RegisterDonate Login

Surrounds us. Penetrates us. Binds the galaxy together.

Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 26,297 Comments12345...526Next
Oakel
12/12/2018 1:24:52 AM

There we go. I knew that something about that felt off. Thanks for straightening me out.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
12/12/2018 12:52:37 AM

No, he can't. Lightsaber Assault replaces attacks, and a character can normally only replace their attacks once per turn, as they only get to make their attacks once per turn. If Qui-Gon was a follower, he could use LS Assault twice with Captain Tarpals, but that isn't the case.
Oakel
12/12/2018 12:29:51 AM

Is he able to perform 2 LS Assault actions in one turn with MOTF2? Because I just realize that would enable him to make 8 attacks against a target with Ataru granting twin.
adamb0nd
12/10/2018 1:50:48 AM

This was one of my first rares. It was really good when my collection was starting out because it does a little of everything.
cassekiel
12/9/2018 3:12:07 AM

I finally decided to use them in a build. Me likey. 18 points might seem like a lot, but you get a lot I think for the cost
jen'ari
12/5/2018 3:45:52 AM

what would the ruling be on Force Lightning 2? that you choose 2 targets but what if there are only 2 or less other targets?
CorellianComedian
12/5/2018 12:38:10 AM

Just noticed that Lucky Break doesn't help unless he is targeted - so an unlucky Force Repulse or Flamethrower or something can take him down easily. Even Star Wars characters have insurance coverage problems.
CorellianComedian
11/29/2018 5:05:32 PM

How is that specifically melee hate? Free shots top-of-the-round, I'd think that would be best used to clear out fodder.
CorellianComedian
11/28/2018 11:35:14 PM

Every time I see a 4-LOM or Zuckuss (post Rebel Storm), I see a Rapport that could have been worth the ink used to print it. Rapport -1 for a Unique character is a waste of space on anything higher than 10 points.
CorellianTragedian
11/20/2018 11:12:52 PM

My coming was foretold. Behold, there is balance in the Force.
kezzamachineIII
11/20/2018 11:08:44 PM

Yes, Jedi kezza. I am you. Keezamachine, created from the hand you left behind in the Cloud City on Bespin. Wielding the lightsaber you lost there.
kezzamachineII
11/20/2018 10:57:06 PM

Ah... there's only two of me. There is no III.
CorellianComedian
11/20/2018 9:04:58 PM

I'm not sure I noticed Painful Screech before. I can definitely see it being useful, but at the same time it looks funny coming after Battering Charge. "Hmmm... do I do 10 damage to 3-4 characters, or tackle those same 3-4 characters for 40 damage and launch them away from me?" However, being automatic and having extended range does make it pretty useful.
CorellianComedian
11/20/2018 4:33:09 PM (Updated: 11/20/2018 4:34:40 PM)

Wow... um. This piece is suddenly way stronger than it needed to be, I think. I guess I didn't really think through what all it could do. For anyone interested, the second-to-last post here helps clarify why Gandalf is right: http://www.bloomilk.com/forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=21974
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/20/2018 3:25:33 AM

If taking damage from Bodyguard doesn't count as being damaged by an enemy, why does Resistance Chewie get a free barrage when Han dies bodyguarding him? The reason you can't link bodyguards is because it doesn't count as damage from an attack after it has been bodyguarded.
CorellianComedian
11/20/2018 2:44:13 AM

Wait... does Defensive Reflex trigger on Bodyguard? I don't think it does. Taking damage from Bodyguard doesn't count as being damaged by an enemy. I think Defensive Reflex doesn't trigger on Bodyguard for the same reason that you can't link Bodyguards.
jen'ari
11/19/2018 10:45:23 PM

Absolutely. Very helpful with Kyle katarn and also with kanan. I have not had much success with pure melee though
FlyingArrow
11/19/2018 9:26:26 PM

Anyone used these to any good effect before?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/19/2018 8:35:43 PM

I don't see how Solitary Attack would have helped. Giving characters Solitary Attack doesn't mean that they lose Double/Triple/Twin etc, it just means that they can't gain it. So if the CE just handed out Solitary instead of the restrictions, all the powerful Jedi like Mace LOTLS, Cin Drallig, GOWK and company would just be given a huge boost.
CorellianComedian
11/19/2018 8:02:06 PM

If only Solitary Attack had been around, that would have been helpful for simplifying her. Instead of specifying "does not have" all these abilities, she could have just handed out Solitary Attack alongisde the other abilities. Characters with Double/Triple/whatever already have that factored into their cost, so they still wouldn't benefit nearly as much as the Clone Strike/Revenge of the Sith Jedi without Double. Obi-Wans with Soresu Style Mastery would be a problem - Soresu Mastery + Shien + MotF2 would have been crazy.
CorellianComedian
11/17/2018 11:08:25 PM

