RegisterDonateLogin

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Bloo Milk...is essential to a Jedi's life.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Anyone play in georgia? Options
DarthElijah
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 2:33:54 AM
Groups: Member

If so, where and when do ya'll meet?BlooMilk No Bloo Milk
Demosthenes
Posted: Sunday, July 24, 2011 2:37:48 AM

There's a huge, great group of guys that play in the Atlanta area, I believe. Not sure where exactly or when, but Echo24, greentime, or Weeks could point you in the right direction.
Echo24
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2011 4:21:15 AM

Yep, we play at a store called Super Games in Roswell, which is just a bit north of Atlanta. We play every weekend, but alternate between Saturday and Sunday (this past weekend we played on Sunday, so this upcoming weekend we will play on Saturday, etc.). We start playing around 1 PM.

We have a very diverse group of players, from some very competitive players to kids who aren't very competitive at all. After Gencon, though, we all usually play sillier, more "fun" types of games, and might even get a few alternate-format tournaments in (we love doing various kinds of draft tournaments, and will probably do a Renegades and Rogues draft the week after Gencon). We have plenty of players with large collections who are more than happy to share their minis (just yesterday I let one kid borrow a bunch of Rodian Brutes, R2 Astromech Droid, Captain Panaka, and a few other minis), so it's even ok if you don't have a large collection. We play with the v-sets, and I'll be picking up a number of copies of the newest set to hand out to people after Gencon. We are also very heavily involved in playtesting the v-sets; for Renegades and Rogues, myself and David Weeks (another member of the group, although he actually lives in South Carolina so we don't see him a whole lot) were the lead playtesters for the whole set, and for set 3 David is still one of the lead playtesters while I'm actually a designer for the set. So not only will you get to playtest new stuff, but you'll be able to give direct feedback straight to one of the set designers!

If you have a Facebook account, search for Atlanta SWG and join that group. It's our primary method of communicating with each other and organizing events.
DarthElijah
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 2:34:54 AM

Cool. i'll definitley look.
Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2011 3:28:21 AM

Awesome! Note that we won't be playing this weekend, since most of us will be at Gencon, but we should be back on the Sunday following (August 14)
DarthElijah
Posted: Friday, August 5, 2011 7:29:37 AM

I'll be there! Got a bunch of stormies and stuff, so watch out!
njarnagin
Posted: Monday, August 8, 2011 12:36:54 PM

Yeah, you should definitely join in. Super Games is a cool store, and it's a good group of players with all skill levels.

Definitely take a look at AtlantaSWG at facebook (it's a good way to keep up with the schedule).

Cheers!
DarthElijah
Posted: Friday, August 12, 2011 8:47:16 AM

Cool.
DarthElijah
Posted: Sunday, August 14, 2011 7:07:40 AM

What happened? I showed up @ 1, and no one was there playing SWM!!!
njarnagin
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 7:54:21 AM

Hey man, I'll let you know the upcoming schedule shortly. I'll keep in touch.
njarnagin
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2011 6:29:40 AM

Hey, we will be playing Oct 8. Saturday at 1pm!!!!!

any questions? let me know.