RegisterDonate Login

It's not Bloo Milk's fault!

Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 26,871 Comments12345...538Next
4/8/2020 1:32:30 AM

As of right now, it doesn't look like it.
Cassus fett
4/5/2020 6:24:12 PM

Thanks man.
4/5/2020 4:56:52 AM

Ah yeah, that's a pretty fair point; I wasn't even thinking of that. Not really a good way to word it without excluding the Reek in that case; even if they had done something like "Counts ONLY as Anakin Skywalker" that STILL excludes it. Ah well, perhaps we'll get some kind of Geonosis Obi-Wan that boosts the Reek in the future.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
4/5/2020 4:38:02 AM (Updated: 4/5/2020 4:38:38 AM)

It was probably ObiKin that was the consideration- they would get access to Speed 8 and Evade through the Keeper of the Whills and a Klat Captain. It's not super efficient but they probably just didn't want to have to think about it then or design around it in future.
4/5/2020 4:32:34 AM

Not sure I understand why the Camaraderie is only for Medium Anakins: Was Anakin and Padme on Reek really played that often that it needed to be excluded?
FlyingArrow
4/5/2020 4:17:14 AM

It's a "tournament rule" that balances the game so well that I forget it's not in the rulebook. I don't know if I've ever played a game where the first player gets to activate two characters.
TimmerB123
4/5/2020 3:28:37 AM

Cassus - that is a tournament rule that has been used for many years now (14 years or so?), but it is not in the rulebook. It is a good rule. Too much advantage with a double first strike
Cassus fett
4/5/2020 1:31:48 AM

Thanks. I must be having a stroke or something. I just re-read my rules book and it says nothing about a first phase single activation. However, I also remember that being a thing. I don't know anymore. It's been a while...
4/4/2020 11:42:17 PM

Never thought I would see the day that this piece is objectively better than San Hill.....
4/4/2020 9:09:17 PM

I think he's talking about how in the first phase of a round you only activate one character normally; with the Senator's commander effect, if you go first you have a chance of activating two characters in that first phase. I like this piece; the Synergy is pretty scary (especially if used in a squad with Caedus Sith Lord to stack with that commander effect) and the commander effect is quite nice especially if you're using Aing-Tii Flow Walking as well.
4/4/2020 9:06:31 PM

Ultimate Sacrifice (Errata; The Rise of Skywalker edition): Roll 50,000 20 sided dice. If the result of all of the dice is a natural 20, remove this character from play, she is defeated; 20 damage to target enemy, ignoring cover; this damage cannot be prevented or redirected.
Cassus fett
4/4/2020 8:17:38 PM

The first phase of the game? As in the very first turn of the entire game?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
4/4/2020 8:11:50 PM

You can go with 2 in the first phase with this guy.
Cassus fett
4/4/2020 6:53:34 PM

Sorry, but am I missing something here? What is stopping me from activating two unique GAG characters already? Have I been gone so long there's been a change to the fundamental rules of the game?
DarkDracul
4/4/2020 6:01:27 AM

They have 20 hitpoints. lol
TimmerB123
4/1/2020 7:52:24 PM

Keep in mind it has to be adjacent. Why you would ever attack them directly when you have another adjacent enemy is beyond me. You'd have to use really specific placement to prevent Ven from Triple attacking (in Jen'ari's example). If you're attacking someone who this character is bodyguarding, just don't be adjacent to this character as well.
3/31/2020 11:55:01 AM

I like to sit a Neimoidian Warrior or two on top of the Telosian when I play this piece. It's a nice flat surface and it actually makes it seem more like the piece you're playing is Neimoidian :)
3/29/2020 3:31:39 AM

He brings Artoo-Detoo into Resistance Squads with allows for Such Devotion in a Droid as well as giving him Advanced Door Gimmick. But yes, other than that he really doesn't do much
3/29/2020 3:29:04 AM

@Victor Jane I would guess that if you used Homicidal Surgery with a piece with Damage Reduction it reduces the damage done to it by Evazan but at that point you might as well just use a healing piece honestly.
CorellianComedian
3/28/2020 2:49:20 PM

... why does he not have evade? He makes the 181st guys pretty neat, but shouldn't he himself have Evade?
CorellianComedian
3/28/2020 2:44:41 PM

I'm guessing so? I think allies are "legal targets" for anything that targets an ally (i.e. Dominate, Fire at Will, Medical Scan), so 3PO can be targeted by Missiles and such regardless of cover. I think the play here is to run him back next to something important in cover. Not sure if he'll make the trip, though, and he doesn't do anything else.
CorellianComedian
3/28/2020 2:41:04 PM

I like this piece. Has that classic feel to it: just a Triple/Ambush attacker with a nice wallet of force powers, but nothing crazy going on. Well... 90 damage from 10 squares out is pretty cool, but he's not a complicated piece.
3/28/2020 11:26:07 AM

