RegisterDonateLogin

Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Who are you? Options
ChuckaFett
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 12:50:03 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

This was done a while back on the WOTC site and I found it pretty interesting, so I thought I'd give it a go here. Copy and answer the questions below if you'd like. Just an effort to try and get to know everyone a little more.... if you can think of anything else just add it to the list.

First Name:
Where you live:
Family:
Education:
Do you play SWM or collect?:
What else do you do for fun?:

First Name: Chuck
Where you live: Lynden, WA USA. A small town 100 miles North of Seattle and about 5 miles from the Canadian border. I live about a mile and a half from where I grew up.
Family: Married for 11 years to the girl I dated in high school. We have 4 kids, 13, 5, 5, and 3. Two girls and two boys.
Occupation: I'm an Operator at an oil refinery. I've been there for 7 years, before that I spent 8 years in the grocery business.
Education: I've an Associates Degree from the local community college.
Do you play SWM or collect?: I play, but really I mostly collect now, more due to distance from anyone who plays regularly than anything else.
What else do you do for fun?: I play and coach soccer, been playing since I was 5. I'm the judicial chairperson for the local adult soccer association. I also hunt and fish, I really enjoy the peace and quiet of getting away from people!

Anyway, hope you'll consider adding your information. Thanks!

Dr. Destructo
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:42:26 PM
Groups: Member

Neat idea Chuck.

First Name: Dan
Where you live: Northville, MI. Not a big town, but surrounded by big cities if that makes sense. It's about 40min west of Detroit.
Family: Single, but I have an older sister(age 26) and a younger brother(age 21). Neither of which are half the dork I am.
Occupation: I work at the University of Michigan(Dearborn) as an Anthropology TA. Basically, I help teach the 101 course, grade papers etc.
Education: I'm 10 credits away from getting my BA in Anthropology, History, and Art History from UMD.
Do play SWM or collect?: Mostly collect for the rpg, but I play every so often too.
What else do you do for fun?: Big fan of the NBA and MLB. I also play plenty of video games. I draw or write occasionally, but generally just enjoy hanging out my friends.
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:06:30 PM

First Name:
Michael but everyone calls me Mickey or in my family I grew up as "little" Mickey because I'm a Jr. My grandma still calls me this LOL

Where you live:
Du Quoin, Illinois

Family:
I have 2 younger sisters. I'm married and have a son (Mike) who is 14 right now.

Work at Southern Illinois University in building maintenance.

Education:
BS from SIU in Electrical Engineering although I can't say I put it to good use.

Started collecting with the RoTS box set. My boy didn't quite grasp the game so we didn't play very much. I collected a few pieces. For a year or so my friends and I played casually pretty much every week. Then last year at Kathy's charity event they held a Star Wars convention and the game was being demo'd by Carl. My boy and his friend showed alot of interest and from then on we collected hard and started playing DCI events.

Before being married I was an avid online gamer. I have actually been running with a group of friends for over 10 years now and we are located at www.GreatLakesAlliance.com We held a meet-and-greet once a year for about 6-7 years. Those were fun times. I was always a gamer during high school and college. We played almost every rpg and board game we could find. I went into gaming when I realized my childhood dreams of becoming a professional baseball player were not going to come true LOL
swsf17
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:08:58 PM

Why not

First Name:Jordan
Where you live:Murphysboro,Il
Family:Live with my mom and dad and my three siblings. and i'm the only person that plays SWM
Education:going to a private school
Do you play SWM or collect?:a little bit of both
What else do you do for fun?:play video games and harass my brother and his fiance'.LOL

slvader77
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:27:56 PM

name Brody
gender male
age 32
I live in Janesville WI.
family I am married just sept.12th have three kids 5, 3, and 1
occupation I am a general manager at a kfc 10 years now (whoopie)
education just high school
I play minis casually once a week
other things I do for fun: I collect sw action figs (over 600 in package)
collect transformers in and out of package
I am an avid fan of the Milwaukee Brewers and Packers
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 11:02:33 PM

Chuck....I love this stuff.....Makes it a little more personal.

