RegisterDonateLogin

Or you'll find yourself floating home!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ironic Moments in SWM? Options
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 6:41:48 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mikl wrote:
Funny thing is that I rolled my JWM's attacks just for fun and rolled some crits but still wouldn't do any damage...at least I managed to win it, still I wonder how.

Just wanted to point out for future reference - you double the base damage on a crit, then subtract 20 for Cortosis, so your JWM should have been dealing 20 damage on those crits. Smile
Mikl
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:27:02 AM
Groups: Member

Normally but when he succeeds to activate cortosis twice on the same character, naming my JWM, it still hits for nothing! Funny thing is that he save with cortosis the second time on a critical hit.
juice man
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:31:01 AM

Mikl wrote:
Normally but when he succeeds to activate cortosis twice on the same character, naming my JWM, it still hits for nothing! Funny thing is that he save with cortosis the second time on a critical hit.

This special ability appears only on characters with the Lightsaber Block Force power. Whenever this character gets a result of 19 or higher on a save when using Lightsaber Block against an enemy with a lightsaber, that enemy gets -20 Damage for the rest of the skirmish. This effect is not cumulative with repeated blocks, and Damage can never be reduced below 0.

From the glossary.

Mikl
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:48:45 PM

Good to know, still he did it twice on the same character, that's crazy.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 12:38:37 AM

I once played a game where I had a Thrawn squad with Ruhk. Full health Ruhk chrages up to land the death blow on General Wedge Antilles, with my Dannik Jerriko next to it. I roll a 1. Ruhk joins the other side. My friend rejoices greatly over his new peice. He now attacks with Ruhk. He rolls a 20. Dannik Jerriko dies. I eventually kill the traitor, but at the expense of a couple peices.

Another time, I was playing Vong and my friend brought in 4 Caamasi Nobles on Ravaged base with Lobot. After making a wall blocking the gamibt zone, which my Vong couldn't get through. I had a flash of insight. I had Doctor Evazan. Dr.E did homicidal surgery on 3 nobles that game and paved the way for me to have at least a close game. Dr.Evazan saved the day!
cicrush13
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:12:25 AM

Zannah vs Jedi Diplomat.

I win init. Zannah has 10 HP and JD has 40...need both attacks to hit. First roll 3, FPRR, 16 hit. Double 3, miss.
Diplomat kills Zannah. The only figure I have left is my Gran Raider. I need a 16 or I lose...I roll a 16!Flapper
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2011 3:13:33 AM

1 An ASN assassain droid taking out an entire squad while GM Luke sits in the back.
2. I was using bane and at the end of a game he was my only survivng piece and myopponent only had antares draco left ( this was on the coruscant map. Finally i catch up to him after uses all my force points for movement, and he force pushes bane off the side. I fail the save. BigGrin
Jimmigration
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:48:30 PM

Boba Fett Enforcer attacked my Kriea and rolled a 1. A couple of turns later I used Boba Fett to combine fire with Han Solo Smuggler, which killed Jaina Solo Sword of the Jedi.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:03:20 PM

I once played a 100 pt battle with san hill, wat tambor TUV, nute gunray, and lobot. In the end, I had 250 points of characters!LOL
I rolled 1's about 3 times!
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:20:23 PM

I was playing a Mace squad at a tournament against another Mace squad. Our Doombots both had 10 HP remaining, and I used electric shock to kill his. Woot That has got to be the coolest way to kill a droid. WITH THE SAME DROID.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2012 2:07:52 PM

I also based Admiral Ozzel with an ugnaught demo and I survived about 4 attacks from him and did about 20-30 damage to Ozzel!
corranhorn
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2012 5:22:00 AM

MaliciousCrumb wrote:
I also based Admiral Ozzel with an ugnaught demo and I survived about 4 attacks from him and did about 20-30 damage to Ozzel!

ThumpUp
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 10:53:38 PM

Another time is when Mace Windu, LotLS faced off against Bane and did 5 tries on his crit rolling (rerolled twice). He didn't get a single crit. Bane attacked him, and Mace riposted twice, failing again to get a crit. The next round, I won initiative and used Mace again, trying 5 times to get a crit. He didn't. Bane killed him, and after that, my opponent and I rolled 20s about 7-10 times.