RegisterDonateLogin

Has never underestimated the power of the Dark Side.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2020 Vassal Regional Play Reports, Pairings, and Standings. Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2020 11:43:39 AM
Groups: Member

thereisnotry defeats urbanshmi on Cloud City, 200-48

I won the map roll and Laura set up on the left side, and placed Luke in Gambit, right beside the small door in the long hallway. I had my fellas over on the right side.

Round 1: I blew the 2-square-wide door near Luke and put 30 dmg on him with Vindicated (who pushed Jango forward with his CE). Luke retaliated by hitting Vindicated back. This enabled me to swarm Luke with the rest of my guys, bringing him down by the end of the round. Laura advanced her other guys up, with a bunch of them still somewhat near her starting zone. Jaina in gambit, and Kyp moving up.

Round 2: I won initiative and, with my Resolnare trick, set up so that I could use 3 guys. Mandalore put 60dmg on Octa with a crit (missed the other 2 attacks), and pushed Jango with his CE. Kelborn was able to put some more damage (with Cunning) onto Octa, and then Jango ran a full 12 squares for a Furious Assault that killed 3 ugs, missed Jagged, and finished off Octa. At this point Jango was way down in the bottom of the map, where it really wasn't worth the trouble for Laura to send her people after him. She ran Jaina in to put some damage on Vindicated, and took nothing back herself. Laura ended the round by putting Kyp up there (along with some others too), which made Vindicated nervous.

Round 3: I won initiative again, and moved Vindicated up to base Kyp...in doing so, I gave up a Cunning aoo to Jaina, but it allowed me to take away Kyp's Evade because I was adjacent. It was only afterward that I realized Kyp was disrupted anyway, so this really wasn't all that necessary, but oh well, c'est la vie. I was able to bring down Kyp with Vindicated (hit all 3 attacks, needing 5s) and Jango charging back for another FA. Kelborn tried to put 60 on Jaina with a Cunning Gauntlet Knife, but I forgot that she had Parry, and since she's a boss, she emerged unscathed. Jaina used Force Leap to base Mira and bring her down to 10 health. Then Laura did a sweet move, letting LorSanTekka die to aoos so that Jaina could finish off Mira. I knew that by making these aoo attacks I'd be losing Mira, but I still had a full health Jango and Kelborn (and a half-health Vindicated), so I figured it was worth it. My Mando Demolitionist then avenged Mira by rolling a crit to kill Jaina. At that point, with just support left, Laura resigned.

The Vassal dice were definitely not kind to Laura this game, and were much kinder to me than they were last game.
Randy
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2020 12:25:56 PM

Randy vs TimmerB: Round 2 of Spring 2020 Vassal Tournament

TimmerB's Sith: "Oppress'd Up!" (Revan/Oppress/Talzin)
Randy Old Republic: "Green Falafel" (Army of Light, Green Jedi)

MAP: Played on TimmerB's Rhen Var

Setup
I set up on the left. I put Farfalla in the small room at the bottom and lined up the rest in the middle. Tim set up outside in the top right.

Round 1
Mainly positioning. Tim used Revan to get the Sith Witch up so she could hop into gambit. I used Master Speed and the Green Jedi Commanders CE to get one Green Jedi up to the Command Center door and the other Green Jedi up to the door for the gambit room.

Round 2
Tim went first with Master Tactician and backed the Sith Witch up to open the door. I charged with the Green Jedi from the hall to Twin her. I hit both attacks but failed the Illusion save on the second hit. I then charged in with the other Green Jedi in and made the Illusion save on the first attack killing the witch. Darth Wyyrlok III used 2 Force to drop 30 on both of the Green Jedi and Mama Talzin dropped another 20 on each of them. Revan then ran around to the top doorway and dropped in Savage who finished them both off with his big Repulse. At the end of the round the Green Jedi Commander and Vongerella, Dark Jedi stood in gambit.

Round 3
Tim gave me the init and I used the Green Jedi Commander to cut down Vongerella, Dark Jedi. She failed her Defense save. The rest of the round was positioning as Savage and his team fell back to regroup.

Round 4
I was able to kill Freedon Nadd, Dark Force Spirit and collect my entire team in the gambit room.

