RegisterDonateLogin

What a piece of junk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

WNY Regional Results Options
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:33:49 PM
Groups: Member

A great day for the Republic, as congratulations go out to Josh Hinkel a.k.a. Hinkbert on winning the day! BlooMilk

Coincidentally, this was also Hinkbert's first official regional appearance.

The field saw thirteen players with the following faction mix....

Republic (3)
Sith (2)
Mandos (2)
Rebel (2)
Imps (2)
NR (1)
OR (1)

Full squad lists and standings to follow tomorrow and a special thanks to all those traveled to WNY for our very first regional. ThumbsUp
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 2:55:48 AM

So 5 Regionals so far this year, and five different factions have won? Imperial, Old Republic, Mandos, Vong, and Republic have all got one now.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 5:36:16 AM

Thus far parity rules the regional season, the Rebel squads were very competitive and just outside the top four.

Beware... Scared
Hinkbert
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:47:50 AM

I went 6-0 with GowK/Mace.

My squad:

55 Gowk
65 Mace Lotls
23 Foul Moudama
9 R2-D2
27 Lobot
16 Dr. Evazan
5 Rodian Diplomat

My map: Peaceful City

1st Round vs Joe (emtjoe) on Ravage Base
His squad: Vader Agent of Evil w/ Stormtroopers

Using Lobot I brought in 2 uggie and Ponda
Joe was bringing in pieces with rolls of 2, 6, 7, 11, 12, & 17 and for the first init he rolled a 6 and brought in more troopers. I knew that if this continued to occur I'd really be in trouble so I decided to go after Vader second round, needing at least 2 crits to kill him with Mace. Thankfully Joe chose to riposte instead of trying defense so then Mace only needed 1 crit, which Mace got resulting in one dead Vader. It was basically just clean up since his troopers were no longer powerful enough and I could get to the rest of his commanders. Props to his Imp Dignitary for getting 2 crits though, it was well worth its points.

2nd Round vs Jim (Darth_Jim) on Anchorhead (yeah, Anchorhead)
His squad: Rebel Push with VAR, Luke Unleashed, Yoda, & Spec force Vanguards

I brought in 2 uggies and a Kel-Dor BH
Special shout out to TinT for helping me prepare for this squad (I played again Jim earlier in the week and was clobberred)

First round I positioned Foul and Mace with uggies to blow doors so they couldn't stay locked. Through a happy accident I placed Gowk in a position to be pushed, which then put Luke out far enough that I could reach him at the start round 2 outside of Yoda's alter range. So Mace went in to kill Luke, unfortunately he didn't crit, so Foul had to finish Luke, Foul then went down. Then, through strategic use of Evazan I was able to use homicidal surgery on Mace and Gowk to heal them when necessary, and I ran the Kel-Dor against the Vanguards where he failed his mine save and blew up giving both vanguards 40 damage. Eventually both GowK and Mace were able to get to Juno, VAR, and Yoda and they were too much to handle with the VAR only able to guarantee 40 damage with a push. After Mace killed the VAR Jim conceded.

3rd Round vs Chris Cook (christopercook) on Peaceful City
his squad: Deathshot Mandos

I brought in a twi'lek BG and Figrin Dan
I really over extended first round, putting too many pieces within shooting range in the middle room and he got 60 damage on Gowk. Thankfully Evazan came through again and helped Gowk heal back up to full health. Chris got my BG, Figrin, and R2 pretty early and was able to prevent Foul from getting Mace into the action with well place mouse walls. Eventually I was able to place Mace in the room with commanders, unfortunately he was then locked in there, losing his bonuses, but Mace was able to get the Captain, Jaster, and then a Scout. Foul went down and we were close on points. After time was called Mace took out a Scout and the Mando Quartermaster. This was key, if the Quartermaster survived and Chris then killed Mace he would have been ahead on points. As it was Mace was able to escape the room since the other Scout in the room missed his AoO, but the Scout was still able to reach Mace through a misplay on my part and took him out. I don't remember the exact score of the game, but I think I only ended up winning by 6 points. It was tight, and I definitely need to be more careful against the Mandos from now on.

4th round (last of swiss) vs Luke Cook on Peaceful Cith
his squad: Imp speeders with Wier and a Storm Commando

I brought 2 uggies again and a Kel-Dor
I positioned the Kel-Dor strategically so Luke would have to pass him with his speeders to reach anything but Mace and Foul who got to gambit. He went after Foul but through misses and a defense only got 20 damage on Foul. At the start of the next round he hit Foul again and got him down to 30 left, Mace then used GMA to go out, kill the speeder and return to Foul. I then hid in the gambit room with my squad, locked the bottom most door and positioned my Kel-Dor again. Evazan, once again, came through and healed Foul. He then got his other speeder deep into my territory, taking out Lobot (who I left alone in a room) at the start of round 3. Foul and Mace then went into cover, I positioned them so next round I could get to his commanders. He was able to get 100 damage on Mace with his commander and Stormie before Mace took out Thrawn, Wier and put 20 damage of Piett through crits and flurries. I then went to run Evazan up to heal Mace, but he blocked me with a brute. So the Kel-dor, who hadn't done anything but look intimidating, shot the brute. So Mace got "surgerized" and only had 70 damage on his. At this point it was just clean up.

