RegisterDonate Login

Bloominous beings are we...not this crude matter.

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 33,074 Comments12345...662Next
9/21/2018 2:20:17 PM

I think you have too many abilities haha
9/20/2018 4:37:51 PM

I dropped speed 8 - the card is simpler, and now you cant rely on speed alone to get Hit and Run to work.
General_Grievous
9/20/2018 2:58:26 PM (Updated: 9/20/2018 2:58:46 PM)

Ok so it's +20 damage instead of +10 against Imperials. I got you, so essentially he has Assassin and if there was a version of Jedi Hatred called "Imperial hatred" to stack on an extra 10.
adamb0nd
9/20/2018 12:53:00 PM

Updated ability to clarify. I wanted it to do more damage to imps without increasing attack.
9/20/2018 12:10:17 AM

That's fair and it fits along with the rest I'm all about card simplicity so just have to voice it haha
9/19/2018 11:46:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback GG, I think I'll retool the movement towards what you said. For VPD, I like it as a damage option when you are against high defenses or the other conditions are not met. Especially to be able to move adjacent to a target with 20hp or less and have a strong likelihood to trigger the movement on kill.
9/19/2018 10:55:21 PM

Very interesting, maybe a bit Ability heavy for his cost and you could probably drop the poison dart as I can't see this guy using it over his normal attack too often, but I suppose it's nice for a ranged option. Isolated is great and take out those lurking in the back, or getting swapped into posistion. I think the wording could be shifted slightly for Rebound Cable. Just because you then have to track your starting square. Maybe saying he can then immediately move up to his speed to keep simple.
9/19/2018 10:51:34 PM

Only question is would it be easier and simpler to have the normal Assassin and Imperial Hunter instead of being one Ability? Otherwise pretty cool though! And he Mercs need it!
Caedus
9/19/2018 10:50:21 PM

Very nice, Very cool piece.
9/19/2018 4:20:15 PM

Awesome piece! Very solid deep strike target to take out those Dodonna's out there. And Rebel Hunter is great on him. Lots of abilities going on here and you could probably drop the rapport for simplicity but everything fits well
9/19/2018 4:17:31 PM

Thanks for the entry Caedus! I like that he has the mobility to charge 16 and take down a single target that turn. (I'm imagining running down an annoying commander like Dodonna). Clear strength, but not overpowered.
9/19/2018 4:14:10 PM

I like it! Makes sure that those pesky commanders stick close to the rest of the squad. Also I like that he can easily remove a single target, but he is not so strong as to be able to remove multiple characters without support. Unexpected Attack is a great ability to give him a distinct strength.
9/19/2018 2:18:15 PM

To hunt all the Bastillas and Thrawns out there haha
9/18/2018 2:34:59 AM

Awesome Republic Commando throwback! An interesting alternative to Reserves!
9/13/2018 11:22:46 PM

I was more going by the Clone Wars show- where the Separatist Umbarans seemingly maneuver without these disrupting them at all. Likely not through any allegiance to the vixus, but I would assume because the separatists know their planet and the idiosyncrasies of the wildlife. I made them Separatist to reflect that they were on a Separatist world that seemed to be much more of a difficulty to the Republic than their own kind. Its not like any group of people could recruit a vixus like you could a bounty hunter.
kiki
9/13/2018 8:17:36 PM

Its more of a cinematic accuracy, as according the all-mighty wookieepedia, Vixus' are 'non-sentinent' creatures, so I doubt they would be able to do the formalities to pledge allegiance to the seppies.
9/13/2018 4:16:17 PM

Thanks GG! Kiki, tell me how you see it working better. I chose Separatist solely as a thematic element, but if you think that it would improve gameplay, I'm open to adjustments.
kiki
9/13/2018 8:23:44 AM

I think fringe would be a better choice of faction.
9/13/2018 6:03:46 AM

Very nice Oakel! Actually a better Sarlacc. I approve
FMLD Filter
by jak

9/13/2018 6:02:45 AM

Very nice but did you want accurate shot to help with burn em' all? And also is this canon? Must have missed that book hahaha
9/10/2018 11:00:25 PM

Will do brother! Good stuff!
9/10/2018 7:53:31 PM

Remind me to update this guy once voting has concluded. I want to make the changes you're recommending.
9/10/2018 7:00:07 PM

I think there are enough boosts to their attacks and damage elsewhere for cheap that decisive strike and Ambush alone are enough to make this guy a key addition. But thematically it works either way.
9/9/2018 8:18:58 PM

Wow. I like it, and it makes complete sense for the design. I think that distills the theme down for this character a lot, and cuts out some fluff. Thank you for the recommendation. That said, one of my goals was to help weak troopers to overcome the high defenses/extra defenses of Jedi. Decisive strike handles part of that, Jedi hunter was meant to do the other. Do you think it is worth trying to retain that part of my design, or is it strong enough with the changes you recommend?
9/9/2018 6:44:27 PM

