RegisterDonateLogin

Knows it's a trap!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : What is your favorite choice of faction? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Rebel Alliance 17 13.281250 %
Imperial/Empire 20 15.625000 %
New Republic 38 29.687500 %
Old Republic 4 3.125000 %
Sith 7 5.468750 %
Republic 17 13.281250 %
Separatist 7 5.468750 %
Yuuzhan Vong 5 3.906250 %
Mandalorian 13 10.156250 %

Best "favorite" Faction of 2009 (REVISED for CW to JA) Options
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 7:39:46 AM
Groups: Member

This is a new poll, considering that the previous poll was mostly CW based (that most of us didn't know what's going to be on the new set beyond CW)... but now that the new sets are coming out Imperial Entanglement and Jedi Academy, now we can begin to discuss your favorite faction. This is a legitimate poll and once I tally all the votes at the end of December 2009, I will present a picture of the winning faction to represent their glory and stature, dominating all the other factions! The photo will be custom made personally by me

*Also, I'd like to make a note that I will NOT revise this poll any longer, once your vote is in, it is PERMANENT! So save your vote if you are unsure about your favorite faction...

My favorite will always be NR, regardless of the new Grandmaster Luke
Loda
Posted: Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:03:45 PM

New Republic ALL THE WAY!!!!Woot Woot

And we haven't evan seen all of JA!!!!
StoneThrowingEwok
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2009 5:18:08 AM

Still Imps... they've got some serious hurts to deal out.
Volvagia14
Posted: Sunday, March 1, 2009 11:08:26 AM

even though I love the republic, Im gonna say the Empire.
They got some major boosts with IE
Robin
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 4:27:01 PM

I have to say the mandalorians always for me.
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 4:44:35 PM

Perhaps you should've added an "all" option, as all the factions are my favourite as none of them are inherently the same. Each have their own strengths and weaknesses.
kenred2
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 4:58:09 PM

Darth Mavoc wrote:
Perhaps you should've added an "all" option, as all the factions are my favourite as none of them are inherently the same. Each have their own strengths and weaknesses.

Well, you can ONLY get up to 9 options in a Bloomilk's poll (oh well)... otherwise I would have put Fringe on the list.

But that's not the point, this thread supposedly be a challenge. And in order to make it challenging, you have to pick 1 faction that you enjoyed playing, what you find comfortable about playing that certain faction. If I put an "all" option, then it's obvious people are going to be picking "all" and I wouldn't be able to determine a "best" faction for 2009. It would defeat the purpose of creating a poll in the first place and it would make everything in this thread irrelevant. You only pick 1 faction that you really enjoy and you'd stick to it.. You do not look at it for strengths and weakness of a "certain squad," you look at it how it "FITS" your playing style.
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2009 5:10:25 PM

kenred2 wrote:
Darth Mavoc wrote:

Well, you can ONLY get up to 9 options in a Bloomilk's poll (oh well)... otherwise I would have put Fringe on the list.

But that's not the point, this thread supposedly be a challenge. And in order to make it challenging, you have to pick 1 faction that you enjoyed playing, what you find comfortable about playing that certain faction. If I put an "all" option, then it's obvious people are going to be picking "all" and I wouldn't be able to determine a "best" faction for 2009. It would defeat the purpose of creating a poll in the first place and it would make everything in this thread irrelevant. You only pick 1 faction that you really enjoy and you'd stick to it.. You do not look at it for strengths and weakness of a "certain squad," you look at it how it "FITS" your playing style.

Point taken. In that case, I think I have an idea.
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:48:22 AM

Wow, this is tough. I mean, how am I supposed to know what is going to be the best, or for that matter, my favorite faction 3 months from now? Or heck, even 9 months from now?! Seriously, having a poll like this, where people can't change their votes after they've submitted them, and you intend for it to represent ALL of 2009?? That's just silly. We don't have a single clue as to what else we'll see in the Jedi Academy set, let alone Galaxy at War in the fall.

I'm not voting till November. ;)
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 2:57:23 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Wow, this is tough. I mean, how am I supposed to know what is going to be the best, or for that matter, my favorite faction 3 months from now? Or heck, even 9 months from now?! Seriously, having a poll like this, where people can't change their votes after they've submitted them, and you intend for it to represent ALL of 2009?? That's just silly. We don't have a single clue as to what else we'll see in the Jedi Academy set, let alone Galaxy at War in the fall.

I'm not voting till November. ;)

That's perfectly fine... but you do not look at it for "better" miniatures perspective (more better strategies to improve a faction, etc)... you look at it on how it "FITs" your playing style and comfortability of playing that faction. We can choose to play all the factions and we designed them how we adapted through play, but it's something you feel that you are always accustomed to. How your style of play is concrete and couldn't change for any other faction.
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:04:32 AM

Ahh, see, when you say 'best' faction, I immediately think 'which one wins the most'. You mean 'favorite' faction. See, there's a difference there. ;)

Mandos and NR will always be my favorite factions, regardless of how easily I can win with them. ;)
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 4:25:21 AM

Also, new figures may change how we play and our styles would change/adapt because of it (once we adapted to these new figures, it becomes a habit). But as for me, New Republic has always been flexible when I play, General Wedge to me is always a must in every NR squad(s) I build with Temp Control Dodonna, these combinations that I play in the New Republic will not change because of these great commander effects (and my style would never change because of it, since I favor long-term result and cautious approach). But keep in mind, it's good to save your vote.... but I will bump this thread once in a while to make sure this topic is alive. I am an artist, so something for me to do and enjoy presenting once this poll is over.
da_man
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:05:52 AM

New republic especially with Grand Master Luke Skywalker
kenred2
Posted: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 3:01:58 PM

Rebels is starting to feel like the New Republic... but the thing about Rebels is that there are soo many options and combination to choose from.... I really wished I changed my vote, lol BigGrin... but New Republic will always be a place in my TOP favorites
IG-108
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2009 12:30:40 AM

Seperatists all the way. Even before Clone Wars was out, they were my favorite faction. Clone Wars didn't make them "invincible" or "unstopable" as I've seen some people say. Grievous just brought them up to date with all the other factions and Invisibility on the Chameleon droid gave them a way to compete against cloaked and super stealth.
And I would like to add that Seperatists have some of the best Jedi fighters in game (Duge Jedi Hunter, Aurra Sing Jedi Hunter, Darth Tyranus LDS, and Count Dooku of Seranno).
kenred2
Posted: Friday, March 13, 2009 12:40:02 PM

Bump for IE... complete list is out
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 4:45:37 AM

Bump to make sure this thread is active
luke hates thrawn
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 1:50:47 AM

hmmm, Palpatine on potty chair would nerf the best New Republic piece (Luke) so as much as I hate to say it Imps are the best FactionThumbDown
northface
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 3:20:59 PM

New Republic for me. I can't wait for JA
awesome
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 9:10:59 AM

Its sith for me, they are freaking awesome, I usually finish near top or top with them.
I cant wait for jedi academy either!