Semi-Finals vs Luke (again) this time on Grand Plaza

I brought in the same Reinforcements.
I picked the room side, positioned my Kel-Dor again at the front of the 3 space wide hall between the start of the rooms going down the side and the starting area, then I locked the accessible doors. I placed Foul and Mace in gambit again, and he tried to kill Foul the a speeder. Foul once again survived and Mace once again killed the speeder. At this point I was ahead 26 to 0 so I retreated Foul and Mace to the safety of the Kel-Dor protected space and once again used Evazan to heal. He was able to get a twin shot on the Kel-Dor without cover, but missed one so he couldn't kill him. This again was key as I just kept running Gowk or Mace with Foul into gambit to stay ahead on points, running back to Evazan as necessary. He then went after Gowk who was alone in gambit, with his speeder. I then got the speeder by taking Mace in with Foul. He then advanced on me with his Commandos (one that he brought in by rolling a 6, first init of the game too) but they weren't able to do enough damage before I could kill his commanders. After that happened it was clean up time again, and Evazan finally failed me as Foul rolled a 3 and ended up killing himself. I got some revenge though when I used Evazan to do the surgery on Mas Amedda. On to the finals

Finals vs Kris McNaney (McNizzle) on Peaceful City
his squad: Revan, Zannah, and a haunted Atton

I brought and uggie and Momaw Nadon (Kris had 11 mice in his squad)
I had played Kris the prior week (we were both using the same squads as before too) and he knew which side I preferred on Peaceful City, so he took it. We both went into gambit first round, but I separated Foul and Mace to avoid a possible corruption by Zannah. He then shot Foul with Atton at the end of the round, and then did it again at the start of round 2, killing Foul. He was only able to get 10 away from Mace and couldn't lock him out. So Mace ran in and got the crit he needed to kill Atton, but Atton made his avoid defeat saves. Thankfully the flurry took him out (and Exar DFS). Zannah then attacked Mace who riposted and got a crit. Mace absorbed the reroll so Zannah took 60. I then did some positioning as well as Kris. Start of round 3 Kris took Revan and killed Evazan, but he also put him in Mace range. Mace then did 120 to Revan, and Gowk came in to finish him off. During round 4 Mace once again got a crit on Zannah, but Kris rolled a 20 on soresu, so Mace took the damage back. Kris was able to kill Mace, but Zannah only had 30 left. I then did War Throat with Momaw, cause I was waiting to do that all game and it actually did 10 damage to Zannah. Gowk then finished her with a push and that was game.

The MVP of my squad was definitely Evazan. He saved my butt multiple times.

It was a super fun tourny and a huge tanks to Gerry (Darph_Nader) for organizing it. And a thanks to Cory (pastorbudwine) for judging.
jak
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 10:53:16 AM

Blushing I had to stand up while driving back home,( looked pretty silly with my head through the sun roof) because I couldn't sit due to the spanking I received!Mad
Love FYI-captaingig is the BEST spanker in the NE USLOL thanx QT.

Unsure had a blast,Confused
it's amazing just how many n00b errors I'm still capable of.
Cursing I was locked in a room most of the game by Dean,the same guy that big D'd my epic piece at
Frosty Con.
nice getting to know the Cooks better, and seeing some cool guys from the quad state area.

Special thanx to the Russels(Gerry & Lorna) for their hospitality Friday evening.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2012 2:42:17 PM

jak wrote:
Special thanx to the Russels(Gerry & Lorna) for their hospitality Friday evening.

Lorna says you're welcome at Chez Russell anytime, I on the other hand... Flapper
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 6:32:24 AM

Saturday’s WNY regional event saw a field of thirteen players from three different states converge to do battle and when all was said and done Hinkbert emerged on the top of the pile. For our very first regional, I was pleased at the turnout and our hosts at the War Store made us feel very welcome and encouraged us to hold more future SWM events there. Thanks to everyone who made the trip to sunny (this time) Buffalo! ThumpUp

So without further ado…

The Squads….

