RegisterDonateLogin

Will find you, crush you, grind you into little pieces, then blast you into oblivion!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

How Can the Mods regain their respect? Options
jew3
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:31:31 PM
Groups: Member

imyurhukaberry wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
So it appears that the mod action, is that if its not in the very weak CoC, the response is nothing will happen to the poster, and then it's added to the CoC. Is that the correct assumption?

Then I have some serious suggestions to make for the CoC. Harassment, and false accusations, character attacks, telling lies, need to all be covered ASAP.

This is not what has happened and it is not in good practice posting incorrect information. When we ask you for patience, then please give it. Do not assume everything happens instantaneously.

I think the key phrase in Bill's post was "appears". Whether it is true or not that nothing has happened, it appears that nothing has happened. Bill is just pointing out that this what causes the lack of respect for the mods.
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:31:50 PM

saeseetiin wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Back on topic, is the rule then going to be that all past behaviors are going to be forgiven because bloomilk didn't have a proper CoC? That seems to be what I am hearing here, and if so, I find that a very poor mod response.

The appropriate action has been taken. If anything further happens, please contact a mod and it will be taken care of.

Which was nothing. So is that my answer?

I dont beleave that your still going on about this The mods did what they tought was the right thing to do it should be left at that whatever they decided. I mean what really is it that you would like them to do? and why is it so important to you? Just last week you said you were not even coming on this site at all anymore so why would you care what goes on here.

Well he did leave it alone!! For quite a while and then guys just started accusing us of lies. I thought you remembered that??? I mean you just sent me a pm asking me stop???? You dont really remember??? You dragged us back into this by telling lies on us
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:31:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

billiv15 wrote:
Ok, that's what I was told a couple of days ago. Can we ask how long until we can expect to see any resolution? If something is happening, I find it disturbing that people are being allowed to post in the mean time.

Understood, but we have been trying to keep up with everything that has been going on. Given that this is Christmas time, and that I was not even expecting to be online tonight, things have been a little hairy.
Team Revan
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:33:34 PM

I've just showed up here in the last little while (long time member, new time poster) and from what I've seen, the forums overall seem to be out of control. I agree that the mods will only be able to regain respect here once they've regained control. I hope the Mods can see this, and drop the hammer.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:33:39 PM

saeseetiin wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Back on topic, is the rule then going to be that all past behaviors are going to be forgiven because bloomilk didn't have a proper CoC? That seems to be what I am hearing here, and if so, I find that a very poor mod response.

The appropriate action has been taken. If anything further happens, please contact a mod and it will be taken care of.

Which was nothing. So is that my answer?

I dont beleave that your still going on about this The mods did what they tought was the right thing to do it should be left at that whatever they decided. I mean what really is it that you would like them to do? and why is it so important to you? Just last week you said you were not even coming on this site at all anymore so why would you care what goes on here.

Since you decided to accuse me of giving you 1s as well without provocation and after all the help I've given you. This, together with Mando and Sith taking it to gamers, talking to all kinds of people (including you) in secret, and telling lies to a bunch of people (who of course told me and showed me what was being said), made it clear that me leaving the forums a month ago, not a week ago btw, was not going to end it.

So I tired of my reputation being soiled, so I came back to deal with it first hand. I tried removing myself from the equation, and that didn't work. So I am using a new tactic. You can thank yourself for that.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:35:39 PM

jew3 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
So it appears that the mod action, is that if its not in the very weak CoC, the response is nothing will happen to the poster, and then it's added to the CoC. Is that the correct assumption?

Then I have some serious suggestions to make for the CoC. Harassment, and false accusations, character attacks, telling lies, need to all be covered ASAP.

This is not what has happened and it is not in good practice posting incorrect information. When we ask you for patience, then please give it. Do not assume everything happens instantaneously.

I think the key phrase in Bill's post was "appears". Whether it is true or not that nothing has happened, it appears that nothing has happened. Bill is just pointing out that this what causes the lack of respect for the mods.

Are you suggesting that the mods must post all their decisions and actions? Somethings happen "behind the scenes" and are not made public for a reason.
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:36:58 PM

@Dean What lies have I told to anyone about you or anybody for that matter I just told you what I tought was going on I never said it was a fact and I never went to anyone else with it.
Ruhk
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:36:59 PM

I think sometimes what goes on 'behind the scenes' gets out into public view (one way or the other). And hearing what goes on then is sometimes quite concerning.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:37:26 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:

Are you suggesting that the mods must post all their decisions and actions? Somethings happen "behind the scenes" and are not made public for a reason.

Was this to me? Either way, of course not, I would never recommend such a tactic. However, there are certain things that should be posted. And in some cases, the offended member needs to be reassured. Doesn't have to be posted, could be done in PM.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:38:40 PM

billiv15 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

Was this to me? Either way, of course not, I would never recommend such a tactic. However, there are certain things that should be posted. And in some cases, the offended member needs to be reassured. Doesn't have to be posted, could be done in PM.

