RegisterDonateLogin

Can't see a thing in this helmet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 18: What do you want to see? Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:46:36 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

V-set 17 set list is final, and design is underway.
(Set 17 WDYWTS? thread lives here.)

So what do you want to see for V-set 18?
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:06:51 AM
Groups: Member

Here is my list:

-Leebo that boosts up Dash including the old original one. Leebo could be like Jan was for Kyle and give him GMA, double attack and either Pulse Cannon or flamethrower.

Speaking of videogame heroes... I still want my Rianna Saren and Zeeo teamwork combo. Literally been waiting for years on that and not to mention a perfectness opportunity for the old molecular shielding on a new piece.

To round out this video game request list can I add on NK-1 Necrosis (AKA Imperial droid Grievous) or Dr. Kinesworthy that allows a medium character whose name contains Grievous to be in your squad but they lose cyborg and gain Droid? It's got what dark troopers crave!

Also here is for updated/later seasons Rebels characters (blind master Kanan, Sabine Mandalorian/Darksaber/Vambraces, Ezra Jedi) also AP-1 and Fenn Rau needs to make an entrance.

Also with the return of then Clone Wars next year it's time to finish off the still missing characters:

-Daughter/Son (super healer and destructive powers respectively and both have flight and the Beast Attack SA)
-Mother Talzin
-Old Daka
-Riff Tamson
-Po Nudo
-Senator Tikkes (poor Quarren need a boost)
-remakes of the old Sep Huges still needing help

Non-uniques:
-super tactical droid
-Droid Control Center (with a way to make one CE immune to disruptive)
Naarkon
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:07:28 AM

I would like to see some remakes of some of the WotC uniques that aren’t so good anymore but are iconic characters. Examples would be:
Freedon Nadd (both other ghosts have someone who turns into them)
A’Sharad Hett (tuskens are underrepresented)
Kir Kanos (just a personnal favorite, but he was super cool in the comics imo)
Naga Sadow (iconic Sith character)
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:24:24 AM

#1 Teek
#2 Noa Briqualon
#3 Teek & Noa Briqualon
#4 Vader, Redeemed (A rebel vader with a self-damaging mechanic when he activates, and synergy, camaraderie, body guard for Luke, representing his rescue of luke during ROTJ)
#4 Paploo on Speeder Bike
#5 Master Dooku (pre-fall, republic)
#6 Arbeloa (the dude wore a vong skull for a helmet, I need this in my life.)
#7 Agent Jahan Cross
#8 Leebo
#9 Snoova Or Chewbacca(Snoova)
#10 C-3PX
#11 Updated Bossk

I assume we'll get a miniset for Solo or something too?
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 11:26:13 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Here is my list:

-Leebo that boosts up Dash including the old original one. Leebo could be like Jan was for Kyle and give him GMA, double attack and either Pulse Cannon or flamethrower.

Can't believe we've come so far without a Leebo piece
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:34:53 AM

adamb0nd wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Here is my list:

Can't believe we've come so far without a Leebo piece

I know right! He's a huge oversight, same with Rianna, Zeeo and GOTO for video game characters

And +1 to your agent Cross! Imperial James Bond!

Also want to see more Vong!

Including:

Coralskipper Pilot

Gene Splicers to help the old savage characters out:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31912/yuuzhan-vong-splicer

Swoop Analog to be a Unique movement breaker:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33249/swoop-analog

Admiral Capo to round out the Peace Brigade as a subfaction

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33255/admiral-capo

Young Rakamat for another Huge beast:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23151/young-rakamat

Also Vongspawn and the single most needed Vong piece, the Coruscant World Brain with affinity for Jacen Solo
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2018 9:01:18 AM

I would like to flesh out some subfactions and make them fun.

OR needs covenant help, army of light help, I would love to see the continuation of the Jace Malcolm soldier build

Republic simply need good Jedi. 1 v 1 their Jedi suck even though there is a massive order.

Separatist need a movement breaker

Vong I love the swoop analog idea from gg

NR. Can we say good Luke Skywalker??!? That competes as a tier 1 option

Sith: old Masters (Naga/freedon) some non unique that can play with Vitiate, a new sith battle Droid (we continually forget how much sith used droids)

Rebels and Mando I just want to see Tactical Shot in there
Tactical Shot: if this character hits an adjacent enemy, that enemy cannot make attacks of opportunity this turn.

Fringe: Hutt cartel with some Uniques

Imperial: unique imperial Knight (Ganner Krieg, etc)

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Saturday, August 11, 2018 1:54:04 AM

This set will be the eighth virtual set since the first characters exclusive to the new canon were added to the game. In that time, we have had six subsets released. Of the characters in those subsets, 6 are from the EU, 28 are from canon, and 15 are canonical in both continuities. I think it's time for a subset that focuses more on or at least includes characters from Legends, as opposed to the Solo one I'm sure we're getting in set 17 and the Episode IX one we'll probably get eventually. I know that canon will take some sets to catch up with the number of Legends miniatures, and there isn't exactly a lot of hype or demand for characters in Legends now that further material has been cancelled, but I would appreciate a temporary change in focus from new movies to older characters that never got represented in the game.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2018 9:13:21 PM

As always, way more Unique suggestions than non-Unique suggestions. But keep them all coming nonetheless.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:54:20 AM

I also think some boosts for Galactic Alliance non-Uniques, or just better GA non-Uniques, would be great. And the rest of the Covenant characters need to be added.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 6:32:24 AM

A non unique I think would be cool is a a Tauntaun. Probably rebel faction. Just a cheap mount to give some characters more speed.

