RegisterDonateLogin

Yousa all bombad.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GenCon Champs 2005-Present Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 5:10:11 PM
Groups: Member

Weeks wrote:
Congrats to TINT. Once again proving he’s the best. Welcome to the Mandalore club. Let’s go invade Republic space together!

Yeah, baby! Mandalore for the win!

Thanks Weeks. I really enjoy this squad base that we played (MtV, Kelborn, Tactician)...it allows for so much flexibility and tactical maneuvering.
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:06:15 PM

Weeks wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
Greetings SWM community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On the eve of the 2018 SWM GenCon Championship, I wanted to post something that I have been wanting to post for several years now. With GenCon here tomorrow, why not now? So, without further ado, drum roll please...……………………………………..

1. 2006- GenCon Indy Sat 150pt Champ- Imps "Black and Blue Classic" (Billiv), Sunday 150pt Champ- Imps " Black and Blue Varient"- ( I do not remember guy's name that won )

GenCon So Cal 150pt Champ- Imps "LV Black and Blue"- (Moses2813) ( Man I miss Jim Fraser! ) The very first Con that a SWM participant showcased Lord Vader, because Wizards of the coast released the Bounty Hunters expansion set on September 23rd, 2006, and GenCon So Cal, took place November 16-19, 2006!

2. 2007- GenCon Indy 150pt Champ- Republic "Broken Boba" ( Dr Divot )

Unfortunately for me, GenCon So Cal was cancelled permanently starting in 2007 ThumbDown

3. 2008- 150pt Champ- Rebels "Speedy Cannon" (Billiv)

4. 2009- 150pt Champ- Rebels "Lobbin Luke" (Fingersandteeth)

5. 2010- 200pt Champ- Rebels "Smug Commandos" (Echo24)

6. 2011- 200pt Champ- OR "Bastila's Battlemasters" (Jester007)

7. 2012- 200pt Champ- Republic "This Party's Over" (thereisnotry)

8. 2013- 200pt Champ- NR "Prof. Luke's Art Class" (sephiroth99is)

9. 2014- 200pt Champ- Mandos "Movin Mandos" (Weeks)

10. 2015- 200pt Champ- Imps "Wuher the Hypocrite" (Darth_Jim)

11. 2016- 200pt Champ- Rebels "Prison Break" (thereisnotry)

12. 2017- 200pt Champ- Imps "Roger Stone of SWM V2" (atmsalad) now known as (Darth_Frenchy)

13. 2018- 200pt Champ- Imps "Les Femmes Fatales Redux: O.C.D. (Opportunistic Charging Domination)" (TimmerB123)

14. 2019- 200pt Champ- Imps "Swappy McCool"
( Lily_wan )

15. 2020- 200pt Champ- Mandos "Jangalorn" (thereisnotry)

History of Faction Wins at SWM Championships at GenCon Since 2005

Imperials= 7
Rebels= 4
Republic= 2
Mandos= 2
OR= 1
NR= 1

*2006 had 3 150pt Championships ( 2 in Indy, 1 in So Cal )

Congrats to TINT. Once again proving he’s the best. Welcome to the Mandalore club. Let’s go invade Republic space together!

+1.
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 8:45:25 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Thanks Weeks. I really enjoy this squad base that we played (MtV, Kelborn, Tactician)...it allows for so much flexibility and tactical maneuvering.

7 years ago at GenCon 2013 Champs, I took this squad to competition;

Vindicated
Kelborn
Mando Cap
3 Scouts
Saboteur
Camaasi
4 mice
2 Uggs

I went 3-2, 12th place finish, with my losses to Daniel ( NR with Luke and Kyle, Ganner, and Ors ) and Gerry ( Naboo Pilots )

Afterwards, I bloomailed Tint, and he told me to lose a scout and the Camaasi, and add the Tactician.

In 2014, Weeks won GenCon champs with the engine of Mtv, Kelborn, and the Tactician. Now in 2020, Tint adds the beast Jango, and it's just absolutely sick and unstoppable. Trevor, you are the man. The best SWM player ever, and an incredibly humble, kind, and special dude. You've always gave me insight, advice, and guidance in SWM. You are a gracious champion, and just a guy with no ego, trying to help others get better. I solute you buddy. Cheers.
BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, August 9, 2020 3:22:06 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Vindicated
Kelborn
Mando Cap
3 Scouts
Saboteur
Camaasi
4 mice
2 Uggs

I went 3-2, 12th place finish, with my losses to Daniel ( NR with Luke and Kyle, Ganner, and Ors ) and Gerry ( Naboo Pilots )

Afterwards, I bloomailed Tint, and he told me to lose a scout and the Camaasi, and add the Tactician.

In 2014, Weeks won GenCon champs with the engine of Mtv, Kelborn, and the Tactician. Now in 2020, Tint adds the beast Jango, and it's just absolutely sick and unstoppable. Trevor, you are the man. The best SWM player ever, and an incredibly humble, kind, and special dude. You've always gave me insight, advice, and guidance in SWM. You are a gracious champion, and just a guy with no ego, trying to help others get better. I solute you buddy. Cheers.

My squad was completely TINT Tech that year. He’s always been ahead on the Mandos.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2020 5:16:49 AM

Weeks wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Vindicated
Kelborn
Mando Cap
3 Scouts
Saboteur
Camaasi
4 mice
2 Uggs

My squad was completely TINT Tech that year. He’s always been ahead on the Mandos.

And my minis lol. My minis won 2 years straight.
Weeks
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2020 9:05:43 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Weeks wrote:
DarthMaim wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
Weeks wrote:

Vindicated
Kelborn
Mando Cap
3 Scouts
Saboteur
Camaasi
4 mice
2 Uggs

And my minis lol. My minis won 2 years straight.

Oh yeah, good times!
jhc36
Posted: Friday, August 14, 2020 12:12:13 PM

Now those are names I haven't seen in a long time... a long time.
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 4:48:52 AM

Who needs GenCon anyways??????????? Woot Flapper Let's go VassalCon!!!!!!!!! Congrats to DarkDracul with his victory over the best SWM player ever!!!!!! I especially loved his victory not having to utilize Mira of Nar Shaddaa! Assajj doing 100 dmg..............the new what the frick chick beast! Most excellent Bryan!!!!!!!!! BlooMilk