RegisterDonate Login

Custom Character Comments

Filter
Filtered By Custom Character #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 33,478 Comments12345...670Next
DakkaBoyzRool
3/31/2020 4:18:32 PM

Thanks for the input, I wasn't sure whether he'd be too strong, too weak, underpriced, etc. First custom and all. Also, my first custom on this site! Woot!
harryg
3/31/2020 8:29:25 AM

Lol me too honestly, Oblivious is a match made in heaven for this peace and the movement breaker is actually quite useful in Separatists for what is basically an 8 point piece (subtracting the 9 points you're saving on the Battle Droid Officer which is generally an auto-include in the kinds of squads this guy would be used in)
DakkaBoyzRool
3/29/2020 10:50:49 AM

I'm just surprised no-one's made a custom of this guy yet; especially with a name like that.
DakkaBoyzRool
3/29/2020 10:33:21 AM (Updated: 3/29/2020 10:49:32 AM)

Yeah, there wasn't much to work on with this guy; A Unique Fire Control Droid was pretty much all he was.
harryg
3/29/2020 3:44:06 AM

Nice!
harryg
3/29/2020 3:43:57 AM

I see the flavor here but there's no reason to use this piece over a Battle Droid Officer as is for 3 points more
HanSolo79
3/20/2020 8:59:27 PM

Final Touch: Added +10 HP a minor increase to his survivability to further encourage attempts at using IWTA. This is one of the best customs I've ever designed. Thank you Bloomilk team, for keeping this site up and running. Donating ASAP!
3/20/2020 7:30:52 PM

That's a pretty sweet upgrade
imyurhukaberry
3/20/2020 2:49:41 PM

Revenge of the Sith character but add Jedi Hunter, Supreme Commander, and Unfortunate Droid
imyurhukaberry
3/13/2020 8:09:16 PM (Updated: 3/19/2020 7:17:27 PM)

Clone Strike character but add Evade, Synergy +4(+4 Atk, Unique Ally), and Force Grip 1.
spryguy1981
3/18/2020 3:09:41 AM

Cool idea, maybe update the CE to include droids?
imyurhukaberry
3/13/2020 8:10:22 PM (Updated: 3/18/2020 1:44:25 AM)

Clone Strike character but add Loner, Evade, Willing to Serve, and Force Push 1
imyurhukaberry
3/16/2020 8:15:32 PM (Updated: 3/16/2020 8:43:56 PM)

Clone Strike character but add Dam Red 10, Jedi Hatred +10, and Gen'Dai (Extra Melee Attack: This character may make one additional attack on it's turn against an enemy within 2 squares. This attack counts as a melee attack.) (Increased Regeneration 10: This character removes an additional 10 damage at the end of it's turn regardless of movement.)
3/14/2020 5:08:03 AM

Haha no way it's great having a legend like yourself critiquing to improve, and yeah I didn't want to go full blown power piece like she should be at 100, honestly she is probably a better 200 point piece but this is a fun representation of the early villain we meet. And being able to zip around and slowly pick away at people seems fun.
3/14/2020 4:55:41 AM

Happy to help. You've dialed this guy in nicely from where you began. CCC is fun. :)
kiki
3/14/2020 3:11:09 AM

Pretty solid, thanks.
3/14/2020 2:50:45 AM

Trying not to be lazy, so here's a whack at CE wording: Once per round, Unique Rebel characters in your squad with a Force rating (including this character) may reroll a save when using a named Force Power. *There could be holes in that wording that I'm missing, but it reads well, lol.
3/14/2020 2:05:35 AM

Nice and simple upgrade. More useful with latter day WotC characters, where they just really weren't strong enough for their cost back then. :)
imyurhukaberry
3/14/2020 1:50:58 AM

The idea is to make the original character playable with as few tweaks as possible. IMO...AS2 would put this one over the series 2 version. So I wanted something that would make me play either one depending on the squad build.
3/13/2020 10:11:11 PM

You could safely make them advanced shields 2 if you wanted
imyurhukaberry
3/13/2020 8:08:30 PM (Updated: 3/13/2020 8:20:11 PM)

