RegisterDonate Login

Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 26,653 Comments12345...534Next
gholli69
8/19/2019 7:46:38 PM

Have to agree with Tim on this one, it is too easy to abuse. Sure it costs you a 5 point piece to pull off, but having the choice to turn San and Ozzie either off or on by bringing in said 5 point piece is really valuable. I would say it really isn't much different than thrawn swapping a 3 point Rodian to its death. Sure the Rodian cost 3 points but it is well worth the trade to keep your big attacker safe.
TimmerB123
8/19/2019 4:27:13 PM

Or, you know, just bring in a porg with Lobot to shut off your own Ozzel or San Hill if you outactivate anyway. Porgs made San Hill and Ozzel better.
jak
8/14/2019 8:48:05 PM

stupid Porgs......stupid in the movie..........stupid here too...............
FlyingArrow
8/14/2019 3:50:12 PM (Updated: 8/14/2019 3:50:49 PM)

@TimmerB - okay I missed your earlier comment. I'm not seeing Momaw+Porgs as being a great combo. You're spending 20pts of Lobot Reinforcements to turn off San/Ozzel. Then to turn it back on, you kill Porgs that are worth points. You turn San or Ozzel into a lesser-Dodonna for the cost dedicating all Reinforcements to it plus giving your opponent 5-20pts toward victory. If you can make it work, more power to you, but it doesn't look like a winning move to me.
FlyingArrow
8/14/2019 3:19:41 PM (Updated: 8/14/2019 3:20:15 PM)

Porg's Nest "suppresses allied commander effects that alter the number of activations per phase." So I'm not sure what you mean by turning activation control on and off at will. If you have a Porg, then your own San, Dodonna, and Ozzel are suppressed. Maybe on a per-skirmish basis based on whether you bring in a Porg through Reinforcements. Or whether you kill your Porg with an MTB. Is that what you meant?
FlyingArrow
8/14/2019 3:15:50 PM

"The brought in porgs bring your total gambit past 200? Has that ever happened before?" Yes - Reserves are also worth points when defeated.
TimmerB123
8/14/2019 12:38:47 PM

The point is that there are ways to abuse it WITH act control. Unlike Dodonna (who really has no downside), San And Ozzel are a double edged sword. This takes away the bad edge. You can turn it on and off at will. As an avid player of Ozzel and San, I can tell you the worst scenario is having them and being outactivated. This gives you an “out”. It only encourages you to play activation control even more.
jen'ari
8/14/2019 10:37:59 AM

DarkDracul
8/14/2019 4:21:06 AM

f.y.i. Porgs brought in through Porg's Nest will cost 5 points when defeated. I'm not sure sacking 5 point characters would always work out in ones favor.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/14/2019 4:10:44 AM

@TimmerB- If you're running Ozzel or San and you're outactivated, you're probably facing Ozzel or San. I don't think a lower-act squad with act control being good against a higher-act squad with act control is necessarily a bad thing.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/14/2019 4:02:24 AM

The design rationale was that it stops Krayt's act control and MTB is most effective when you outactivate as well, so it doesn't work that great with either. Also you're still giving your opponent 5pts every time.
TimmerB123
8/14/2019 3:57:23 AM (Updated: 8/14/2019 3:57:41 AM)

Here’s some abuse - bring one in with Mowmaw through Lobot if you have San or Ozzel and you’re out-activated. The last thing you want is to have San or Ozzel and still be outactivated. Their CEs turn off, and you get some porgs to keep it close. Then when you kill a few enemy pieces and have enough to out-act, kill the porgs. Suddenly you now out-act. Best of both worlds. Thrawn/Ozzel/Lobot just got a lot better!
jen'ari
8/14/2019 3:53:40 AM

haha thats awesome^ 6 person squad including a MTB and a porg haha
TimmerB123
8/14/2019 3:50:05 AM

Perfect for reproducing sacrifices for Transfer essence or a Muun Tactics Broker. That’s what everyone was asking for, right? A way to make MTBs better?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/14/2019 3:04:19 AM

You can only use it once per round regardless of the number of characters with Porg's Nest.
jen'ari
8/14/2019 2:50:17 AM

If you have 2 porgs and out activated by 3 or more do you get to use Prg's nest once for the Porg 1 and once for Porg 2 and get 4 new porgs?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/13/2019 7:25:05 AM

The second half of this character's flavour text is very appropriate.
harryg
8/13/2019 12:39:21 AM

Is it not supposed to have Diminutive?
Rex_Moonwielder_1995
8/11/2019 11:03:08 PM

^Touche.
jen'ari
8/11/2019 11:31:02 AM

I guess i fail to see the build that is tier 1 ready.
jen'ari
8/11/2019 11:29:02 AM

Again why? The only ranged defense is cloaked. Which is shut down by disruptive and bastila. Rebels should deal with her easily enough. Her CE is not as powerful as leia's because it is limited to nightsister's.
TimmerB123
8/11/2019 3:01:46 AM (Updated: 8/11/2019 4:13:55 AM)

Not just a regular canon shot. A replaces action or turn ability canon shot. It’s Princess Leia (a tier one piece) plus, plus, plus. In Fringe! Also - there are a few nightsister pieces that are already good. Asajj Nightsister - awesome. Silri - Awesome. I almost ran a squad featuring her at Gen Con this year. I DID run Darth Maul DWO at GenCon this year. I swapped in the Nightsister Mother (with Pellaeon) a few years ago at Gen Con.
TimmerB123
8/11/2019 3:01:55 AM

