RegisterDonateLogin

May not look like much, but she's got it where it counts.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

what if? customs Options
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:35:21 AM
Groups: Member

Lyrek_Galstan wrote:
Here's an idea pulled directly from the Star Wars: Infinities comics from Dark Horse

Leia Organa, Indoctrinated (R, Imperial)
HP: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: +7
Damage: 10
Special Abilities
Unique
Lightsaber (+10 damage against adjacent enemies)
Synergy (whenever this character is within 6 squares of a character named Darth Vader, this character gains +4 attack)
Force Powers
Force 2
"After Luke Skywalker failed to destroy the Death Star, many Rebel leaders were 'rehabilitated' by Moff Tarkin"

and another one ripped from Infinities: RotJ

Han Solo, Blind (R, Rebel)
HP: 80
Defense: 17
Attack: +0
Damage: 20
Special Abilities
Unique
Cunning Attack
Pilot
Gunner
"Having spent too long in carbonite, Han would never regain his eyesight, yet still remained an accurate shot behind the Falcon's gunnery"

and now for something completely different

Jabba the Hutt, Philanthropist (VR, Fringe)
HP: 90
Defense: 15
Damage: 0
Special Abilities
Unique
Diplomat
Draw Fire
Betrayal
"From his Utopian Tatooine, Jabba directs his ardent followers. Whether or not they share his pacifism isn't his concern."

Wondered when someone was going to make some Infinities customs... Those comics are just so plain stupid that they are hilarious. And a very interesting custom for Jabba.
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:01:59 AM

ok the vote will be a week from now (next wednesdsay in april), any entrant must decide on one custom that he or she made and post it here before the voting deadline
Lyrek_Galstan
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:37:32 AM

I thought the comics were good enough. Then again, I also like Marvel's What if series -shrugs- if I'm to enter, I'd throw in Jabba the Hutt, Philanthropist
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:04:17 AM

Are we still allowed to make "What If?" Characters? Because I have a good Revan :]

-RevRevGar
amsnow
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 4:49:57 AM

two more entries and then thats it, so yes gary make your revan
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 5:20:35 AM

Sweet! Thanks. I have school in just a bit so I will do that afterwards, if I have time, I do have work after school today. But just to give you all an idea of what is to come here is Revan's name and faction:

Faction: Mandalorian

Revan, Mandalore (I am not very good with originality)

You all know it would have been so much cooler if he had taken Mandalore's helmet and declared himself Mandalore.

-RevRevGar

RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 7:57:41 AM

I changed the name after some discussion with a friend of mine. But here it is:

Cost: 97

Mandalore the Tactician

Hit Points: 130
Defense: 18
Attack: 16

Special Abilities:
Unique (Counts as Revan)
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies.)
Melee Fighter (This character gains 3 defense when being attacked by adjacent characters.)
Triple Attack (On its turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving.)
Grand Master Tactician (You automatically choose who goes first except on a roll of 1 and you may activate two allied characters in the first phase rather than one.)
Djem So Style (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)

Force Powers:
Force 1
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time it activates.)
Master of The Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn.)
Lightsaber Block (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Lightsaber Precision (Force 1: This character gets +10 Damage on its next attack.)

Commander Effects:

Old Republic Commander (Your Sqaud may include Non-Unique Old Republic characters.)
Non-Unique Allies get +3 Defense and +3 Attack. After Initiative is determined two allied characters may move up to a total of 6 squares put together before any other character activates, or one allied character may move up to a total of 6 squares before any other character activates.)

Some ideas before this is declared as my final masterpiece:

Is the cost too high? too low?

Is the Grand Master Tactician overboard? It works well with his CE, right?

I decided to put Djem So in there instead of Riposte so that you could potentially Block, then reply and use Precision to do 30 damage. I was also trying to decide if I should just give him double attack to go with double precision, but thought triple fits if I making him a melee beast. Do you think Melee Fighter is over the line? Should it be changed to Lightsaber Duelist?

And for his CE the Old Republic thing makes sense if it takes place just after the battle at Malachor V. And the whole two characters moving thing just makes his old CE a lot more usefull.

So, do you like it? Or am I just an idiot?

-RevRevGar

awesome
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 8:01:10 AM

I think he should have affinity to sith because after he teams with the mandalorian he becomes a sith.
but thats just what I think(and it would be wierd having old republic with sith even though you can have rebels on an imperial team).

