RegisterDonate Login

Official beverage of the Boonta Eve Classic.

Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 25,682 Comments12345...514Next
swinefeld
6/23/2018 5:41:53 AM

^ very fair point, post errata.
gholli69
6/23/2018 4:42:03 AM

The big problem with the Naboo pilots was their ability to hand out twin death shots, this still allows them to have their place but keeps them from being ridiculous without the twin on the way out.
swinefeld
6/23/2018 1:18:59 AM

Better yet, Palps on Throne (freaking Emplacement!) has Evade. May as well have had DR10 and Energy Shield or some such extrapolation. I'm not a fan of the BoT Naboo pieces for more reasons than I care to go into, so I won't, other than to say they were/are an outlier that did not consider future design well at all.
shmi15
6/22/2018 11:30:20 PM

Space Force is now a real thing. So I no longer consider this Space Fantasy :) And this is still one of the worst pieces released in a very long time. We went through the Naboo Pilot fad once, I will never understand why you want it to come back.
Caedus
6/22/2018 5:30:06 PM (Updated: 6/22/2018 5:30:54 PM)

no, only if it's affected by ally abilities or CEs. So it's own intuition doesnt affect it, but Talon's pseudo intuition does .
crazybirdman
6/22/2018 4:40:02 PM

Does the CE affect characters that have an ability that let's themselves move out of turn?
droidadmiral
6/17/2018 10:04:51 PM

what a fantastically over powered piece
General_Grievous
6/13/2018 5:53:34 AM

So what was the verdict on these guys? Can we give them grenades/heal/satchel with some tinkering?
General_Grievous
6/12/2018 5:01:37 PM

No he can be brought in normal 200 point squads, works quite well with Grievous HoH, Asajj nightsister or the NR-99
adamb0nd
6/12/2018 3:47:53 PM

Is this guy epic only?
Lily_Wan
6/12/2018 1:48:11 PM

Is she meant to cost two less in a squad with another one of her?
gholli69
6/11/2018 3:41:49 AM

It was Talon, Cad, Bomo, Todo, Morrigan, Mara Jade smuggler, and a couple of uggies.
TheHutts
6/11/2018 2:12:49 AM

I saw it on Facebook before and can't find it now, but there was Talon Kardde, Cad Bane, and Todo 360 from memory.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
6/11/2018 2:02:42 AM

What was the rest of the squad?
TheHutts
6/11/2018 1:09:14 AM

Won the 2018 Indiana Regional!
cassekiel
6/7/2018 11:49:08 PM

You cannot do anything other than move up to 6 squares using intuition, which takes place after initiative but before the first activation. Once the round starts he can take his turn as normal. His turn and intuition are isolated events.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
6/1/2018 9:05:25 AM

The various Delta Support abilities added in Vset 8 seem badly worded. A Republic Commando, in the normal sense, would mean a character of the Republic faction whose name contains commando or who has the Commando SA. D Formation Support, etc, should have followed the WOTC precedent of D Shield Support and have specified "name contains Republic Commando". Just saying "Republic Commando ally" is confusing. I'm guessing the proper wording was omitted for card space?
droidadmiral
5/31/2018 2:32:59 PM

got to love when an overpowered piece gets cast into oblivion because of the inevitable overpowered pieces that come out to combat the first overpowered piece lol.
Darth_Frenchy
5/25/2018 2:07:08 PM

One of the many reasons you should only be allowed 100 to 200 reinforcement points to choose from. Unlimited options is rediculous...
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/25/2018 5:33:57 AM (Updated: 5/25/2018 6:38:06 AM)

Oh, I didn't remember/ know of Wuher when I was bemoaning this character! It is annoying to have to put him in, but that's a lot better than losing Intuition. Cool, I can still play BXs by themselves if I wanted to, just have to lose a bit of support. (I still maintain that the CE should never have been added though.)
jen'ari
5/25/2018 4:41:59 AM

Right, if we keep countering everything squad building will be reduced to countering counters
TheHutts
5/25/2018 4:17:00 AM

It's kind of annoying to pay an extra 9 points to make your squad playable, but it's probably worth it given how common Lobot is.
TheHutts
5/25/2018 3:55:09 AM

If you want to counter him, you can build Wuher into your base build.
Oakel
5/23/2018 6:20:34 PM

All I can see is that we have a conversation comparing Tolkien to MCU on a star wars themed board gaming site. Which clearly tells me that you are all NERDS... and I'm proud to be a part of it.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/23/2018 4:32:44 AM

Of course changes are to be expected- they are rewriting the universe and changing the storyline for the big screen. I don't grudge them those changes. Of course many things remained the same- you could hardly drastically change the backstory of Thor etc. Again, the MCU is not trying to align perfectly with the comics, which is what Shadow of Mordor purports to do.
5/23/2018 4:08:46 AM