Things sped up a lot at this point. I used Surprise Move to move the Green Jedi Commander up where he was quickly murdered. Savage came in and I used Lightsaber Bravado +10 to drop 80 on Savage and then hit him with the Army of Light Training Sergeant. I managed to overrun Darth Wyyrlok III with AOL Troopers. Revan moved Mama Talzin in and dropped damage on most of my squad. After winning Init Mama Talzin did it again and then backed away taking 3 AOOs to give Revan the opening he needed. Revan rushed in swinging and rolled a 1 on the second attack. He used his last force to re-roll but I was able to make my Lightsaber Defense save. This left Revan toe-to-toe with Farfalla, Army of Light Training Sergeant, and the Corellian Jedi Lord. Having no Force Revan was quickly dispatched.

Tim did not make a single save, I don't think I missed a single attack and failed only 1 save.

Final Score

Randy 231
Tim 122

With nearly 15 minutes to spare.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 12:34:35 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

gandalfthegreatestwizard beats Caedus on Rebel Fortress 2-0

Caedus won map and chose his map, I set up on the left in the Hangar and he above/below the War Room, with his commanders (except Quorreal and Dovin Basal Shaper) in the top right office. Caedus brought in an Executor with the ECS, a Worker and Praetorite Vong Priest with Quorreal, and stole the Senator's cannon shot with the Yammosk.

Round 1: I moved most of my squad to the area between the Hangar and Command Centre, with the Cov Consular in gambit. Caedus moved to the area right of gambit. Gambit to me. 10-0

Round 2: I won init. Caedus opened up the right door with his fodder, then I locked it with my R7, then he Firejellied it with Malik. He moved his guys into the Command Centre, and I stayed back outside except for fodder and the Cov Defender in gambit (I moved the Consular out). Gambit to both. 20-10

Round 3: I won init and retreated the Defender out of gambit with the Consular's CE. I started moving my R7 around below the command centre. Caedus ran in with Tsavong and killed an Ugnaught, and then moved his Aggressive Negotiations Worker and his Dovin Basal Keeper up to block the left door. Raana ran in, taking an AoO for 30 from the Keeper, and managed to hit the Keeper once for 20 then GMA'd out. Caedus moved Shedao up close to the left door. Cov Defender ran around the top of the room and opened the top door, letting Q'Anilia go through with Knight Speed and end next to Quorreal in the top right. Quorreal got cannoned twice, dealing 30 to Q'Anilia with one hit. I ran the Protector around through the top door and ended next to Tsavong with a fp, then cannoned the Protector with the Senator dropping Tsavong to 50HP (failed both VCA6). I also moved the Cov Consular round to the top of the room. Gambit to both. 30-23

Round 4: I won init, moved Raana closer to the top with the Consular's free move, then cannoned the Protector to drop Tsavong to 10HP (failed 1 VCA6). I sacrificed the XT-6 to move Raana who spent a FP to get next to Tsavong and kill him. Shedao killed a Rodian with his Retaliatory Attack, then moved up and killed Raana. Dovin Basal guy hit my Sentinel for 30. In a key move, I ran my R7 way back to Caedus' area and locked the door to the Office, shutting in Nen Yim/Yammosk/Priest/Executor/EC Shaper and therefore any of their unlimited range (not boardwide) abilities and CEs. Q'Anilia put 40dmg on Quorreal, then my Protector finished him off. The Cov Defender used Knight Speed and ran up to Malik (bottom left of the room) and put 20dmg on him (failed VCA11). Malik then (Acrobatic) jumped over the Defender to base my R7. I killed the Shamed One with my Togruta Seer and put 20 on the Dovin guy with Sentinel. My Consular dropped Shedao to 50HP left (failed VCA6). Gambit to both. 101-68

Round 5: Caedus won init, and Shedao killed the Consular and ran over to my Cov Defender. Protector put 50 on Malik with his attacks and the cannon shot (missed one attack, made 2/3 VCA11). Malik hit the R7 once for 10, then ran over next to Shedao. The Cov Defender targeted Shedao but Us-hrok was used to force him to attack Malik, resulting in 2 misses and Malik hitting the Defender for 10. I attacked Malik with Q'Anilia and the Togruta Seer, but wasn't able to finish him off and time was up. Gambit to both. 111-94
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 6:52:44 PM

Spryguy defeats Kiki 240-53 on Anchorhead

I brought in R7, 2 Ugs, 2 Brutes with Lobot

Round 1 was positioning for gambit. I used Knight Speed to put Luke there. 10-10

Round 2 I won init and Luke Ambush + Bravado Han to take him out, He took shots at Luke getting 50 through. Jaina and Anakin killed Jacen. 114-20

Round 3 Octa kills L3, Jaina kills an Uggie, Lando kills Luke, 147-53

ROund 4 Anakin unleashes kills Jag severely damages Lando, Jaina finishes Lando and Wedge off. 240-53
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 8:42:44 PM

FlyingArrow over urbanjedi, 3-0

My reinforcements: Rodian Assassin + Nautolan Soldier (yes, really)

urbanjedi wins map, but we have the same map (Spynet). I choose right side.