First Name: Tom

Where you live: Abingdon, Maryland

Family: Yes....wife, daughter-16, 17 next month....God help me shes driving!!!, Son-13, part time Star Wars player

Education: Did four years of a five year degree in Wildlife management...Chemistry just did me in and Dad stopped funding me...LOL.....AA in computer programming. And now I am not using either!!!

Do you play SWM or collect?: Both. I started in Revenge of the sith, but I have built my collection up and now own all the minis. I am so glad they went to 40 piece sets because it makes it easier to collect.
DarthJak
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:08:06 AM

JakCool
MConfused
46Scared
I live in Stow Ohio; N of Akron, E of Cuyahoga Falls, and W of Kent
Wife Annette, been together since High School, and will have our 25th anniversary is in May, Son Ian, 20, University of Akron student
Daughter Kaitlin, 18, University of Akron student.
I'm Self Employed/ Retired
Went to school at Kent State and Akron University.
I play, I just collect the pieces to play.
I play lots of other games for fun.I also enjoy reading,and spending time with my family.

RannKonnar
Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:26:21 AM

First Name:Garrett
Where you live:Nice try stalkers!
Family:Ummm Mom Dad Bro Sis
Education:6th Grade Homeschooled
Do you play SWM or collect?:I play, but I like the sculpts too.
What else do you do for fun?: Video Games, Computers, TV, Dawn Patrol, Star Wars RPG.

swinefeld
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 5:32:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

OK, I guess I'll chime in...

First Name: Dave

Where you live:

On the outskirts of Makanda, a (very) small town near Carbondale (SIUC) in Southern Illinois.

Family: 12 year old son and his momma Wub

2 jobs. I teach guitar (primarily to kids, classical - Suzuki method) and perform. The 2nd job is doing bookkeeping, computer tech and various other mundane things for a local property management firm. Between the two it pays the bills...

Education:

Bachelor's degree in Music Performance, and the majority of the way to a Masters degree, but almost doesn't really count Wink

Both. My son (in conspiracy with Moses) coaxed me into playing the game about when Legacy was coming out. I started buying my own minis, then my son and I decided to combine our stuff (he had a lot) together and trade off the duplicates, which resulted in my coming to Bloomilk and beginning to trade. At that point we began collecting in earnest.

Music is my main "passion" - playing, recording and listening. I like all styles of music (possible exception would be "new" country). I've been playing guitar for 32 years, so at this point I have a pretty good handle on it.

I like cooking, especially BBQ (and I mean the real thing, not grilling burgers and brats, tasty as they are ;) I am on a competitive BBQ team (Kansas City style), but we are in it for the fun more than anything, and usually win in that category!

My whole family trains in Tae Kwon Do (all 3 of us are black belts, and our son is the highest rank Laugh ). It's great exercise and great self-discipline (makes up a bit for the minis habit and lack of self-discipline there Tongue )

Otherwise, video games, computers, fixing stuff (not plumbing, that isn't fun). Oh, and hanging around the SWM boards of course BlooMilk
Darth O
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 4:27:21 PM

My turn...

First Name: Oliver. Usually called Oli
Age: 14 years, 5 months, and 23 days. ( darn, forgot about leap years...)
Location: A small country by Australia called New Zealand in a mid-sized town in Hawke's Bay called Napier. My address is 29 Ad... wait that's too much info! LOL
Family: Mum, Dad, 2 sisters, 2 rabbits, 7 quails, a cat, and a finch.
Occupation: Children's Ministry Leader ( I'm a youth leader at our local children's church)
Education: Homeschooled
Play/Collect: I play every couple of weeks with my friend, but I also like to scavenge whatever I can off Trademe ( like ebay, just smaller), boosters, and trading with my mates.
Other fun: Computer, Youth Group, softball and badminton
maverick
Posted: Monday, November 23, 2009 4:37:23 PM

what the heck...
First Name: Eric
Where you live: Minnesota
Family: Parents, siblings, the usual
Occupation: Asisstant Manager at a Movie Theatre(yes I get to watch free movies)
Education: High School and some College
Do you play SWM or collect?: I play, usually couple games a week.
What else do you do for fun?: make squads, play video games, work(im a workaholic), watch TV sometimes.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:37:37 AM