I think this is the first time Grievous has been capable as a combatant and a commander at the same time.
kezzamachineIII
11/12/2018 4:05:01 AM

YUUUUUUSSSSSS! We're almost at a perfect 7 again. Help me CorellianTragedian, you're my only hope.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/12/2018 3:54:54 AM (Updated: 11/12/2018 4:00:34 AM)

It's not my alt, I swear. (I don't think I would call any alt I made "the worst wizard").
CorellianComedian
11/12/2018 3:46:52 AM (Updated: 11/12/2018 3:53:35 AM)

Ha. I see what you did there, kezza. EDIT: Wow. Gandalf too. I should get in on this.
gandalftheworstwizard
11/12/2018 3:08:50 AM

I have no idea.
kezzamachineIII
11/12/2018 2:22:16 AM

Are people making alt accounts to keep his rating above or below 7?
UnwillingWinter
11/12/2018 1:43:17 AM

Such a useful piece. Should be perfect 10.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/9/2018 12:20:17 AM

They do sort of stick out, don't they? The Calamarian and this guy are 2 of only 3 characters costed between 3-18 (the other is the Mouse Droid) with 20 def. The Nelvaanian is the second cheapest character with 18 def. It probably is an attempt to represent the large shields on the 3 minis.
CorellianComedian
11/8/2018 11:54:54 PM

What on earth happened with this set? Three grunts with absurdly high defense. Even the 9-point Nelvaanian is a brick wall in the world of grunts.
Deaths_Baine
11/7/2018 10:01:57 PM

In squad builder vergere does not show up when this guy is added.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/5/2018 8:23:55 PM (Updated: 11/5/2018 9:52:17 PM)

Good to have them mentioned here, maybe, but not so good to have a discussion about it here. Especially when the question is something that most people would never wonder about anyway and can be answered by looking at the glossary entry of follower.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/5/2018 9:51:55 PM

Discussion is alright, but this one has been rather unnecessary. I didn't think your question was trivial, but just the original question and answer would have been sufficient; all we did after that was misunderstand one another, clearly. And now I would like to stop adding more useless comments on this character, lol.
jen'ari
11/5/2018 8:58:23 PM

also, what defines an argument? do you think we were arguing?
jen'ari
11/5/2018 8:58:09 PM

but again why not? discussion is a good thing. no matter how trivial. If you think my question was too trivial, ignore it. I only wondered about it because it would make sense thematically and because I never did look up the term follower in the glossary.
CorellianComedian
11/5/2018 7:42:12 PM

I think the main reason for rules questions being in the rules forums is that it's easier to the rules guys to find, and more conducive to long rulings/discussions. But it's also really helpful to have those rulings mentioned on the page of the piece itself for easier access.
jen'ari
11/5/2018 10:46:02 AM

everyone says that, but who really cares that there are some comments on the piece? If I designed the piece I would want comments of whatever nature on the piece.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/5/2018 10:23:12 AM

Now I can see why we should be having these sorts of discussions in the rules forum instead of the comments.
jen'ari
11/5/2018 9:48:09 AM

... that's what I said
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/5/2018 6:17:33 AM

Exactly, which is why Exploit Vulnerability does not benefit enemies- because followers are only characters in your squad.
jen'ari
11/5/2018 5:35:21 AM

Well glossary spells out follower as in your squad. "A character in your squad who does not have a commander effect."
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/5/2018 4:16:22 AM

If that was true, Galen would give Deadly/Vicious to no one, as he without a commander effect could not have any followers, either enemy or ally. However, followers are always followers whether a character is a commander or not, because being a follower is determined entirely by whether they are in your squad and whether they have a commander effect, and not by their relationship to any other character.
jen'ari
11/5/2018 3:44:12 AM

But I took that as: Commanders are only in command of their followers. This is not a commander.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
11/5/2018 3:15:11 AM (Updated: 11/5/2018 3:16:49 AM)

When a CE says followers, does that include enemies without commander effects? No. Followers are only characters in your squad (unless "enemy followers" is specified).
jen'ari
11/5/2018 2:52:32 AM

question: Exploit Vulnerability says Rebel Followers within Line of Sight. Would this mean enemy Rebels as well?
Deaths_Baine
10/30/2018 12:24:45 PM

wow, the list of characters that can do a natural 90 damage, so no force powers or commander effects is actually pretty small and makes this character more impressive.
Deaths_Baine
10/29/2018 8:07:04 PM

being able to solo drop 90 without commander effects or force powers is actually pretty dang good.
Deaths_Baine
10/29/2018 8:00:13 PM

^^^ what do you mean Hutts? is that supposed to say feels inferior to Embo in most builds?
Fungmunk
10/29/2018 4:19:34 AM

So glad we could get it to a 7
Fungmunk
10/18/2018 11:25:33 PM (Updated: 10/29/2018 3:18:26 AM)

Excellent Piece. 10