RegisterDonate Login

It's against Bloo Milk's programming to impersonate a deity.

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 33,501 Comments12345...671Next
3/18/2019 6:13:57 PM

Thanks Oakel! The original was definitely in mind for boosting up
Oakel
3/18/2019 5:01:34 PM

Oh man, the synergy between this character and the nightsister sith witch is amazing, and terrifying. Definitely enough to make a squad built around them.
3/17/2019 5:11:06 PM

I sure did hahaha! there are drawbacks to embracing darkness
juice man
3/17/2019 2:03:29 PM

Did you intend Summon Storm to help your opponents too?
3/17/2019 1:00:18 AM

Well alternatively give him independent?
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/17/2019 12:35:13 AM

The rest of the Hoth guys aren't too good either. I might just leave it as is, since at the end of the day they'll have very few other CEs in terms of attack or damage boosts going for them.
3/17/2019 12:09:08 AM

I would probably change it to only one resolve at a time or else make it just affect the Golan Arms Battery and the atgar Cannon then it's perfectly balanced because those are awful
3/16/2019 11:30:39 PM

Only thing I would change would be making them gain the poisoned effect
3/16/2019 11:28:25 PM

Very cool!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/16/2019 5:16:58 AM

I thought the rule meant that two instances of the same ability don't stack on the same character. But Entrenched affects the character with Entrenched (allowing it to make an immediate attack against a specified enemy), not the target, right? Similar to how LS Assault can be used against characters with Force Immunity, since it grants attacks to the acting character.
CorellianComedian
3/16/2019 3:00:49 AM

It could depend on what "ruling" you would want to go for. Technically, there's nothing that says a whole line of them can't shoot all at once, but at the same time I could see the "multiple instances of the same SA don't stack" rule applying here.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/16/2019 1:21:01 AM (Updated: 3/16/2019 1:30:07 AM)

I didn't think it through too much when I made it- a whole line of troopers could actually light up one moving enemy. That's probably too strong even for the Hoth guys- I might try to word it so only one Entrenched character gets a shot at a time. I also did intend to make it only when they move into LOS, I'll update that part of the wording.
Oakel
3/15/2019 11:08:00 PM

Oh yesss. I was totally thinking about doing this same thematic concept. I like how you executed it!
CorellianComedian
3/15/2019 9:21:40 PM

Entrenched is amazing, and you have it balanced pretty nicely. Just so I have this correct: Entrenched can only be used once per character per round, but only one character can use it per enemy moving? Or can you line up a whole line of Hoth Troopers and have them all roast somebody who comes out of a hallway? And... wait, does Entrenched trigger on moving WHILE WITHIN line of sight, or moving INTO line of sight when it wasn't previously? Either way, it's a fantastic way to punish GMA turrets. Would love to see this become official.
Oakel
3/14/2019 11:03:57 PM

Entrenched is an awesome ability. I love it!
Oakel
3/11/2019 7:07:39 PM

Well, depends on how strong you want the piece, but compared to say Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter at 61 points or Revan, Returned at 100 points - I would say it is overcosted by a fair amount given the current game state. I would put it closer to 65 points and I think it would be conditionally quite strong.
Oakel
3/11/2019 6:58:58 PM

Excellent point about unique. I will add something to that effect after the CCC. I see the need mechanically, but perhaps unique is incorrect thematically. Maybe just something that specifies only one of these per squad. At the same time, I was thinking that the Comm-link ability would not stack, as it is an ability with the same name. Accordingly, even if you had multiple within 3 of a character, they would only benefit from one.
Jargon Madjin
3/10/2019 10:57:20 AM

Overcosted or Undercosted, I can't tell anymore I've been off this site for too long
3/10/2019 12:24:15 AM

Oh shoot missed that!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/9/2019 7:07:31 PM

I don't think Cloaked would make any sense. Anyway, it's already specified in Taurill that it doesn't block movement.
3/9/2019 2:22:23 PM

At first I thought it was relay orders, but now I see it's not in your squad. Hmm couple thoughts here, firstly it will slow down game setup time as someone can potentially go through their entire collection trying to find the right commander? Bad for analysis paralysis people. But gameplay wise at a minimum I would change is make this guy unique
3/9/2019 1:51:12 PM

Only thing I'm worried about is Spy on such a cheap non-unique. They could really clog up some hallways and unless you have repulse or some kind of slash damage you can't do anything to get past. Maybe having something like he mouse droid where they can't block movement or are displaced by other characters, or just cloaked?
3/6/2019 10:09:07 PM

Nice! Manual override as a super cheap door control is cool! Beware the Droids slowly teetering towards those doors. Could also consider door gimmick as well, though this is more thematic
3/5/2019 5:50:48 AM

Pretty cool piece! Alchemy and the mediation are very powerful though, the one balancer is Force Renewal 1, but for sure a game-changer
juice man
3/3/2019 5:56:45 PM

Doors would be afraid. Very afraid.
CorellianComedian
3/3/2019 5:51:01 AM

But, although the deathshots would be crazy, they'd be almost worthless until they die. Any piece that can reliably dodge +9s can ignore them, crush your commanders, and then the rest is cake.
CorellianComedian
3/2/2019 2:36:22 PM (Updated: 3/2/2019 2:36:44 PM)

