RegisterDonateLogin

Senses we've picked up another pathetic life form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Action Figures? Options
Darthbane53
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 5:26:48 AM
Groups: Member

So, originaly I was going to start this thread about something else, obvsiouly action figures but now something else spiked my interest. Apparent a new wave of Figures just came out a few DAYS ago, of which includes Nom Anor and Darth Malgus, now these figures are $10 on the shelf for new stuff right? Well on ebay Malgus is going for $50!! I dont get it, he hasn't been out for even a week, any one know why this is? If so im running to my WalMart and buying all of them lol.

On the original note, how many of you have, collect, or even still play with your Star Wars Action figures? I have about 60 in a box from when I was younger (Almost all Episode 2 figures) that I have no where to put now, but I do have about 10 of my favorite figures sitting on my bookshelf. Cade, Bane, Cad Bane (No pun Intended), Kit Fisto, and my shrine of 5-6 Chewbacca action figures. So how about you guys? Do you collect? Do you keep them in boxs? What do you do with them? Let me know!
jak
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 5:36:50 AM

I have my fav bounty hunters, and Jedis in a curio cabinet in my LR.(how cool is my wife)
the rest are on display in the my game room.
qvos
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 5:48:15 AM

I am A Star Wars Collector, I have a few of the the Original Figs from ANH, ESB, AND JEDI. I also collect the Gentle Giant Busts as well as the master replicas Sabers and .45 sabers. SW posters are my fav though. Ive got a lot of signed MCquarrie Art . I love collecting the HAsbro Figs too, Although Ive long since ran out of wall space. My favorite Kenner or HAsbro Figs that I have are the Original Wampa with Luke in tow. Ive got Revan and Malak( I still want BAstilla)
I love STAR WARS!BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk
R5Don4
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 8:03:57 AM

That Malgus is packed 1 per case and is one of the few new figures in that wave, so that is why demand is so high. If you can find them at regular retail and flip them to cash in while the craze lasts good for you. I have a bit of a Star Wars collection, some might say shrine going on in my den. I've collected Star Wars crap since 1980. My main focus for the last 10 years other than minis has been on 1/6th scale, but I'm pretty selective.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:32:49 AM

I really want to find Darth Malgus, Nom Anor, and Bastilla Shan, but no luck so far.

As for collecting, I was really into it during the RotS waves through droid factory. Now, with the vintage and Clone Wars lines, I tend to buy only those that appeal to me. I'd estimate I have around 150 figures not removed from box. They aren't on display though, save for the newest ones. My shelf displays go to my lego, Mighty Muggs, and Titanium Vehicles (which I was excited that they resurrected the line, but then only released them in 3 packs where I already have at least one in each pack Mad.)
qvos
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 10:22:11 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I really want to find Darth Malgus, Nom Anor, and Bastilla Shan, but no luck so far.

As for collecting, I was really into it during the RotS waves through droid factory. Now, with the vintage and Clone Wars lines, I tend to buy only those that appeal to me. I'd estimate I have around 150 figures not removed from box. They aren't on display though, save for the newest ones. My shelf displays go to my lego, Mighty Muggs, and Titanium Vehicles (which I was excited that they resurrected the line, but then only released them in 3 packs where I already have at least one in each pack Mad.)
Shan is very difficult to get. I've never seen her in stores. I'm not yet ready to spend $25 on her but I might give in.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:33:39 PM

qvos wrote:
Shan is very difficult to get. I've never seen her in stores. I'm not yet ready to spend $25 on her but I might give in.

I'll probably just keep holding out. If I don't get her, I don't get her. Besides, I've got plenty more things to throw my money at, like my ever increasing Halo diorama surrounding my Xbox 360s.
qvos
Posted: Saturday, April 21, 2012 6:39:22 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
qvos wrote:

I'll probably just keep holding out. If I don't get her, I don't get her. Besides, I've got plenty more things to throw my money at, like my ever increasing Halo diorama surrounding my Xbox 360s.
Nice! I wish I wasn't a completionist Star Wars collectorScared . The Halo Diorama sound very CoolThumpUp