RegisterDonate Login

If you strike Bloo Milk down, it shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 32,942 Comments12345...659Next
jen'ari
7/21/2018 9:26:01 PM

When I was on, vectivus did "attack" so you very well might have inspired some designers. Wouldn't be the first time. Awesome stuff #grievoustodesign
Oakel
7/19/2018 6:31:01 PM

The idea is that you use their improved mobility to close, especially if you are running them with Kelborn, there would likely be enough survivability to make it into close range. While not spectacular, they are able to shoot decently well, enough to be a threat before CM puts them into melee range.
General_Grievous
7/19/2018 5:13:30 PM

Shmi has a point, Assassin/cunning/opportunist would cover basically the same premise
General_Grievous
7/19/2018 5:12:14 PM

Hmm could give them anarchist and it would fit but I feel like that might increase their cost. Theme-wise you are bang on Shmi, as only Canderous or their bandit leaders commanded them, but gameplay-wise death watch works with normal hippie mandos and leaving as is may be simpler here. But something to consider. And also Oakel exactly if you shoot them in the open or ignore cover or don't target you can hit them easy enough.
shmi15
7/19/2018 4:38:02 PM

run 12 to do 20 damage, and against Melee they will be taking another 40 from SD. Interesting idea... But I don't ike IS on the Elite guys... Seems like a non elite ability IMO
shmi15
7/19/2018 4:35:52 PM

Very nice close quarters fighting idea! Shows their versatility very well. Coordinated Movement on him is interesting, and gives Mandos some Uber movement with a few of them. Don't think it is to much at all. But these guys are really at their best adjacent, and I am not sure that can happen with no cloaked/stealth
shmi15
7/19/2018 4:31:00 PM

Hmmm... MP is a very particular ability. Not sure that I can get behind something that broad, with a piece, you can pump out a few of them in a squad. I hate swarms as much as the next person, but this is basically giving these guys +4/+10 at all times.
shmi15
7/19/2018 4:24:39 PM

Maybe this bandit should not be subject to Mandalorian CE? That would make sense given they were separate from the Mando Faction during the time. I've been playing KOTOR recently, and this design does remind me of those pesky bandits, lol.
shmi15
7/19/2018 4:21:12 PM

The Mando Scout is a Wizards piece, and its a beast for 19. I think this guy could fill some nice squad types tho, especially with the conditional Flamethrower addition ( costs you a pretty penny of your squad to get it) Very tough CCC this week with the Cost Calculator out in a faction that has some very very competitively costed Mid range shooters. I like the look of this guy tho.
shmi15
7/19/2018 4:17:48 PM

I don't like Careful shot on him... Not to many times where it will be used over Mobile. I would almost drop it for a better boost.
shmi15
7/19/2018 4:15:59 PM

MB is pretty neat. I like that idea of them getting "info" before the mission starts. deadly and Flurry are nice, and I assume if you get the Twin attack, its boardwide, thats a neat little bunch of tricks.
General_Grievous
7/19/2018 3:20:25 AM

It's definitely easier if it affects this character to not open Pandora's box for complexity/timing window haha. But if you want to keep it this way you may want to add extra clarification: attacks from adjacent enemies that target this character are treated as melee attacks.
shmi15
7/18/2018 8:22:09 PM

But if I leave Melee, it hurts a lot more Commander effects for shooters. But I change the wording to your suggestion if you guys think it's better
General_Grievous
7/18/2018 7:18:32 PM

I think I would change his martial arts wording to "this character can use parry against adjacent non-melee attacks
General_Grievous
7/18/2018 7:17:06 PM

Suicide bomber piece is pretty terrifying but I think you balanced him out well enough with 10 base damage and internal strife at having to blow himself up haha.
General_Grievous
7/18/2018 7:13:32 PM (Updated: 7/18/2018 7:13:59 PM)

I think he looks about right to me, echoing true mandalorian is sweet
jen'ari
7/18/2018 7:13:37 PM

will be reliant on a Captain, I like the feel of the piece.
General_Grievous
7/18/2018 7:11:24 PM

Agreed very nice work here I like what you have going on with the hand to hand push, excellent theme and execution
General_Grievous
7/18/2018 7:07:23 PM (Updated: 7/18/2018 7:09:18 PM)

It's wordy but I actually like it better than Hunter as it's simpler once you choose it, as all characters will get the same bonus
shmi15
7/18/2018 6:24:13 PM

He gives them melee so he can base and party.
jen'ari
7/18/2018 6:11:22 PM

Looks pretty legit imo.
SithBot
7/18/2018 5:18:34 PM

I am guessing the Martial Arts knocks the weapon out if his hands or something like that.
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 4:54:39 PM

Why give the enemy melee??
SithBot
7/18/2018 4:42:25 PM

is there a better name for Martial Arts?
SithBot
7/18/2018 4:39:46 PM

updated
jen'ari
7/18/2018 4:32:09 PM

dropped recon and ambush, added Mission Briefing.
Oakel
7/18/2018 4:25:30 PM

Right, catching them out of cover/ignoring cover would mean they don't have cloak. Forgive me. A little slow today. :P
General_Grievous
7/18/2018 4:13:06 PM (Updated: 7/18/2018 4:18:45 PM)

