More protein than a Gimer Stick.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 119 - Carbonite Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:20:01 AM
Groups: Member

This week's challenge is: Carbonite!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite/Legends

This fun material starred in arguably the most beloved Star Wars movies of all time, and after all these years we only have one piece to represent it?? Madness! It's time to give this mythical element it's time in the spotlight! Carbonite miners, Carbonite weapons, Carbonite-armored droids, a carbon freezing chamber, your favourite heroes frozen in Carbonite, or even a Carbonite table! It's time for the Carbonite revolution! So freeze your dreams and showcase Carbonite!

Rules:

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Sep 1st, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Sep 3rd, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:30:01 AM

Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:15:22 PM

I'm not too familiar with carbonite tech, but I always wanted this piece:

Bespin Carbon Freezing Unit

As usual, its a bit out-of-the-box. Any feedback or concerns are most welcome!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:17:01 PM

I've had Zero interest in SWM's the last few months ( own issues) and haven't made a card in months, haven't even thought of entering any of the CCC's lately ... but GG kicked me in the ankle and as a salute to him ....

Carbonite Freezing Chamber

This seems a nobrainer so even I can't screw up the meta or power levels with this one.

S

EDIT: Apologies to Oak, his character wasn't up when I hit enter.
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 12:23:03 PM

Haha! Excellent Surf. Great minds.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 1:37:08 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, August 28, 2018 7:43:05 PM

The character we all wanted to see frozen in carbonite, now in minis form:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35296/jar-jar-binks-in-carbonite
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:15:20 AM

jak
Posted: Wednesday, August 29, 2018 7:15:29 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, September 1, 2018 6:22:43 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I've had Zero interest in SWM's the last few months ( own issues) and haven't made a card in months, haven't even thought of entering any of the CCC's lately ... but GG kicked me in the ankle and as a salute to him ....

Carbonite Freezing Chamber

This seems a nobrainer so even I can't screw up the meta or power levels with this one.

S

EDIT: Apologies to Oak, his character wasn't up when I hit enter.

Interesting piece Surf! Only question is do you want a new character names Carbonite to be put in place of the character that is frozen or just a Carbonite condition added to a character that remains in play? Wording may need to be tweaked to say place a character named "Carbonite Prisoner" in play but also maybe make it once per game or only one character can be frozen at a time or else you may get confused with multiple frozen characters around. A condition state on a character may be easier but I applaud you going after the harder choice! Also nice to see your cards again.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, September 2, 2018 11:39:13 AM

1. Oakel

2. GG

3. adamb0nd
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, September 2, 2018 7:39:16 PM

I find it interesting that the contest started on the 28th and almost no one commented till late the 31st, with a lot of the comments actually the morning of the last day. My excuse is my "crisis of faith" that I'm not even sure I want to continue SWM. I've also noticed that in the past few contests, many have enterd a ," there were very few contestants," and some didn't comment and didn't even bother to vote. Not sure what that says about the CCC at this stage.

GG - Sith Droid Tech. The Carb ability sounds like snare gun to me ... same effect.

Oak - Freezing Chamber. 100 Hp + 15 Damage is 13 alone; even with the two negatives, still 11 Points. Not sure about the Dispute ability and as others have mentioned, Carb Freezing is rather complicated and may have game mechanic issues ... and its underpriced but no one cares what I say on that ...

Gandalf - Carb War Droid. Not sure how it can be melee AND have a ranged weapon. There are precedents but since this pieces reason for existing is the Carb gun, makes no sense, to Me at least.

EmDragon. Jar Jar. Silly I can deal with, but way undercosted ... and as a piece it makes no sense to me, silly or not .... and Jar Jar never could do that, but if we're being fanciful, whatever ….

Adam - Boba. Captive sounds way too dangerous and absolutely a NPE before someone would even start the game ... and his cost would include freezing, what, 90-95% of all pieces??

jak - pyn'gani miner. The gun wording needs work but I got the gist of it.

IMO … Not sure what to say this week; no one wants to hear about points, several either don't make sense, are too undercosted and/or are NPE at best .... and the contest is wandering into silly serious, which is Much worse than silly for silly's sake.

Time to think on several things regarding this CCC in particular and CCC's as they've become

Peace

S
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, September 2, 2018 8:02:12 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Gandalf - Carb War Droid. Not sure how it can be melee AND have a ranged weapon. There re precedents but since this pieces reason for existing is the Crab gun, makes no sense, to Me at least.

The Carbonite War Droids were armed only with a carbonite gun and a shield, as far as I know. Them being able to shoot someone and do damage doesn't make much sense to me; the only ranged weapon they have is non-lethal. However, if they are next to someone they would be able to use their arms or legs to attack that person, I guess- hence Melee Attack. I've never actually played TFU 2, so I don't know how accurate my assumptions are.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 7:02:44 AM

1. Gandalf
2. Oakel
3. Jak
juice man
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 7:27:10 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Carb War Droid.
The ultimate diet. LOL
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 2:16:58 PM

Oakel, solid idea but I think it still needs some tweaking such as changing the targeting requirements to hit points.

Surf, awesome to see your card and only comment is the same one I gave about the Carbonite condition versus new character placement.

Gandalf, your Carbonite is much stronger than mine haha. Maybe too strong with not being able to activate and suppressing everything.

Emperor, great joke piece but not sure if it's canon, though there is technically a case for it.

Adam, another Fett is always a challenge but interesting cloud city version here. But disabling an opponents piece especially at such a wide cost range could actually be a power 12 piece.

Jak, super simple piece, but I think it needs its wording to be touched up. And save of 13? So random haha.

3rd Gandalf
2nd Jak
1st, Surf
jak
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2018 4:27:14 PM

1-emp d-jarjar blows
2-adam-boba rules
3-gg-droids are cool
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 7:45:18 AM

Well it would have been Oakel but he didn't vote which means it goes to Gandalf, congrats Gandalf! Good simple design and post up the next one.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 8:15:16 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I find it interesting that the contest started on the 28th and almost no one commented till late the 31st, with a lot of the comments actually the morning of the last day. My excuse is my "crisis of faith" that I'm not even sure I want to continue SWM. I've also noticed that in the past few contests, many have enterd a ," there were very few contestants," and some didn't comment and didn't even bother to vote. Not sure what that says about the CCC at this stage.

S

answer is, the game is dying
sadly, attempts in designed pieces to make the game "better" have hastened this condition
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, September 4, 2018 9:03:41 AM

jak wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

S

answer is, the game is dying
sadly, attempts in designed pieces to make the game "better" have hastened this condition

Well from my point of view the Jedi are evil! Seriously though we played in the North before I found out about Bloo and any drama here and we'll keep playing regardless of it haha.