RegisterDonateLogin

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Playoffs) (Spring 2024) Options
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2024 6:51:47 PM
Groups: Member

Quick rules questions:

--Why did Embo (with Acrobatic) take AoO damage when he moved away from Kkruhk and Luke (with the Talon move)?

--It made sense to kill R2 in the final round...but aren't door checks made at the end of a character's turn? If that's the case, then the door would've still been closed and Embo would've been locked in there with Han (even with R2 dead).

The thing is, if Embo shouldn't have taken that AoO earlier then the door question wouldn't have mattered anyway because he would've had 70hp at the start of that round (and therefore unkillable unless Han rolls a crit), rather than 50.

Regardless, this was a barn-burner of a game! Most impressive.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, April 28, 2024 10:55:41 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

thereisnotry wrote:
Why did Embo (with Acrobatic) take AoO damage when he moved away from Kkruhk and Luke (with the Talon move)?

Revan has Jedi Reflexes, and he was the one making the attack of opportunity.

thereisnotry wrote:
It made sense to kill R2 in the final round...but aren't door checks made at the end of a character's turn? If that's the case, then the door would've still been closed and Embo would've been locked in there with Han (even with R2 dead).

You are correct. I didn't notice this error until a few minutes after the game was over, and figured it was too late to get them to come back online and replay from that point, even though it would most likely have flipped the result.

It's an easy mistake to make, since the card text of Override says that it goes away when the character is defeated. So it's natural to assume that after R2 is destroyed, the door is open to walk through. But as you say there's no door check in the middle of a turn, and the glossary of Override clarifies that Override only goes away at the end of the turn in which the character is defeated.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2024 3:57:21 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
You are correct. I didn't notice this error until a few minutes after the game was over, and figured it was too late to get them to come back online and replay from that point, even though it would most likely have flipped the result.

It's an easy mistake to make, since the card text of Override says that it goes away when the character is defeated. So it's natural to assume that after R2 is destroyed, the door is open to walk through. But as you say there's no door check in the middle of a turn, and the glossary of Override clarifies that Override only goes away at the end of the turn in which the character is defeated.

Wait, so I could've won if I could have rolled 3 3s lol. Oh well, was still fun.
Mando
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2024 6:23:29 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
Mando wrote:
congrats N3rd on the win! this is a very hard tournament to get 1st place in, so major kudos for you for winning the Galactic Escalation 2024 Spring Tournament! Next tournament in this format will be in the Fall of 2024. I liked how the divisions worked out this time around and will keep that going for the next tournament and hopefully we can get even more people to sign up! Thank you to all who participated in this years tournament! was very fun and lots of lead changes in the standings and close games. ThumpUp BlooMilk

Hey Mando! We would be remiss to not thank you for organizing this really fun and amazing tourney format not just once, but twice a year! You put the "Man" in Mando ( sorry I know I'm being a tad cheeky LOL ), but seriously though, shout out to you for keeping this thing going, especially during the slow parts of the year. Looking forward to playing again in the Fall. May the Force be with you my friend, always........................BlooMilk

It's my pleasure to run this event twice a year and knowing that people enjoy the format makes it worth it to me! Lots of fun squad building opportunities and we've seen a large variety of squads, so I'm really thrilled to see the participation and ingenuity these last couple years running this. I'm glad to see how the format has grown and improved. Thank you to all who give this unique format a try every year and compete! BlooMilk ThumbsUp BlooMilk Really fun to see what is good at all the point levels throughout the tournament. Woot