RegisterDonate Login

It is possible this site is not entirely stable.

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 28,338 Comments12345...567Next
Lord Starkiller
4/27/2017 7:31:08 AM (Updated: 4/27/2017 7:37:40 AM)

Thanks, I've edited it :) Also, this version is based off the Grievous we see in Episode 20 of the 2003 Clone Wars micro-series.
saber1
4/27/2017 5:26:28 AM (Updated: 4/27/2017 6:26:39 AM)

An epic Chewie? Why not? I wanted to portray the physicality of Wookiees that we haven't quite seen yet on screen but is described repeatedly in written media. Built around Dual Weapon Use, he can run to adjacency and pop an enemy for 40 (possibly activating the enemy) and then throw them for another 40. Or sit and pop 'em thrice for 30 each. Or pop once for 30 and repair the Droid bodyguard that is soaking up the damage meant for the big furball. Enraged reactions fits thematically and ups his damage output and TK is an approximation of the Wookiee fighting technique/prowess. Thoughts?
4/27/2017 6:22:56 AM

I don't think the Force stuff is warranted. Also, is he meant to have both Cunning and Opportunist? With Parry and LS Mastery you can drop Force-Attuned Armor. The rest looks pretty good.
saber1
4/27/2017 5:31:10 AM (Updated: 4/27/2017 5:34:48 AM)

IDK, he can wreck an entire Sith squad in one round should circumstances line up and having access to Levitation in the NR makes that easier to pull off. Can he gain Accurate or Sniper as a Bounty Hunter? As it stands he can attack all enemies twice for 40 each, 50 if Sith. With the right positioning that would be crushing.
CorellianComedian
4/27/2017 2:43:50 AM

It's potent, but I think it's fine: if he uses both he can't reroll, and losing your EPIC to an opponent would be game over. No Accurate or anything keeps in tidy. That is a great suite of Force powers, by the way! I really like the design. I kinda want to say he should cost a little more, but EPICs are hard to judge.
CorellianComedian
4/27/2017 2:41:33 AM

I think Sever Force is fine. And I didn't really come out and say it earlier: nice suite of Force powers! The possibilities are ENDLESS!
donnyrides
4/27/2017 1:31:04 AM (Updated: 4/27/2017 1:33:04 AM)

Was thinking of giving a save on sai cha. I thought my force powers were pretty clever actually. One hits a single target with no save. One hits multiple targets with a save. Sever force was more for theme. Wasting g this guy's turn for that would be wasteful. In OR you can put arca on thons back and pull of sever really easily too. If you guys think it's too much I'll take your word for it
4/27/2017 1:04:45 AM

I'm a bit concerned about the interaction of Twin, Dark Temptation and Blaster Barrage. That is an enormous amount of damage output.
4/27/2017 1:01:46 AM

Immortal indeed. He looks like a major pain to kill. A bit light damage output, but with his staying power it's not a big deal.
spryguy1981
4/27/2017 12:44:52 AM (Updated: 4/27/2017 1:01:13 AM)

This is reflecting Obi vs Grievous mostly, but you could argue any of his other Clone Wars duel scenes. You actually can't use Master Speed on his surprise move as reflected by "on this characters turn." Since Leaping replaces turn you wouldn't get to Surprise 6, and leap 12, it would still be 6 and 6.
spryguy1981
4/27/2017 12:58:42 AM

Not a big fan of Range 10 Repulse as that's a bit much to me. I would suggest dropping Repulse as that would be my main critique.
spryguy1981
4/27/2017 12:56:00 AM

Solid, great mechanics with him. I like your take on him.
spryguy1981
4/27/2017 12:55:06 AM

Really well done here. I like how he has some good in game mechanics without being overpowered.
spryguy1981
4/27/2017 12:52:58 AM

Looks pretty solid overall. I'm not sure I would have him essentially replace the Yammosk in a squad, nor do I necessarily seeing him with a base damage of 30.
spryguy1981
4/27/2017 12:50:22 AM

I think Sai Cha should be relegated towards Non-Uniques. I think having a 10% chance of insta-death on someone's Epic or power piece is a bit much. Either that or make it triple damage.
spryguy1981
4/27/2017 12:47:14 AM

I think the Regen is a bit much for this. I would do Regen 20 probably.
CorellianComedian
4/26/2017 11:42:28 PM

