RegisterDonate Login

Squad Comments

Filter
Filtered By Squad #. Unfilter

Showing 1 - 50 of 40,423 Comments12345...809Next
gandalfthegreatestwizard
6/4/2020 12:02:38 AM

The Weequay Thug and the Gamorrean Thug were both options. But neither fits if I have Bib (so Unkar can use Wager) and the rest of the guys.
6/3/2020 8:07:29 PM

Too bad no thugs to add
jen'ari
6/2/2020 1:17:45 PM

I don't know the +2 attack is so insanely powerful in Rebels with their low attack ratings.
6/2/2020 5:00:46 AM

Drop him like a bad habit. Honestly I don’t think he’s needed, he’s tech overkill. Put in R2 w/ sensor and 3 mice for the same cost.
jen'ari
6/2/2020 3:14:11 AM

Artoo has rival for non unique droids
TimmerB123
6/2/2020 2:18:12 AM (Updated: 6/2/2020 2:31:43 AM)

As with any swap squad (even with Mas) - put a mouse droid in. I know you have See-Threepio, but speed 8 mice are very handy, ESPECIALLY without Mas. You can also then swap C-3PO (using a mouse) to extend your relay orders deeper into enemy territory or distract that enemy CE. Agreed on the Keeper. However - it's even more important for the Leia cannon CE than the K-3PO swap. The only true offensive piece K-3PO could swap out of range in this squad is Luke. However - if you give it to Leia, her CE is given board wide to anyone.
FlyingArrow
6/1/2020 11:35:50 PM

Links to the tournament: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28288 . http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28287 .
FlyingArrow
6/1/2020 8:08:07 PM

If you use K-3PO, I recommend using Keeper of the Whills.
6/1/2020 12:40:21 AM

Not that it was really needed, but you used Dodonna effectively against me in the finals of the Squadbuilding Depth Tournament Finals
5/31/2020 5:10:57 AM

actually a good piece. GREAT reinforcement choice, especially with any boost (Jabba CL, Karrde, Mit'Thrawn, etc) - Instant Lobot killer! I brought TWO in as reinforcements at least one time a 3 years ago at GenCon to keep R2 astromech in fear. Pseudo accurate vs droids and a bonus to boot!
FlyingArrow
5/30/2020 8:19:34 PM

I remember the Ugor from West End Games RPG back in college. But mainly just because it's a piece I have seen on the board maybe once ever.
5/30/2020 6:40:12 PM

Big Ugor fan? Confession - it’s just there to make the requisite 3 characters from Evasive Action.
FlyingArrow
5/30/2020 4:27:08 AM

I love that there's a Ugor in there. Makes the whole tournament worth it.
5/30/2020 12:43:30 AM

Oooh - spymaster - good call. He is cloaked, gets +4/+10 twin when positioned right, and gives traps. nice.
FlyingArrow
5/29/2020 10:07:52 PM

(I'd still house rule it if you want, though. Sounds fun.)
FlyingArrow
5/29/2020 10:07:19 PM

Even more than that, SBM is involuntary movement (like Force Push). So just like if you're counterpushed, you couldn't spend a Force point to move an extra square because it isn't your move (even though it's on your turn). In the same way, you can't "boost" SBM movement with Force phase because it isn't Traya's move. It's involuntary movement, even though it's her teammate moving her.
CorellianComedian
5/29/2020 9:34:26 PM

I think that's probably a no from the rules guys, but sooo close. If Traya had somehow gotten Surprise Move or something, I think she'd be able to, but the glossary for Force Phase clarifies that it has to be on the character's turn, which it is not IF Caedus is moving her with Sith Battle Manipulation. (I believe pre-round movement counts as a "turn" for stuff like Phase/Leap/Knight Speed). I say house rule it and go for it, that's awesome. It'd be great to take advantage of a big Force Push to phase out of the fight by flying through the wall instead of into it.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/29/2020 8:55:59 PM

All good points. I considered the fact that losing the Tech cuts off half of my firepower, but thought it was a cool opportunity to use Ferus just because he's useful in this squad with so many flimsy "Jedi" to bodyguard. I think I'll swap him out though. Rieekan is a solid addition as well.
5/29/2020 4:57:00 PM

Great squad! I5 screams to injure Leia and Pavan, boosting everyone. Have you thought about trying to fit in Reeikan? With C-3PO, I5 gets evade on top of Laser Defesne System, and becomes amazing to stand point and soak up non-melee outside 6 squares (save 6 and save 11 to avoid damage). Also might consider a regular bodyguard instead of Ferus. He's great, but if you lose that SpecForce Technician your power level plummets. Anyway - fantastic squad - it just got me thinking of small tweaks.
jen'ari
5/28/2020 10:39:57 PM (Updated: 5/28/2020 10:42:15 PM)

I made the same squad but with reinforcement brought in wicket. Has a zam caught the klat flavor to it. Should be very powerful
adamb0nd
5/28/2020 10:21:42 PM

good call
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/28/2020 10:12:21 PM

Silri is a solid Nightsister for Talzin to cannon- you could drop a couple of Hunters for her.
adamb0nd
5/28/2020 10:04:42 PM (Updated: 5/28/2020 10:04:52 PM)

what would you do with the lower half of this squad? Droopy seems top tier and gotta have the other 4...
FlyingArrow
5/28/2020 4:51:04 PM