If you really want to go all out, you can also add in this slick build http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/2610/dead-tauntaun
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 7:40:23 AM

I think a non-unique Mount or "Vehicle" that people can get off and on is a fantastic idea. Maybe even the Fathier from The Last Jedi.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 9:51:33 AM

MORE NEW SPECIES AS NON-UNIQUES (Instead of the human bodyguard, make it a Besalisk bodyguard. Instead of just an infiltrator, make a Dashade infiltrator. Instead of [subfaction] soldier, make it a Ranat [subfaction] soldier, etc. It adds flavor, and it expands possibilities while focusing the figure.)

Some I'd like to see (Asterisk on favorites):
Aleena
Balosar
Besalisk*
Cerean
Dashade
Drall
Elom
Evocii
Gand*
Kiffar*
Nagai
Nelvaanian (Mutant)*
Omwati (Qui Xux would be a fun unique btw)
Ranat*
Rattataki*
Ssi-Ruuk*
Ubese*
Umbaran
Yevetha

In virtually every set, there is opportunity to do this (and has frequently been missed). Get more representation into SWM! Get creative, leave the boring behind.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2018 10:19:37 AM

Morgukai were fun. (Nikto)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 6:31:00 AM

The list will likely be decided in September/October. Collection of characters to discuss is happening right now, so continue to make any suggestions here.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2018 9:14:10 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
As always, way more Unique suggestions than non-Unique suggestions. But keep them all coming nonetheless.

Challenge accepted, my top two non-uniques by faction:

OR
Antarian Ranger Commander, that creates more synergy between force users and rangers
Agriculture Jedi Corps, super cheap force user

Sith
Sith Assassin Overlord that boosts up force users as long as your squad contains only Nihilus, Traya, Sion and Assassins
Sith Armorer that can hand out force attuned or dark armor to one unique Sith ally

Mandalorian
Mandalorian Bandit (cloaked mine's character with flamethrower as a new staple cheap Mandalorian KOTOR-themed Swarm)
Mandalorian Combat Medic that hands out a regeneration Implant to one unique Mandalorian

Republic
Clone Trooper Medic/Hazmat trooper/firefighter, having heal 20, breath mask and fireproof
Decimator Tank! (With affinity for Sev'rance Tann!), mounted weapon, damage reduction and one super unblockable shot

Separatist
Engineer Battle Droid http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30736/engineer-battle-droid
that gives out Overwatch to Huge droids
Valahari Vulture Droid or Hyena Bomber in Walking Mode

Imperial
Imperial Missionary Priest/commander to make the Missionary's playable (double their heal ability, grant them aggressive negotiations)
Imperial Sentry Droid, boost for Dark Trooper Droids, like linked programming (droids are immune to CE disruption if your squad contains only Droid characters with one commander) fire control system and door gimmick to all dark troopers

Rebel
Infys Nest Swoop Bike Member
Saw's Extremist Rebels (self destruct sequence, stronger if they are wounded)

New Republic
Mech Suit Galactic Alliance Trooper that helped in the attack on Abeloth (new use for
Jedi Strike Team member, has Assassin and gives it to Kyle Katarn

Yuuzhan Vong
*see my entire list of mostly non-uniques a couple posts back but my top two picks:*
Swoop Analog as a movement breaker for the Vong with a Cognition Hood that uses the stats of its strongest rider
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33249/swoop-analog

Gene Splicer that grants old terrible huge savage fringe characters VCA 2 and the ability to damage themselves to deal reactionary damage to enemies that just hit them
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31912/yuuzhan-vong-splicer

Fringe
Yuuzhan Vong Black Sun Arms Dealer, from the Legacy comics era and they are a Vong that deals in their illegal bioweapons, handing out razor bugs and fire jelly

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33105/confederate-veteran
A Confederate Veteran survivor from then clone wars that hands out prideful, hide Site and mines 10 to the cheapest garbage soldiers in the game specifically other Separatist and fringe soldiers that are on the run from the new empire

adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 4:23:56 AM

I could stand to see more Gamorrean and Trandoshan non-uniques. I feel like we have these non-unique commanders to boost them, but there aren't any worth playing even with the decent CE.
droidadmiral
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 5:38:45 AM

Huyang

AZI-3

0-0-0

TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 21, 2018 6:37:17 AM

It is a bit crazy we don't have Mother Talzen yet
Naarkon
Posted: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 4:48:00 AM