And Id say his cost is a bit low for all of that.
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 8:47:08 AM

Well my thought behind this piece was that it takes place right after he defeats Mandalore, thus meaning he still has Old Republic people. And anyone loyal to him would join him as a Mandalorian. So the idea being that instead of him going Sith he goes Mandalorian. But what I am wondering about your point is, are you saying he should be Mandalorian faction with Sith affinity and he can still bring in Old Republic? Cause that would be sweet. The only issue about mixing so many factions is that you wont be able to mix CE's from one faction with units of another, most of the time. And I am not very good on cost, what do you think it should be at? I mean in truth he is weak if being shot at it, especially with no cover. So he shouldn't cost too much because a decent shooter could kill him. Am I right or wrong?

-RevRevGar
danielmcdougall
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 10:22:37 AM

I think his cost is good. He would get up shot pretty good by some of the newer shooters like Rex or Dash (Dash would need a boost). Rex would only 10s if Revan was in cover.
His cost is really in his CE not his stats. As I think about it more I would almost say he is slightly overcosted. Think about GOWK, he costs 55 is a melee beast and has a game changing CE. I think this guy is cool and I don't think he should be affinity Sith, I think it should be pre-Sith.
Great idea IMO.
vanlanning
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 10:33:10 AM

Wow. That's both depressing and amazing at the same time.
vanlanning
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 10:34:58 AM

I meant this, At first I didn't see 2nd page.

Lyrek_Galstan wrote:
Here's an idea pulled directly from the Star Wars: Infinities comics from Dark Horse

Leia Organa, Indoctrinated (R, Imperial)
HP: 50
Defense: 16
Attack: +7
Damage: 10
Special Abilities
Unique
Lightsaber (+10 damage against adjacent enemies)
Synergy (whenever this character is within 6 squares of a character named Darth Vader, this character gains +4 attack)
Force Powers
Force 2
"After Luke Skywalker failed to destroy the Death Star, many Rebel leaders were 'rehabilitated' by Moff Tarkin"

and another one ripped from Infinities: RotJ

Han Solo, Blind (R, Rebel)
HP: 80
Defense: 17
Special Abilities
Unique
Cunning Attack
Pilot
Gunner
"Having spent too long in carbonite, Han would never regain his eyesight, yet still remained an accurate shot behind the Falcon's gunnery"

and now for something completely different

Jabba the Hutt, Philanthropist (VR, Fringe)
HP: 90
Defense: 15
Damage: 0
Special Abilities
Unique
Diplomat
Draw Fire
Betrayal
"From his Utopian Tatooine, Jabba directs his ardent followers. Whether or not they share his pacifism isn't his concern."
amsnow
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 4:00:07 PM

RevRevGar wrote:
I changed the name after some discussion with a friend of mine. But here it is:

Cost: 97

Mandalore the Tactician

Hit Points: 130
Defense: 18
Attack: 16

Special Abilities:
Unique (Counts as Revan)
Melee Attack (Can attack only adjacent enemies.)
Melee Fighter (This character gains 3 defense when being attacked by adjacent characters.)
Triple Attack (On its turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving.)
Grand Master Tactician (You automatically choose who goes first except on a roll of 1 and you may activate two allied characters in the first phase rather than one.)
Djem So Style (Whenever this character is hit by a melee attack, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker.)

Force Powers:
Force 1
Force Renewal 1 (This character gets 1 Force point each time it activates.)
Master of The Force 2 (May spend Force points up to 2 times in a single turn.)
Lightsaber Block (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Lightsaber Precision (Force 1: This character gets +10 Damage on its next attack.)

Commander Effects:

Old Republic Commander (Your Sqaud may include Non-Unique Old Republic characters.)
Non-Unique Allies get +3 Defense and +3 Attack. After Initiative is determined two allied characters may move up to a total of 6 squares put together before any other character activates, or one allied character may move up to a total of 6 squares before any other character activates.)

Some ideas before this is declared as my final masterpiece:

Is the cost too high? too low?

Is the Grand Master Tactician overboard? It works well with his CE, right?

I decided to put Djem So in there instead of Riposte so that you could potentially Block, then reply and use Precision to do 30 damage. I was also trying to decide if I should just give him double attack to go with double precision, but thought triple fits if I making him a melee beast. Do you think Melee Fighter is over the line? Should it be changed to Lightsaber Duelist?