Sorry...no...to Jew3...i'll update. (the correct quote is in there...from what i see)
billiv15
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:39:39 PM

saeseetiin wrote:
@Dean What lies have I told to anyone about you or anybody for that matter I just told you what I tought was going on I never said it was a fact and I never went to anyone else with it.

Ok, sorry to do this, but here we go. Directly from your own fingers. (Edited for content by me).

Titled, "hey billstop giving me 1s"

"yo bill I aint involved in your little beef I wasnt in you fag meeting the other day so leave me the f*** out of it I can care less about you baby bulls**t I am sick of all the complaining on this site it is f***ing retarted"

jew3
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:40:12 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
jew3 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

No I am not saying that you should post it. But when Bill says it appears that nothing is being done and your answer is to say it is not good practice to post incorrect things we have a problems.

The appearance is that nothing is being done. To regain control all that is needed to be done is show us something is happening.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:40:21 PM

billiv15 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:

Agreed. And the affected member will be contacted when there is final resolution. Just need to get to that step.
Sith_Asassyn
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:40:39 PM

Why do the mods need to regain respect in the first place? Thats a rhetorical question by the way.. or in layman's terms for those of you who do not know the meaning of the word. A Question we already know the answer to. The mods never lost their respect, its members of the site who have lost respect for them, as well as other members of the site because their terrible uncompetitive squads were getting rated 1's. And rightfully so.. only 2-3 squads on the top squads list even belong there. just because a squad may be good at taking out players with little figures or no skill at a local level doesnt mean that the squads are tier 1. In reality if they sat down at a table at gen con most good players would laugh, maybe not out loud, but they would instantly realize that they just got their easiset win of the tournament.

Cause really that is how all of this drama got started. Because someone was mad that their squads were being taken down to the actual levels where they belonged. As such they decided to start a flame war because they were unhappy with how incompitent their squads actuallty were.

This whole thread is just an attempt to get another flame war started and this is a moot point in my eyes.
How is it that a moderator can bypass another moderators actions in the first place? Its because the mods are all at the same level other than the site owner. Really this is an internal issue, and really doesnt need discussed any further.

I have a simple resolution.. Silence and his poison and there will be no more problems.. him and his groupies have turned a peaceful community into a hateful community..

When i first started this game all of the players I met a Gen Con were nice people, noone had a bad word to say about another.. Ever since got mad that GOWK was banned and blamed dean and threatened to break his jaw. has threatened and flamed everyone associated with the him. Then all his little cronies hopped on and actually listened to his poison. Let me ask you this.. where would minis be without floor rules??? We wouldnt have DCI play, we would have terrible maps, maps that are too unbalanced to be fair, and an unkillable mini, that can absorb 800+ damage a round.. Ya thats would be such a diverse group of squads wouldnt it??

Ruhk
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:41:00 PM

Glad to hear some actions are being taken. We await the final result.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:44:31 PM

jew3 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
jew3 wrote:
imyurhukaberry wrote:
billiv15 wrote:

No I am not saying that you should post it. But when Bill says it appears that nothing is being done and your answer is to say it is not good practice to post incorrect things we have a problems.

The appearance is that nothing is being done. To regain control all that is needed to be done is show us something is happening.

I see. I can only hope that you, the members of this site, will eventually trust that the moderators are trying to do the best for the community and will make the right decisions to keep this site safe and clean. If not now, but in the future. (the near future I hope)
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:46:59 PM

billiv15 wrote:
saeseetiin wrote:

Ok, sorry to do this, but here we go. Directly from your own fingers. (Edited for content by me).

Question: was this brought to a moderator's attention?
billiv15
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:47:10 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
I see. I can only hope that you, the members of this site, will eventually trust that the moderators are trying to do the best for the community and will make the right decisions to keep this site safe and clean. If not now, but in the future. (the near future I hope)
I hope so. You will understand I remain skeptical :) But to be clear, there is no need to regain respect for the mods on here.
billiv15
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:47:42 PM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
saeseetiin wrote:

Question: was this brought to a moderator's attention?

Of course it was. The moment I got it. I had not been posting for a couple of weeks at the time, and had said nothing to the offensive party prior to this.
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, December 25, 2009 5:50:00 PM

@Bill Like I just said I never told anyone that you were doing anything I just sent you a Pm and it did seem like you were a likely suspect for the 1s considering the beef with you and MDB had and you seeing me defending him and all the indirect comments about the squads on the top five not being worthy. I never came to you for help I just asked you what you tought about a few squads here and there not so much help but more of a common courtsey like many other have done and I have done on this web site. So dont try and make it like Im some ungreatfull person who you helped and now turned on you because you and I both know thats not the case.