RegisterDonateLogin

Many Bothans died to bring us this Milk...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : what do you think should happen?
Choice Votes Statistics
go ahead and make Vsets 15 28.301886 %
wait, see if another company will pick up the game 33 62.264150 %
undecided 0 0.000000 %
Bad idea! 4 7.547169 %
other 1 1.886792 %

Virtual Sets Options
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 1:21:02 PM
Groups: Member

I personally think it is a bad idea, but I am very open to others opinions.
ThumbDown
AdmiralMotti89
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:23:04 PM

The idea that V-sets will dissuade a company from picking up the game is ludicrous. Killing the game? The V-sets will, barring a miracle, be the only thing that keep this game alive. Looking at ACTUAL EVIDENCE, Star Wars gaming will move forward. In the one in a million chance that the game will get continued with the same ruleset I'm sure the gamers community wouldn't press the issue of making new cards when a company has taken it over. If the game comes back with a new ruleset, I would hope the gamers community pushes forward and develops THIS game further. If a company with extensive resources can't provide a superior product over what us group of volunteers would advance, then I don't care if it doesn't work. To blame the failure of Wizards TCG on the SWCCGPC is just morbidly stupid. If Wizards could have provided a product with a fraction of the quality and effort that SWCCG had it would likely have had some success. Stop blaming V-cards for the fact that Wizards' SWTCG sucked.
As for no one picking up Decipher's game and continuing it with the same ruleset, Wizards already was planning their game before any of us players knew that Decipher was done. Use a search engine and a calendar, that should be EVIDENCE enough to find out how things went down. By the time that MotF is released, you can bet that the plans will already be formulated as to who will producing Star Wars gaming and how it will be produced, and V-sets will have nothing to do with it. It's such a preposterously ignorant argument that I can't beleive it's much more than jsut trying to get a rise out of people.

There will be a new Star Wars game, quite different from this one. It will prosper if it deserves to, V-sets or not.
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2010 11:37:11 PM

Just a note...
I did not vote...
Laugh
eMouse
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2010 3:57:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Go ahead and make Vsets. The only way for this game to return as it is now is if you have the licenses to both the content and the mechanics. That means that it has to be done by WotC or someone has to make a deal with LFL and WotC.