RegisterDonate Login

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 29,594 Comments12345...592Next
swinefeld
10/21/2017 4:50:03 AM

Thanks all, for the feedback. I'm rethinking this critter a bit, since V1 was thrown together hastily. Same concept mostly, minor roadblock (and leave me alone, or you might regret it). Not meant to be an aggressor. Just reacts, like a snake, doesn't care who or what gets too close, just strikes. (not allies though, lol) @LB, good point on Poison and wording. If no unintended interactions with other "poison" related effects, that's a nice card space trim, thanks!
swinefeld
10/21/2017 2:10:24 AM

As others have stated, it's close, if not literally bullet...errr... blasterproof in scenarios where no area damage is available. Maybe add a 'negative' that turns off spy if the opp can trigger it. (shrug) Way cheap for that much tech, and I'm often lost when costing stuff. All that said, nice job remaking the original Probe Droid into something that doesn't suck!
surf_rider56
10/21/2017 1:48:19 AM

Its not the Lego bit, I just can't get behind some here-to-unkown guy who supposedly was that powerful in an age when Jedi nowhere to be seen. A Jedi? sure, why not. Knight Speed, again, why not, but all that other stuff + Renewal + that Kyber handing out MOTF to unkown and probably untrained jedi who also hands out abilities he doesn't even have himself ... again, just too much ....
surf_rider56
10/21/2017 1:47:38 AM

I can get past the Lego bit, I can shrugg and move on ... but did you actually check out the List that You compared this guy to?? Two Jaina's (A Powerful Skywalker) an Epic Mara, Ulic, called one of the Greatest Jedi of his era and Jaden Korr, whom Kartarn said was his best trainee ever, and therefore Very highly skilled and dubbed so by a powerful Jedi.
blemelisk
10/20/2017 8:47:31 PM

What would you suggest should happen when a force character destroyed a woefully powerful force artifact that is for the betterment of the galaxy at large? Should it have some other really cool meaningful but not broken benefit? im open to talking about it.
blemelisk
10/20/2017 8:47:11 PM

Ulic was a VERY powerful jedi but went dark before becoming a master, and his abilities dont really indicate being a master of anything really but speed. So, if there is such a prereq please show me where it is written? If you dont like the kyber ability sure i get that, lets discuss it, im certainly open to discussing it. As i mentioned before maybe master of the force 2 it too much.
blemelisk
10/20/2017 8:43:10 PM

But how did Exceptional Exceptional Jedi Apprentice 24, Asajj Ventress, Nightsister 35, Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi 56 (unless she somehow represents something i dont know about yet? in this incarnation), Asajj Ventress, Strike Leader 57 , Ulic Qel-Droma 61 , Mara Jade Skywalker, Galactic Hero 126 , and Jaina Solo, Galactic Hero 136 somehow slipped past your requirement. Now some of these may have become masters, and/or represent that master form (for Mara and Jaina). But im pretty damn sure Asajj never did, nor does the titled apprentice.
blemelisk
10/20/2017 8:39:43 PM

I feel all characters from Licensed sources are valid. I might not like some characters maybe, but that sure as hell doesnt disqualify them from being represented. I also dont care if the character is canon or not, that plays no role in what character etc I choose to do with a CCC. Hell there are a LOT of characters that are no longer cannon now, so why should it mater to me? I also didnt know that being a master was a prereq to certain abilities. Hell i didnt know there were prereqs to abilities.
blemelisk
10/20/2017 8:38:12 PM

Surf.....i dont know where to begin....the fact that you dismiss a character simply because you havent seen a show or dont like it, or what. If that is the case I sure am happy not everyone does that or else we would have a lot of fighting over characters some of us have never heard of before. I tend to lookup and read up on characters i havent heard of before. There are a number of them from the video games I know nothing about. But i sure as hell dont dismiss them cause i never played the game.
blemelisk
10/20/2017 8:35:27 PM

It was my understanding that you cant stack abilities (such as +4 defense from this commander and another +4 defense from another commander , or etc including bonuses from FA). Or is it you cant until some decided you can by a case by case basis? (honest question)
blemelisk
10/20/2017 8:35:22 PM

jen'ari, giving master of the force 2 might be too much, im willing to accept that. I wasnt aware (nor would have inferred by the wording) that mettle stacked, was that decision made more recently or was it back in the wotc days? And you say it cant happen in rebels? would it be ok if i made him fringe? or any other group? or is your beef only the fact that the rebels were going to get this?
jen'ari
10/20/2017 3:56:31 PM

