It's not Bloo Milk's fault!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

AUS/NZ Swm gamers... are there any? Options
kobayashimaru
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 2:33:16 AM
Groups: Member

Howdy,
I'm wondering who of the crowd here is from AUS/NZ,
and of those people, who still regularly games state by state... The purpose of this thread is to discuss all things relating to the collectibles scene in Australia and New Zealand. To be frank, I am rather sick and tired of the "North America only" or "UK mostly" attitude of many tabletop games such Dust, GW W40K etc --- both in terms of delayed distribution or simply not shipping here altogether.

I ask this because recently Fastbreak stopped its league, and the only other league I know of is in Browns Plains... or the BattleBunker in NSW. This, combined with many collectibles shops closing or cutting their range has piqued my interest in the sci fi scene, down under.

I know theres a League in Auckland (cant be bothered flying to the land of the long white cloud...)
and I think Azman runs something in WA.

Is there any national tournament circuit that I'm unaware of? (such as at the new gencon conventions here)
(on a side note; I payed for that convention and felt it rather overrated for the cost imho - less freebies/fun games displays than Supernova, and thats saying something!)

Also, do any of the other Asia Minor countries still play?
I was recently (a few months ago) in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand, and found more collectibles figures there than I did at home in AUS! ThumbsUp

I also wonder if anyone knows of places to trade in AUS/NZ, apart from the Trading Post or Ebay (both of which are a bit of a scam). I ask mainly because I'd like to see what other tabletops are out there and give something new a try, but would prefer to go second hand (in case i dislike the game, etc).

In any event, hopefully this is a conversation starter where we can discuss all things about the hobby in AUS/NZ.
All the best,
Kobayashimaru
Sashlon
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:32:48 AM

Aussie here!
Sashlon
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2012 6:35:01 AM

kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:56:22 PM

Howdy Sashlon,
I think I posted a few things on the FB page for minis down under... haha,
But thanks for that link. Its just sad theres only a few who still actively game...
Maybe there are more, but they wish to remain clandestine?

In any event, seems the most SWM gamers in aus are in WA/NSW and evidently, Tasmania