First Name: Matt
Where you live: Mooresville, NC
Family: Mom, Dad, Sister, Bro-In-Law
Occupation: Ministry (Assisting Youth Ministry) Looking for full-time employment
Education: B.S. Christian Ministry from St. Louis Christian College (I was Valedictorian)
Do you play SWM or collect?: Both, Started playing in January, collecting shortly thereafter. Been doing DCI gaming since about July 2008.
What else do you do for fun?: Final Fantasy XI is my other passion in life, been playing it for nearly 5 years. I read a lot, and youth are my passion. I feel called to help Youth both troubled and well-adjusted find Christ and set them up for success in the real world.

juice man
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 1:27:39 PM

Joe
Male
Akron, Ohio
Wife, Beth. 10 siblings.( Don't look at me - I'm the youngest) Lots of nieces + nephews
Work at a beverage company. Make juice, fill juice, ship juice out, fix juice dispensers and, I'm the emergency backup reserve secretary.
Four years at The University of Akron. (It was the five year program)
I play SWM.....must.... get... more.... plastic... crack.
Like playing cards and just about any game.

curler88j
Posted: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 4:16:19 PM

First Name: Justin
Where you live:Racine, Wi
Family: mom and dad, older sister, younger brother
Education:junior
Do you play SWM or collect?:i started as a collector but now play almost every week
What else do you do for fun?play curling 3 days a week, video games, hang out with friends and family

JFisto
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:04:24 AM

First Name:Josh
Live: orlando,FL
Family:mom, dad, sister(uggh), 2 small dogs
Education: 50% through 6th grade
Collect or play: Play
Other hobbies: friends, basketball, football, video games (espicially CoD)
The Madman
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:56:17 AM

First Name: Bryan
Where you live: Cincinnati, OH (Kennedy Heights)

Family: married, 2 year old daughter

Occupation: Community Center Director; Program community and After School Day care activities

Education: High school, some college

Do you play SWM or collect?: Play; Collect by defaultRazz

What else do you do for fun?: Family, Halo and HERO CLIX, RPG, Writing & Learning to play MtG
Volvagia14
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 3:16:15 AM

First Name: Wayne

Where you live: Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.

Family: Mom, Dad, Bro and Sis

Education: Home Schooled

Do you play SWM or collect?: Kinda both, I play, but also collect for RPG

What else do you do for fun?: Video Gaming, other board games, Skateboarding(not that good though ;) and just hanging with friends
Uggie Demo
Posted: Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:41:50 AM

Fo shizzle

First Name: Wes
Where you live: Indiana
Family: Mom, Dad, 3 Bro, 2 Sis
Education:Home Schooled
Do you play SWM or collect?: Player
What else do you do for fun?: Dawn Partol, Video Games, Watch Movies, playing at the park, and hanging out with my friends.
ChuckaFett
Posted: Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:23:28 AM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Hey thanks for the replies! Pretty cool stuff so far! I updated mine with a picture of myself (I'm the one on the left BigGrin ).
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:38:15 PM

I Guess Ill give it a Go!

Name : Sean
Location: Born and raised in New York, my wife dragged me down to Nashville 4 years ago.
Married : Yup, 4 years
Education: Ralph McKee Tech, drop out (had to take care of myself at an early age, later recieved my G.E.D)
Playing Star wars Minis for the last 3 years (keeps me out of trouble).
Hobbies are reading star wars novels, playing gears of war 2 (Owning in it i mean).