RegisterDonate Login

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 30,272 Comments12345...606Next
General_Grievous
12/16/2017 7:58:03 AM

Alright with the attack and damage 0 it should be good. I think I would drop heal 20 and speed 8 just to simplify a bit
General_Grievous
12/16/2017 7:56:24 AM

Really intriguing piece, you did great except the name needs changing! Haha
General_Grievous
12/16/2017 7:53:33 AM

Agreed I would change predict. How about "once per skirmish, when an allied character would be defeated, instead remove all damage and place it in your starting area. Still make it cost Force 12 or something absurd. But at least it only affects one character and requires less record keeping
General_Grievous
12/16/2017 7:51:43 AM

Strike me down is already a Force power called Force essence, does the same thing. Otherwise looks good though maybe one too many abilities
12/16/2017 6:50:51 AM

Formally worded, whose names name contains 'Medic' would include 'Medical'. Names contain Medical would not include Medic.
blemelisk
12/16/2017 12:32:37 AM

question "with medic in their name" the root of medical is Medic, would that count?
blemelisk
12/15/2017 9:18:13 PM

There, I think I have her in her final form. I kept flip flopping between save 8 and 9, but a 40% failure rate that can now only trigger once per turn is about where I would like to keep it. Thanks for the wording tweaks!
12/15/2017 3:44:01 AM

^ Nice wording tweak, LB. I agree about the save, if 6 is too low, 11 too high, go in between. Also, I like the tightly focused 2nd part of CE—if you want to get the Medical Droid in there too, you'll need the "Droids are subject to these effects" clause.
12/15/2017 3:21:35 AM

Thanks, Blem! Also, was updated, not sure if before or after Blem's post: I dropped the ranged Medical abilities (and from CE), added movement to CE, to make it more easily viable to use. I have a bunch of other ideas, but they can't all go here. Thinking of changing Rapport wording (and a point or two lower) to also help get more healers into the squad, though I still want to push the Bacta Tank(s)—but it starts to get ridiculous. Healing infrastructure is expensive. I feel like this needs one more tweak, (cost/stats aside) but I'm not sure what.
Lord_Ball
12/15/2017 3:17:17 AM

I think the reason the save 7 feels weird is likely due to it being close to the established 6, so maybe 8 or 9 wouldn't feel so odd. As to your non combatant, I'd simplify it to "end of the next round"
blemelisk
12/15/2017 2:14:22 AM

I like this, you can heal up a major piece very quickly with adj medics. However you run the risk of aoe damage from flame thrower etc etc. Risk/reward. Not bad at all. :)
blemelisk
12/15/2017 2:11:26 AM

I like it, he is like a M.A.S.H. Dr. that has gone up to the front lines. As for the cost, it seems about right to me considering he cant attack and cant do damage. However he CAN get Gambit.
blemelisk
12/15/2017 2:01:22 AM

But it is star wars, faster than light ships, Sun Crushers, Death Stars, light sabers, etc. Youd think they would have a way to help heal someone at least a small amount at range. :) I had nano bots ability in one of my earlier creations, but I didnt want to use it, but it would make for a good explanation of healing from range.
blemelisk
12/15/2017 2:01:18 AM

Sorry, I wanted to speak up to what Lord Ball mentioned. You are right about the wording a scan never would really help heal someone (diagnosis is useful though). But I imagine it does more maybe some type of nano bots are sent along the beam and help heal the person a bit. (or whatever the "healing" effect from medics in Star Craft? at range. haha).
blemelisk
12/15/2017 1:56:02 AM

Made a change to Non Combatant, please comment as this was the original duration i had intended.
blemelisk
12/14/2017 10:52:27 PM

Im very open to discuss increasing the save etc. It serves 2 purposes. 1: it is thematic and 2: it is to give that much more hesitation of your opponent to try and kill her off.
12/14/2017 10:10:00 PM

@ LB - thanks for the comments. I'm considering some tweaks. I would like the CE to include wotc Medical Supplies, but I'm not too committed to the ranged ones. I may drop them and go back to Overload (just for this character).
General_Grievous
12/14/2017 8:33:45 PM

I agree on the CE limitation. Maybe allies within 3 square or better yet, adjacent? And then maybe the wording Force ability to force power? Otherwise looks good
General_Grievous
12/14/2017 8:29:06 PM

Excellent job Jen'ari. I really like this piece. Strong without being broken
General_Grievous
12/14/2017 8:27:52 PM

I like it a lot better now corran,good changes
CorranHornsux123
12/14/2017 8:22:22 PM

I completely redid him GG what do you think of him now? dropped FH 50 for 30, took out HMM and Orb cure, n added uninvt guests.
General_Grievous
12/14/2017 7:00:59 PM

I would combine medical supplies, medical field training, and your CE and just call it Medical Implant (At the start if the skirmish, choose one ally, that character gains Heal 20 for the rest of the Skirmish and removes 10 damage whenever it activates). Then drop the CE and the other SAs. He is a pretty potent medic as is.
General_Grievous
12/14/2017 6:51:23 PM

Pretty solid stuff, lots going on and I would consider dropping heal my master or just making it an extra 10 damage removed because this guy + Bacta Tank could heal Bane 200 HP in a round, 100 is still too much even if you don't consider the bacta tank. Same with the CE for the double x double. Maybe just make the CE, allied non-unique characters gain augment healing. If you drop heal my master and change the CE I think you are good.
jak
12/14/2017 1:52:16 PM

dammit! can't access my characters to edit them. but consider her attack and damage to be 0
Lord_Ball
12/14/2017 1:10:49 PM (Updated: 12/14/2017 1:11:09 PM)