You've got a great design, but I feel like he needs something else to be EPIC. Low damage on the move, Dark Assault is hard to set up, Lightning 3 is somewhat unwieldy. I would totally play this piece, but I think the Bounty Hunter's Challenge Dooku would beat him... actually quite easily. I'll think about it, if I come up with any specific suggestions, I'll let you know.
CorellianComedian
4/26/2017 11:37:52 PM

Wow - Obi-Wan is gonna be moving! Surprise Master Speed followed by 120 damage Leaping Assault... very nice. Close-Quarters Defender is great! Unique is a nice qualifier. Does this represent Obi-Wan from any particular scene? Oh, and nice call with Force Push 3 + Surprise Move. FP3 is the worst ability ever unless you can move 12 squares and use it.
CorellianComedian
4/26/2017 11:34:35 PM

HO GOODNESS! That is POTENT! I... am not sure about Active Regen. I like it - you have to focus fire and kill him quickly... but I'm not sure if it is too strong with DR10, or maybe too weak without it. Improved Flamethrower is amazing, Battering Charge is terrifying, nice CE. I like him aside from Regen maaaaybe being too powerful.
CorellianComedian
4/26/2017 11:32:01 PM

Not sure about Sai Cha - 10% chance is nasty, but you won't be spending much time attacking when he'll be able to Drain Life at least every other turn, maybe more. I like this guy a lot, and I think he's pretty well-balanced. Nice to see Nihilus finally do something with a lightsaber, too :P
CorellianComedian
4/26/2017 11:23:27 PM (Updated: 4/26/2017 11:30:06 PM)

For his CE: what would you guys think of a cost increase and leaving it as-is? I DID update it so that it can't be spammed with the Jedi Exile. My thought process is that even with automatic success, it's limited by Force points, and most pieces can still only block once per turn. If, say, a Jedi Battlemaster is being shot at by Cade Bane or Boba Fett AFH, he can auto-block one hit and then he eats the remaining 3 attacks. A piece with Evade will probably dodge two, at no cost of FP.
CorellianComedian
4/26/2017 11:22:26 PM (Updated: 4/26/2017 11:25:15 PM)

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I changed Summon Lightsaber (got rid of some leftover stuff from another custom). I'm thinking about dropping attack to 16... there are Epics with absurdly high attack. Exar Kun has +19 AND Niman Mastery, and Lord Hoth has +17 with + Niman Mastery.
CorellianComedian
4/26/2017 10:42:13 PM

Hmmm... I'm wondering about Sever Force. Speed 8 with Intuition means he can set himself up for it nicely, but he can also do it with Revan's swap. Point being: it's really easy to use. But, at the same time, you're sacrificing the turn of a 130 point piece to shut off someone else's Force. Sure, he can use it a lot, but why spend the entire game choking your opponent's FP instead of just killing them with his awesome Force powers? With that wicked Sith Hunger 3 and Wound in the Force, they aren't going to have many FP anyways.
Lord Starkiller
4/26/2017 10:37:29 PM

I was gonna second that. Force Sever makes things WAY too one-sided. Other than that, great custom so far.
4/26/2017 10:27:46 PM

Green Jedi Affinity, you say? Done.
saber1
4/26/2017 10:24:24 PM (Updated: 4/26/2017 10:25:14 PM)

A good start but a few suggestions, if I may. Sever Force on someone with a ton of Force points and so difficult to kill is worrisome. I would drop it. Also, Sai Cha probably should have a save involved or deal triple damage on a 19 or 20. Snatch Life, Force Hunger and Drain Life have too much overlap. I'd probably drop 1 of them.
4/26/2017 10:19:16 PM

Agreed on base Atk, especially with the ability of Synergy to jack it up even more.
donnyrides
4/26/2017 9:29:35 PM

let him bring in all Green Jedi.
donnyrides
4/26/2017 9:26:24 PM

What is lightsaber aid? Attack 18 is a little high IMO. I think 16 is about as high as anybody can really go. especially since he has MotF 3 so he can reroll 3 times. I'm awful at giving advice on such powerful characters so don't take too much stock in my words =)
spryguy1981
4/26/2017 9:24:54 PM

Second Saber, the CE is a bit much. I would do a +2 to saves. Summon Lightsaber should probably be restricted to a Unique Ally with a lightsaber is defeated. Don't think he should gain twin on the death of a 5pt Youngling.
donnyrides
4/26/2017 9:14:56 PM