Theme-wise he's great. Gameplay mechanically he's got approaching BHC-level of special abilities and hands out three separate effects to allies. I would consider swapping his GMA and Oppurtunist for Ambush. Then dropping camaraderie entirely and replacing the handing out of Jedi Hunter for Ambush and Decisive strike instead. I think with those changes you will be far better off here.
9/8/2018 3:48:56 PM

This is actually really clever. Great job!
9/8/2018 3:48:08 PM

Definitely a Spaarti booster more than anything, interestly she makes them more similar to yet better than Droids. So simple fix with rapport/Twin and somewhat thematic with the two sides dumping shots on each other. But not sold on blanket Twin for order 66 especially with the extra attack and greater mobile CEs. Cool stuff though
9/7/2018 10:20:44 PM

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot about the Rival, and I meant Spaarti. That said, there is still the concern of dishing out a lot of power effectively for free.
jak
9/7/2018 9:37:45 PM

what!? Pong could not be a Squad with Aayla do to his Rival, and the Imperial Raxus Troopers making there way into a Republic Squad would be a trick
adamb0nd
9/7/2018 1:58:59 PM

Thought about it a bit. Thanks for the suggestion Oakel.
kiki
9/7/2018 8:21:29 AM

Lower cost and maybe up that defense... a lot.
9/7/2018 12:43:04 AM

I like it. It is clear and simple, and grants a strong bonus. The only thing I would note is that with the Rapport, you could easily bring in more than 11 characters with Order 66, and that would mean with the CE, you're dishing out twin to them all, and a fairly strong melee attacker to boot effectively for free. I fear the Rapport is too strong for her cost... as she is, combine her with Pong Krell and Raxus troopers and you have 55 troopers running around not dying. A couple small elements to consider: Did you intended to say: "Rapport *663*"? For the CE, remove the comma after Followers.
9/7/2018 12:34:47 AM

Cool idea, its like the game Asteroids! Does it count as one, or multiple characters for the sake of Squad abilities? Might be a good fit if it had Squad Member or something.
Naarkon
9/5/2018 5:06:06 PM

This is really clever and I like it a lot.
adamb0nd
9/4/2018 5:30:00 PM

I liked the idea of having abilities like this in the game, but really, it'd be near impossible to balance. I'd say it'd make for a fun casual scenario mode, but that's about it.
jak
9/4/2018 12:17:03 AM (Updated: 9/4/2018 12:19:05 AM)

because you could just attack with out using the gun, to take advantage of any CE's
9/3/2018 10:12:21 PM

But it says replaces attack, so why would it use dice to attack at all?
jak
9/3/2018 10:55:54 AM

what juice said. I didn't want it to be to strong.
juice man
9/2/2018 7:42:09 PM

If "hit" is removed it becomes automatic. With an attack of 4 - not so automatic.
9/1/2018 10:59:17 PM

Also love the quote!
General_Grievous
9/1/2018 10:58:40 PM (Updated: 9/1/2018 10:59:02 PM)

You could probably tweak it, no one has voted yet haha
9/1/2018 7:38:50 PM

Excellent points GG - I'm sad the competition has already started, but both of those were my intentions although currently lacking from the design
9/1/2018 2:33:51 PM

You definitely have a stronger Carbonite effect then me, very cool
9/1/2018 2:31:47 PM

Interesting idea here too, only concern is that Boba could just drop that character off the map in a pit. Maybe wording for that? But he is quite wordy already.
9/1/2018 2:30:19 PM

Hahahaha well definitely not canon, though there was a gungan frozen in Carbonite in the force unleashed so then again, maybe it is. But I actually think you did an excellent job here making a balanced thematic piece.
9/1/2018 2:27:58 PM

Interesting idea and points for choosing an outside the box idea. I really think you should change the wording to "deal damage to this character equal to the hit points of the chosen character. That way you couldn't pick an overpowered enemy piece. Also since it's the Bespin unit specifically you could safely make it unique and help prevent imbalance from bringing multiples of this guy.
9/1/2018 2:24:50 PM

I gave you a 10 to help balance the cowardice of the Bomber haha. Also for your character you can probably take the word "hit" away. And for the second sentence maybe change to "Whenever a frozen character is damaged, double that damage. At the start of a frozen characters turn they may make a save of 11 to lose frozen.
8/31/2018 4:15:00 PM

I like this piece a lot. Funny, creative, and well made. I think you are missing a word in Inspiring Décor: "...is immune to abilities are..." should be fixed.
Showing 1 - 50 of 33,074 Comments12345...662Next