RegisterDonateLogin

Is indeed as powerful as the Emperor has foreseen.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

» CCC Week 127 - Yub my nub Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 3:11:37 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Rules:

1. Your character must have the Ewok special ability.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Nov 10, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, Nov 12, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 4:00:15 PM
Groups: Member

My entry this week is 2 parts if that's not allowed ill change it up but here they are

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35412/ewok-slave
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/15678/ewok-handler
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 4:02:45 PM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 7:57:47 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 8:59:55 PM

kiki
Posted: Monday, November 5, 2018 10:08:08 PM

jak
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 5:39:14 AM

Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, November 6, 2018 11:53:13 AM

Ewok swarms are a wonderful thing. But Strafe is the bane of the Ewok swarm. Which is why the Ewoks have searched deep into the forest for the Shamans who would help them win their struggle against dangerous lawnmowers.

Ewok Forest Shaman
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:39:34 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, November 9, 2018 8:03:27 AM

Ewoks and Gungans are not really my thing but here is my attempt haha:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28470/ewok-villager
kiki
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 1:17:49 PM

1. Oakel

2. GG

3. Gandalf
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:01:00 PM

Lots of great customs this week, well done all.

1. CC- Dogpile is a really cool idea and you executed it well.

2. Oakel- Thematic and a great help against one of the Ewoks' greatest weaknesses.

3. GG- Simple yet powerful, it does its job well and is a pretty accurate representation.

Also, whoever wins, don't forget to put rule 1 back in next week. The challenge itself can just be a preface.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:18:35 PM

1. Gandalf

2. CC

3. Adam
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 2:32:25 PM

1. GG

2. Jen

3.Kiki

A lot of awesome Ewoks this week was hard to choose my favorites!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, November 11, 2018 7:46:01 PM

Good job, all!

3rd - Oakel's Ewok Forest Shaman - Neat flavor. Force fog is always cool, and you've got some neat boosts, but not over-the-top since they're Ewok only.

2nd - kiki's Elite Ewok Warrior - Nice to give them a piece that can do something without just out-activating and swarming. I mean, Ewoks are the poster-children for swarm squads, but Ewok squads are kinda convoluted to run, and you pretty much have to overwhelm your opponent in a turn and a half otherwise you're done. Nice to have a piece with a little bit of it's own muscle and staying power.

1st - Gandalf's Ewok Jedi - This needed to happen. 'nuff said. I haven't even looked into how it's boosted by the ewok boosts, but it's a good piece. Nicely done.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 6:42:39 AM

1. Jak's Elites
2. Oakel's shamen
3. GG's Villiager

Was really hard to pick. I'm so proud of y'all.
Oakel
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 9:57:52 AM

1. CC - The dogpile mechanic is clever, distinct, and provides some nice tools to deal with big baddies that would make Ewoks cry. Well done.

2. GG - Honestly, what started as a joke turned into a great entry. I think these little guys could be massively disrupting to a heavy shooter style of play, and force more melee interaction across the game. Imagine bringing in 6 chances for an accurate shooter to not hit your commander, just by having lobot in your squad. Might even be too strong even after the defense nerf.

3. Gandalf - Wary is a thing of beauty. Clean piece, well made.

Honorable mentions to you all. It was so hard to pick as each entry had worthwhile things to offer the game and Ewoks specifically. I would love to play the Ewok Handler/slaves in tile wars! :D
Oakel
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 5:43:25 PM

Don't forget to vote folks, this week is looking really close!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 10:52:01 PM

CHS, interesting two-parter idea and not sure how to vote for this one or which one to vote for haha. Ewok Explosion could get pretty crazy pretty quickly with the extra damage stacking on top of the already heavy damage of multiple detonations. But I do think we need a Zann Ewok Handler in the game. In the end to be able to vote I'm going to choose to vote on your Ewok Handler

Jen, I really like the idea behind your piece as a sort of Ewok Swarm leader. Only thing I'm hesitant for coming from the simplicity angle is three brand new abilities on a 10 point character. I think Ewok Tactics at least could probably be subbed out for gang or synergy. But the horde idea is super interesting.

CC, This is both hilarious and mechanically interesting. It feels more like a scenario-piece than a competitive one but great job on something very outside the box that works.

Gandalf, love it! Great job on a very different Ewok! This photo actually came up when I was doing my own Ewok research but ended up going with a different meat-shield angle my wife recommended. I really like everything about this though. I do think his hit points could come down a bit just based on he Ugnaught Jedi.

Kiki, natives is quite clever and a solid Ewok upgrade.

Jak, is this multiple Ewoks? Haha but grappling hooks and traps is sweet. I think he, or they, may be a bit under-costed. But looks like some fun.

Oakel, this is a really brilliantly-designed piece. You really helped correct one of their major weaknesses and did it in a very thematic way without getting too complicated. Great job.

Adam, I really like everything about this piece except for elevated. I think with me lee being able to hit flight and snowspeeders that they should probably be able to hit a slowly flying Ewok as well. Just imagine them throwing their lightsaber or a piece of debris directly upwards haha.

Well shoot guys that was a really hard week to review! Some amazing pieces here and in the end I have to narrow it down to these final three that I would most like to see:

3rd CHS
2nd Gandalf
1st Oakel
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, November 12, 2018 11:01:51 PM

I think it's just Jak we are waiting on now, but it's neck and neck for Oakel with 11 and Gandalf with 10, me and CC are trailing just behind that as well. Close week!