Kajidii drops Evazan for Chiss Captain.
Kajidii gives Hostage Shield CE to Rakghoul.
Jabba sets up in gambit.

Round 1: Rancor runs a long way to base Jabba. Then he is dominated to kill Jabba in 2 attacks. Mira shoots at the skiff. Rodian with Accurate puts some damage on Mira (down to 30hp). Hutt Cartel positions to get the Talz Pirate up to take the Rancor down to 20hp. Then the Rakghoul Warrior finishes off the Rancor, creating a Rakghoul. The new Rakghoul rushes off savagely to base Mira, Malakili, and Pollard.

Round 2: Rakghoul tries to kill Mira but only gets her down to 20hp. Nyax kills the Rak, then Malakili heals Mira. Skiff bases Mira to grant Death Strike so that the Rakghoul Warrior can kill Mira. (Needs the Rodian Assassin to combine fire on the kill shot.) Celeste joins the fight. The Talz takes her down. Sith fodder moves in and Hutt Cartel fodder shoots it (after a lot of misses).

Round 3: Hutt Cartel wins init and the skiff blocks the lane. Nyax takes it down to 20hp. Kajidii moves Traps in on Nyax, and then the Hutt Cartel squad lights him up (cover from the skiff but Traps balancing it out).

Round 4: I'm not sure exactly which pieces survived to this round, but it was more of the same until the skirmish was over.

That's the basic gist of the skirmish but I feel like I left something out... I may have missed a round of positioning in there. In the end, only Jabba was killed on the Hutt Cartel side.
kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 2:22:03 AM

thekezzamachine's Boba/Mira/Jarael/Talon beats Mando's CovenantOR 2-0 (140-37) on Anchorhead

I win map roll and choose the Anchorhead, Mando chooses the left and we set up.

Round 1: We both approach the centre room, Mando doing it easy with his Speed 8. My activation advantage and a coupl'a overrides gives me plenty of shots in the room once he's all out. Everything is either a miss or its defended! Dang that Defender! Gambit to Mando.

Round 2: He hides his R7 well and makes a dash around the south end to Force Push a Reinforced Rodian, trying to clear out my southern guard. I lock him in the middle room (his R7 went early) and when he's out again, I open the door and fire a bunch of cheeky shots at his Executor who, after the Force Push, is away from the Defender. He wins Gambit - 20-19 to Mando.

Round 3: Mando makes his move. He sees my numerical advantage and decides to blast it, faux-intuitioning and running with Lucien around to attack Evazan (my Reinforcement). He manages to roll a 1 and Evazan lives long enough to Surgery Lucien before he gets finished off by the rest of my dudes (including a double-grenade by Mira). He runs his Defender in to try help, but I start making hits with my Rodians and Jarael comes in to block off the Defender's escape. He commits it all and I end the round by killing his R7 and moving Lobot into Gambit. He killed another Rodian so I thinks its now 100-something to 23.

Round 4: Time goes before the end of the round so this turns out to be the final one. He runs in Q'anilla, rolls terrible, and Boba finishes her off. In the end I lose two more Rodians and an R7, while Mando only has a nearly finished Raana Tey, the Protector, and the Consular left. 140 plays 37 to me.

Second game for me, second run against OR Jedi, second game on Anchorhead. The last game I played this squad against before this tourney was OR Jedi courtesy of Gandalf last year... Nuts!

Oh - it was my birthday on Tuesday and I'm releasing a fantasy novel if anyone is interested in supporting me! https://www.pledgeme.co.nz/projects/6498-dark-princess-the-second-novel

Mauri ora, mauri mate!
FWrightCoyle
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2020 9:28:39 AM

BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2020 7:21:38 PM

Played this game a few nights ago, but have only just got time to sit down and write this out

Dr Daman defeats DarkDracul 205-20 on Rebel Fortress

I won map roll and decided to take my map, bringing in a Bothan Saboteur and Princess Kneesaa with Disra. DarkDracul set up on the left side with all his main troops in the centre room (Hanger), stuck his Porg in the upper Guard Post room and Droopy in gambit in the Command Centre. I set up my commanders in the War Room (such an apt place for them) on the right and spread the rest of my troops out evenly on either side of them.