Clone Strike character but increase HP to 70, and add Greater Mobile Attack.
imyurhukaberry
3/13/2020 8:09:54 PM

Clone Strike character but increase HP to 30, Defense to 18, Attack to +4, and add Speed 8.
3/13/2020 6:45:27 AM

Thanks for clarifying. Hmm, might need some wording adjustments (there may be a precedent I'm forgetting) but intent of his/their own powers is good to know.
kiki
3/13/2020 5:00:00 AM

Stuff like lightsaber defense and dark temptation.
swinefeld
3/13/2020 3:08:13 AM (Updated: 3/13/2020 3:24:49 AM)

Her Motf3 TE tricks could be quite crazy if your fodder is well-placed. I'm not sure what to make of that, so I'll pose that question to any active players that are better at breaking stuff on the table than I can in my head. ;) edit: maybe not so much. edit2: highly useful for Burst Lightning against 10hp enemy door control, mice and such, or twice on a key but distant 20hp enemy. I kinda suck at this, lol.
3/13/2020 2:13:39 AM

I agree with GG that the CE is really good. Helping some of the good & cheap-ish Reb Jedi to stick around in a low-act squad. By "Force power save" do you mean saves against a Force power, or simply spending Force to reroll any save? I assume the latter, but just checking. Force Attuned/Push/Pull combo possibility is super fun.
kiki
3/11/2020 8:20:58 AM

I guess if you think about it he's more artifact chasing...
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/11/2020 7:37:17 AM

That fits perfectly, thanks! I might make it for all attacks just so that the whole character doesn't end up being melee hate.
3/11/2020 5:37:07 AM

That's a great CE! And useful in many circumstances. Articfaxr defender seems new to this character now and works pretty well thematically even though I personally don't find it to be a very useful special ability in game. Nice changes!
3/11/2020 4:56:38 AM

I really like what you're trying to to represent, so I'll toss out a crude idea... Spinning Blade Defense...or whatever name (when attacked by an adjacent enemy, after the attack is resolved, this character may immediately move one/x square(s). Just spit-balling, so to speak. Interaction with Leap 2 etc?
3/11/2020 4:05:31 AM

I skimmed some Wook content which I acknowledge != source content. Also noting that Independent Crew != Independent Outfit, so seemingly refers to other characters we may see here later. :) I'm not sure about GG's suggestion to drop Slow to cost 1FP since he can use it, move, and then hit a different target with it. That seems fairly strong, but that play means he's not doing damage, so perhaps not a big deal. I'm assuming it isn't intended to stack on a single target.
3/11/2020 3:22:05 AM

I'm not sure I've covered that last bit very well here, but at +22pts=half the squad, I think adding mostly solid attackers rather than a ton of cheap tech/filler is the way to go. Dodonna +X, or maybe Cham Syndulla + Twi'leks? Ayy Vida? Mission Vao? Tw Scout, Tw Rebel Agent etc. A good player (I'm certainly not) might find the right mix. I dunno, I'm just enjoying the tinkering. :)
3/11/2020 3:20:44 AM

Be my guest, haha! For the record, I appreciate the goals behind how the v17 version turned out. Kyle/Mercs, working with other characters in the set, and trying to avoid the landmines of potential brokenness due to Rebels's deep pool of discount support.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/10/2020 7:50:16 AM

I was trying to represent Obi-Wan's fighting retreat in the duel (so no attacks of opportunity), and they did also spin their blades a lot lol. But you're right, it's not perfect- I might try to think of a new ability to replace it.
3/10/2020 5:53:58 AM

You could drop independent outfit or give him a one line basic CE, maybe about him being able to use reflect for free once each turn of you go that route. And I would drop cunning for space, he already hits really hard with GMA Triple and extra force power blast. Force slow is near but seems overpriced for force points, you could safely make it 1 cost
3/10/2020 5:53:52 AM

