RegisterDonate Login

Makes you strong enough to pull the ears off a Gundark.

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 29,191 Comments12345...584Next
8/18/2017 6:08:16 AM

In lieu of Overload I created In Service of the Mission which is a self-damaging version of Overload. I also tweaked the CE so that VWW, when targeting non-uniques, is a straight save 11. No tricks on either side. Uniques can still reroll or have the save modified.
Lord_Ball
8/17/2017 12:40:05 PM

I agree, the simplicity of dropping the second part was warranted thanks!
8/17/2017 5:57:00 AM

Looks like an accurate portrayal of the character and reasonable escalation from the non-unique ImpMish. Only thing I can think of is some Camaraderie with Marasiah Fel?
8/17/2017 5:54:45 AM

Very interesting piece and twist on the ImpMish subfaction. Betrayal is a cool idea though will infrequently come into play between Diplomat and the 5% chance of rolling a 1. Still, the flavor is worth it! I'm leaning towards the simplicity of dropping the second part of Peace Broker.
8/17/2017 5:40:13 AM

It is interesting that you say that as I was considering a thematic limitation. What are your thoughts on the CE now?
surf_rider56
8/17/2017 5:02:32 AM

Overload is a little strong for Victory. You have to make a +15 roll to avoid joining the other squad? Twice? All of this as a Diplomat which may make him impossible to stop getting close enough?? Even just making 2 saves of 11 may be tough for a Boba, Vader, etc. to make.
8/17/2017 4:17:00 AM

(During setup, choose a fringe character. The chosen character's point cost is 1/2 of its printed cost. It starts the skirmish with damage equal to half its HP (rounded down). That character is set up in Gambit. It cannot be activated, cannot move, and does not count as a legal target. Its space cannot be entered, but it provides cover. The first time a missionary heals the chosen character it immediately joins that squad. The chosen character cannot be activated this round.)
saber1
8/17/2017 4:12:56 AM (Updated: 8/17/2017 4:14:07 AM)

My confusion as to the recipient of the X cost is due to the wording being lifted from Han In Carbonite. Han's ability targets himself, so the "this character" refers to Han. Alternately, your piece grants the benefit to another character. The second sentence might be clearer if it read "The chosen character's cost is 1/2 its printed value." Subsequent uses of "this" should be changed to "that" with the final sentence again referencing "the chosen character". That's how I see it, anyway. YMMV.
8/17/2017 3:01:59 AM

Well it does say that they start wth half HP, maybe have to say it takes half their HP in damage. I will have to clean it up by Saturday
harryg
8/17/2017 2:38:08 AM

Revan Redeemed for 50. Comfortably run two (maybe three?) Terantateks in epics. Cool. However, doesn't a character need to be injured in order to be healed, meaning the other team could just not attack the piece or you'd need to move something like Momow out to gambit?
8/17/2017 1:29:21 AM

that is better. if you are familiar with Han in Carbonite it should not be that complicated.
Lord_Ball
8/17/2017 1:11:47 AM

That sounds insanely complicated for basically no reason. At the very least you should reference it as "that character" instead of this character.
8/16/2017 9:33:29 PM

I tried to follow Han in Carbonite. So. its whatever the cost is of the chosen character. If you choose Boba Fett, Assassin for Hire his cost is 50 so half of it is 25. His HP is 110, so half is 55 rounded up is 60. He would be healed 20, so he would start with 80 HP. Morrigan Corde cost is 31 so she would cost 16. and her HP is 70, rounded to 40 heal for 20 to be 60. So it will need to be tweaked. Maybe even just, this character cannot be activated this round. I will start with that.
8/16/2017 9:25:05 PM

Which character's cost is X?
8/16/2017 4:45:56 PM

Made Daunting Figure. I figure line of sight is probably more accurate since it does not work behind walls. Like in Rogue One, once that lightsaber turned on... oh ya. Or even in Rebels when Kanan and Ezra turn around and see Vader. YES!
jen'ari
8/16/2017 4:40:46 PM (Updated: 8/16/2017 4:40:55 PM)

agreed on all accounts, but than it could not be on a tech piece in Imperial. Maybe we can try a new version
8/16/2017 4:12:42 PM

It probably should have limited the allies portion to those of lower cost. Keeps the "pecking order" intact. As is, it simply encourages separation of Vader and an allied Bane.
8/16/2017 3:38:00 PM

agreed. this is the sticky part. do you make a whole new ability to include that? The Imperial governor has it (as in he somehow makes Vader fear him). I fully agree with you that Bane would not be scared of Vader.
Naarkon
8/16/2017 3:28:49 PM (Updated: 8/16/2017 3:29:46 PM)

Might want to change instill fear to a non-unique version. There are way too many ridiculously powerful followers in Sith that would not be afraid of Vader. Darth Bane comes to mind.
SithBot
8/15/2017 10:21:01 PM (Updated: 8/15/2017 10:22:16 PM)

Love Instill Fear and the CE. In Sith it might affect a few followers, but most are Commanders (Revan, Caedus, Plageuis) so it works out great. Giving him Sith Rage and with Bandon he can drop 100. No MoF2 helps with other things. 60 ranged
8/15/2017 9:39:37 PM

Dropped affinity and I dropped Doctrine of Fear and added Instill fear, which i think is cool with the CE.
8/15/2017 9:37:24 PM