And for his CE the Old Republic thing makes sense if it takes place just after the battle at Malachor V. And the whole two characters moving thing just makes his old CE a lot more usefull.

So, do you like it? Or am I just an idiot?

-RevRevGar

if anything, i give you credit for best idea for a what if custom
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, March 27, 2009 6:48:26 PM

danielmcdougall wrote:
He would get shot up pretty good by some of the newer shooters like Rex or Dash (Dash would need a boost). Rex would only need 10s if Revan was in cover.

Pretty much what I was going for. I didn't want to make him invincible. Throw in a good shooter and Revan is down, unless you throw in some bodyguards to help him out.

danielmcdougall wrote:
His cost is really in his CE not his stats.

So true. I mean he can have two powerful characters move into position because of his CE and then with his Grand Master Tactician he can activate both of them and if done right kill a major piece on the opposing team.

danielmcdougall wrote:
As I think about it more I would almost say he is slightly overcosted.

What should he cost?

danielmcdougall wrote:
Think about GOWK, he costs 55 is a melee beast and has a game changing CE.

This Revan is a full on Melee beast. I mean look at the triple by itself, throw in the possibile double precision and you get 80 damage if he gets all three attacks done in one turn. Or if someone Melee attacks him he does three things: Block, Djem So, Precision. Thats a 30 damage reply without even taking any himself (Unless I have my rules messed up and he can only do either Djem So or Block but not both, either way he still rocks). And the Melee Fighter rocks the house. He wont have to worry about critting uggies to say the least.

danielmcdougall wrote:
I think this guy is cool and I don't think he should be affinity Sith, I think it should be pre-Sith.

That was my thought, he never really goes Sith, he goes Mandalorian. Sort of a neutral force user. And there weren't very many openly Sith person, if any, at the end of the Mandalorian Wars, so he wouldn't be Sith affinity.

Blob Barker/amsnow wrote:
if anything, i give you credit for best idea for a what if custom

Why thank you. I always thought this would have been one of the coolest twist in the KoToR games. Why not throw in force to the Mandalorians? So, I guess this is my finished product then, unless I decide to change cost.

General Revan talk: I can't believe they didn't give him a little more force versatility and give him MOTF 2. With the current Revan's force powers, MOTF 2 would make no sense, but they could have given it to him with different powers and made him awesome. If only, if only.

The most depressing thought about all this is, this piece will never come into existence... *Tear*

-RevRevGar

danielmcdougall
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 5:22:59 PM

You can do it if you learn to make customs. You could take one of the mandolorians and repaint and give it a lightsaber. Their masks are similar to Revan's mask. The marauder might be a good choice.
amsnow
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 11:34:54 AM

still have one position open, as soon as it fills voting begins, otherwise voting begins in two days
da_man
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:35:10 AM

you can use my custom lord vader, redeemed jedi master.
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:42:48 AM

ok voting starts today, and ends saturday. the entries are

volvagia's

Here is mine:

Yoda, Traitorous Jedi Master
Imperial-74
HP:140
DF:22
AT:15
DM:20

SPECIAL ABILIIES
Unique
Melee Attack
Triple Attack
Greater Mobile Attack
Mettle

FORCE POWERS
Force:2
FR:3
MotF:3
Light saber Defence
Force Defence
Force Alter
Force Stun
Force Push 30
Force Lightning 50

When all seemed lost after Order 66 wiped out the Jedi, this great master could take no more and gave in to his emotions becoming: Darth Tinydwarf
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:44:02 AM

IG-108'S

Jar Jar Binks, Sith Lord
Sith- 40
HP: 120
Def: 20
Att: 12
Dm: 20
SA: Unique, double attack, melee attack
Draw Fire
Evade
Bombad Gungan
Mettle
FP: Force 4
Impulsive Force Renewal
Sith Rage
CE: This character can have gungans from any faction in his squad.
FT: "Mesa gonna show everyone how bombad mesa really is".

amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:44:35 AM

da man's

lord vader in white armor or lord vader, redeemed jedi master
rebel
cost 50
hp 200
defence 22
attack +14
damage 30

light armor (same thing as dark armor)
triple attack
pilot
affinity (can be on a new republic squad)
counts as a commando

force 3
force renewal 3
force stealth (force 2, gains stealth for the rest of the round)
force push 4

when darth vader supposedly died a mysterious escape pod emerged

EDIT: cost 86