RegisterDonateLogin

Allies within 6 squares gain Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lego anyone? Options
coffeebean
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:58:39 AM
Groups: Member

just wondering if anybody out there collects lego?? im in the middle of collecting the pirates of the caribbean lego and its a lot of fun to build.

just a side point, i am 30 years old married with 2 kids, and i still play with lego:)
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:33:39 AM

Kudos to you coffeebean! Living the dream!
I gave my collection (99.8% of it anyways) to a young modelling enthusiast friend of mine when he turned old enough (5 years old - wow that was a long time ago).

I still have all the minifigs; they were my proxies till I grew my collection into what it is today.
I also have two custom sets I made of space ships, and an authentic (with box) lego technic spaceshuttle! Thats my pride and joy, its apparently worth a mint now that the spaceshuttle has been retired BigGrin

I love the technic/robotic sets, and theyre used at university/secondary school to teach programming so dont be worried if you still play Lego. Its a great way of problem solving, that teaches shape, color and numeracy skills which are very applicable in adult life. BigGrin
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:12:36 AM

Yeah, I've got quite a few Lego sets decorating the shelves.

For Star Wars, currently I've got up the Midi-scale Star Destroyer, Nemoidian Shuttle, AT-ST (2nd release), B-Wing (2nd Release), Hydra Bomber, Grievous's Starfighter (1st release), Magnaguard Starfighter, Vader's TIE (Anniversary Edition), TIE Defender, Sith Infiltrator. I also have the Mini versions of the Millenium Falcon, AAT, Droid Troop Transport, AT-AT, Y-Wing, Star Destroyer, X-Wing, and Imperial Shuttle. Finally I've just purchased the Imperial V-Wing and Geonosian Starfighter, but have yet to build them.

I've got quite a few from other sets like the Skull Chariot from Castle and the Mobile Research Station from Atlantis, but the bulk out is Star Wars. Another random, small thing up there are the minifigs I've gotten from the blind packs. My most recent addition is the Roman Legionnaire. I also have one Mega Blocks construction out, but it's one of their better sets, the USS Enterprise-D.

Finally, I still have all my Lego from my childhood (which included two of the giant M-Tron models, the fighter and the 6-wheeled mining tank) and the instructions, but they're all in one big tub and both the desire and the time to sort them out and reconstruct them is rather low.
Disturbed-Iggy
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:54:36 PM

I still have the original Millennium Falcon lego with the box! That was one of the best birthday presents ever, but it was so big I had my dad build it for me. Recently I dug it out, built it myself only took a few hours. Bionicle was a awesome series also. ThumpUp
Bob Chizo
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:37:21 PM

Disturbed-Iggy wrote:
Bionicle was a awesome series also. ThumpUp

YES!!! The best original Lego idea ever!Love Love I grew up playing Bionicles, as well as the old Star Wars sets, I hate that Lego ended Bionicle and has MASSIVELY changed the Star Wars sets (in my opinion for the worse). Ahh... Nostalgia
jak
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 6:30:42 AM

Legos........my love for you will never die.
been building since late sixties, before there were models, just bricks.
the joy of building what ever I wanted, Lego every B-day and Christmas.them
My first model was a yellow bi-plane(two wings jokers)
My adult kids never had a big addiction, like me, so I still play.
I still get Legos from mom on Christmas(49 this month)
Still buy, sell and trade them.
My latest idea is to include a non-lego piece to you model.
Any thing that can fit will do.

kudos to the OPThumpUp
coffeebean
Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:15:50 AM

jak wrote:
Legos........my love for you will never die.
been building since late sixties, before there were models, just bricks.
the joy of building what ever I wanted, Lego every B-day and Christmas.them
My first model was a yellow bi-plane(two wings jokers)
My adult kids never had a big addiction, like me, so I still play.
I still get Legos from mom on Christmas(49 this month)
Still buy, sell and trade them.
My latest idea is to include a non-lego piece to you model.
Any thing that can fit will do.

kudos to the OPThumpUp

i dont know if your interested, but i remember someone saying awhile ago that the square medium bases from A&E fit on lego squares.

good to see other people that still can satisfy their inner child with lego

just a side point, has anyone ever tried to make a combat game for lego minifigures that works kinda like starwars miniatures
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, April 14, 2012 3:26:39 PM

Everyone, watch this awesome Lego speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuXW0ZVVUVA&feature=related
jak
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 7:38:00 AM

I totally understand his POV.
I've watch legos change from simple blocks to tiny lil' complicated stuff.
I agree it's not bad, but I too wonder what happened.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:19:09 AM

The only thing I hate about the new lego sets are stickers. In the older days, if a piece needed a Blacktron or an Octan logo on it, Lego painted the logo on that piece. Nowadays, you have a sticker to place on it. But dispite all your best efforts, that sticker will never be properly aligned. Never. And thus it will forever sit, mocking you with that slight disalignment that your eyes will be drawn to every time you look at the set.
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 8:27:45 AM

I try FOREVERRRRRR to get those stickers on! :P I can get it but it takes forever.
I'm 15 and I have all the new Harry Potter ones in a landscape thing haha. Fun to look at and its nice to have a little side world to go to when the real one becomes stressful. :)
Disturbed-Iggy
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 11:47:47 AM

I liked Lego characters when their skin color was yellow. Now it's normal skin color ThumbDown
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:14:33 PM

With two lads myself there are LEGO heads, light sabers etc, all over my casa for me to step on.

I love being a perpetual kid!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 1:15:30 PM

corranhorn wrote:
I try FOREVERRRRRR to get those stickers on! :P I can get it but it takes forever.
I'm 15 and I have all the new Harry Potter ones in a landscape thing haha. Fun to look at and its nice to have a little side world to go to when the real one becomes stressful. :)

Curse those flaming stickers! Angry
coffeebean
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 6:10:06 PM

Disturbed-Iggy wrote:
I liked Lego characters when their skin color was yellow. Now it's normal skin color ThumbDown

i kinda like the skin coloured lego guys. for licensed stuff like star wars, pirates of the caribbean and so on i prefer it, but as for the generic lego stuff i do like the yellow skin.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:14:06 AM

Disturbed-Iggy wrote:

Yes! The yellow skin color looked better. I also liked the Lego Star Wars "guns" before they were guns, when they just looked like a megaphone with a red dot on the end.

Quote:

Worst part, especially when you try so many times that the sticker stops sticking, and then you just have an ugly bare piece.

I guess that I really should not be complaining, because as much as Lego changes, it is still Lego.ThumbsUp
countrydude82487
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 1:22:54 PM

mine isn't all star wars legos but i have a collection of approximately 6 18 gallon totes full of pieces. No idea exactly how many that is. I haven't given them to my kids yet, i will when they get older. What i do know from it is that i have nearly all of the Non- Model level star wars sets. I even had the Falcon
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:03:52 PM

Yeah I got some legos for my niece a couple of years ago, but I think I got more use out of them then she did.