TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 10:05:11 AM
Groups: Member

Yeah, good on ya NZ!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 3:21:47 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Dr Daman beats gandalfthegreatestwizard 135-123 on Jabba's Palace

Daman won map roll and chose his map. I set up on the left. I brought in three Rodian Brutes with Bribery, and Daman brought in an Amanin Scout and a Killik Drone. My Con Artists took Opportunist (of course).

Round 1: Daman wins init and makes me go first. I moved my squad up to the gambit "room" on the left, with some filler out in front. Daman moves a bunch of fodder everywhere, and then (Daman's) Morrigan ran out of the upper door on his side of gambit and killed one of my Brutes (reinforcement). She swapped for Cad, who put 30dmg on Jarael (made 2 Evades, one attack was a critical miss) and ran back into the room. Lobot closed the door just above gambit. 10-10

Round 2: Daman wins init and makes me go first. I move Jarael back to the safety of the gambit "room" with Talon, and move Talon safely into the room. Daman spun Ozzel, and my R7 moved into the Spice Den and opened the door closed by Lobot. (My) Morrigan charged up to the door and hit Cad twice (20 left), stopping him from being swapped or getting Opportunist. She then moved away to relative safety with Agile. Daman re-locked the door with Lobot, and I moved Jarael, Ponda and some fodder up next to (my) Morrigan, and the rest of my guys into the left gambit "room". Daman outactivated and swapped Morrigan into the Spice Den, killing my R7. He moved the rest of his fodder. 20-31

Round 3: Daman wins init and decides to go first. I move Jarael next to the lower door on the left of gambit with Talon's CE. Daman moves Cad next to her, kills her and runs further back into the room. (Now that I think of it, that door wasn't open- Jarael was the only one next to it, and no turn had ended yet that round. But we didn't notice at the time.) I moved Ponda next to the lower door to open it, and (my) Morrigan charged in and killed Cad Bane (taking 50dmg from a Ugnaught that hit and a Rodian that rolled a crit on the way). Daman swapped Morrigan and his Amanin Scout, which was all the way back in the Servant's Station in my setup area. I killed a Brute with one of my Brutes and hit his Amanin with another, the Amanin killed the Rodian in retaliation and ran away. I moved my Ugnaught all the way back to open the door to the Servant's Station, and Boba flew back and got LOS to (Daman's) Morrigan. The first attack roll was a crit, and Daman rolled a natural 1 on the Evade (20 left). The other two hit, but were Evaded. Daman spun Mas, and I killed a Rodian with Marn, and spun Talon and Evazan in the gambit room on my side (all out). Daman killed (my) Morrigan with one of his Rodians, and moved some fodder and Lobot to kill Ponda and then locked the lower door on his side of gambit. He moved (his) Morrigan out of the Servant's Station and hit Boba twice (50 left). 87-99

Round 4: Daman wins init, decides to go first and swaps Morrigan to safety. I moved Boba and killed three of Daman's fodder guys, getting them out of the way so that Marn- who got a long LOS through the upper door on the right side of gambit- could shoot Lobot (dead Lobot). (I was really proud of that move.) 123-99 Daman moved his Amanin and shot Marn, dealing 30 (20 left). I used Evazan's Emergency Life Support on Boba (made the save, 80 left), and moved Evazan out as a blocker (in retrospect, the wrong move, as he was the only one that Morrigan could take out without a crit). (I'm all out.) Daman killed my last Rodian (holding the upper door to the left of gambit open) with one of his Rodians, and then his Killik Drone ran out and killed Marn. 123-120 Morrigan charged out and hit Evazan twice, and I rolled a 2 on the first Avoid Defeat save so Evazan dies. Time's up (a couple minutes before, actually) and Daman just overtook me, so we call it. Final score: 135-123, not including gambit for rd4.

Super close and tactical game, which could have had a different result if I hadn't made a couple of key mistakes. Congratulations to Daman for a well-deserved title. Thanks to everyone who played, and especially to spry for organising the tournament- I had a great time.
kiki
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 2:20:45 PM
Groups: Member

GG everyone and a huge thanks to spry for organizing the tournament! BlooMilk
kezzamachine
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 6:00:22 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Final standings?