I cost it at 35. Gambit getter that no one can ever target? he will ALWAYS get his his cost back in gambit. recon, tactician, bonuses to attack, It's a Trap are all very good tech as well
General_Grievous
10/20/2017 2:47:33 PM

Agree with Surf, some awesome ideas here but should probably drop half of more of the SAs. I say keep Recon, Master Evader (or rolling evade like BB8), target assist and that would be plenty
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 2:32:23 PM

Well, I costed it at 26 (even with so little base stats, you've got 9 SA's, none of which are negatives) ... so basically, since his Attack is "0" he'll never attack, which means he's never a target, which gives you a permanent shot (especially with tactician) at always having Initiative; course that also begs the question that if we can't shoot at it, why Alert, and Master Evader? Then again, if the Targeting ability would count as an "attack" even if its not him shooting .... just seems like an awful lot for only 15 ....
Lord_Ball
10/20/2017 2:25:43 PM

Change toxic spray to poison spray will omit that breath mask line.
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 12:22:06 AM (Updated: 10/20/2017 2:20:29 PM)

Battle Hardened - Both this characters and attacking enemy characters Base stats cannot be altered during attack/defensive phases involving this character. ?? Assured Strike - A "Failed" roll becomes an auto 11?
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 3:08:49 AM (Updated: 10/20/2017 2:19:32 PM)

.... Blem, it's just .... I Don't Care if its "Canon" just because its Post Disney, nobody outside of kids (and the occassional you) have any idea who this is and a nobody shouldn't have this kind of Power ... and while only three Rebels have Master in their title (Kota, Shaak Ti & Yoda) other than Obi-Wan, nobody Should be a Jedi Master in the Rebels so how can this guy have Master Speed, never mind everything else? ....
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 2:18:35 PM

It's probably costed right (I had it at 8) but you're right in that for a lil sh!t, it just seems to do too much ....
Jargon Madjin
10/20/2017 2:06:20 PM

I like it, 9/10
Jargon Madjin
10/20/2017 2:02:11 PM

Thanks, they're lightsaber based (minus Door shatter, not sure why I included that ^^'))
swinefeld
10/20/2017 6:40:11 AM

OK, I guess creators' comments aren't public...? V.1 - very rough draft. Want a feral, but fairly weak (and mostly un-spammable) nasty little bugger. Attacks anything that get's near it. Tried to use existing abilities to approximate viciousness, but takes a lot of them. 10cm, so shouldn't get popped by shooters unless at close range. I'd like something like Jedi reflexes on it. Move into adjacency, it snaps at you. It's a lot on a piddly critter, I could roll some of it into a new SA. Cost? no clue...
General_Grievous
10/20/2017 5:14:11 AM

Interesting idea giving him Force powers, not sure how I feel about it but cool new take and seems costed right
General_Grievous
10/20/2017 5:12:47 AM

May be super under-costed but General Grievous approved of this piece. Hahaha honestly though should probably cost closer to 75 as he is the best parts of the other Grievous minis and twin attack+ twin blaster is a super 4 attacks for 80-120 Damage at range haha. Also I would change immediate droid reserves to immediate sep reserves for theme reasons.
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 12:14:51 AM (Updated: 10/20/2017 3:11:54 AM)

He looks pretty much like I envisioned him 3 years ago., but instaed of Bond I gave him Synergy & Rapport. You gave him more defensive things, I gave him a few more offensive, but the base stats are earily similar. Did you do a Gorc to match with him?
General_Grievous
10/20/2017 3:11:11 AM

Solid points I'll drop some stats!
jen'ari
10/20/2017 2:15:27 AM

I dont know anything about it thematically, but giving out 2 force and MoF 2 in rebels cannot happen. They already have Survival expert and mettle... For instance Kanan jarrus can get +4 to evade saves and than reroll it with another +4 from mettle. than reroll it to have another +4. so that is potentially +12 to evade saves. Ahsoka Tano can get +4 to defense saves and than mettle for an extra +4. Master speed and levitation means it can start way back in safety to come 12 squares to levitate. levitate being one of the best Movement breakers in the game.
Lord_Ball
10/20/2017 1:41:11 AM

Thanks, I publicized my version of Gorc now too, while Gorc is a Slow offensive powerhouse, Pic is mobile and tricky. Which is why he's a bit light for offense.
blemelisk
10/20/2017 1:03:10 AM

No its actually a pretty good show. Go into it knowing it is for kids and it is enjoyable. :)
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 12:35:46 AM

Another Lego Blem? Please tell me you have young kids :)
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 12:30:42 AM (Updated: 10/20/2017 12:31:44 AM)