Round 1: I start by spinning the commanders in the back while DarkDracul moves most of his forces towards the Command Centre gambit room. Two more Porgs are made and I end the round moving my speeders into the two rooms either side of the main corridor (Barracks and Control Room) that leads to the Command Centre and moving Disra into the bottom room. Droopy gets gambit. Dr Daman 0-10 DarkDracul

Round 2: Same start to the round as the previous as I spin commanders and DarkDracul packs everyone into the Command Centre ready to strike next round.as the last of his troops are activated, I make my game deciding move. I open the south door of the Command Centre with the Saboteur and then move Disra to the west door of the Barracks. This gives him LoS to most of DarkDraculs squad and activates his CE. I move some Mouse Droids up to the corridor doors of Barracks and Control Room to open them and allow the speeders out. Weir opens the Command Centre door and the speeders move in. The first speeder through either takes out or weakens most of DarkDraculs squad. His Kneesaa and Droopy drop first, then Han falls straight after (used a Needa re-roll to get him) and a crit on Dash helps to take him out on the first strafe. Bossk takes one hit to drop him to 80 and Mira drops to 10 and the speeder ends its move outside the west door of the Command Centre. The second speeder comes through and hits Qi'ra and Talon (which I realise I should've done with the first one as well) dropping Qi'ra to 40 and Talon to 20. It then moves on to finish off Mira and put some more damage on Bossk (another lucky crit helped here). The speeder ends its move adjacent to Bossk and Flim cannons it to finish him off. Dr Daman 151-20 DarkDracul

Round 3: I win initiative and one of the speeders finishes off Talon and drops Qi'ra to 10. Qi'ra puts 20 on the speeder and then Weir finishes her off. the Porgs spin and the speeders wait in gambit to get the win. Dr Daman 205-20 DarkDracul

A tough match for DarkDracul as he didn't notice Disra making his way around to cancel out his disruptive. I think if it'd gone one more round before the first strafe, it would've been an uphill battle for me as his Porgs would keep multiplying to give him act parity and give him the chance to snipe Disra with Han.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 11:55:34 AM

Weren't we supposed to get new pairings today?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 2:37:57 PM

Yep.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:39:30 PM

I'm behind. Essentially been trying to work through stuff. I'll have them out shortly.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 3:46:30 PM

Round 3 Pairing
Spryguy1981 vs FlyingArrow
Gandalfthegreatestwizard vs Kezzamachine
Caedus vs Mando
Kiki vs thereisnotry
UrbanJedi vs AceAce
General Grievous vs Dr Daman
Randy vs Darth O
Timmer vs UrbanShmi
Bye DarkDracul

You have until Tuesday March 31st at 9pm to finish this round. Pairings will go out April 1 as close to 9am as I can get them.
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:23:54 PM

Bahahahahahaha! 3rd game... 3rd Covenant OR opponent!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2020 8:32:14 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
Bahahahahahaha! 3rd game... 3rd Covenant OR opponent!

Only 2nd Covenant, 3rd OR.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 2:19:42 PM

UrbanShmi over TimmerB123, 250-112 on Rhen Var.

I won map, Tim deferred set up. I set up on the left with Luke just inside the center room. First round was everyone advancing, at the end of the round Tim was able to swap Savage up and run adjacent to Luke. Savage hit both attacks, but Luke defensed the second one, then turned around and put 90 on Savage with Bravado (Savage failed his defense). Moved Jaina up with Taco's CE. End of round 1, 10-10. I knew I was in big trouble if I couldn't go first the next round, so I opted to use Foresee the Future, even though the odds of it paying off against Master Tactician were vanishingly small. Tim rolled his two init rolls--a 1 and a 13! i chose to go first and attacked Savage with Luke, killing him on the first swing (another missed defense) and moving eight into the middle of the room. I moved Lor San Tekka up 12 into the room, then moved Jaina eight toward Luke with his CE. Tim moved Mother Talzin, Vongerella, and his Sith Witch up, doling out some lightning damage and killing Luke. The Klat Captain tried to be heroic and take out the Sith Witch, but missed with his blast cannon, putting 10 damage on Octa, but failing to damage any of Tim's pieces. At the end of the round, I moved Jaina next to Vongerella and critted on her which, with the second attack also hitting, finished her off. 88-43. Revan moved into the room and tried to put some hurt on Jaina, but only one got through. Then he swapped out. Tim thought he had Jaina blocked in, but didn't reckon with Leap. Jaina leapt over the Sith Witch and landed next to an unactivated Mother Talzin, putting 60 on her. Tim let out his lightning again, killing Jaina. 88-75. The Klat Captain moved into the room and took a pot shot, but missed, and Tim made his Splash saves again. Kyp and Jag moved into the room. 98-75. Revan moved away, taking and AOO that missed. I killed the Sith Witch and continued moving my pieces into the room above the center. 124-75. Revan killed Jag, then moved away. 124-85. The Klat Captain finally had his moment of glory, killing Mother Talzin with his Blast Cannon. The Splash also killed a mouse droid. 158-91. Darth Wyrrlok moved up and attacked the Klat, but rolled a 1. Kyp moved across from the stairs, where Revan was waiting. Next round, the Klat killed Wyrrlok, then Kyp ran adjacent to Revan and used Lightsaber Throw 2 (effectively a double twin), putting 120 damage on him. I ran Octs Ramis in and rolled another crit (which I didn't need), finishing Revan off. 250-112.

