RegisterDonateLogin

Is as precise as Imperial Stormtroopers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

~Calendar~ Bellevue WA April Events Options
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 5:43:56 AM
Groups: Member

Notes: The 300 point event will be 4 rounds at most. Even if we get 20 people, it will still be 4 rounds. Also we are going to try longer round for the 300 point games. Probably 75 minutes. The current talk is that all 3 judges may actually play in the event. And the other judge(s) will make ruling for the games of other judges. We shouldn't be an issue because its not dci sanctioned.

Important: After the 300 point event we will be playing General Obiwan Kenobi as the card reads for Soresu Mastery. Myself and the other 2 judges originally wanted to wait for the FAQ/errata to actually come out before we made any changes. But after talking about we decided that it would be best if everyone could get used to the fig before regionals which is estimated to be in may or june. We also wanted to give it 3 weeks so everyone would have a chance to hear about it and plan for it in their squads.

I know there are some heavy feelings about the strength of the piece. Yes, it a great piece. But please don't turn our calender of events into a debate about the piece. It is apparent now that the piece was always intended to work as the card reads. There ar many ways to take down GOWK. If you have serious worries about getting trumped by GOWK, feel free to message me and I would be happy to give you lots of suggestion for ways to beat him. Just as a start...Force Lightning, Force Push, Force Grip, Flamethrower, Overwhelming Force, Makashi, Force Immunity, Self Destruct, or Disentigration. Or just kill the other pieces in the squad and laugh at the pitiful 40 damage output from GOWK. The game is still fun, but there will be some great Obi squads. I just wanted to make sure everyone is prepared.
RevRevGar
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 6:40:23 AM

I just want to make sure that I am correct in my understanding. AFTER the 300 point tourney, not at the 300 point tourney, but after that, we will be doing what the card says? I don't mind either way, but it might change my squad slightly depending on which one we do.

And also to make sure I understand the issue. His card says attacks, errata says Melee attacks, and Rob said follow the card, right?

-RevRevGar
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:06:33 AM

AFTER the 300 point event.

The card says attacks, the glossary says melee attacks. Nickname's FAQ said follow the glossary. Which is usually what the official errata and faq's end up being. Rob has specifically said the card represents how the character was intended to be and the glossary contains the mistake. There isn't any official errata yet but we all know how long it can take. General policy is to follow the card if their is a discrepency but with GOWK it seemed like the glossary was just more specific and the card was incomplete or shortened. Also its pretty standard to error on the side of caution.

Like I said, we wanted to wait until there was an official faq but with regionals getting close, we felt it would be better let everyone get used to the piece before the event is on top of us. Most other major swm areas already started useing GOWK as the card reads for SSM.
RevRevGar
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:30:49 AM

Okay, thanks for re-clarifying for me. I appreciate that.

-RevRevGar
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 7:55:06 AM

NP, man. It's something I would rather someone ask me to clarify than to come expecting something different.
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 10:45:50 AM

New calendar Up

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/Default.aspx?g=posts&m=9853&#9853

Migrate over there now lol
GG
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 3:54:53 PM

I'm kinda new to the game and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what medium base means.
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, April 19, 2009 4:56:03 PM

Medium base is the second smallest and msot common sized mini base.

Things like gunaughts, ewoks and jawas are on small bases because they are obviously smaller characters.

Medium sized characters occupy 1 square on the map and are the next size up from small figures. Things like most jedi, battle droids for example are medium sized characters and are on medium sized bases

Followed by large characters which are 2x2 base

followed by huge characters on a 3x3 base