RegisterDonateLogin

There will be a substantial reward for the one who finds the Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Event Coverage :1/17/09 Bellevue, WA Options
MarkIV
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 7:00:03 PM
Groups: Member

It occurred to me that I hadn't written one of these in a long time. Since Nightwalker only seemed to like posting for the 2.5 tournaments he's won, I figured I'd do my own event coverage.

My Squad:
Cade Skywalker 61pts
Yoda on Kybuck 51pts
Captain Rex 33pts
Captain Panaka 23pts
R2-D2, Astromech Droid 9pts
Mas Amedda 8pts
Camaasi Noble 5pts
Gran Raider 4pts
Ugnaught Demolitionist x2 3pts(each)
Map: Rancor pit

This squad cheerfully stolen from Omnus(with minor tweaking). Thanks for letting me use your idea!

Round 1 on Rancor Pit
Opponent's Squad:
GGDAC
Darth Sid
IG Lancer
IG86 x2
fairly standard filler except for 2 rbd's

I started the tournament with the nightmare match, How on earth would I triumph over the mighty Pawn the Lancer?

As it ended up, this match was not a difficult one for me, Cade And yobuck made quick work of the 86 twins, they blew their load on the first round, and were easily taken apart thanks to Double-twin,

The Lancer droid was baited into chasing Yo-buck, which enabled me to position Rex to dismantle it fairly quickly and cleanly. The match was over at this point, though I did In fact come within about 30hp of losing Yo-buck. Never got the option to heal, but then I didn't need to.
1-0

Round 2 on Starship (Rots starter)

I ran into Jack (whose forum handle I never remember) who was running a super-stealth B&B squad which used Vader JH, a storc, two kel-dors and a pillbug.

I was able to kill his storc early in the first round, then swapped back for a noble when Vader was put into position by thrawn. Poor vader was then exposed to a total of 8 shots (From which he took a whopping 30 damage)

I managed to take out thrawn in the third round by going cross map with yobuck then swapping for Cade, Vader attempted to close with Cade, but was again frustrated by a swap, and then a Yobuck that ran away, killing Moff Nyna, and damaging the kel-dors. Vader took a while to kill, but eventually he fell, though I think he soaked up a potential 3-400 damage.
2-0

Round 3 on Throne room(starter 2007)

Faced down the legendary Shinja next:
His squad:
General Aayla
Rex
Gelagrub
Bacara
Star Corps x2
Gree
Mas
doombot
(guess who just got his case of CW?)

I made a mistake early, taking an AO from a gelagrub instead of spending for master speed, and it allowed yodabuck to get pounded down to 10hp. It killed Bacara, and crit a Gelagrub though, that helped.

I had to swap for something at that point, and ended up choosing mas amedda, for reasons I can't quite justify at the moment, but I know they were valid at the time. I was able to heal back to 90, and take out the gelagrub from range, though at the cost of losing doombot.

Shinja made his own mistake and tried to kill rex. Bodyguard saved the day, and Shinja's Rex was summarily executed.

The match was over here, though I did chase down and finish off the remainder of his army.
3-0

Round 4 vs Joel
ASN's and grievous.
On rancor pit

Nearly lost panaka early, healed him, sat in gambit till the droids closed and killed em

Really, boring, game.

Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:46:15 AM

It's all fun and games until Mr. Vikrum comes flying in and slaughtering everone with another version of a yobuck squad, maybe we will get a chance to play to kind of see how our match would have gone.
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:51:35 AM

I was about to think you never checked bloomilk anymore. The forums are no longer safe Mr. Vic is on the loose!
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:52:36 AM

now you aand i can conversate
MarkIV
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 8:55:14 PM

Nightwalker wrote:
It's all fun and games until Mr. Vikrum comes flying in and slaughtering everone with another version of a yobuck squad, maybe we will get a chance to play to kind of see how our match would have gone.

It's Vikram; my screen-name is my name spelled backwards, you drooling, huffing troglodyte.
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:42:45 AM

Now for my return message... see I told you we be conversatin
MasterWolf
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 1:58:09 AM

How did you heal YoBuck from 10 to 90?
Silustrae
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 5:44:26 AM

MasterWolf wrote:
How did you heal YoBuck from 10 to 90?

You know... Thats a great question.. Doesn't Cade heal for 30 at a time?

Maybe took a 10dmg hit at some point?
Nightwalker
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 6:45:34 AM

Cades heal is 40 i believe....
Nightwalker
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 6:47:02 AM

Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter 61
Hit Points: 110
Defense: 20
Attack: +12
Damage: 20

Rarity: Very Rare
Base Size: Medium
Years: 130 ABY - 137 ABY
Price: $41.80
Have: 0
Special Abilities Unique
Bounty Hunter +4 (+4 Attack against Unique enemies)
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Splash 10 (If this character's attack hits, all characters adjacent to the target take 10 damage; save 11. If the attack misses, the target and all adjacent characters take 10 damage; save 11.)
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)

Force Powers Force 5
Force Heal 40 (Force 2, replaces attacks: touch; remove 40 damage from a living character)
Force Push 3 (Force 3, replaces turn: range 6; 30 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target, and push back target and each character adjacent to that target 3 squares if Huge or smaller)