RegisterDonateLogin

Expresses its true feelings for you in the South Passage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bad Trade List Options
Djstarr05
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:13:00 AM
Groups: Member

creme_brule wrote:
Djstarr05 wrote:
I set up two trades back at the beginning of this month. I haven't heard from either person since then. They were both supposed to send first, but I have yet to recieve minis from either. I have messaged them both several times, since then and have heard nothing back. How long do I wait before giving them +1 on the btl?

I believe its 3 weeks within US and 9 weeks outside. SF should be able to clear this up.

What's SF?
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:31:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Djstarr05 wrote:
creme_brule wrote:
Djstarr05 wrote:
I set up two trades back at the beginning of this month. I haven't heard from either person since then. They were both supposed to send first, but I have yet to recieve minis from either. I have messaged them both several times, since then and have heard nothing back. How long do I wait before giving them +1 on the btl?

I believe its 3 weeks within US and 9 weeks outside. SF should be able to clear this up.

What's SF?

SF = swinefeld :)

GTL/BTL rules wrote:
- Slow Shipping (more than 3 weeks for Domestic or 6 weeks for International)

Fill me in on the details via bloomail (send a copy of the trade correspondence, indicating dates of messages)

Thanks
mpedersen
Posted: Tuesday, July 5, 2011 5:04:13 AM

Going to have to report pitcherstar for a bad trade. We had exchanged addresses, agreed on a ship date and I emailed him to confirm, never heard back. Luckily I didnt ship. I emailed him a week ago to respond and let me know what is going on but have heard no response.
creme_brule
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 3:09:03 PM

+1 Dimetrodon (Warning list)

I really don't want to do this. The main issue I am posting this is b/c of poor packaging and illegal shipping methods (details below). Both issues relate to each other.

Here's the deal:

It was VAU, R2 Astro, Juno, and Wedge Red 2 for his x20 various SW comics, Kazdan, Promo Chagrian, and x3 JBMs.

We agreed to simulsend and we both got our packages out late; me a day late and him and few more days after me. He received first and left me a +1; before then he sent me the USPS DC# to track the package.

About a week later I received the package in the mail 2 days after the expected delivery date but when the box arrived at my doorstep it was all beaten up and smashed. One side was all taped up pretty sloppy and pretty much ineffective and the others looked fine. I noted that there was only a single strip of tape on the bottom of the box that had criss-cross strings to reinforce the tape. The tape was torn and the strings were holding the box together on the bottom. Also noted that the side (the opposite side of the sloppily taped up side) had again only a single strip of tape running down the center of the side from the top to the bottom, barely holding it closed.

Anyways, when I opened it up the first thing I noticed was how sparse the contents were. I was missing stuff! Here is what I ended up receiving:

x4 out of the x20 comics
Kazdan, x2 JBMs
NO CARDS
Catholic Hymnal Piano Book???

What the heck? I BMd Dime about this issue and about what should happen and here is what he said:

Dimetrodon wrote:
I don't want to come off as unsympathetic or sound like a jerk, but I think it's very clear this is not my fault or doing, and that I cannot and should not be held responsible.

The only thing I could think of that holds merit was for you to go and have the box and its contents weighed (preferably electronically for precision) to compare against the weight of the package as sent by me originally. This number along with the tracking number and your address are all on the receipt which I could then take pictures or scans of to show you, and indefinitely Prove that I sent it all out.

Otherwise all I stand on is a long term past list of feedback here, at gamers, and WOTC, in which the only mistakes I made were forgetting cards once or twice. In which case I I fixed that by sending them out asap.

Like I said I don't wanna be a jerk or a downer, but I honestly don't feel responsible for this, and have no idea what the Post office would or could do about it.

At first glance I thought someone broke into it, but after speaking with some others and also the post office lady here is what I concluded:

The package weighed 14 lbs originally (i received a copy of the receipt from Dime). A single strip of tape running along each side would not hold all that weight pretty well. As stated before, the bottom would have burst if the strings hadn't held it together. And considering it was sent Media Mail (which as stated originally, is illegal) it would naturally be placed with boxes with similar, or even heavier, weight of that of the box Dime sent me. The post office lady said that it was likely crushed and a bunch of stuff fell out. That and, considering the tape on the two sides were the only things holding the box closed, broke and while the box was being tilted everything fell out. After I told Dime about these revelations, here is what he told me:

Dimetrodon wrote:
Nope, it was all supported by cardboard pieces, bubble wrap, and foam peanuts. the books themselves aren't exactly the kind of thing that can collapse in on themselves. I had them wrapped twice going around with bubble wrap and the lid closed just evenly on top of it all. between the cardboard stilts and bubble wrap i had boxed in an area for the minis, and had the cards in between books in top loaders. I don't think it could have been crushed in on itself.

