RegisterDonate Login

Re-released with special features.

Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 25,549 Comments12345...511Next
gandalfthegreatestwizard
4/19/2018 8:39:48 PM

As for the latter, yes. I don't know the answer to the first question.
Deaths_Baine
4/19/2018 3:29:34 PM

so... how would this work in respect to something like.... stifling attack? Their Force powers cannot be cancelled or prevented from affecting characters.) so can i respond or not? i would assume i still wouldnt be able to lightsaber defense or block. also does this mean that i can use unleash the force or something on vong?
TheHutts
4/17/2018 9:53:13 PM (Updated: 4/17/2018 9:53:29 PM)

He's definitely a Lobot option for me if I'm facing accurate or want distraction.
Deaths_Baine
4/17/2018 9:03:13 PM

this guy is so good. I wish he was in more stuff.
General_Grievous
4/16/2018 6:53:39 PM

Perfect thanks! I knew there was some weird workaround there. How does it relate to things like damage Reduction and armour?
FlyingArrow
4/16/2018 6:29:33 PM

Correct. She only suppresses the character she targets, so allies can use abilities to help. An ally's Energy Shield works, as does an ally's Defender or Force Barrier.
TimmerB123
4/16/2018 6:16:45 PM

I believe the ruling was that if she hits the actual character with it ( commando droid spotter, etc) then it works. But if she shoots that character's allies who are benefiting from energy shield - she'd have to make the save.
General_Grievous
3/23/2015 3:02:39 PM (Updated: 4/16/2018 3:56:16 PM)

Pretty solid ability and glad it isn't too distributed
General_Grievous
4/16/2018 3:55:46 PM

Does suppressive fire work against energy shield? Or does she still have to roll to see if the hit connects.
Jakster
8/30/2016 1:18:01 AM (Updated: 3/31/2018 1:49:30 PM)

A man has got to do, what he's got to do. My goal in life now is to correct 2 typos in the next 8 year span...
CorellianComedian
3/29/2018 4:55:50 AM (Updated: 3/29/2018 4:56:34 AM)

Wow. Not many comments on this piece for how popular and powerful it is. All normal piece discussion aside, cowboy Yoda is probably one of the strangest additions Star Wars has ever seen - and that's saying something.
CorellianComedian
3/29/2018 4:53:15 AM (Updated: 3/29/2018 4:53:29 AM)

Yeah, I guess Republic didn't really need GMA at the time. Would it have done that much harm, though? I think YoBuck is really the only piece that would have gotten a little crazy with GMA. I guess 90 damage from 16 squares is a little over the top, but most other pieces wouldn't break the game. Maybe a Mace Windu would've gotten table time.
TheHutts
3/29/2018 3:00:14 AM

I always think Rebels were best, since they won Gencon 2010, although Yobuck was certainly good too. GMA on Yobuck might have been interesting, but you have to fit in a 22 point piece that's a negligible attacker.
cassekiel
3/29/2018 2:38:32 AM

I think giving out greater mobile to the Republic at that time would have broken them. They were already probably the most powerful faction at the end of the wizards game. Now in the Old Republic....totally justified
General_Grievous
3/28/2018 9:10:15 PM (Updated: 3/28/2018 9:15:44 PM)

Question with his CE as it's popping up more these days in the North. If a character has mettle, ranged defense expert, and master of the force 2, how many times can he roll/reroll a save and what kind of modifiers does he get to each those saves?
General_Grievous
3/25/2018 1:12:27 PM

Sweet kind of fun haha
AceAce
3/25/2018 12:44:28 PM

I guess he could. Not considered but why not?
AceAce
3/25/2018 12:41:48 PM

Oh yeah, 5 point Threepio in a chair has evade, let's be real if you use an argument of logic over the fact that it is space fantasy
AceAce
3/25/2018 12:39:03 PM

Survival expert was because his droid brought him luck and it was easier to use an existing ability to describe the effect of the desired ability. Can you understand all of that?
General_Grievous
3/25/2018 7:08:52 AM

So question, what happens if this guy is riding mount on the NR-99, can he just do his normal turn and then push the NR in any direction?
Jargon Madjin
3/23/2018 11:55:38 PM

I remember Juhani from Knights of the Old Republic on the original Xbox (Also available on the Xbox marketplace for about $20), I recall having Juhani in my squad all the time too
CorellianComedian
3/20/2018 2:25:42 AM (Updated: 3/20/2018 2:26:33 AM)

Haven't played them yet, but looking forward to it! This looks like a great piece! It's kinda funny, though - almost overnight, the popular fringe build went from whatever it was before to "how can we break Z-LOM?" I've seen several squads that are pretty much small tech crews following them around.
cassekiel
3/19/2018 12:40:19 AM

^Maybe a little but I think he was actually designed to be a generic Mical from kotor2
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/16/2018 10:39:40 PM

Now that we have Death Star Engineer as an ability, can we get the real Death Star Engineers, Bevel Lemelisk and Qwi Xux, as characters? That would be cool.
FlyingArrow
3/16/2018 4:43:00 PM

