RegisterDonateLogin

If I told you half the things I've heard about this web site, you'd probably short circuit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-Set 16 Spoiler Thread Options
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:20:30 AM
Groups: Member

Sheev can apparently lightsaber assault, move 12 (doing 10 to everyone he is adjacent to), than Force Dash and move 6 more hitting everyone he is adjacent to for 10 and than attack someone twice.
(18 squares doing 10 to everyone he is adjacent to and than attacking last twice).

He could also Force dash, move 6 attack someone twice, then move 6 more, then use Force Attuned to Dash again and go 6 more squares and attack someone else twice. 18 squares attack twice but pit stop 6 in and hit someone else twice.

Or move 6, force dash to 12 attack someone twice and than force dash again and hit someone else within 6 twice.

Seems very powerful. I am glad there is a better Palpatine/Sidious piece for Sith.

not super sold on Force Dash as a force power. I think it is worded junky and should be a replace turn ability

(Force 2, Replace turn, move up to double speed, at the end of movement this character can make all its attack). or something like that.
I don't know if I like the idea that he can dash, attack, attack, dash, attack, attack all in one turn. It jsut seems like a whole lot. which is fine for Powerful Sidious. I do not know Palpatine as in apprentice very well to be confident that he can do something like that, which is my only doubt.

I am still waiting for this Sidious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg

This guy gets close imo
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:21:38 AM

P.S. next set should consist of a Savage Oppress and Darth Maul duo piece

and than Republic should get an Obi-Wan Kenobi and Asajj Ventress Piece.

Here is the battle (you can jump to 2:20 to watch them fight together)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGInoX0mzw
shmi15
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:32:58 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Keshiri Temple Guard

Cost 8

HP: 20, Def: 13, Att: 1, Dam: 10

Lost Tribe
Melee Attack
Bodyguard
Death-Dealer (Once per turn, each enemy taking damage from this character's printed abilities also take an additional unpreventable 10 damage)
Defensive Reflex (An adjacent enemy that damages this character takes 10 damage. That enemy cannot attack for the rest of that turn; save 16)

Need some explaining and maybe some word cleaning up on this.. Not exactly sure whats going on.

jen'ari wrote:
Darth Vectivus

Cost 29

HP: 90, Def: 19, Att: 12, Dam: 20

Unique
Melee
Double
Invisibility (cannot be targeted by nonadjacent enemies)

FORCE 4
Force Phantom (Force 1; usable once per skirmish: Replaces turn, 20 damage or to 1 adjacent ally, then with a save of 6 this character deals 20 unpreventable damage to any enemy follower with a Force rating)
Force Void (If this character is defeated, each enemy character with a Force rating loses 2 Force points)
Illusion

Interesting piece.... But What exactly are the limits on Force Phantom?

jen'ari wrote:
SET HARTH, Dark Jedi

Cost 36

HP: 70, Def: 19, Att: 9, Dam: 20

Unique
Twin
Impulsive Force Renewal
Loner
Stealth

FORCE 1
Blaster Barrage
Transfer Essence
Lightsaber Throw 2

A Mara Jade piece for the Sith? From a guy who had a small part in the Bane Trilogy?

jen'ari wrote:
Sheev Palpatine, Sith Apprentice

Cost 29

HP: 100, Def: 19, Att: 10, Dam: 20

Unique
Melee
Double
Dun Moch Style (adjacent -2 to saves, adjacent enemies cannot use force powers to attack him)
Force Attuned (Force Power that replaces attacks at end of turn)
Parry

FORCE 2, Renewal 1, MoF2
Force Dash (Force 2 replaces attacks, move character to speed. after moving make 2 attacks)
Force Leap
Force Lightning 1 (Force 1, replaces attacks, range 6, 20 damage)
Lightning Assault (Force 1: Until the end of the turn each character he moves adjacent to takes 10 damage once)
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I paraphrased a few of them because it is hard to write it all down. someone can clean up the words later.