I've worked in construction and Merchandising for a really long time and I can tell you boxes are a lot more stable than they look most times. It takes an actual beating to cause harm.

Yes, while the packaging in may be done very well in the interior of the box, what about the outside? He gave me no argument regarding the outside packaging of the box.

I've been conversing with swine on this topic, and he was deciding how to resolve this. I told swine about a proposal to Dime, which was to split the cost of the loss of stuff between us, considering I am not at fault, and Dime says he is not at fault, and I have gotten NO REPLY. Wow. And Dime responded to another message I sent him regarding a totally unrelated topic. So I told swine I have resorted to doing this post. So, here are my main two reasons why I am posting this:

A) Poor packaging. If the box had been more secured on the outside, using stronger/more tape, none of the stuff would have fallen out (Remember, the box weighed over 14 lbs). Yea, it may be the post office's fault for being to lazy to put the stuff back in, but whose fault was it for allowing the stuff to fall out originally?

B) Sending it illegally. Dime sent it Media Mail, which was ILLEGAL since MM is reserved for packages containing ONLY media stuff. The package he sent me contained books (which were media)...and figures. So no go on that one. In addition, since Media Mail costs significantly less, it has significantly less priority over other packages. So it would be likely that the box was sitting around aimlessly for a while (which could explain why it was delivered 2 days late). In addition, since the box was sitting with other heavy boxes, there was a higher chance of it being crushed and the box being damaged.

I already sent swine copies of both myself and Dime's messages, as well as pictures of the box and pictures of Dime's receipt.

In regards to a question Dime asked me...:

Dimetrodon wrote:
I sent a picture and a scan of the receipt and it has all the information on it easily. You can clearly see a big difference in weight on the package. Even if it was taped poorly as they might claim, what prevented them from putting it all back in? did two.. three ten packages break all at once?

Like I had said originally it was packed very well and in relatively new box. Looked like something was shipped to me in it, found it in my garage. (pack rat)

But i had it super bubble wrapped and well protected and taped shut. btw that brown tape on the bottom should be original tape from wherever the box came from. Either an online seller or its actual manufacturer, I don't know that for sure. but the top was all taped shut then I slapped the label on. I can't imagine it breaking open unless there was extreme mishandling. I can tell you now UPS messes stuff up a good bit. I have friends who have worked for them and could tell horror stories.. but thats UPS..

Honestly, it doesn't matter. Considering that it was packaged poorly (which resulted in damaged...well, no minis at all actually and a bunch of missing books too) is already an infraction of the BTL. And while you may have packaged it pretty well on top (it WAS taped pretty well on top), that gives no excuse for the sides and the bottom of the box.

Had there only been a couple books missing, or just a tiny fraction of the package missing, I would have been relatively fine with that. However, considering 75% of the package was missing...that's just wrong. Would you like your Boba BH being sold for $60, then only receiving $15 bucks for it b/c the seller claims there was an issue with paypal? I don't think so. The least that could have happened was that we split some of the cost of the stuff.

If you plan to trade with Dime in the future, he is a reliable trader. However, if something goes wrong related to the packaging of the box don't expect him to take pity on you, even though you yourself have done nothing wrong.

There's never been an issue this bad in all my 140+ trades collectively from both here and WOTC. Hopefully something like this won't happen again.

Dimetrodon
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:21:17 AM

I packaged the box very well inside and outside. Everything was well protected. I don't know or care how the box was damaged in transit. It could have been dropped 20 feet from a conveyer, thrown around by ill tempered employees, or simply broken into by a thieving employee within the USPS.

I stand by my claim that I packaged it well inside and out. I also stand by working in construction and merchandising for the last ten years. I have worked with boxes for my whole life just about having moved all over the east coast. And I can tell you now that I packed it very well. Anyone who has worked in the backroom of a store or moved a few times, knows a cardboard box can take a beating and live through it very well. And as I already stated, however the box was broken apart or into, the fact that you did not receive all product, is the USPS doing. I had already said the books were all double wrapped in bubble wrap. Assuming the box was broken it wouldn't matter because everything that came out of it should have been in a block and easily put back in. But nothing was in there, somehow 11 pounds of books disappeared.