If I had to pick my Gen Con squad for next year right now, the only trouble I’d have is which Momma T build to run. What does all this mean? She’ll be a gatekeeper. Everyone and their mom will run Vong and Pellaeon. You’ll have to have a plan on how to deal with her.
TheHutts
8/11/2019 12:36:22 AM

Chain Lightning makes her a bit of a scissors piece too.
FlyingArrow
8/10/2019 9:51:32 PM

Cannon shots and Cloaked are both very powerful Tier 1 abilities. She has both. With her Rapport, her effective cost can be really low... if you fit 4 or 5 Nightsisters in she's low 20s. But that Rapport is on pieces that are generally a bit underpowered to begin with (since we don't see Nightsisters at the top tables pre-Talzin). She's also 90hp of door control, which means you can save 5-10pts on door control filler, too.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/10/2019 8:23:26 PM

She lost a lot of PT games early on. Then she got multiple overhauls to make her a bit better since she was underwhelming, and ended up winning like one playtest out of several. Designers were aiming for power 9, and I don't think her design is any better than that. But maybe we just didn't find the right build.
jen'ari
8/10/2019 4:31:52 PM

I don't see why everyone is saying she is so powerful? What did pt say?
TimmerB123
8/10/2019 2:21:10 PM

Probably a good thing. She’s a power 10
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/10/2019 7:30:51 AM

The save bonus isn't going to be too helpful when outactivated, as by the time your opponent is attacking, all your Porgs will probably already have had their turns.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/10/2019 7:27:51 AM

I don't think one Ugnaught or Mouse less will end up making that much of a difference.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/10/2019 7:25:33 AM

Emphasis on fun- it won't be playable with a base +7 Attack.
DarkDracul
8/10/2019 6:39:53 AM

I know who's coming to Lobot's dance party whenever a Klat Capt. or Twi'lek BSV show up as Reinforcements . . .
DarkDracul
8/10/2019 6:28:39 AM

He could make for a fun squad with Fenn Rau.
DarkDracul
8/10/2019 6:27:03 AM

This could be dangerous!
DarkDracul
8/10/2019 6:25:22 AM (Updated: 8/10/2019 6:26:06 AM)

She was supposed to cost 28 but somehow quality control missed the error. I really hope the 3 additional points don't screw up the squad builds we intended.
DarkDracul
8/10/2019 6:14:55 AM

Adorable giving +2 to Saves is very useful to lower act squads who often end up making a lot of save rolls. Adorable also helps you activate your squad quicker to benefit from Porg's Nest. Which are good reasons for no target/sight requirement. I don't think Porgs needed anyone watching them to be cute or make babies. They could catch a dozen act tempo control squad with a few rounds of Porgs and defeated enemies, but yeah they probably won't help you catch up to a 30 act squad in a tournament setting. Fortunately, we haven't seen too many of those recently.
jen'ari
8/10/2019 4:43:30 AM

Most Dodonna Squads have 10-14 activations. That is why it might be a decent counter to Dodonna. My point is that out activate is still going to out-activate. 14 activations VS 22.
FlyingArrow
8/9/2019 12:41:01 PM (Updated: 8/9/2019 12:41:18 PM)

The Parry/Rolling Evade makes him potentially tanky, too.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/9/2019 11:31:27 AM

And if he's moving into or out of difficult terrain, you don't get an AoO at all.
gholli69
8/9/2019 11:24:14 AM

Oh wow, just realized how good explosive knives is on this guy. If you give him twin from Whorm, he can base you and then mobile away from you and do an additional 20 possible 40 damage at the end of turn. Best case scenario he is attacking anot enemy with melee attack while standing in terrain so he would be at +14 for 30 twice and can then mobile away with a chance to parry any AOO with a save of 9 and then deal an additional 20. I didn't think he was all that good at first glance but I am rethinking that.
kezzamachine
8/9/2019 10:13:41 AM

This guy!
kezzamachine
8/9/2019 10:09:01 AM

Love!
shmi15
8/9/2019 8:00:37 AM

I like the camaraderie for Dessel. Gloom Walkers are looking better and better. 1 or more tricks in this sub faction and they will become a fun squad type
shmi15
8/9/2019 7:58:37 AM

Love the sub faction love again. Keep this up and we will be able to hold legit theme tourneys
shmi15
8/9/2019 7:57:50 AM

I would have to build a squad to look at whats possible. The Force Awareness is pretty sweet, and I like Charging assault to hlp with moving... I wonder if a Revan swap squad would be good with him and some other dashing/charging Sith?
shmi15
8/9/2019 7:53:46 AM

I like that soldiers boost her attack... I do agree with the 1 base attack, but I do like some of the tricks that can be used with her. AEM will be interesting for survival, I only wish the synergy would've been a +4/+4 boost
shmi15
8/9/2019 7:50:32 AM

The specialization is interesting.. they will need more door control than just the 1 non unique to get a good buff out of it.If Covenant keeps getting 25-33 point pieces that boost each other, we might see a squad take over Bastila's.
shmi15
8/9/2019 7:48:00 AM

I'm a big fan of the Soldiers in the OR. And I think this piece helps them out with the satchel charge. A beefy door control that can get the buffs minus the extra attacks.
shmi15
8/9/2019 7:46:53 AM

I like the Covenant flesh, I'm happy to see a sub faction being worked on. And door control for a faction is never bad
gandalfthegreatestwizard
8/9/2019 5:43:43 AM

Most out-activate and smash squads would rather go with act control than Porgs. It might be useful for Skybuck since Republic has no act control- you initially get out-activated, you get some Porgs, and then you kill some enemy fodder and now you out-activate.
Showing 1 - 50 of 26,653 Comments12345...534Next