Yes! Love these two characters! All is accurate too, I am really thinking that what's needed is just a thinning of a few abilities and powers to streamline them a bit. For thinning I would say keep your force power suite or drop push OR pull. I would swap rolling evade for shield or Reflect as it seems to reflect much more what he was doing. .
3/10/2020 5:42:21 AM

Can I submit this piece as a do-over for the version we got? Or at least a new version haha
3/10/2020 5:41:15 AM

Wow that is an upgrade! The only thing I'm or sure on is spinning blade attack just because my vision of it is different. But some odd characters have it so you are probably closer in your interpretation. Great job!
3/10/2020 5:36:56 AM

And valid point about Corruption, I figured that it would represent her manipulation and environmental twisting. She could always triple burst lighting a 30 hp remaining enemy. I was considering Storm, Unleash the Force and repulse to fill a similar role if you think those fit better.
General_Grievous
3/10/2020 5:35:16 AM (Updated: 3/10/2020 5:36:47 AM)

Thanks Swine! I have been trying to get an Abeloth in the game for a long time at the 100 or 200 point level, she is my last request (other than someone please make Huges good hahaha). I really wanted to have her slowly collecting enemy life forces to grow her power which is what she's all about. This piece is at the start of when we meet her in the novels before she is dueling with tentacles and all that.
3/10/2020 2:18:02 AM

Interesting...very interesting, indeed. Crazy Force strength. I dig the idea of her building up an attack/def rating over time. That's fun even if it doesn't come into play very often. :D As a rules issue, I don't believe an enemy dying *later* from her having corrupted them would count for ALE (not saying you implied that at all, just thinking out loud while trying to discover some of her less obvious tricks). A lot to think through, for sure. Cool entry!
3/7/2020 7:16:56 AM

I don't know (and haven't read up on yet) this character. Seems like way too many abilities, even if all are fitting... but as an initial comment, I really like Force Slow and Psychometry, and Stim Heal (recommend leveling it consistently by naming it Stim Heal 40) which it (as an SA) is stronger than Force Heal 40 by -2 FP. I'll have more to say once I've studied up a bit more. :)
3/7/2020 3:16:29 AM

Updated. +Flight/GMA, -Stable Footing, also added Twi'lek (d'oh!) and some FT for fun. Rather stacked card, but my "conservative" space-check template != the mad skills of DarkDracul, so...
3/7/2020 1:59:38 AM

Thanks guys, good suggestions! @GG, Flight does indeed make better sense for the character since I didn't go with Acrobatic to differentiate from the v-set version. @gandalf, since there are only the 2 "replaces attacks" abilities, they pretty much telegraph door shenanigans with Thermal, and in general. GMA adds another very useful element to such shenanigans. Also, Flight/GMA would not need to be defined on the card, so that's a big plus all around. I think I'll check card space, and likely update according to what I find. :)
3/6/2020 4:04:01 PM

I feel like stable footing could be flight on retrospect
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/6/2020 9:35:54 AM (Updated: 3/6/2020 9:36:46 AM)

Looks good. I think they could safely have GMA/Intuition/some ability to let them move and make all their attacks, but I guess they could get that anyway (Rieekan+TBSV).
gandalfthegreatestwizard
3/6/2020 9:30:16 AM

Yeah, it never made sense to me that people couldn't leap over pits and terrain. I thought the CE was fitting since Obi-Wan's style and Soresu in general was all about a strong defense until his opponent was worn down, and waiting to attack until the opponent made a mistake.
3/6/2020 8:20:12 AM

This is a substantially better version of the duo than we got. Great stuff!
3/6/2020 5:36:23 AM

Interesting take on Force Leap 2; Flight as a Force Power so it seems? I like that the "go last" feature is a CE so can be messed with. Pretty cool. Tough nut to crack with SSM and Renewal 2/MotF2. Twin spinning blade + pseudo-flight if needed is badass. Smack some stuff and end in low objects, hopefully nonadjacent.
2/29/2020 4:13:11 AM

Ah! Felt like something was missing but I couldn't put my finger on it so didn't say anything hahaha
Showing 1 - 50 of 33,478 Comments12345...670Next