RegisterDonateLogin

Handy Tip: To prevent curdling, store on Hoth.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

~Calendar~ Bellevue WA April Events Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:16:52 AM
Groups: Member

Well I would have brought Revan and 4 uggies... But thats just me...

-RevRevGar
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 6:21:08 AM

Bascially Team event went as follows Riekeen Riekeen Riekeen Riekeen Riekeen Riekeen Riekeen Riekeen
jporeb
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 9:07:19 AM

Blake had me laughing with his new Awwwnold Swarsenegger routine. Apologies to Rob for me encouraging Blake and his drunken wookie (Awwnald impression). I had fun playng. It was definetely different. Like Daniel said, alot of games were very close.

Did anyone get penalized 10 victory points for bossing their team mate?
Hats off to Chris/Simon and Paul/Tim.

Hopefully I will be present on Saturday.
amsnow
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:02:59 AM

yeah i really wanted to play but couldnt convince my brother to take me Sad
amsnow
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 11:13:03 AM

i would have played new malak, new dash, holosid and 4 uggies
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2009 1:49:41 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn5aJMF-Arc

Do it Do it Nowehh

First I will jump out that window fall 3 stories then kill the first person I see, Ready! AHGAGHAPFGGLGh

Follow the link watch the entire thing.
joelker41
Posted: Friday, April 10, 2009 12:23:07 AM

Nightwalker wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn5aJMF-Arc

Do it Do it Nowehh

First I will jump out that window fall 3 stories then kill the first person I see, Ready! AHGAGHAPFGGLGh

Follow the link watch the entire thing.

That was random lol....wow....

Funny though!
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:08:05 AM

amsnow wrote:
i would have played new malak, new dash, holosid and 4 uggies

Haha, awesome. I was going to play the same thing except 2 mouse droids if we had an odd number of people, but we got exactly 12.
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:17:03 AM

amsnow wrote:
could somebody please do a report on the team battle? i want to know how that went

Overall the team battles went way too slow. Everyone brought squads that were much more team oriented and not like normal 100p squads at all. There was a huge lack of firepower. We had alot more tempo control than you normally see in 100 and alot more activations. So it really came down to first round gambit and not losing uggies. Because in most games they just never got to the real rounds were all the conflict happens. But I think everyone learned alittle bit about squad construction.

Also, I think we still have alot of players who don't have their map strats down yet. which will speed up games when they have learned them.

I think a Bane+ Lobot clo +uggie would probably have beaten most of the teams by itself.
RevRevGar
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 5:30:05 AM

Omnus wrote:
I think a Bane+ Lobot clo +uggie would probably have beaten most of the teams by itself.

So someone would have been happy to have me as their partner? Throwing in a little Revan and 4 uggies?

-RevRevGar
vanlanning
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 9:22:41 AM

I need some advice. my birthday is april 17th, the day before a 200 point tournament, so should I play something fun, or something beatsticky?
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 10:16:05 AM

Fun Beatstick?
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 11:55:46 AM

RevRevGar wrote:
Omnus wrote:

So someone would have been happy to have me as their partner? Throwing in a little Revan and 4 uggies?

-RevRevGar

Actually, I don't think it would have really mattered. The squads were so odd. If you got a ally that revan could push around it might have been really cool. But the key part of my comment was that Bane could have killed almost any piece in the whole event with 1 assault.
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:00:44 PM

vanlanning wrote:
I need some advice. my birthday is april 17th, the day before a 200 point tournament, so should I play something fun, or something beatsticky?

It depends on what kind of mood you are. Sometimes, its just nice to win. Other times I find playing a squad I really enjoy is better than winning the event. I went 3-1 in every event for almost 2 months which made me really want to win. Then I went 4-0 2 events in a row for me. Now I am back to playing squads that surprise my opponent. I love catching people off guard with interesting squad ideas.