Seems to have a pretty high Defense for something the size of a wamp rat .... and why melee and an attack? The Imp probe Droid was 30/14/1/10, Droid, Flight. Recon & Self Destruct. SD made sense because of the movie & your stealth because it clings to rocks but melee & a Hi Defense & Atttack ...?
surf_rider56
10/20/2017 12:25:08 AM

Frankly LB, its a PLANT! How hard could it be to shoot? What's it going to do? Evade? Its kinda wimpy; well it should be its a small Plant!
blemelisk
10/19/2017 11:20:57 PM

I like this change I have made. I didnt create him to do a lot of damage, i created him to be...more...utilitarian, though yes with command buffs etc he likely will do just fine damage output wise, but i wanted him to have a few tools to influence the game outside of just damage, and make him a bit hard to kill (outside of 1000000 HP and 25 Defense). I might...give him Mettle, but as he is now, with other interesting Freemaker characters, i think he would fit right in with the rebels.
jen'ari
10/19/2017 10:42:17 PM

Mettle possibility, renewal, force points, and escape death and levitation... Very powerful stuff
Lord_Ball
10/19/2017 12:01:39 PM

Yeah he was starting to feel a bit overwhelming, but just having synergy didn't feel like it was enough to illustrate the bond the 2 of them shared. Gorc would be similar, though he would likely grant Pic just some extra starting Force points, which I think Pic will do the same instead of having/granting FR1.
jen'ari
10/19/2017 3:01:03 AM (Updated: 10/19/2017 3:01:23 AM)

For the record, I want this piece to think about playing general smaller with him. So ideas towards that end would be great
jen'ari
10/19/2017 3:00:09 AM

I will probably fix b wording for battle hardened and than drop two force abilities while keeping one and add something already known. But being able to leaping assault at the end of a turn is pretty powerful imo.
jen'ari
10/19/2017 2:58:59 AM

One of the most fun thing, imo, the legends group did was create the"special moves" from lightsaber styles. I don't really see a way around not making them new. But i can see the sense in not print 3 on one character
Maul-Ordo
10/19/2017 2:56:17 AM

Thanks Jargon :)
swinefeld
10/19/2017 2:35:18 AM

I also like Battle Hardened, and think the wording can be simplified. I feel like there may be some loopholes hiding in there, can't put my finger on it at the moment. As far as Assured Strike, disagree with GG as an auto-hit != an auto-crit. Hawk and Falling don't have any analogues in the current game. Interesting and cool. I'm terrible at cost calculation, I'll leave that to others, but negating bonuses is a big deal. Lastly, surprised the v-sets haven't remade Piell yet.
General_Grievous
10/19/2017 2:00:32 AM

Lots of cool new ideas going on here Jen'ari. Only critique is maybe swapping a couple with existing abilities or dropping a couple of the new ones and cost slightly for simplicity, especially with two of them being very wordy. Assured Strike for Use The Force, Hawk Bat Swoop for Leaping Assualt, falling avalanche for counter push. I quite like Battle-hardened though, I would change he wording to "printed attack and damage ratings" as I don't think "Base" is a rules word for abilities.
General_Grievous
10/19/2017 1:55:15 AM

Just right on the cusp of having one to many abilities I think (especially if Gorc gives him some like I think he would?) but they all fit pretty well too. Force bond would be the one I would cut for simplicities sake as synergy reflects their dark bro-ness haha. Good job
General_Grievous
10/18/2017 9:13:03 PM

Oops missed changing that, thanks
General_Grievous
10/18/2017 9:12:46 PM

Hmm, well I could go the stealth route but didn't want to make these guys too strong, maybe if I bump the stats but make it so it nom-sentient
Lord_Ball
10/18/2017 9:04:49 PM

(small) Looks good though.
Lord_Ball
10/18/2017 8:59:42 PM

Seems a little too vulnerable to shooters from a distance, even a Battle droid has a decent shot at hitting one of these! Perhaps an ability to give it +4/6 defense against non-adjacent enemies being it's so small?
Jargon Madjin
10/17/2017 11:38:23 PM

Baba Yaga, 10/10
Jargon Madjin
10/16/2017 8:51:03 PM

Over-Costed or just right?
Jargon Madjin
10/16/2017 7:50:20 AM

+Maul-Ordo, I suppose I could have a go at a Michael card at some point. +Cassus fett, Lol, well Jason did beat Freddy in 'Freddy vs Jason' - Oh sorry spoilers ^^'
Showing 1 - 50 of 29,594 Comments12345...592Next