RegisterDonateLogin

What if I told you that Bloo Milk was now under the control of a dark lord of the Sith?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Snowy Regional--January 17th SQUADS, RESULTS, and PAIRINGS Options
Caedus
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 2:21:56 PM
Groups: Member

TheHutts wrote:
No one’s really played Mitt Thrawn this past year but I’m assuming that he’d still dominate. Nothing that’s been played really outactivates him and there haven’t been many scissor squads around.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind to see one played since the new ruling on act control and see how well it does. A few people tried Blast Bugs since their nerfs and you really don't see them anymore because they aren't anywhere near their previous status.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 4:17:45 PM

Thrawn took a hit for sure, but I still think he's up there. But he certainly can be beat.

Daala on the other hand is simply unbeatable when played well. Honestly - what beats Etienne's squad? I don't even think there is reliable pure hate.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 6:13:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sounds like further modification of daala is needed, at the least. We would be "developing in production", trying to continue to fix her without play testing the change, and hoping the change is sufficient
The end product already looks nothing like the actual card. I'm inclined to agree it's time to retire her.

The counter argument is that we continue to punish high act trooper squads after making them competitively viable. I think we're should focus on making those squads competitive without making them npe, or requiring hate builds to counter
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, January 18, 2021 9:23:22 PM

We've sprinkled counters all over the place and they haven't come to fruition. What makes her great is the ability to out activate then smash. Same as Durge, Thrawn, Grevious, Etc. Etc. Etc.

Do we do the same thing we have always done and ban/errata one piece and pretend to be surprised when another out act squad takes it's place?

Armada and Legion had the same issues we are having. What did they do? They put pass mechanics in there game and banned or limited the characters that increased activations. Effectively ending the out activate arms race. Time we take a page out of their books. Imo
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, January 19, 2021 5:58:37 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Can you go into further detail on the mechanic and how it would be implemented into swm rules? How does it prevent people from stalling out?