This was a pretty tight, fun game, and if the dice had just gone Tim's way at a couple of critical junctures, the outcome could have ben very different. Thanks for the game, Tim, and good luck the rest of the tourney!
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 2:51:03 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
UrbanShmi over TimmerB123, 250-112 on Rhen Var. Report to follow.

Spoiler:

I just calculated the odds of a specific succession of 5 important rolls between us at the end of the first round and the beginning of the second round. What happened had a .003125% chance of happening. Lol

https://youtu.be/gRvu0yHoHy8?t=62
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 7:04:10 PM

I am stunned looking at the results so far. Only 3 players have gotten a 3pt or 1pt in both of their first two games. (And 2 are undefeated!)

The other 14 players have lost out on a point in either a win or a loss in one or more games (out of only 2 so far).

This means either lopsided matches, or games go to time. It looks like there’s been a healthy amount of both.

Are we regressing as a game?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2020 8:04:41 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I am stunned looking at the results so far. Only 3 players have gotten a 3pt or 1pt in both of their first two games. (And 2 are undefeated!)

The other 14 players have lost out on a point in either a win or a loss in one or more games (out of only 2 so far).

This means either lopsided matches, or games go to time. It looks like there’s been a healthy amount of both.

Are we regressing as a game?

A bunch of the squads being played are fairly casual and therefore a bit sub-optimal. They have low damage output or a lack of movement breakers which to some extent causes the 2pt wins and 0pt losses. Vassal also slows games down even with a 70 minute time limit. The 3-0 wins seem to have been in large part down to luck as well as good/bad matchup.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 12:05:42 PM

All fair points
Mando
Posted: Thursday, March 26, 2020 7:33:34 AM

Mando won vs Caedus 220-72. 3pt win for Mando. Game ended in 50 minutes.

Map roll was won by Caedus so he went with his map, Rebel Fortress.

I set up on the right side.

Round 1: I ran my Executor up into gambit. 8 speed really helps you move around the board fast! end of round, i get gambit points and Caedus gets no gambit.

Round 2:Caedus uses his Shedao Shai and Malik Carr destroys my Consular Defender and my Covenant Protector after i use my Defender and protector to take out Quorreal. I end up killing Malik with Force leaping GMA Q'Anilia. hedao Shai is full hp. I use my Executor to attack and land a really lucky crit! it does 40 dmg after the VCA save. Lucien does a GMA with Dispassionate Killer and destroys Sheado Shai with one hit from his tripple attack and then hits Tsvong Lah with the other 2 attacks, getting Tsvong Lah to 20hp after the CE from Lucien causes the Exectuor to attack Lah for another 20 dmg after the VCA save. Lucien takes 30 dmg from retailaitory attack from Lah and succesfully makes the save to avoid defeat from Dispassionate killer. Round ends, both get gambit.

Round 3: I win init and I activate Lucien to finish of Lah and the Dovin Basal keeper. Caedus concedes the game as he has no one left to deal enough damage to win against my team. I get the full win (3pts) and Final score is 220-72.

I had to play very smart against Caedus's squad. Those Vong hit really hard! i used my Bravado to help score important damage and i had good rolls to help me hit the attacks also. Caedus didn't roll his VCA saves as well as usual so that contributed to my guys getting enough damage through. Good game! Caedus has a tough squad and I thought i had very little chance of getting a win off, but Lucien is a beast and that CE is really nice! Bravado + GMA + Force Leap being given out is really helpful. I used Knight Speed a couple of times also to help get more movement with the GMA, which is also very nice.