Making monster characters isn't really my forte. Did I go overboard? He Doesn't have Evade or Parry or some style that blocks everything. He does have LS defense but every time you think you've got him licked, he steals some life from somebody. He can do it in mass with saves or he can hit a single target and still smack them with 2 more bursts of lightning if needed. I'm satisfied. Found Sai Cha while researching on the web. It was an attack that was used in his LS style of Atra-Manua. It cuts off the enemies head. It sounded cool so I added it.
AlexTheGreat
4/26/2017 7:33:58 PM

SUMMON LIGHTSABER!!!! Man that's genius!!! I'm definetly going to use it!
4/26/2017 6:36:27 PM

Yes! Epic Cade! Since he is Melee, Blaster Barrage is basically Lightsaber Sweep.
4/26/2017 6:18:03 PM

Sweet. Summon Lightsaber is pretty slick and accurate to that trailer. The CE is a bit much. I suggest a bonus to those rolls instead. Synergy is great and I like the lvl 4 Force powers.
>Jase<
4/26/2017 4:33:26 PM

Juno Eclipse is Rebel.
AlexTheGreat
4/26/2017 3:53:39 PM

OOOHHH YEAH!!! My favorite character looks very sharp!! Quite a pioneer he is!!!
AlexTheGreat
4/26/2017 3:23:58 PM

You're right!!! I was wondering if the cost was right or not! I'll have to reconsider it.
General_Grievous
4/26/2017 3:19:36 PM

I think I would up his cost or drop: one of his styles, and recovery is not super needed since he can heal himself for about the same. But I like the epicness
General_Grievous
4/26/2017 3:13:49 PM

Only thing I would do is drop the normal unleashed or up his cost quite a bit as he is putting out 140 damage unstoppable repulse/across the board pushes each turn. This guy could easily cost close to 200
Lord Starkiller
4/26/2017 2:18:11 PM (Updated: 4/26/2017 2:25:40 PM)

Absolute beast and quite adaptable to whatever situation he finds himself in along with a nice bag of tricks. Wonder how he'd fair against Lord Starkiller...
Lord Starkiller
4/26/2017 2:21:41 PM (Updated: 4/26/2017 2:22:05 PM)

Thanks! That's this EPIC in a nutshell. Raw power! He hits hard and unless you're a Force User, stand to get wiped out by his attacks.
AlexTheGreat
4/26/2017 2:15:43 PM

One of my favorite characters! Totaly a BEAST!!!
donnyrides
4/26/2017 2:00:30 PM (Updated: 4/26/2017 2:14:52 PM)

I think Epic Vader needs an update since Lothal is better than him. The feature custom ability on this character is Triad Attacks. To me vader was a no nonsense butt kicker but not a swam killer or agile swordsman making leaps and quick slashes, but I do see him as delivering constant hard attacks against single targets. I would LOVE to rage then sweep a few targets.
AlexTheGreat
4/26/2017 2:13:55 PM

Cool!!! I like it! Is that a Legends or Disney canon representation?
Lord Starkiller
4/26/2017 5:25:19 AM

Hey you helped too with the Force Power Unleashed ability :)
saber1
4/26/2017 5:12:02 AM (Updated: 4/26/2017 5:12:44 AM)

I'm going to say that due to being in a significantly different timeline/alt. universe he is a character "different enough" from Galen Marek to count for this week's contest.
4/26/2017 5:06:26 AM

Pretty solid Dook. I like the use of Quad as he was advanced in age. Looks tough to kill. Good CE but I suggest coming up with something more unique, more Dookuish. For an epic lvl. character I might push that Force Lightning to 4.
General_Grievous
4/26/2017 5:04:10 AM

You did do an awesome job here haha
General_Grievous
4/26/2017 5:02:59 AM

Nice! I would swap force lighting for chain lightning to give him some scrub killer effects but Solid Dooku and love th the CE!
Lord Starkiller
4/26/2017 4:31:17 AM

Yeah, I feel he kinda occupies a "gray area". He's TECHNICALLY the same person but from an alternate universe. saber1 seems to dig the guy though. Not sure if that's a nod or not.
Showing 1 - 50 of 28,338 Comments12345...567Next