You yourself said that the entire side panel was ripped off and taped back on, and when you received it, you could reach your hand in. Honestly it sounds like it was all stolen this whole time, and you yourself also believed this until you went to the post office where they deny responsibility of course and try to blame me as not taping the box correctly? Preposterous.

This is from an e-mail you sent me describing all your pictures.
Quote:
Here's some various pics I took. Here's brief descriptions of each picture I
took:

P1010605: Top view. Pretty obvious the jacker didn't open through here. The
slit through your top paper was done by myself.
606: I'm almost positive this is how the jacker entered the box. I assume
you wouldn't do such a sloppy job of taping up the box. You can't really
tell but you can literally open the box from that side as it stands right
now.
607: This is the other side. Compare the two sides lol.
608: Bottom view
609: Inside view from the top.
610: Angled view showing where the jacker probably entered. There's a tear
in the top right part of the box. Also, you can't tell but the bottom slat
can easily be slid up for someone to stick their hand(s) in.
611-614: OVERVIEW - These pictures are of everything I received in the box.
611: This is all the packaging materials I received. Don't know if this was
all you sent.
612: Picture of the 4 comics I DID receive.
613: Picture of the 3 minis I received (Kazdan, x2 JBM) -- note: no cards.
614: Picture of the random Catholic piano hymnal I received. (What the
heck?!?!?)

If you have any comments based on the pics, please email me back or BM me on
Bloomilk. Thanks

You can say what you will, but I am not responsible in the slightest for this package being mishandled in transit. And as far as media mail goes, I told you I was doing that because priority mail shipping cost was $41 while parcel or whatever it was was $25, so I went with the $8 Media Mail. Any more than that and I might as well have bought all the minis anyway. And don't forget that I sent you 20 graphic novels with a retail of 12.99 -18.99 depending on the book. with a value an overall retail value around 300 dollars for your 4 minis. The books were read once or twice, and some not all, are as old as ten years, so I put the value down on them as far as trading goes, just so I wouldn't have to spend more money to enhance my collection. Even used you can sell them for $10 or more a pop easily. But I just wanted to be rid of them to help fill patches in m collection. I'd rather a fan in the community have them than blindly selling on ebay or amazon. I'm throwing that in here if anyone was to question the deal.

I already put way too much value into our deal, and I won't be guilted or bullied into digging farther into my pockets just because you are angry with the situation, and can't accept it as is.

Go google post office mishaps, problems, or damages. You can find tons of forums posts and claims listed all over about similar or worse incidents. When someone drives a forklift into a box or steals from one.. that is not the senders error or fault.

btw I sent a very long message to swinefeld, who replied to me on Friday August 12th. Posted below. I never heard back from him, and was waiting on it before replying to you again. this is about a week ago now too. And yeah we were being very civil about it too. I don't believe I've really said anything new in this thread, not directed at you anyway Creme, that I haven't already said. Maybe just the explanation on the value of the graphic novels themselves. Because I want you to know the value that was being sent.

Swinefelds BM to me
Quote:
Hey guys,

I'll respond to your most recent messages, and give you my final thoughts on this by friday afternoon.
I really appreciate that you guys have both been very cool about this and communicating well with each other and with me.
It sucks when situations like this come up, especially between 2 really good traders.
Thanks for your patience,

-Dave

Oh and not that it matters I suppose to the post office, but you might notice the box was stamped all over as fragile, something they didn't care to notice or take into consideration. Anyway here are some of the pictures he sent me. That box is complete FUBAR. As I've said all along, why am I to be held responsible for the USPS mishandling or more likely stealing the contents of my sent package?

(picture removed as it contained name/address information, missed it, thanks Bobby - swinefeld)

Dimetrodon
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:41:05 AM

creme_brule wrote:

If you plan to trade with Dime in the future, he is a reliable trader. However, if something goes wrong related to the packaging of the box don't expect him to take pity on you, even though you yourself have done nothing wrong.

I thank you for acknowledging I am a reliable trader, and I can easily say the same for you. But you need to understand this is not my fault.

If I packaged something poorly and contents were damaged, I would replace them or do something to fix that situation
If I forgot to send a card or mini, or something, I would immediately send it out as soon as I find out.