Haha appreciated Surf. And Swine thanks that's kind of the angle I was going with is cheap surivible and with tricks to hold up in different scenerios mando style. And Oakel there are a few ways to deal with these guys without coming adjacent. You mentioned removing cloak and there is the sentry ability for that. There are abilities that ignore cover like heroine shatter rifle, Saber dart, War throat/screech/fire support mission/force repulse and even chain lightning that hits everyone within a certain number of squares.
Oakel
7/18/2018 4:05:28 PM

Question about cloaked/mines combination - is there any way to avoid getting adjacent to defeat a character like this unless you have some very specific cloak removing abilities? I mean I guess using a force power against an adjacent target... if the enemy lets that happen.
swinefeld
7/18/2018 5:41:42 AM

Simple design, not a big problem unless you ignore him. Battle Ready might make that a more pressing concern. So don't ignore him. haha
swinefeld
7/18/2018 5:29:48 AM

Like it, but agree on dropping Recon. Seems out of place.
swinefeld
7/18/2018 4:38:50 AM

@surf - like Hunter on Epic Boba, but includes Savages. Unlike Hunter, you choose once for multiples with the ability. Now I clearly see the thought behind ED's comment about punishing non-diverse squads. Have to smile at that bit. :)
gandalfthegreatestwizard
7/18/2018 4:28:57 AM (Updated: 7/18/2018 4:36:40 AM)

You might not have either one. It depends on what kind of squad you are playing- just boosting a bunch of these guys, or running them as support for Jango/ in a Jaster death shot squad. And yeah, it's still a 30 pt character, under your costing system. But I don't think that system always works if you want to have playable characters.
swinefeld
7/18/2018 4:28:21 AM

Solid entry. I like the hand-to-hand bits a lot. Co-Mo is the icing. Nicely done!
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 4:27:31 AM

… and the Ambush or Cloaked SA's were an observation, nothing more or less. Carry On :)
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 4:26:07 AM

@ Gandalf - If you made the Flamethrower ability conditional on having Jango or Jaster on your team are you saying you Wouldn't have one or the other in the squad? It's pretty much an auto that this piece will have Flamethrower then. So instead of 3, make it two and its Still a 30 point piece.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
7/18/2018 4:17:31 AM

I think I'll drop Ambush in favour of Backlash. Backlash seems more like what they actually did in their series, while Ambush was just something on Wook. Also, as surf pointed out in the thread, several of the entrants have put Ambush on their Mando- I want mine to stand out a little.
TheHutts
7/18/2018 4:16:19 AM

I think it’s comparable but probably slightly weaker than a Mando Scout.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
7/18/2018 4:09:49 AM

I also find it strange that you costed the ability True Mandalorian at 3 pts. It obviously should be worth less than Flamethrower 20 (it's a conditional F20- you have to have a character in your squad), yet you costed F20 at 2 pts on GG's Mando Bandit. I think it's about 1-1.5 pts by your system.
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 4:08:24 AM

Rather than repeat it, I posted the costing issue in the CCC Thread ….
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 4:06:09 AM

Adjacent Enemies gain Melee??
gandalfthegreatestwizard
7/18/2018 4:03:52 AM

I cost my customs to be playable (or competitive) in the Vsets. Surf, I think your cost calculator is better suited to costing minis back in the WOTC days- if this guy was in set 16 and costed even 6 more, he wouldn't see the light of day. For the current game, I think he's costed accurately since he's supposed to be good.
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 3:46:39 AM

Regarding "Betrayal" …. duhhh. I was just comparing the two and any similarities. Internal is a very Grey area. This last weekend I literally rolled 5 "2's" in a row; point being it's a 1 in 20 chance of being a negative. I don't know if it's a zero or not but -0 doesn't feel right either … and if you have a penchant for low rolls ,,, its a greater risk but mathematically its still 1 in 20.
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 3:39:12 AM (Updated: 7/18/2018 3:40:23 AM)

Its really not so much the cost that's the "problem," but custom makers are between a rock and a hard place between what the V-Setters do when low-balling costs and giving it what it is "worth" game-wise and then looking too much like a fan-boy. I have No Answer when comparing a piece from the V-Sets; all I can do as a custom maker is float out what it Should cost; That's on me, that's where I come from and despite what GG says about me being King of Costing … noone's dead and I'm Not in Charge! :)
surf_rider56
7/18/2018 3:29:02 AM

Touche'
Caedus
7/18/2018 3:15:39 AM

I used IS not betrayal
swinefeld
7/18/2018 3:15:31 AM

Charging + SD40 is so non-subtle sabotage. Even more so if he whiffs and then you shoot his traitorous a**. That's just dirty. :D
swinefeld
7/18/2018 3:09:01 AM

I like True Mandalorian. Not saying I don't like the rest of it, but it's the 'new' thing, and is a nice touch. Compared against the original (nearly unplayable even in vanilla) and the v-set Elite version (who needs a Cap'n with that guy?) cost is not off by much if at all, IMO.
jen'ari
7/18/2018 2:50:06 AM

Rebels can also Grant evade and from there gma. The specforce tech gives him undisruptable twin attack as all. All total it can have double, twin, gma, evade, coming/opportunist for very cheap. Base 10 damage has to have lots of trucks to ever be worth it
jen'ari
7/18/2018 2:47:40 AM

Look guys, the specforce infiltrator has 10 less hp, 1 more defense. Double and ambush are the same. Specforce has cloaked, cunning, master slicer vs this guy's deadly/flurry/recon. Specforce has commander that grants opportunist and has disruptive
Showing 1 - 50 of 32,942 Comments12345...659Next