RegisterDonateLogin

Is a little short for a website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Who wins? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Luke Skywalker 40 53.333333 %
Revan 35 46.666666 %

April 2009 re-Rock the Vote (Skywalker v Revan) Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:20:32 AM
Groups: Member

Hey Everybody!

I am am too impatient to wait until tomorrow to do this, notice its still March. But I am going to start doing a "Rock the Vote" every month. It will be things who is the better Star Wars Character, Who is the better Star Wars Mini, Which Game is better, and so on. It will always be between 2 things, I might make exceptions. But for this first one I am doing a remake of a WoTC post by my brother. The voting over there came out even, if I remember correctly. But it was a vote off between Luke Skywalker and Revan. So lets do this.

Some ways you might figure out who your vote goes to, or just some things to discuss about the two.

Who is/was more powerful?
This relates entirely to their ability to use the force. Wether it be their fighting abilities with it or their use of it to pull people to them, or simply how connected they were to it.

Who would win in a duel?
This related to their ability to use lightsabers. Who was a better sword fighter?

Who is a more qualified leader, who is a more qualified soldier?
Revan was a general, Luke a pilot. So which is more qualified to lead, and which is more qualified to be a soldier?

Who got the better Women?
I think this is self explanatory

Who is plain cooler?
So which one do you think is cooler, looks better, whatever it might be.

So right about here is where you put your vote, Revan or Luke? I ask that you don't put other people, that's just annoying. And if you do vote, please post explaining your vote. Thanks for taking your time to read and reply.

-RevRevGar
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:47:06 AM

Lets quote wookiepedia:

wookiepedia wrote:
Revan was an incredibly talented and diligent student of the Force— the most gifted of his time...As one of the few individuals in galactic history to reach the heights of Sith power and return to the Jedi... Before his and Revan's final duel, Darth Malak told Revan that he was stronger in the Force than he ever was as the Dark Lord. Five years later, Revan's first Jedi Master Kreia would tell the Jedi Exile that Revan was "power", that it was like staring into the heart of the Force....As a Sith Lord, Darth Revan used a variety of Force powers. He could use the Force to create a whirlwind of Force energ that would encircle his opponent. He also used the Force to grip and choke his enemies, and was proficient in the use of Force lightning, and was able to use the dark side of the Force to tap into his innermost fears, pain and hate, and convert them into intense anger, channeling it to increase his speed, strength, and ferocity. Revan also used powers that were able to afflict his opponents, and was capable of using the Mind trick. He also used the Jedi healing tehcnique.

Revan wins.

Who would win in a duel?

Revan used From VII fighting style, the most vicious form of lightsaber fighting. It was also the most difficult and demanding style. Revan fought in an age that was mostly lightsabers and vibroswords, Luke came from a time with loads of blasters. That there gives Revan an advantage. And think about all the people Revan defeated:
Echani General and Senator Yusanis
Mandalore the Ultimate
Darth Malak
Two Terentateks
And hundreds and hundreds of Mandalorians, Jedi, and Assassins.

Revan Wins.

Revan was a General, and the only reason the republic won the Mandalorian wars. And he was considered extremely charismatic, thus making him a better leader. As for being a soldier, they both were, so that comes to a tie. Thus meaning:

Revan wins.

I never thought of Revan as a romancer.

Luke Wins.

Who is plain cooler?

Revan always looks so sweet, with his mask and awesome robes. Luke, not so much.

Revan wins.

That is why my vote goes for Revan.

-RevRevGar
Plokoon13
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:19:08 AM

Luke was the son of the chosen one and exceeded yoda and other great masters through his self-training. I believe Luke was more powerful in the force but knew so many less tecniques than Revan, who was trained heavily in both the Sith and Jedi arts extensively and used his powers without restraint unlike luke.

Luke would probably win through raw power.

Dueling.

Revan used Jar'Kai/Vaapad along with many other forms and mastered those others. Luke used an extremely mixed up fighting style that was based around Djem So...Revan would naturally be surprised by the strange style but would be far better in an actual fight due to his near constant fighting of others with lightsabers, unlike Luke who only occasionally fought with his lightsaber.

Revan would win due to experience.

Leader

As a Grand Master Luke wasn't the greatest...he was seen as powerful and strong but not the most charismatic as stated before...Revan was an extremely strong and persuasive leader...luke also stopped being a soldier early on in his life, and so would be out of practice while Revan continued to command or be commanded like a soldier for most of his known life.

Revan wins as soldier and leader

Romance...Luke wins hands down...he got Mara, his enemy to marry him.