But maybe you will get something new and cool for your birthday and just really want to play it.
amsnow
Posted: Sunday, April 12, 2009 12:55:27 PM

i was thinkin the other day a possibly fun event would be to play with set restrictions like, no pieces after rots came out, i wondered what it was like when only the first three sets were out. there were no real super squads out there, the big fig was boba fett from rebel storm. it would just be an opportunity to play some pieces you wouldnt use anymore. another one i though would be every squad would have to contain characters from just one set. like an all kotor squad (gary)
or all clone wars etc
joelker41
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2009 7:33:54 AM

I just wanna thank Vik for a great championship match, it was really fun to play vs. him in the final actually WIN haha.

Great to see Shinja again! Wish you could come out more often Aaron!

I could give a report...but 5 matches is a LONG report lol...

I for one would like to see a one figure from every set event, I realize that that may not be possible for many people given the collection size and variety of some players but I think it would be fun.

I also like the idea of an era specific tourney or make it strictly faction pure so you cant use Uggies and other fodder pieces.
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, April 13, 2009 12:46:24 PM

I went 3-2 took 9th and got R2 extended sencor for pize YAY

First and second amntches i lost to charles and chriss graff playing similar squads

Charles had
palpy sith lord
rex
cody
tarkin
ozzel
thrawn
4 uggos

Chriss had
Palpy
Rex
Aricca
Thrawn
New lobot
Ozzel
Other filler type stuffs

Got smashed by charles was totally unprepared for his squad kinda threw me off

The next game against chriss was alot closer i quickly took out rex and aricca and he rolled reserves and dash came to the rescue. lsot by aroudn 20 points

Next 3 games i smashed all my opponents, i played clayten sara and simon

Putting me at 3-2 with a horrible strength fo schedule

Looking forward to this weeks events i hope everyone can make it. Woot
Omnus
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 9:22:50 AM

Last saturday was probably the first time that myself, shinja and Vik were all playing in the same event. Yet no of us played each other. I went 4-1 and didn't play any of the top 3 players for the event. But I suppose thats my fault for losing round 2. But I didn't mind losing to an imperial sqaud. Velox's Vader, Unleashed got pretty lucky : )

17 people was awesome. Record high for a normal saturday event for us.

Did I mention that I love seeing imperial squads again. Out of 17 people we saw 5 different Vaders. Lord, Scourge, Unleashed, Jedi Hunter and IC. Just realized that I think I was the highest placing Imperial player on saturday. Thats kinda sad : ( But hell, I am quite happy with 4-1 with Palpy SL in a 17 person event with alot of our best players in it.
joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 11:40:43 AM

Omnus wrote:
Last saturday was probably the first time that myself, shinja and Vik were all playing in the same event. Yet no of us played each other. I went 4-1 and didn't play any of the top 3 players for the event. But I suppose thats my fault for losing round 2. But I didn't mind losing to an imperial sqaud. Velox's Vader, Unleashed got pretty lucky : )

17 people was awesome. Record high for a normal saturday event for us.

Did I mention that I love seeing imperial squads again. Out of 17 people we saw 5 different Vaders. Lord, Scourge, Unleashed, Jedi Hunter and IC. Just realized that I think I was the highest placing Imperial player on saturday. Thats kinda sad : ( But hell, I am quite happy with 4-1 with Palpy SL in a 17 person event with alot of our best players in it.

I am 90% sure you would have wiped the floor with my squad lol...even if Cody, Mas, and Ozzel can be 1 shotted by YoBuck.

Overall I think your finish was a testament to the power of Rex and your strong play more than anything, I can't name a figure that has changed the game more since it came out. He almost single handidly KOed Boba BH, Vaders, and pretty much Vik's whole squad. Far to much power in a 33 point figure, just compare him to Carth Onasi...who is terrible...and cost 5 points MORE.

We should have that match sometime...your map was jedi temple right? That map would be good and bad for me...Killing your Rex would be a (insert colorful word here) for me that's for sure...
Affliction
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:59:40 PM

Wow only 6 guys tonight kinda sad to see only 3 rounds. Loss to Blake as usual cant remember play by play wasnt in to that game, beat Jack this one was close he had Vader down to 40 or 50 and he had a war droid so yeah i wonder who would have won that lol, and beat Tim my Arica took his Obi Wan from the new starter out in two turns with New Vaders's extra attack and opportunist from Thrawn