Plagueis and Skyborn Rangers are both pretty insane.
jak
5/28/2020 12:24:31 PM

this squad makes blood rush to my nether regions.
jak
5/28/2020 12:23:57 PM

this squad makes blood rush to my nether regions.
jak
5/28/2020 12:21:14 PM

you found a use for Dark Troopers. nice!
5/28/2020 11:38:45 AM

Oh thank goodness. I hadn’t seen it and it felt so obvious, it would have been a tragically missed opportunity if it had taken this long.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/28/2020 6:38:29 AM

Love the Catapult. No door control worries with one of those in your squad.
DarkDracul
5/28/2020 5:32:35 AM

Thanks!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/28/2020 4:53:39 AM

Yeah, it's been used before. bloomilk.com/squad/8318/cesta-fiesta
urbanjedi
5/28/2020 2:28:03 AM

And he even has an off switch. Nice work
urbanjedi
5/28/2020 2:24:51 AM

Very tanky. Not enough damage on the move though I don’t think for anything more than probably tier 2
TheHutts
5/28/2020 2:05:09 AM

Almost looks like a viable competitive squad - EPGs with Shields 1, Tera Kasi, and Damage Reduction are tanks.
TheHutts
5/28/2020 1:54:59 AM

Looks super cool for a special rules squad.
5/28/2020 1:31:12 AM

Don’t be a testa, of my cesta fiesta. I coulda blessed her, but I let it festa. I’ll tell you the resta but I’d have to arresta
TheHutts
5/28/2020 12:42:25 AM

Please don't pester with your cesta fiesta!
5/27/2020 3:20:59 PM

So I've never really been a Gungan player - but as I was ruminating on what to call this squad, it hit me. Has cesta fiesta been used as a squad name before? If not, WHY NOT!?!
5/27/2020 4:20:36 AM

Yes, but that is not his greatest asset. As with any reinforcement piece - customization is key. Facing droids? Bring the shaper adept. Facing disruptive? Bring a seer. That aside - giving the reinforcements aggressive negotiations is INSANE! I won a match against duel Mandalorian Basilisks, because he couldn't strafe those 2 warriors.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/27/2020 3:57:00 AM

Quorreal is great, but he's a little bit weaker since the floor rule on act control which requires him to have LOS to use his commander effect.
5/27/2020 3:50:34 AM

Ultimately - I think Shakel, Minos and Shadeo Shai is the base to build around going in this direction. Quorreal is always a top choice of any Song squad to consider, and if you are going with a priest with scarification - go with Eminance Harrar. 8th Cortex is an obvious choice if you are unique focused, and the Consul is a strong consideration too. Vong have a lot of great options - fitting it all is the issue
TimmerB123
5/27/2020 3:17:36 AM (Updated: 5/27/2020 3:45:54 AM)

I'd recommend the Yuuzhan Vong Consul. He is more Unique focused, and has a net cost of 8 points (again - crazy good for what he gives) if you have a shaper and a priest with scarification. One thing to keep in mind though is attacks and damage are already pretty high in this squad - you may be better off with another attackers rather than just boosting up attack/damage.
5/27/2020 3:31:09 AM

Another fun option when using Minos - keep in mind - he is a Yuuzhan Vong Warrior - so he gets double attack from the subaltern. So depending on who you are facing (perhaps facing swap?) - it makes it worth it to bring the subaltern for the double twin!
5/27/2020 3:20:58 AM

As far as another attacker - Either Tsavong Lah warrior elite or Kahlee Lah are great choices - but best together. One of the best point for point however is Shadeo Shai. Especially if you are thinking about bringing an executor - cannoning the twin is the best.
5/27/2020 3:17:32 AM

Love the top end of the squad. Shakel and Minos are criminally underused. Supreme Overlord Quorreal is ALWAYS a piece to consider in Long. His net cost ends up being 5-9 points, and is a STEAL for what he provides. Outside that - I agree with dropping Yomin Carr (better with a lot of cheap non-uniques) and possibly exchanging (or dropping) Jaken. He's good, but again, better with a bunch of cheap non-uniques.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/27/2020 2:54:14 AM

I don't know if Yomin Carr is worth it in this build. His only real benefit is Poison, which can be situational (does nothing against Droids) and isn't that strong. If you dropped him, dropped Kneesaa, and downgraded Jakan to the cheapest Scarification guy (Praetorite Vong Priest), you could fit 28pt Tsavong Lah, another strong Unique attacker.
Larry
5/27/2020 2:44:55 AM

First Vong squad, seems quite interesting. Please give me some pointers to better it.
FlyingArrow
5/27/2020 2:00:10 AM

Yes, it will be with the latest, greatest ruleset with all the errata, floor rules, etc.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
5/27/2020 1:57:10 AM

Obviously you're not playing this squad anyway, but are we playing with the act control floor rule?
adamb0nd
5/26/2020 8:38:53 PM

Not sure it's worth the damage output to try... especially since she doesn't boost attack rolls and just damage. I like this build... mobile razors, which 26 DEF in cover, 2x evade saves, and then 2x saves of 6 vs damage. I just question if the 2 attacks at +10/20 vs non-force users is enough to pull its weight.
Showing 1 - 50 of 40,423 Comments12345...809Next