RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Five standing by.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Oh, Bless Yer Heart! Options
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:22:25 AM
Groups: Member

I doubted Boba Fett Bounty Hunter (and set up my pieces wrong) and he got the Big D on my IG-88 Bounty Hunter on the first shot of the game.
However, that same Boba Fett managed to get about 8 Big Ds throughout the tournament.
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:12:54 AM

ouch!Cursing karkin' Fett that sithspit son of a jawa!
trick624
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:14:05 AM

DarthJak wrote:
ouch!Cursing karkin' Fett that sithspit son of a jawa!

ha ha LOL
Roland Alistair
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 4:23:55 AM

I have a twin brother and we play practically every day, so I have made MANY mistakes. However, the biggest mistake so far was when he was using his imperials and I was using Old Republic. In the first Round I had overided his emporer roan fel and Vader unleashed into a room with Maris Brood and Felucian on Rancor, with Weequay Leader. But as the game progressed I was too prideful and only used Brood and Rancor to fight his heavier imp heros. After he had Roan Fel escape to later be healed-at the cost of Brood being killed his vader engaged my felucian on Rancor. But every initiative he one and activated Vader, doing 20 damage and getting out of range for triple attack. Even though I had AoO his dark armor reduced it to 10. Sigh... Eventually he just forced crushed my Rancor... That was the first time I had got to use him too.Sad
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:10:10 AM

Roland Alistair wrote:
I have a twin brother and we play practically every day

Anybody else envious?Crying
I wish I had a twin, or a cloneScared
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 8:24:59 AM

Maybe his twin *is* a clone, his parents just didn't tell him since his clone brother has the Order 66 command and he doesn't.

...Sorry, I just totally dorked that up. XD
creme_brule
Posted: Sunday, January 24, 2010 1:40:56 PM

Demosthenes wrote:
Maybe his twin *is* a clone, his parents just didn't tell him since his clone brother has the Order 66 command and he doesn't.

...Sorry, I just totally dorked that up. XD

...uh....:P
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 1:00:34 AM

I finally did it!Blushing Angry
We joke that my rolls are so bad it's like using a d6, well I was so flustered during a game, I made my 1st attack of a twin with a d6Unsure rolled a 4!
As I rerolled with a d20, I said if "I get lower than a 4 I'm keeping the 4!", I got a 7.
On the 2nd of the twin, I got a 4!Scared LOL Blink
SquelchDog
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 4:22:57 AM

DarthJak wrote:
Roland Alistair wrote:
I have a twin brother and we play practically every day

Anybody else envious?Crying
I wish I had a twin, or a cloneScared

Laugh That would be cool!

mumbles to self *What did I do with Ko Sai's comlink number?* Hmmmm...........
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, February 7, 2010 4:31:15 AM

So I'm 0-3 with the new Zuckuss in my squad. Gawd I suck, lol. First match was up against a K-3P0 swap squad, so sticking Luke LotLS didn't help me much. And in another match, I managed to keep GOWK stuck for a long time, but then my Dengar HK and Zuckuss got mauled in consecutive rounds. Needless to say, I didn't last long after that. Sad
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2010 3:48:39 AM

blessy, blessy, my tactics are messy!

playing tile wars and I move my Gen. Windu from where I could have gotten lightningedThumpUp

I moved him into clear sight of Durge's 3x twinThumbDown

sometimes I regret that lobotomyUnsure
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2010 5:03:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarthJak wrote:
blessy, blessy, my tactics are messy!

playing tile wars and I move my Gen. Windu from where I could have gotten lightningedThumpUp

I moved him into clear sight of Durge's 3x twinThumbDown

sometimes I regret that lobotomyUnsure

bless yer Heart
guess lightning doesn't seem so scary now does it? LOL
Roland Alistair
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 8:21:18 AM

Okay, so my twin and I were playing a game with some new peices we just got online and I was SO excited. Unfortunatly that did not win me the battle. First, after countless shots from my clone troopers I criticaled his AT-ST, YAY! However, on the other side of the pit he swapped antares draco with Roan Fel within 6 of Tarkin so got 4 attacks against my GOWK. Unfortunatly, I FAILED EVERY SINGLE SAVE. I failed all SIX including the ones with mettle and he still hit with TWO force alters from Chancelor Palpatine. Needless to say, a few rounds later I gave up. Sneaky
Weeks
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:05:58 PM