The Reserves for this character aren't working in the Squad Builder as an FYI
3/28/2020 9:56:30 AM

Interestingly the commander effect also applies to the Kaminoan Clone Technician which I find pretty funny just to imagine one of those long-necked dudes wearing the clones' armor
3/28/2020 4:06:34 AM

The new Hunter Battle Droids with Thud Bug could be quite scary
3/28/2020 4:05:27 AM

I think the snowspeeders get a nice boost here; the Huge base and speed means they will be able to see a lot of pieces and the Attack boost is quite helpful. Rangeless means he can stay back and repair or Relay Orders to other pieces.
TimmerB123
3/28/2020 3:28:49 AM

interesting that droids are specifically subject to the effect.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/28/2020 3:21:35 AM

Which MWs/Larges would you pair him with?
TimmerB123
3/28/2020 3:17:31 AM

Diplomat with synergy is a great idea too!
TimmerB123
3/28/2020 3:13:25 AM

a 9 and a 10 rating? What am I missing?
TimmerB123
3/28/2020 3:01:55 AM

I think there is legit potential here
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/28/2020 1:37:18 AM

You're right, I was mistakenly including Splash.
TimmerB123
3/28/2020 1:19:05 AM

Randy won a regional with this guy + Sion, Nihilus and Kreia. It is nasty. Also - keep in mind with Force Attuned he can attack and Levitate or go 12 and levitate.
TimmerB123
3/28/2020 1:14:58 AM

how does he do 80? (20 base + 10 rage) x 2 twin = 60
FlyingArrow
3/21/2020 7:43:54 PM

Chance to improve your saves. Ability to add activations if massively out activated.
3/21/2020 5:22:09 AM

So is there a point to this now with the new changes to activation control?
FlyingArrow
3/16/2020 2:48:16 AM

He gets it pretty easily from Pote. It's harder to get from Tarpals since you have to get rid of Savage first.
CorellianComedian
3/15/2020 4:05:32 PM

Hahaha... Chomp can't actually kill anything. Also can be negated by Lightsaber Protection! That's amazing! Not a fan of the once-per-turn, but of course some nerf herder is gonna build an entire squad around giving it Overload. I'm not sure Double Chomp would be the worst thing in the world - strictly speaking the second Chomp is much weaker than the first one.
FlyingArrow
3/15/2020 2:59:16 AM

Missing: this Rancor has Camaraderie to give Malakili the Hutt Cartel identifier.
Rex_Moonwielder_1995
3/14/2020 3:24:42 PM (Updated: 3/14/2020 5:32:25 PM)

^Heh, you mistook which one I was referring to as my least favorite. I absolutely love Jango Fett, which is why I love this piece so much. XD
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/12/2020 7:30:06 PM

^Come on, Jango isn't that bad.
Rex_Moonwielder_1995
3/12/2020 4:25:44 PM

^I'm not sure I'd want to play one of my all-time favorite SW characters with one my least favorite Star Wars characters.
imyurhukaberry
3/6/2020 8:46:15 PM

Chomp...save 16...with Huge Walker...interesting
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/6/2020 7:52:55 PM

Pretty solid with the Geonosian Beast Handler giving them a free move/Triple Attack and Huge Walker.
TheHutts
3/5/2020 12:52:34 AM

I wonder if you can play him with Atris?
CorellianComedian
3/5/2020 12:27:13 AM (Updated: 3/5/2020 12:27:31 AM)

Oh I'm sure he is. Just annoyed that a piece designed to allow powerful low-act squads that can't be immediately gunned down by swarms of grunts was errata'd... because it allowed powerful low-act squads that can't be immediately gunned down by swarms of grunts. Sure, he only lost 2 defense, but if it's negligible enough that I shouldn't complain about it, it's negligible enough that it shouldn't have been changed.
Rex_Moonwielder_1995
3/4/2020 6:27:44 AM

^Is he still good?
CorellianComedian
3/4/2020 1:30:38 AM (Updated: 3/4/2020 1:30:48 AM)

Has anyone played against him and found it significantly easier to beat him with Solitary nerfed?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/3/2020 10:18:57 PM

I brought up the same thing. Designers wanted him to be an alternative to Karrde for Pirate squads, so they didn't want the two stacking. If it was up to me he'd have given out a straight +10 Damage and then he could have had something else and there'd be a reason to play Booster.
TimmerB123
3/3/2020 8:50:36 PM

bummer. Can't pair with Booster. Pirates aren't a big enough subfaction to split into smaller subfactions. I understand that it may be a good representation of Pyre, but I would have rather had a different pirate captain to help build the already existing threads for pirate builds
Showing 1 - 50 of 26,871 Comments12345...538Next