RegisterDonateLogin

It's exactly what it sounds like.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SWM Regionals 2010 Options
dvader831
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 6:32:03 AM
Groups: Member

The Star Wars Miniatures Community is proud to announce the continuation of Regional Events this year!

This year, just as last, we are having Regional Events all over the nation, plus the inclusion of Canada, to lead up to Gencon 2010! Many of the locations from last year are having events this year, with the inclusion of new venues, as well. We hope you can join us for one of these tournaments. We had more than 300 different players from all over the country participate last year, and I really hope we can break those numbers this year!

Each of these events will be run using the DCI Floor Rules, the point value will be 200, and the Restricted Map List will be used. Each tournament will be run using Swiss Rounds, with the amount being dependent on the amount of players, and then a cut to a Final Four for playoffs.

Prize support for each tournament will vary, but, with enough participants, there should be many prizes available. The grand prize is still a paid-pass to Gencon this year, and the fee to play in the World Championships. However, due to the players organizing each event this year, there is a minimum player requirement for the badge to be offered, but we are very confident that each location will greatly exceed this quota.

So, here is a current list of Regional Locations:

Racine, WI - The Vault of Comics and Toys

Fallston, MD - Renaissance Games

Owensboro, KY - Coolector's Mall

Springfield, MO - Metagames Inc.

Chicago, IL - Chicagoland Games

Kokomo, IN - Gamers DMZ

Colorado Springs, CO - Dalez Kardz and Komics

Omaha, NE - Coliseum Gaming

Bellevue, WA - Uncle's Games and Puzzles

Atlanta, GA - Super Games

West Berlin, NJ - All Things Fun

Cincinnati, OH - Sci-Fi City

And, for our first Canadian Regional!
Toronto, ON - Dueling Grounds

And I am pleased to announce the newest location(s)

Lansing, MI - Capital City Collectibles

North Richland Hills, TX - Heroplex

Please note that this list is far from being set in stone. We are hoping to hear from more areas who wish to host a Regional event. If anyone believes they have a large enough gaming group, plus an established DCI sanctioned venue to play, please contact dvader831, Ray Becker, and we can discuss your location hosting an event, as well.

Each Regional event will be giving out its information very soon. Once again, I invite everyone to attend a tournament near them. Last year, there was such a strong sense of gaming at each location, and so many people had a great time. So get your squads ready, and let's have another great year of minis!

Sithborg
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 6:35:13 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I will leave this up here in general for now. For the specific events, please make a new thread in the Event section of the site.

But for now, please enjoy talking about Regionals.
dvader831
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:59:09 PM

Updated to reflect the addition of Michigan!
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 2:09:09 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Woohoo!!!
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 2:11:32 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

When the dates get set in stone for each of these events, I think it might be a good idea to put them up here next to the shop names.
dvader831
Posted: Monday, March 1, 2010 2:05:56 PM

And another update to add in Texas! Yee haw!
Comicsaurus
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 3:13:26 AM

dvader831 wrote:

Woo Hoo!

For the record, it's North Richland Hills, TX (not sure if, or where, a regular "Richland Hills" would be).
dvader831
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 11:04:43 AM

Fixed, thanks, and added a new graphic.
dnemiller
Posted: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 11:10:34 AM

Comicsaurus wrote:
dvader831 wrote:

Woo Hoo!

For the record, it's North Richland Hills, TX (not sure if, or where, a regular "Richland Hills" would be).

Actually there is a Regular Richland Hills. It is older and used to be right at where hwy 121, 183 and hwy 10 all intersect.

yes I am originally from Bedford..... LOL

Also the original Richland High School Rebels used to be in Richland Hills
Comicsaurus
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:17:41 AM

dnemiller wrote:
Comicsaurus wrote:
dvader831 wrote:

Woo Hoo!

Actually there is a Regular Richland Hills. It is older and used to be right at where hwy 121, 183 and hwy 10 all intersect.

Thanks for the Geography/History lesson! ThumbsUp

I moved here about 10 years ago and live north of Dallas (in The Colony). There are so many other towns and cities around the Metroplex I have no idea where half of them are. I figured there had to have been an 'original' Richland Hills, and now I know. And knowing is half the battle!
Comicsaurus
Posted: Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:20:27 AM

dvader831 wrote:
Fixed, thanks, and added a new graphic.

Very cool!
Darth Percocet
Posted: Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:55:26 PM

Comicsaurus wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
Comicsaurus wrote:
dvader831 wrote:

Woo Hoo!

Thanks for the Geography/History lesson! ThumbsUp

I moved here about 10 years ago and live north of Dallas (in The Colony). There are so many other towns and cities around the Metroplex I have no idea where half of them are. I figured there had to have been an 'original' Richland Hills, and now I know. And knowing is half the battle!

Gooooooo Joeeeeeee
erictedders
Posted: Saturday, March 20, 2010 7:49:56 PM

So did this happen already? I checked the "All Things Fun" site that was in West Berlin, NJ. That one is the closest to me. It doesn't even have regionals listed in its calendar. Did I miss this already?
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:40:40 PM

So did this happen already? I checked the "All Things Fun" site that was in West Berlin, NJ. That one is the closest to me. It doesn't even have regionals listed in its calendar. Did I miss this already?

The New Jersey Regional is Sunday, June 6th. How far are you from Fallston Md? I promise we won't bite! Well, maybe Ted will...
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:28:16 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Darth_Jim wrote:

The New Jersey Regional is Sunday, June 6th. How far are you from Fallston Md? I promise we won't bite! Well, maybe Ted will...

Woah now, I happen to be a friendly, lively sort of person, but I may take a tiny bite if you do smell suspiciosly like bacon... joking of course.

Well, if you wanted to erictedders, you could always participate in multiple regionals as far as I know.
Jester007
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 5:45:22 AM

Anyone going to the regional in Fallston, MD? I tried looking up the info for the LGS there. When I called the phone #, a message said ir was disconnected and the website is just a picture of some couple with "Happy Gaming" on the side. I feel a disturbance in the force that is unsettling...... Does anyone have reliable contact info for Rennaissance Games (the store in question)?

Sincerely,
Jester007
Robin
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 4:05:57 AM

Does anyone know if there is oing to be anything in california?
jedispyder
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 5:16:26 AM

No one has stepped forward showing any interest in running a Regional in California, so there will not be one there.
dvader831
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 3:25:04 AM

Jester007 wrote:
Anyone going to the regional in Fallston, MD? I tried looking up the info for the LGS there. When I called the phone #, a message said ir was disconnected and the website is just a picture of some couple with "Happy Gaming" on the side. I feel a disturbance in the force that is unsettling...... Does anyone have reliable contact info for Rennaissance Games (the store in question)?

Sincerely,
Jester007

Unfortunately, the store owner there just packed up and closed the store without a warning or message to anyone. DarthJim is in the process of locating a suitable replacement location. If you have any ability to assist him, contact him, please!
NickName
Posted: Friday, April 9, 2010 12:31:50 PM

jedispyder wrote:
No one has stepped forward showing any interest in running a Regional in California, so there will not be one there.

This is not accurate. And Ray was informed of the CA plan because I was CCed on the PM.