I see like blem you went with a "range" of options. The Bacta rapport is a nice change and fitting for a medic. I have to say I do like the CE, though I kinda wish it didn't work with the medical abilities, but that's just because of a personal distaste for how they work.
Lord_Ball
12/14/2017 1:03:45 PM

I know I mentioned it on jen'ari's about the attack/damage, and really with such poor combat prowess anyway it really isn't necessary to the character. Overall a very versatile healer, nice!
Lord_Ball
12/14/2017 12:56:48 PM

save 7 seems weird, but I guess a lot has changed since the ol' 6/11/16 saves of yesteryear. Never was a fan of Medical scan (how does a simple scan actually heal anything)? nor how Medical pack worked, but since you didn't create those abilities (just improved the one) I can't fault you for using them.
Lord_Ball
12/14/2017 12:49:14 PM

Well GG used 0's so I'm guessing they are fair game. As Obi-wan being able to potentially be boosted into a combatant definitely feels like a good middle ground to combat not possible at all and butt kicker. Thanks for the feedback, was trying something way out of left field and am pretty happy with how he turned out.
swinefeld
12/14/2017 5:49:47 AM (Updated: 12/14/2017 5:50:22 AM)

p.s. - I initially had Overload on this character, and kinda still want to, but decided to dilute it via the CE so I could keep the rest. Waiting for Surf to let me know how far off my arbitrarily chosen cost is. :)
swinefeld
12/14/2017 3:07:53 AM (Updated: 12/14/2017 5:39:08 AM)

No attack or damage rating at all. Impossible for it to be a combatant. Healers can't do squat if they die easily, so Evade, and lower power Survival Expert (also to help with AD when next to Bacta Tanks). CE is n/u to prevent potential abuse by Force Healers since he's Fringe, but I'm not sure that is a significant issue.
swinefeld
12/14/2017 4:20:41 AM (Updated: 12/14/2017 4:39:43 AM)

Nice simple piece. Combined is cool. Off topic - How did you get the dash on Damage? Did you leave it blank? *Edit: never mind...I tested, if you leave stats blank you get dashes, but if using dashes you get -1, or at least that's what happened this time. Bless Bloo's heart, lol.
12/14/2017 4:32:36 AM

The Soldier/Trooper stuff gets messy, for sure.
12/14/2017 4:25:31 AM

I really like the idea of Humanitarian offsetting how well this guy heals.
12/14/2017 4:06:23 AM

Nice flavor (and text). Definitely an interesting play dynamic, and the +/- of it would vary a bit from one (enemy) faction to the next.
12/14/2017 3:40:23 AM

+1 on Repair Kit, and the all-purpose healing stuff is cool. (I borrowed a bit of that for mine)
12/14/2017 3:38:11 AM

Technical note: 0's != no atk/dmg rating, and so he (technically) can be boosted. It's a Bloo display glitch that dashes show up as -1s (even though they don't on some older stuff). I'm not bothered either way, but since I just had that issue with my character I thought I'd mention it so as to be clear on your intent. That aside, I love the concept. Great flavor, very well thought out!
blemelisk
12/14/2017 2:53:44 AM

I like it, I think in time WotC would have possibly made this.
jen'ari
12/14/2017 12:51:51 AM

i gave mine atk 5 and damage 10 and people said it should be gotten rid of so it fits the "noncombatant" feel. pretty sweet individual. Repair kit is cool.
jak
12/13/2017 10:33:01 PM

Rolling Cyborg, that can help the living and Droids.
AlexTheGreat
12/13/2017 10:14:28 PM

I like the way you represented Obi Wan in this occasion, though he is not a piece I was expecting to see in this weeks CCC since he always was a combatant. It really kinda feel weird!Camaraderie and Strike me down are awesome! Anyway I respect your effort!
jen'ari
12/13/2017 9:47:30 PM

2 people, it shall be done.
AlexTheGreat
12/13/2017 9:37:51 PM

A fair piece!! Rebels could definitely use it. Maybe you should remove it's attack points and it's damage as it doesn't qualify as a non combat character!
AlexTheGreat
12/13/2017 9:33:47 PM

HEAL MY MASTER, HEAL MY MASTER!!!!! Awesome ability man! I just think that SA heal 20 is too much though! Nice work!
AlexTheGreat
12/13/2017 9:25:43 PM (Updated: 12/13/2017 9:26:11 PM)

I was trying to find an awesome force power based on the characters story. I'm still working on it... But anyways thanks for the ideas guys!!
jen'ari
12/13/2017 8:32:03 PM

Ummm.... Good point. But I do think it is not combative enough haha. I will ask gg his defining of noncombatant
CorranHornsux123
12/13/2017 8:10:46 PM

maybe make it like a board wide Sith Sorcery but for every character? just a thought.
CorranHornsux123
12/13/2017 8:00:41 PM

changed SMM and went heal 20 instead of 30.
Lord_Ball
12/13/2017 7:58:32 PM

Yeah That's kind of why I was wondering what the intent was, Uniques with Soldier or Soldier characters with different non ability related names.
CorellianComedian
12/13/2017 7:32:49 PM

Specialization has two requirements - it specifies who receives the ability (Unique Soldier), and it only comes into play if no allies count as having the same name. That's what I would guess to be the intent, at least. Unfortunately, all of the soldier characters count as being named Old Republic Soldier, so *technically* you can only have one Soldier in your squad, otherwise Specialization won't work.
Lord_Ball
12/13/2017 7:29:13 PM

I think maybe a bit overboard here. Heal 30 and Force Heal 50 are already strong abilities paired with the option to double them or would that be Quaded with the CE and Heal My Master as they both target the recipient of the healing so in a way both could apply.
Showing 1 - 50 of 30,272 Comments12345...606Next