^I disagree regarding the MCU; I think it's fairly faithful in many ways (Thor and Doc Strange's origins for example, are pretty consistent with the 616 ones). So I actually think that in many ways it IS faithful. Its just (again), there are changes. But that's to be expected.
5/21/2018 9:00:17 PM

^Not so; she doesn't have Sith Sorcery, which was a major power of hers and one she was supposed to specialize in. Without it, this Zannah will never be complete.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/20/2018 5:20:31 AM

The MCU never pretended to be "faithful" to the comics. It's less of an adaptation of them and more a new story taking characters and ideas from them. On the other hand, SoM/W is very much an adaptation, and the developers constantly said it would be respectful of and align with canon. It doesn't. We probably shouldn't be having this discussion here though.
5/20/2018 12:42:25 AM

@gandalf: I disagree. I thought Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War DID rock. Yes, it made changes to Tolkein's world, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing; the MCU films are different from the comics, but they're still great movies. I enjoy SoM and SoW, and not just as games. As for this mini, he doesn't seem as bad as his low score would suggest. Nothing exemplary, but nothing awful either.
5/20/2018 12:39:59 AM

*Sharp whistle*. Phew, that's a lot of SAs for one mini, especially one costing that little.
HanSolo79
5/18/2018 5:07:54 PM

Yeah, I can't really understand why he's not getting better ratings imo... (shrug) whiners?
TimmerB123
5/14/2018 6:52:35 PM

Two 2018 regional top 4 showings so far. So much fun to play. Add Kelborn for mobility to the max. Awesome seeing Mandos swarming all around (with flight) while relentlessly pursuing their quarry. If you out activate your opponent your movement options are amazing. If not, swat someone for 70 damage (assuming adjacent and protective).
5/12/2018 4:29:50 PM

@RP: Part of why he's not very good. I do love the sculpt, but even with a low cost, his Heal ability just isn't enough on it's own to make him very viable. Rodian Trader from GaW is better, because he can give multiple allies Heal and has slightly better stats. He costs more, but he's also more worth the investment.
EmporerDragon
5/12/2018 4:24:16 AM

No. Characters with a Damage stat of 0 cannot combine fire nor can other characters combine fire with them.
EmporerDragon
5/12/2018 4:21:22 AM

Yes. Evade and other such abilities only negate the damage, they do not change the fact that the character was hit.
Random_Poop
5/12/2018 1:56:50 AM

If you hit and someone Evades successfully, does the targeted character still have to roll for Jolt? Because they are "hit".
Random_Poop
5/12/2018 1:55:39 AM

Can he combine fire with other allied characters?
jen'ari
5/11/2018 3:03:53 PM

the movement pre-round is an isolated event. you just move up to 4. he then takes his normal turn that round within the limits of the character like normal
MinnesotaMiller
5/11/2018 1:12:13 PM

I'm confused by Intuition. It says "this character can immediately move up to his speed before any other character activates". Does that mean I could, after initiative, move 6 spaces (my speed), attack, and then move another 6 spaces? Or can I only move 6 spaces (from intuition) and attack, having already used up my speed during intuition? Additionally, could I move 4 spaces (from intuition), attack, and then move another 2 spaces?
5/11/2018 11:27:28 AM

Not as useless as he looks, especially with Jabba. Still not my favorite Unique in this set by any stretch though.
5/11/2018 11:26:22 AM

Not terrible, but as someone who recently ordered a BH booster, I really don't want her to be the Unique I get. She's OK, but no substitute for Jango, Boba, Vader, or heck, even Bossk.
5/11/2018 4:16:58 AM

Kind of curious as to why he's a Mon Calamari.
FlyingArrow
5/10/2018 7:17:46 PM

He's really bad.
FlyingArrow
5/9/2018 2:32:53 PM

Yes. And a Spotter mounted on this guy affects everyone adjacent to this guy. Powerful stuff.
General_Grievous
5/9/2018 11:56:58 AM

Just confirming a spotter adjacent to this guy is adjacent to everyone mounted on the NR as well yes?
5/9/2018 4:45:26 AM

Surprised that 1) It took so long to do this one, and 2) that he doesn't have Jedi Hunter. Still great though.
5/9/2018 4:44:20 AM

Upgraded version of the old CS Dark Side Acolyte. About time they did this one.
5/9/2018 4:43:20 AM

^They were great before, as I believe I mentioned on their page a few years back.
5/9/2018 4:42:50 AM

"Adjunta Pall"? Seems someone made a typo.
Showing 1 - 50 of 25,682 Comments12345...514Next