Roland Alistair wrote:
Okay, so my twin and I were playing a game with some new peices we just got online and I was SO excited. Unfortunatly that did not win me the battle. First, after countless shots from my clone troopers I criticaled his AT-ST, YAY! However, on the other side of the pit he swapped antares draco with Roan Fel within 6 of Tarkin so got 4 attacks against my GOWK. Unfortunatly, I FAILED EVERY SINGLE SAVE. I failed all SIX including the ones with mettle and he still hit with TWO force alters from Chancelor Palpatine. Needless to say, a few rounds later I gave up. Sneaky

Just an FYI GOWK's SSM is for non-melee only now so it didnt matter that you failed the saves GOWK was dead anyway to Fel's Attacks.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:07:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Weeks wrote:
Roland Alistair wrote:

Just an FYI GOWK's SSM is for non-melee only now so it didnt matter that you failed the saves GOWK was dead anyway to Fel's Attacks.

It is actually only for DCI games, but most people will play that way.
Roland Alistair
Posted: Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:58:33 PM

Yes, i'm aware that GOWK's Soresu Style Mastery is only for non-adjacent characters for competitive play. However, since my friends and twin are only playing for fun we still use it as what is stated in on the card. Which, on possibly an unrelated note-I don't see why Soresu Style Mastery was changed for competitive play seeing as I still get beat a lot when I use him. True, he has a better chance of surviving longer, but wear down his force points, use Makashi Style Mastery, or use non-attack roll abilities to do uncontested damage. A couple force lightning's or force pushes would work. Or better yet-have a couple kel dor bounty hunters to tack down his hit points. All in all, I don't see why he was banned and then reinstated with Soresu Style Mastery being changed. If it is about his ability being "unfair" then what about all the other different characters with equally "unfair" abilities? Roan Fel can stick an adjacent character with his own damage and that is automatic! No chance of a save. The combination I want to use of Darth Sidious Hologram and Darth Sion could lead to unrelentless destruction from a character that has a 75% chance of NEVER dying. I just don't see why a very defensive fighting style should be condemned for being very defensive. In truth, I wish that there were MORE miniatures with Soresu Style Mastery or Makashi Style Mastery. That way it might even out. But as it is, I don't see what the fuss is about.Sleep But I don't mean to be abrasive or rude, and since I haven't ever been to a DCI event then maybe I don't see the whole picture... I just don't understand.Huh
Lobotnik
Posted: Monday, April 12, 2010 7:57:07 AM

The number of times I have not quite been able to kill a beat then remembered my guy had force precision is just embarassing.

Trying to take on my brother's Captain Rex and Quad Clones with an Exile Rakghoul squad on Korriban was also pretty disastrous. Only DCI legal maps now if we role for maps!

However, my possible worst decision was when I forgot to move Luke's Snowspeeder out of range from Vader's Apprentice Unleashed. He can move so far and I just let him get lightninged. It was not pretty.

In fact, I have one of those "I've just thrown the whole match with one move" kinda moments basically everytime I play. But I'll get there some day lol :)
RannKonnar
Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2010 4:50:35 AM

I moved GMLS in a room with DV, Jedi Hunter, to win the game, and I lost init he made his attacks all crits so, you know it was the end when I falied my first Djem So with 40 HP left.
:(
jlbm347
Posted: Friday, October 29, 2010 5:07:59 AM

One of my least favorite moments ever playing was overriding my door open, after he had closed it, just so that my friend could kill three of my characters from across the map. What stung the most about that was I was forced to retreat.

Another one I am upset about is the first game I used Antares Draco I rolled a one against Palpatine, BETRAYEL!!!!!!, what sucked was that my twin and I were not sure on the rules concerning that and we agreed I couldn't use a force point to reroll it. *palmface* Whatever, he was just used to destroy me Crying

I do have fond memories of killing my twin's General Obi-Wan Kenobi with Roan-Fel (I LOVE Imperial Knights) in one turn with a quad oppertunist. He made a comment earlier in this thread.
Xeonaught
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:14:53 PM

playing a big game with my BOY and he runs up Anakin splodey boy and trys to unleash force to kill pretty much everyone, his Ani is over 12 away from any reinfocements thanks to him being up at the front and running 6 and he thinks hes one and i just go, "you cant do it" and hes like "what" and i was like "i havnt killed anyone who has a force rating so anakin cant do it yet" total rookiee mistake, i let him take it back though. but on a diff game he pulled off the big ba boom and i totally forgot about grand master yoda's force defence, i probly would have won the game