On the other hand, two enemies in the same phase could kill him easily.
jen'ari
3/16/2018 4:41:50 PM

glossary: Instead of making its normal attack or attacks, this character removes 20 points of damage from an adjacent living character or itself. Heal can't raise a character's Hit Points above its starting amount.
Darth_Frenchy
3/16/2018 4:08:31 PM

Can he heal himself?
FlyingArrow
3/16/2018 3:57:20 PM

If he's the last man standing against a single enemy, he can't die until the opponent gets 2 turns in a row (i.e. go last one round and first the next round). Otherwise, if he Heals every round, Lucky Break keeps him alive.
FlyingArrow
3/16/2018 3:54:22 PM

Pretty good unavoidable damage.
EmporerDragon
3/16/2018 2:07:37 PM

@BROVVNIE: A Character is never their own ally, so a single sergeant would not get the abilities. However, if you had 2 of them, they would both benefit from each other. An easy way to note if a character is included in their own ability or CE's qualifications is if it uses the words "characters in your squad", like what you see in Nom Anor's CE.
jen'ari
3/16/2018 2:03:01 PM

^ during discussion some people really wanted to make sure it could be in Imperials. I suggested that he only be subject to CE's from Palps and Tarkin. which is probably the most thematic anyway.
shmi15
3/16/2018 1:36:17 PM

So... With all do respect... Why was Affinity on here at all this way? If he can't be in a squad with any Commanders, he prob won't be in any Imp squad. It seems like a complete waste of space.
jen'ari
3/16/2018 10:52:29 AM (Updated: 3/16/2018 11:35:55 AM)

Affinity for krennic made no sense. So I am glad it is gone. Just a simple understanding of the word affinity makes that true. Never have two people that hate each other had affinity. I just think the flawed design process is really really odd...
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/16/2018 8:46:16 AM

He doesn't get Synchronized Fire or Shields 2. I believe he does get +10 damage from his CE if an Order 66 ally combines fire on his attack, though the wording isn't exactly clear. But he can't combine fire to give another character extra damage.
BROVVNlE
3/16/2018 6:42:15 AM

Does he receive his special abilities and CE? Can he fire with added damage, can he be the one to combine fire?
Darth_Frenchy
3/16/2018 6:20:38 AM

As I recall this was found to be the thematic preference. You can't build very good squads with him in imps, but it is for theme. Personally, I don't want to see this guy played with Thrawn. lol IMO, Affinity for Krennic would have made sense. Does a new ability that says "I have come to clean up your mess?" need to be made? Because that is exactly what Vader did... haha http://gph.is/2pfQkUA
CorellianComedian
3/16/2018 5:28:19 AM

"Per the published card..." so, it looks to me like the wrong version of Vader got put up in the first place, and this is what he's actually supposed to be?
shmi15
3/16/2018 5:14:11 AM

So what happened?
swinefeld
3/16/2018 5:07:50 AM

Don't recall the details, so I'll let the designers address the question. Just noting the correction per the published card.
jen'ari
3/16/2018 4:43:53 AM

Late design changes??? What was the discussion on that? I mean, I am all for getting away from lame krennic.. but no commanders? He works perfectly with tarkin and palps. I wish some actual discussion occurred before the changes
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/16/2018 3:45:43 AM

Interesting update. I wasn't aware that there was anything that powerful with this guy and Krennic/ Death Troopers. Now he really wants to be in the best low/no-commander squad the Imps have, Lothal, but obviously can't be. But I guess the Affinity was just for theme anyway.
swinefeld
3/16/2018 3:28:45 AM

Affinity updated for late design changes. Forgot to come back and edit. Apologies!
General_Grievous
3/15/2018 5:13:08 PM

I actually really want to run a Vong savage build and these guys may be the the piece I'm looking for.
swinefeld
3/14/2018 4:11:52 PM

Intentional? I dunno for sure, but when you consider how Yuuzhan Vong Collaborator works, I'd lean towards yes, intentional.
Darth_Frenchy
3/14/2018 3:15:46 PM

As I recall, with CE's effecting an enemy only happens if it specifically says so. Could be wrong about that...
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/14/2018 5:22:19 AM

Was it intentional for Thrackan's CE to boost enemy Peace Brigadiers as well as allied ones?
General_Grievous
3/12/2018 6:42:32 PM

If a character bound to a holocron boards a transport like Sith meditation sphere or the new Skiff is it protected from targeting?
Malfeasance
3/11/2018 6:45:43 PM

I feel like they should at least have an affinity for sith
Malfeasance
3/9/2018 7:16:43 AM

For two points more you get +3 defense +2 attack and flight over the regular battle droids. I think that's more than a fair trade. Paired with ggdac they will survive longer hit more often and can move more strategically. These are way lower rated than they should be
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/7/2018 5:32:52 AM (Updated: 3/7/2018 5:33:48 AM)

This is Disney Thrawn, right? It's probably because of the weapon he spars with in the video that CC posted the link to. Though I do agree that a blaster would make more sense in an actual battle, which is what skirmishes are. Perhaps balance? He'd be quite good with Tarkin just as an attacker if he was non-melee. Though still not worth his cost even then, so that's a weak argument.
Showing 1 - 50 of 25,549 Comments12345...511Next