I am not unwilling to make reparations for my own mistakes in the slightest. But when and if I am not the one at fault for a situation, I will not be the one to do the fixing.

To be quite honest to, I don't see why this needed to be a public matter either. As far as I am concerned, you are telling everyone to watch out for the post office.
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 2:13:26 PM

For the record, I sent both Creme and Dime the same response message (via multiple-recipient BM) on August 12th.

Per Dime's post above, it would seem the multiple-send feature is broken, so I am copying my response into a new BM to him when I finish writing this.

Summary: I consider the postal service to be at fault in this case, and I will not be issuing Dime a warning.

To all trading members:

I consider this incident to be a prime example of why it is wise to go the extra mile when doing big trades/sales and include insurance on packages when negotiating. The vast majority of boxes make it to their destinations without any problems, but it only takes one instance of something like this happening to spoil someone's fun.

Galactic Funk
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2011 5:09:09 AM

+1 for swmtrader on the bad trade list for slow sending.

All documentation has been sent to swinefeld.

I'm happy to report that this issue has been resolved satisfactorily - swinefeld
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2011 12:40:47 PM

+1 for DarthElijah. Confirmed on August 3rd, he said he'd send first. Never got a package, got some reassurance on 8/12 he'd be sending soon, but still nothing. Sending transcripts your way, swinefeld.
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, January 30, 2012 1:29:02 AM

Never mind, it's been resolved. :)
saber1
Posted: Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:18:46 PM

I (S) a deal with Threshir (T) back in November. We agreed to ship simultaneously but he did not ship at all, or as he claims not until more than a week after I shipped. The package never arrived. Below is the chain of communication and his explanation. I feel I've been more than sufficiently patient.

Sent: 4/25/2012 10:45 PM
S-It's been over 5 months. I need those minis or a form of payment. I made this trade in good faith and sent you pieces on time. You've had more than enough time to fulfill your part of this trade. It's time to pay up.

Sent: 2/21/2012 10:05 AM
T-I'm so sorry, but I have some troubles with my account, until now i can enter, I talk to my Postal Office last week, and tell me that my package have some troubles in the border, and maybe this week finally could return to me, when it's happen I tell you and send you again, thanks for all.

S-So, when did the package get mailed most recently? Also, is there a tracking number? I will keep looking for it to arrive. Thank you.

Sent: 1/16/2012 10:57 AM
T-I'm so sorry about this situation, I ask in my postal office, and they says that have some troubles in the deliver, so the package was returned to me, in more or less one week more I recive the package again, so I send you, thanks for understand, thanks for all.

S-Hasn't arrived yet. Do you have any sort of tracking number?

Sent: 1/6/2012 11:06 AM
T-What about now?, it arrives?, thanks for all.

S-Do you have a tracking number? The box has not yet arrived. Thank you.

Sent: 12/7/2011 2:01 PM
T-Like I tell you I sent on 22/11, Monday was holiday in Mèxico, thanks for all.

S-We agreed to simultaneously ship. It's been 3 weeks since I sent minis out but no word from you. Please send soon.

Sent: 11/17/2011 8:56 AM
T-I'm sorry, I send you on Monday, thanks for all.

S-Minis are on their way. Let me know when they arrive. When do you plan to ship?
jediinexhile
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 10:12:48 PM

Please ad Robin to the bad tradding list, I made a custom Cassus Fett for him and he never paid for it. Angry
Biggsy
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2012 10:49:50 PM

saber1 wrote:
I (S) a deal with Threshir (T) back in November. We agreed to ship simultaneously but he did not ship at all, or as he claims not until more than a week after I shipped. The package never arrived. Below is the chain of communication and his explanation. I feel I've been more than sufficiently patient.

Sent: 4/25/2012 10:45 PM
S-It's been over 5 months. I need those minis or a form of payment. I made this trade in good faith and sent you pieces on time. You've had more than enough time to fulfill your part of this trade. It's time to pay up.

Sent: 2/21/2012 10:05 AM
T-I'm so sorry, but I have some troubles with my account, until now i can enter, I talk to my Postal Office last week, and tell me that my package have some troubles in the border, and maybe this week finally could return to me, when it's happen I tell you and send you again, thanks for all.

S-So, when did the package get mailed most recently? Also, is there a tracking number? I will keep looking for it to arrive. Thank you.

