RegisterDonateLogin

If you strike Bloo Milk down, it shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Force Pull? Options
swmtrader
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:39:31 AM
Groups: Member

Will they ever have Force Pull? It may look like

Force Pull 2, Range 6: 20 damage to target and move target two squares towards active character, save 11. Character targeted by Force Pull gains flight until end of the active character's turn.

They could have Force Pull 3, and Force Pull 4....What do you guys think?Confused It may look like that or may be different.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 9:51:37 AM

Sounds good to me! That would be a great additino to the game.
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:13:25 AM

The person that is pulled shouldn't gain flight. Gains more dmage by AoOs!!!
awesome
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:17:10 AM

I think it should be more like this (force 2, useable only on this characters turn, pull selected target 6 squares towards this character aoo's still apply the selected target is activated save of 11)

this is so you can give massive damage on Aoo's and still use triple and double attack since its useable on your turn
Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:35:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

awesome wrote:
I think it should be more like this (force 2, useable only on this characters turn, pull selected target 6 squares towards this character aoo's still apply the selected target is activated save of 11)

this is so you can give massive damage on Aoo's and still use triple and double attack since its useable on your turn

Thats cool but I think this might work better;

Force Pull (Force 2: pull target character within 6 squares adjacent to this character.)
Shadowdragon
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 11:17:22 AM

Hmmm...The idea is good. Needs some finetuning. Let's try:
Force Pull 2: Force 2: usable only on this characters turn, if this character uses this ability, this character is limited to one attack this turn: 10 Damage to target and target is moved 2 squares closer to this character.
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 11:35:39 AM

I like awesome's idea best. You can be on a side of a pit and an enemy on the other side. Figure it out!!!
sharron
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 3:36:38 PM

i agree with awesome also.
chewbrocoli
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:11:22 PM

How about...
Force Pull(Force 2, useable only on ths character's turn, sight: Move target charcter within 6 squares of this character if large[4x4 base] or smaller.)
markedman247
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 12:29:03 AM

I think there is some overthinking here.

1) The precident of AoOs for Force Push and Force Repulse has been set. These abilities do not trigger AoOs. They are involuntary movement abilities. They would gain flight by default. Therefore, it would safe to assume that Force Pull would fit the same criteria.

2) Force Repulse and Force Push both fall into two categories: Replace Attacks and Replace Turn. It would be safe to assume that Force Pull would be somewhat similiar, as well.

So using those blueprints:

Here's the definition of Force Push 2 as a baseline:
Force Push 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; push back target 2 squares if Huge or smaller)

So, Force Pull 2 would be something like this:
Force Pull 2: (Force 2, replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage; move target towards character 2 squares if Huge or smaller)

You can expand from there for more powerful abilities. As much as people want new snappy abilities, most of the time they follow existing abilities. I believe the creative crew is a bit of a fan of "cut and paste" jobs. :)
Shadowdragon
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:16:24 AM

Well, I think Force pull 2 should do 10 damage and pull three sqaures. The intent is the movement, more then the damage. Hey, maybe WOTC could put this own a new Ki-Adi-Mundi!
DeliahBlue
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:23:19 AM

I believe it should have a save and it should bring them adjacent if they fail the save.
So something like:
Force Pull (Force 1, useable only on this character's turn; move enemy character within 6 squares to nearest adjacent square of force user, save 11)

That way you can still attack them with a melee character but they can still avoid the affects.
(posted by Imyurhukaberry...under wife's account)
Cordova
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:43:50 AM

DeliahBlue wrote:
I believe it should have a save and it should bring them adjacent if they fail the save.
So something like:
Force Pull (Force 1, useable only on this character's turn; move enemy character within 6 squares to nearest adjacent square of force user, save 11)

That way you can still attack them with a melee character but they can still avoid the affects.
(posted by Imyurhukaberry...under wife's account)

I like that idea, it doesn't seem to me that it's really a damaging power per se, simply put there to maneouvre the enemy about.

That said higher versions coul affect the save/do damage,
E.g.
Force Pull 2 (Force 2, useable only on this character's turn; enemy character takes 10 damage, move enemy character within 6 squares to nearest adjacent square of force user, save 6)

Force Pull 3 (Force 3, useable only on this character's turn; enemy character takes 20 damage, move enemy character within 6 squares to nearest adjacent square of force user)