RegisterDonateLogin

Star Wars Miniatures has always been, at its heart, a drinking game.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Disallow V-sets? Options
I. J. Thompson
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 3:31:00 AM
Groups: Member

Hello, sorry if this has come up before - I'm not often on the forums.

I'm just here making a squad, using 'restrict by collection', and all these silly characters that I don't have, like a 'Terentatek' and an 'Atris' are popping up as available characters. I know some people are really into that, but I find it kind of annoying. Would it be possible to add a check-box to disallow V-sets?

[EDIT: I tried to go into my Collection and delete them all from my 'Haves', but they're not included there - only in the squad builder. And if I don't 'Have' 'em... I don't want 'em! Smile]
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 4:50:54 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm pretty sure this request has been made previously and noted by Shinja.
Perhaps it will come in the next round of updates, but we have no ETA on that.

As squad-building annoyances go, not being able to add multiples of a unit is a bigger bother to me.

At the least, I would like it if the minis list would stick on the last character I added after it refreshes. Glare Smile
wannabe mexican
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 5:31:46 AM

swinefeld wrote:

At the least, I would like it if the minis list would stick on the last character I added after it refreshes. Glare Smile

Eurgh, I HATE that. I have been spoiled by minis manager, but I can't create squads with custom minis in there for some reason, so can't use the latest minis. Shame.
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 6:13:18 AM

wannabe mexican wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Eurgh, I HATE that. I have been spoiled by minis manager, but I can't create squads with custom minis in there for some reason, so can't use the latest minis. Shame.

Re: minimanager

Did you add them to inventory? If not, the squad builder defaults to collection only, so you either have to click the "all minis" option when you start or edit a squad, or just add them to the collection.

(I included a file in the .zip for each of the newest v-sets that can be used to import 1 of each piece into the collection)
jak
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 9:35:17 AM

I. J. Thompson wrote:

I'm just here making a squad, using 'restrict by collection', and all these silly characters that I don't have, like a 'Terentatek' and an 'Atris' are popping up as available characters. I know some people are really into that, but I find it kind of annoying. Would it be possible to add a check-box to disallow V-sets?

[EDIT: I tried to go into my Collection and delete them all from my 'Haves', but they're not included there - only in the squad builder. And if I don't 'Have' 'em... I don't want 'em! Smile]

couldn't you select restrict by collection when making your squadsConfused
I. J. Thompson
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 10:35:57 AM

jak wrote:
I. J. Thompson wrote:

juice man
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 3:13:29 PM

I. J. Thompson wrote:
jak wrote:
I. J. Thompson wrote:

Laugh Laugh Laugh
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, September 2, 2011 3:34:08 PM

I may be misremembering now, but I thought it was set up to exclude v-sets when you restrict by collection.

And, confirming that it does not work.

Suggestions for filters:

- by collection only (with or without v-sets option)
- WotC only
- include only selected sets (pick list for this)
I. J. Thompson
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2011 2:18:54 AM

swinefeld wrote:
I may be misremembering now, but I thought it was set up to exclude v-sets when you restrict by collection.

And, confirming that it does not work.

Suggestions for filters:

- by collection only (with or without v-sets option)
- WotC only
- include only selected sets (pick list for this)

Is that for me, Swinefeld? If so, I may be missing something, but I can't find any of those filters on the Create Squad form. Mind you, you said earlier on that this is being looked at for the next patch, so maybe your response here is about the MiniManager thing?
jedispyder
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2011 3:51:51 AM

On the main Create Squad page where you name and define the squad, there is a button that says "Restrict By Collection".
I. J. Thompson
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2011 5:45:02 AM

jedispyder wrote:
On the main Create Squad page where you name and define the squad, there is a button that says "Restrict By Collection".

jak wrote:
I. J. Thompson wrote:

jak
Posted: Saturday, September 3, 2011 8:15:12 AM

I glad we know that "restrict by collection" WONT WORK no matter how many times we suggest itLOL

Blushing I should have known better than to think that I knew somethingUnsure