Cooler...Revan...Luke just doesn't have all that cool of stuff while Revan had a sweet ship and sweet armor and mask.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:20:52 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Meh, Revan's "greatness" is a video game based fanwank.
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 7:30:06 AM

Gotta put my vote in for my hommy from the rebels, besides grand master luke skywalker would kick his ass anyway.
joelker41
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:00:27 AM

Nightwalker wrote:
Gotta put my vote in for my hommy from the rebels, besides grand master luke skywalker would kick his ass anyway.

10 bucks says a full power/knowledge Revan would wipe the floor with Luke.

GMLS is an exaggeration of Luke's lightsaber ability. Revan could take on most of the jedi council at his time and Malak could only semi keep pace by cheating.

Luke wasnt a smart grand master nor was he a lead by example guy. He couldnt beat the vong without his niece and nephew, he was tricked by his own nephew, and he couldnt outright beat even a conflicted Vader, and Vader is definitely not on par with Revan (granted that wasnt a full power luke but still).

Full power revan would fight hard, long, and dirty to win, and his knowledge of the force alone would give luke enormous trouble.
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:35:44 AM

Power: Luke

Duels: Revan

Leader: Tied for me

Woman: Luke, He has Mara Jade

Coolness: Revan

Now in these catagories, they are tied, but my vote goes to Luke, simply because he could wup Revan's buttThumbsUp

yodaccm
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:01:03 AM

Luke had little to no formal Jedi training like Revan did during the Old Republic, and Luke still succeeded in becoming the greatest Jedi ever. Luke would beat Revan in a duel, then help him back to the light of the Force. If Revan tried to pull some cheap Sith move, Luke would simply chop off his head like he did Lumiya.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:19:25 AM

Revan is 10x better then luke in all most anyway!...except women...
da_man
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:28:56 AM

reven powns in the cool department! a sith lord is way better than a stinky little jedi. jedi always won using overwhelming numbers. while on the other hand, there is only two sith.

there shall always be two sith. no more, no less.
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:30:57 AM

Revan is my favorite character, luke is just boring, Revan would win against luke anytime because hes more experienced(someone probably liked him just they might of died if he was mad!).
my vote went to revan.
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:55:09 AM

Revan. I'm gonna let everyone else who voted for Revan do the explaining as to why he would win. But no matter who you vote for, you still have to admit that Revan looks the coolest.
Partof1
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:04:35 AM

Luke spawned an entire saga, refounded a whole Jedi order, amd blew up a Death Star with only two proton torpedoes. Luke wins.ThumbsUp
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:08:52 AM

acutally the sega was formed around vader.
and have luke go against the entire sith fleat that keeps spawning by the star fordge!
Lukes reinfocements would run out, and revan is a better overall fighter and war tactition.
vanlanning
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:13:37 AM

Revan is way more powerful, just look at the minis. JA doesn't count, it's not out yet!RollEyes
who would win in a duel, well that's revan.

Revan is both a leader and a soldier and a fighter, and a nasty both. He wins.

Women...

Revan looks and is cooler! end of story!
Lachesis
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:45:35 PM

revan by far. it should be known that every great sith lord after revan, used knowledge that raven past on to grab the universe by his balls

Who would win in a duel?
luke skywalker hardly used his lightsaber, cause he had like 1 person he faught with it till he was in his 30s.

Revan was a general, and his army was so vast and unstopable that he himself was the only person who could stop it. which he did

revan got bastila, luke got ..... leia..... sorry i dont want to **** my sister, oh and mara jade who was the emporers hand, who knows what kind of favors she had to do

Who is plain cooler?a
Revan, he goes from Jedi, to uber sith of the Universe back to master of the jedi.
luke has wavey hair

So right about here is where you put your vote, Revan or Luke? revan

also it should be known that im 100% bias, and luke skywalker is a poohead

luke hates thrawn
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 12:52:46 PM

Luke found a hot red head! that is very rare......................

A guy said I looked like Luke last week (not the first time) so GO LUKE!!!!!!!!!!
mrtyler7
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:51:26 AM

I have to go with Luke at his prime. I think the books have almost made him into a Deux ex Machina, a la Gandalf. They have to spend almost as much time trying explain why he can't just swoop in and defeat anyone now (possibly falling to the dark side and whatnot). He has been shown to have mastery over almost all force techniques, to be the Master swordsman, so on and so on. Its almost a little silly how powerful they have made him in the Legacy Books.
amsnow
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 3:55:32 AM

mine is revan hands down, i dont know who would win a fight but who cares luke cries too much. and i think revan got better ladies, luke is incesed! bastilla all the way
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2009 6:10:53 AM

I am actually surprised that we have a 17-17 tie going right now, I thought it would be all for Luke, few for Revan. But now my faith has grown. Go Revan!

-RevRevGar