I do not like that his best use is probably swap so might change him up
8/15/2017 8:08:50 PM

My thinking is that when Tarkin, an Imperial through and through, asks Vader to do something it's to accomplish Imperial business. This makes him an Imperial Vader. We have plenty of Imperial Vaders. When (if) a Sith Vader is ever added to the game, I hope he is built 100% for the faction.
SithBot
8/15/2017 7:22:58 PM

might be best in imperials. swap, my goodness. boba goes. swap for vader get adjacent do 60. next turn win init drop 80 or area auto... ouch. let alone that he drops 120 in imperials with tarkin and thrawn. but tarkin, thrawn, vader, boba sounds fun
SithBot
8/15/2017 6:26:10 PM

ya but how much of it is actually used? Bastila, Aleema, 82 Bane, 84 Exar all have Sith Sorcery, Ommin has that cool Sith Magic, Wyyyrlok has Force stun, Amanoa has activation, Cognus has Sith Spell. we could just give him Repulse 3. That deals 30, pushes them back and activates them but it replaces turn. I wonder which would be better
spryguy1981
8/15/2017 6:11:18 PM

Not bad, not a fan of Wave activating though. We have enough stuff that activates imo.
8/15/2017 5:36:28 PM

Yes!! Even droids haha
Deaths_Baine
8/15/2017 5:34:11 PM

he should just have an ability: Fear and dead men: when this characters activates all non-unique characters within 12 squares are defeated.
8/15/2017 4:53:58 PM

YES! glad you got that Master of Evil part Sir Guinness is awesome
8/15/2017 4:52:51 PM

But Vader and Tarkin have such a great relationship. I think it would be fun to possibly make a Sith Tarkin. I see no more reason for Vader to bring in Tarkin than for Tarkin to bring in Vader. Tarkin did ask Vader to do things and Vader did listen. If the only lore we had was A New Hope we would think that Tarkin was his superior.
8/15/2017 4:46:45 PM

Great subtitle, btw. I keep hearing Sir Alec Guinness' voice in my head when I read it.
8/15/2017 4:35:18 PM

Thematically I feel it makes more sense for a Sith Vader to pull Tark into the Sith faction. He's using imps to achieve Sith purposes. However, from a game balance perspective, Tarkin in a Sith squad may not be wise.
saber1
8/15/2017 4:28:47 PM (Updated: 8/15/2017 4:31:08 PM)

Don't forget Melee Attack! Also, I'm not really feeling the Tarkin Affinity. If we a talking a pure Sith version of Vader (and we are) I don't see him giving and heed to persons who are overtly Imperial with the exception of Palps.
jen'ari
8/15/2017 1:38:43 AM (Updated: 8/15/2017 1:38:50 AM)

The Sith Vader that needs to be designed. Feel free to just copy this one and put it directly into the game.
8/13/2017 12:50:44 AM

She's a Zeltron. Typical of the species. She does have blue hair. Not old lady blue, though.
jak
8/12/2017 9:22:52 PM

why is Deliah's skin red?
kobayashimaru
8/12/2017 3:54:11 PM

awesome lord ball, that's what I figured, though it would suck had some folks split hairs and wheedled for an effective DR10 hehe.
General_Grievous
8/11/2017 6:12:39 PM

11 works too and great stuff, cool that he helps fringe Grievous too
Lord_Ball
8/11/2017 2:07:31 PM

I'm thinking kaleesh warlord got a new best friend. Well done.
Lord_Ball
8/11/2017 1:48:42 PM (Updated: 8/11/2017 1:57:35 PM)

Is that better? I want to make it clear that a twin attacker suffers the -10 to both attacks.
8/11/2017 1:21:20 PM

Actually makes hypori even better and might keep his hp above half to get off another spinning blade attack. And the stable footing is also useful.
kobayashimaru
8/11/2017 7:16:55 AM

No disintegrations is the price for that awesome, effects droids CE i guess, which is a nice balance. It will go well with Zann Consortium or Black-Sun subfaction theme squads. I would reword the CE to be clearer though: in the rulebook, delete and replace the clause of 2nd sentence with: "All bonus attacks made against a Unique enemy via this CE, are made at -10DMG" rather than the extant "-10DMG to all attacks this turn" giving an enemy piece essentially DR10... otherwise, an awesome piece. thanks LordBall!
kobayashimaru
8/11/2017 7:11:36 AM

I have a 3D printed 'chuck norris' figure to-scale with SWMinis, I'll run that as a proxy hehe. this is fun, though that CE is super-uber stealth. I like it. this is a swiss-utility knife, and a very versatile piece. 9,12/10
SithBot
8/11/2017 5:32:02 AM

I went with 11 because dr10 can be pretty big on him
General_Grievous
8/11/2017 5:23:37 AM

Missed the original version but I like what I see here
General_Grievous
8/11/2017 5:22:22 AM

Heck yes, this is awesome! I wholely support the idea. But honestly should cost less, more like 10 for being so specific
General_Grievous
8/11/2017 5:21:25 AM

That's fair I could do that, feels odd thematically as the basic model had it but I suppose transmit orders is much stronger
SithBot
8/11/2017 4:09:04 AM

Force Valor makes him a commander right? so he will not gain the benefits from gen sky right?
SithBot
8/11/2017 4:07:32 AM

fun design make make it cost a tad less.
SithBot