RegisterDonateLogin

Health warning: May increase the risk of Sith Rage in certain drinkers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

So... I've started Cooking (like, food, you actually can eat) Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2012 5:40:10 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

As of 2012, ive started to really try and do more with my life. One of these things was finally teaching myself to cook after 26 years. To keep myself interested, hope to help others learn, and fulfill another goal, i've started a blog to go with it. I'd appreciate anyone who wants to check it out. Feed back is both welcome and desired. Please be warned, I can be a little crude with my humor, and do not filter bad language. In my defense, any thing I say, even the serious things, should be taken as humor and entertainment:

http://multiclasscooking.blogspot.com/
R5Don4
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:58:04 AM
Groups: Member

Good luck, cooking is something every adult should now how to do. I'd follow if your settings would allow.
jak
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 3:01:23 AM

I've been cooking since 3rd grade, some 38 years, if you need any tips or advice feel free to ask.
One of the fun things about cooking is sharing ideas.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 8:11:11 AM

Thanks guys. I've looked through the settings on blogger but can't find a setting to enable following. Are you familiar with it?

I just posted my first cooking experience : http://multiclasscooking.blogspot.com/#!/2012/02/youve-unlocked-taco-night.html

My first few posts will be backlogs, basically covering what I have learned to make so far this year. Once I get to that point i will probably start reaching out for recipes from any who will offer them :)
Darthbane53
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:30:13 AM

Im only 16 and just a few months ago I decided, Ill start cooking! Got some stuff from allrecipies.com and everything I have made so far has been great!
qvos
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 12:55:42 PM

"You've taken your first step in a larger universe..." As Obi-wan would say.... Cooking is a great skill to acquire. I wish I would have learned . I only learned how to grill.
keith
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 1:45:22 PM

I love taco night too!
Home made is the only way to have tacos.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 2:23:02 AM

What i've learned so far is that my first time making something new has a 50% chance of going wrong. Usually by the second try I can fix what ever it was I was unhappy about with on the first try.

I actually find it really enjoyable... just was to intimidated to really ever bother with it.

And yes, homemade taco's are the best ThumbsUp
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 4:42:39 PM

Just wrote about making my first omlete.Any of you guys have a good desert recipe? Never made desert before. never really baked anything other than frozen pizza. Doesn't need to be baked, but i'd like to try that soon. Looking for something a little harder than pudding :)
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 5:22:53 PM

adamb0nd wrote:
Just wrote about making my first omlete.Any of you guys have a good desert recipe? Never made desert before. never really baked anything other than frozen pizza. Doesn't need to be baked, but i'd like to try that soon. Looking for something a little harder than pudding :)

This is my favourite - it's a bit of a New Zealand classic: http://www.nzfavouriterecipe.co.nz/recipes/desserts/65-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding

I don't know wht you mean by pudding though - it might mean different things in New Zealand English and American English. It's something you cook in the oven.
adamb0nd
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:46:35 AM

TheHutts wrote:
adamb0nd wrote:

This is my favourite - it's a bit of a New Zealand classic: http://www.nzfavouriterecipe.co.nz/recipes/desserts/65-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding

I don't know wht you mean by pudding though - it might mean different things in New Zealand English and American English. It's something you cook in the oven.

I don't honestly know. I've never heard of preparing pudding in the oven, but I've never heard if making pudding from scratch before either. Every time I've had it it comes in a box that you mix with a few ingredients and throw in the fridge.

per wiki:
In the United States, pudding characteristically [citation needed]

denotes a sweet milk-based dessert similar in consistency to egg-based custards, though it may also refer to othertypes such as bread and rice pudding.

In the United Kingdom and some Commonwealth

countries [citation needed] , pudding refers to rich, fairly homogeneous starch- or dairy-based desserts such as rice pudding and Christmas pudding, or, informally, any sweet dish after the main course. The word pudding in this context

is also used as a synonym [citation needed] for the dessert course. The word is also used for savory dishes suchas Yorkshire pudding, black pudding, suet pudding and steak and kidney pudding.

Do you think your recipe comes put like custard? I think that's probably what american's think of when they think of pudding.
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2012 12:09:09 PM

Yeah, it's roughly like the English Christmas pudding - it's flour based, and comes out a bit like a cake but moist because it's got sauce all through it.