Now this guy I can get behind. This is EXACTLY what the Sith needs. a Mid range character who can hold their own, and do some damage, while absorbing some blows. This guy will see competitive pay for sure, as he fits in just about every Sith squad.Only thing I wish was maybe some sort of synergy with Plagueis.... But I can withhold that complaint, because so far, this is hands down my favorite piece of this set.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 9:43:42 AM

shmi15 wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Keshiri Temple Guard

Cost 8

HP: 20, Def: 13, Att: 1, Dam: 10

Lost Tribe
Melee Attack
Bodyguard
Death-Dealer (Once per turn, each enemy taking damage from this character's printed abilities also take an additional unpreventable 10 damage)
Defensive Reflex (An adjacent enemy that damages this character takes 10 damage. That enemy cannot attack for the rest of that turn; save 16)

Need some explaining and maybe some word cleaning up on this.. Not exactly sure whats going on.

There was a lot of discussion about it but I kind of skipped around to get the stats.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 12:34:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jen'ari wrote:
Sheev can apparently lightsaber assault, move 12 (doing 10 to everyone he is adjacent to), than Force Dash and move 6 more hitting everyone he is adjacent to for 10 and than attack someone twice.
(18 squares doing 10 to everyone he is adjacent to and than attacking last twice).

You're probably l taking a bunch of attacks of opportunity to do that (and if you want to leap you give up your Force Dash or Lightning Assault. And then when you get to doing your own attacks, his attack is only ten and there aren't many competitive characters that can boost it (if any).
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 1:06:52 PM

I definitely like the piece and want a powerful sidious/palpatine. My doubt comes from "should the sheev apprentice version be able to do so much?"
He does a ton.

But I love the function to go 18 squares and do auto ten to everyone he becomes Adjacent to. And it just looks funny. Zap zap zap
Diplomat walls fail worse than our southern border. Love scissor options that can target diplomats
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 1:10:29 PM

Very nice stuff for the Sith! Especially Vectivus! Finally something for the Sith to counter Bastilla with, at least for one turn. And I wonder if I helped with inspiration for the piece:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/13190/darth-vectivus
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 1:26:16 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Very nice stuff for the Sith! Especially Vectivus! Finally something for the Sith to counter Bastilla with, at least for one turn. And I wonder if I helped with inspiration for the piece:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/13190/darth-vectivus

Sith already had a (probably better) counter to ABM in Queen Amanoa's CE, which can affect ABM more than once. Vectivus is cool too though (and I'm pretty sure your custom did inspire the design as Force Phantom started out very similar to your own version).
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, July 21, 2018 4:33:25 PM

Fair point she is decent forcing Bastilla to save and thus shutting down ABM. But they have different roles as he can shut it off anytime while the Queen can only turn it off after your whole team is activated.
jak
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:05:03 AM

jen'ari wrote:
P.S. next set should consist of a Savage Oppress and Darth Maul duo piece

and than Republic should get an Obi-Wan Kenobi and Asajj Ventress Piece.

Here is the battle (you can jump to 2:20 to watch them fight together)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufGInoX0mzw

what is your hidden agenda, behind wanting these pieces madeFlapper
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2018 9:39:34 AM

I dont think it is a hidden agenda. I like duo pieces and the one that came out this set did not do well, imo but I love 4LOM and Zuckuss.

I really would enjoy a Maul / Oppress duo piece.

The Obi Wan and Asajj is just me being smarmy.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:53:06 PM

Oops. I don't think that one was spoiled yet.
jediinexhile
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:15:53 AM

Just curious as I have been away from the game for some time, how does one print out these new Virtual sets? Are previous virtual sets available to printed out as well?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 12:30:27 AM

jediinexhile wrote:
Just curious as I have been away from the game for some time, how does one print out these new Virtual sets? Are previous virtual sets available to printed out as well?

You can find all the pdf files for past and present V-sets here:

http://swmgamers.com/SWM/V-setMain.html