Neat. I actually am not really concerned about the triple deathshots... Ronhar Kim + Plo Koon + Mon Mothma is 113 points, Yularen would make it 134 points, and Mas would be 142... with just straight-up Spaartis, you'd get 11, each making a +9 for 20, +9 for 30, and +12 for 30... oh, that's actually pretty good. Well, it'd be cool. I'd enjoy seeing it :P
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/2/2019 7:25:35 AM (Updated: 3/2/2019 7:43:49 AM)

Ha, that's true. I should probably try to avoid that. He's from Star Wars: Republic 64: Bloodlines. He was a friend of Palpatine who was ultimately betrayed by him after he tried to discover who the Sith in the Senate was. I was going to enter him in the Last Stand CCC a few weeks back, but decided on the padawans from the same comics instead.
CorellianComedian
3/2/2019 7:01:48 AM

I can see it now... triple-deathshot Spaartis are the meta of 2020... in all seriousness, though, cool piece! Where is he from?
3/1/2019 6:39:56 PM

Ahh so drop the Jabba part from the name then
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/1/2019 3:58:20 AM

She gets Rapport 8 from Bib Majordomo (and Forward Positioning which does nothing). If Sy Snootles has LOS to her Hutt Cartel and Black Sun commanders get Disciplined Leader. Maybe a couple other things.
3/1/2019 3:42:36 AM

Wait which ones?
FlyingArrow
2/28/2019 2:31:12 AM

This sure will throw a wrench into all of the "name contains Jabba" abilities.
akatsukilover
2/26/2019 3:02:24 PM

Way more balanced than the other AATs I saw.
akatsukilover
2/26/2019 3:01:59 PM

Way more balanced than the other AATs I saw.
2/24/2019 9:37:41 AM

Nice weapons upgrade for the hurt cartel! I like it
2/24/2019 9:37:06 AM

You could probably let drop favorite decoration and the "ignoring cover" on bantha fodder because line of sight is good enough even against invisible characters since you are not targeting them.
adamb0nd
2/21/2019 1:00:35 AM

gross mouth!
2/17/2019 7:13:01 PM

Ok points for originality alone! Very out there idea that thematically fits. Only thing I would consider dropping is Boduguard since it seems she is wearing the hurt on her here
2/17/2019 7:11:47 PM

Nice and simple! Really feels like her from the early Clone Wars!
BT-1 Filter
by jak

Oakel
2/7/2019 7:44:26 PM

The Comlink ability is interesting, but being a droid he is not subject to Commander effects. Knowing imperials/fringe, the only CE's he could benefit from, that this ability allows past 6 squares, is HK-47. Unless, you pair BT-1 with Camper, but it still doesn't open many options. Unless you meant for it to also make him subject to CE's that do not specify droids?
BT-1 Filter
by jak

gandalfthegreatestwizard
2/7/2019 6:59:06 PM

Is this guy meant to cost 4 points?
CorranHornsux123
2/4/2019 8:05:44 PM

A very potent Melee fighter, should be force to fear in close combat but can easily be dealt with from ranged.
CorellianComedian
2/4/2019 6:48:44 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Weekend got pretty busy and I forgot to check this :/ in hindsight, I probably would've taken off Assault. That probably would have been enough to calm him down, I think? I liked Duel because he's usually just in one-one-one or one-on-two combat whenever he is using an extra saber. Didn't factor in Yoda, but... I don't think people use that Yoda enough for it to be a problem. Obi-Kin also gives Yoda the boost he needs to be competitive, so it's a two-way street as far as that goes. But I probably could have dropped Assault without much loss...
Oakel
2/4/2019 6:24:23 PM

GG - Stalwart is a great thought. I wish I had seen this before the contest started! I'm not sold on the ability either, its a bit clunky, as there is not easy way to do it right now.
2/4/2019 3:02:30 AM

Differently better than of one of the best pieces in the game haha
gandalfthegreatestwizard
2/4/2019 1:47:18 AM (Updated: 2/4/2019 1:48:12 AM)

I don't think Windu is playable at 72pts, and he doesn't even help Obi-Wan that much since he already has LS Assault. You make a good point about Yoda- though this Obi-Wan doesn't have MOTF2 so he ends up not having that many more rerolls than GOWK. I do agree with you that he's better than GOWK, I just don't think he's far superior in every way.
adamb0nd
2/4/2019 1:40:56 AM

Yep, it does feel off theme, but that was the point in the movie too
2/4/2019 1:21:16 AM

I was thinking more Windu for the extra attack turning this guy into a 4 attack monster without the force point spend, and Yoda letting him reroll his SSM for free each round has already been shown to be a great boost to Obikin and would pump this guy up into a powerhouse. plus the twin back every time he's hit. He's just better than GOWK. Steel > Mettle, twin >double, and this guys got better force powers I think as well. But that's open to opinion.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
2/4/2019 12:27:26 AM

GOWK has a top-tier CE to add to his stats and abilities. I don't think this Obi-Wan is that much better than GOWK. CEs in the Republic are actually fairly limited- the only good damage boost he can get is Momentum from GenSky, so he can get to 120dmg on the move. That's pretty good for a SSM tank, but I don't think it's worth 60. The thing is, he's four times more aggressive than any other Obi-Wan except the Negotiator for a lower cost. You could probably drop Assault and give him a weaker damage boost (so he can do 60dmg on his own) and then he'd be about right.
Showing 1 - 50 of 33,501 Comments12345...671Next