Sent: 1/16/2012 10:57 AM
T-I'm so sorry about this situation, I ask in my postal office, and they says that have some troubles in the deliver, so the package was returned to me, in more or less one week more I recive the package again, so I send you, thanks for understand, thanks for all.

S-Hasn't arrived yet. Do you have any sort of tracking number?

Sent: 1/6/2012 11:06 AM
T-What about now?, it arrives?, thanks for all.

S-Do you have a tracking number? The box has not yet arrived. Thank you.

Sent: 12/7/2011 2:01 PM
T-Like I tell you I sent on 22/11, Monday was holiday in Mèxico, thanks for all.

S-We agreed to simultaneously ship. It's been 3 weeks since I sent minis out but no word from you. Please send soon.

Sent: 11/17/2011 8:56 AM
T-I'm sorry, I send you on Monday, thanks for all.

S-Minis are on their way. Let me know when they arrive. When do you plan to ship?

This looks very much like kaxel vofer. Same posting style and evasive replies. That and the fact that on the WOTC site, kaxel was "friends" with two other accounts: a clone kaxel account and threshir.
knappskirata
Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:33:50 AM

+1 sithlordrpga

I hate to do this, but he hasn't ever sent me the maps I paid him $20 for. He confirmed he got it, and I've waited for more than a month. He hasn't logged in for a while, so if he does and resolves it, I will remove this post. I can produce all Bloo mails

Please note: this is just the 90 day warning
DarthJoe8
Posted: Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:24:14 PM

+1 raylinthegreat Bad trader.

He received my end of the trade on March 5th, as of today, I have not received anything, his last contact with me was on March 25th apologizing for the delay and promising me that he'll send, as of today, nothing. I'm out almost $60 worth of figures. I hope he comes around but at this point, he's a scammer.

I have all of our bloo mails if needed.
tonythetoyman
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:28:39 AM

Had a bad experience with Teller. We worked out a trade for a bunch of C and UC figures (5 of his for 12 of mine). I sent him my address and he said he was going to ship on Thursday/Friday. A few days later he canceled the trade without providing a reason. More of a pain since I had already pulled my figures and got them ready for shipping. But, given this is an honor system and he broke his word (agreed to trade and backed out), I thought it was worth mentioning so others could at least be aware of it (especially if it becomes a bigger problem).
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:38:05 PM

tonythetoyman wrote:
Had a bad experience with Teller. We worked out a trade for a bunch of C and UC figures (5 of his for 12 of mine). I sent him my address and he said he was going to ship on Thursday/Friday. A few days later he canceled the trade without providing a reason. More of a pain since I had already pulled my figures and got them ready for shipping. But, given this is an honor system and he broke his word (agreed to trade and backed out), I thought it was worth mentioning so others could at least be aware of it (especially if it becomes a bigger problem).

^I had a similar experience with Teller, but he did provide a legitimate reason, which I sometimes have similar situations and don't blame him, and we hadn't exactly agreed on an exact shipping date, as there had been a couple delays from both sides. So, not necessarily a 'Bad Trade' report, just to say it's not only you, and there is an apparent reason for it. BlooMilk
knappskirata
Posted: Sunday, October 27, 2013 12:07:07 PM

knappskirata wrote:
+1 sithlordrpga

I hate to do this, but he hasn't ever sent me the maps I paid him $20 for. He confirmed he got it, and I've waited for more than a month. He hasn't logged in for a while, so if he does and resolves it, I will remove this post. I can produce all Bloo mails

Please note: this is just the 90 day warning
Just to let you know, still no contact in over 6 months
DarkLordVerjal
Posted: Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:18:47 PM

+1 swmtrader on the bad trade list. It's been months, and I'm out well into the $100 worth of figures here. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but the trade was made in March and despite constant emails and messages I haven't had a single reply. I will gladly say misunderstanding if this can be resolved, I don't want to sully anyone's name; I just want the trade to be completed.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 7:21:44 PM

Hate to do it, but CorranHornSux123.

I commissioned some customs and he actually sent the items initially but they were packed poorly. I sent my items and returned the broken customs for repair. I wasn't in any hurry so I waited months as he gave some excuses. Now he isn't even logging in. Seems like such a nice guy and he initially sent them so quickly, so I hate to report it, but it's been over a month with no communication and like 4 or 5 months since the items should have been here.