“Untitled” by Josh Hinkel (a.k.a. Hinkbert on Bloomilk & swmgamers)

Mace Windu LotLS
GOWK
Foul Moudama
Dr. Evazan, GC
Lobot
Doombot
Rodian Diplomat
Map choice: Peaceful City

“Resistant is Futile” by Jack MacEwen (a.k.a. jak on Bloomilk)

Celeste Morne
Exar Kun DFS
Sidiogram
Sith Alchemist
Sith Wrangler
Lobot
Rakghoul x2
Nexu
Jawa Scavenger
Uggie Demo
MSD
Map choice: Asteroid Base

“# YOLO” by Evan Savage (a.k.a. Evman678 on Bloomilk)

Han Solo, GH
Mara Jade, Jedi
Ganner Rhysode
Anakin Solo
General Dodonna
Lobot
Gha Nachkt
MSD
Uggie Demo

“R2-D2, Carrier of Doom” by Patrick Dioguardi (a.k.a. patar7 on Bloomilk)

Mace Windu, LoLTS
GOWK
Qui-Gon-Jinn, JM
Foul Moudama
Doombot
MSD
Uggie Demo
Map choice: Commander’s Office

“The 3 Admirals” by Luke Cook (a.k.a. YoBuckKiller on Bloomilk)

GA Thrawn
General Weir
Scout Trooper on Speeder Bike x2
Admiral Piett
Storm Commando
Admiral Ozzel
Mas Amedda
Lobot
Gran Raider
Uggie Demo
Rodian Brute
Map choice: Grand Plaza

“Rand Band” by Kris McNaney (a.k.a. McNizzle on Bloomilk & swmgamers)

Darth Revan, Sith Lord
Darth Zannah
Atton “Jaq” Rand
Exar Kun DFS
Gha Nachkt
R7 Astro
Atton “Jaq”
R7 Astro
MSD x10

“Evil’s Agents” by Joseph Peters (a.k.a. emtjoe on Bloomilk)

Darth Vader, Agent of Evil
Thrawn
Admiral Gilad Pellaeon
Admiral Ozzel
501st Stormtroopers x4
Mas Amedda
Imperial Dignitary
Lobot, CLO
R7 Astro
Map choice: Ravaged Base

“Mandos are Back” by Chris Cook (a.k.a. christophercook on Bloomilk)

Jaster Mareel
Mando Captain
Mando Scout x4
Lobot
Jawa Scavenger
MSD x2
Map choice: Grand Plaza

“Mandos in the House” by Dean Dioguardi

Demagol
Rohlan Dyre
Mando Captain
Mando Scout x5
Mando Gunsmith
Mando CIO
MSD
Map choice: Rancor Pit

“Boring Skirmish Anyway” by Steve Mitchell (a.k.a. captaingig on Bloomilk & swmgamers)

Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
Jon “Dutch” Vander
Red Sqaudron Ace x3
General Dodonna
R2-D2 w/Extended Sensor
Juno Eclipse
Dash Rendar, RS
Klatoonian Captain
Figrin D’an
Salacious Crumb
MSD
Uggie demo
Map choice: Asteroid Base

“Bastila Day” by Gerry Russell (a.k.a. DARPH NADER on Bloomilk & swmgamers)

Mira
Bastila Shan, JM
Carth Onasi, OR Drunkard
Jedi Seer
OR Senator x2
Figrin D’an
R7 Astro
Uggie demox2
Map choice: Cantina

“Spec Force Push” by Jim McNaney (a.k.a. Darth_Jim on Bloomilk & swmgamers)

VAR
Yoda of Dagobah
Luke Skywalker, HPU
Spec Force Vanguard x2
General Rieekan
General Dodonna
Juno Eclipse
Lobot, CLO
R7 Astro
Map choice: Anchorhead

“Oppression” by Zachary Field

Captain Rex
RC Training Sgt
RC Niner
RC Darman
RC Fi
RC Atin
Foul Moudama
Doombot
Spaarti CT
MSD
Map choice: Cantina

Final Standings:

Name W/L Swiss Points

1. Hinkbert ((Josh Hinkel) 4-0 11
2. Evman678 (Evan Savage)* 4-0 10
3. McNizzle (Kris McNaney)* 3-1 9
4. YoBuckKiller (Luke Cook) 3-1 7
5. captaingig (Steve Mitchell) 3-1 6
6. Darth_Jim (Jim McNaney) 2-2 6
7. DARPH NADER (Gerry Russell) 2-2 5
8. christophercook (Chris Cook) 2-2 5
9. emtjoe (Joseph Peters) 1-3 3
10. Dean (Dean Dioguardi) 1-3 3
11. patar7 (Patrick Dioguardi) 1-3 3
12. jak (Jack MacEwen)* 1-3 3
13. Zach (Zachary Field)* 1-3 3

* denotes a bye round

Semis:
Hinkbert vs YoBuckKiller
Evman678 vs McNizzle

Final:
Hinkbert v. McNizzle

Sportsmanship Award:
jak

Best use of rolling Reserves:
emtjoe
captaingig
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2012 7:49:38 AM

jak wrote:

I'm not quite sure what just happened here...but I think I like it.

I had a great time. I once again faced emtjoe rolling reserves like a god. Srsly Joe, don't put recon in that squad. You just might be able to roll reserves every init.
I can say I've never had a sillier match than I had with jak. The silliness, of course, occurring above the board. jak, unfortunately, has brain waves similar to mine and he knows exactly what to say to break down my concentration. We've determined he's a bad influence on me and, as such, my mommy says we can't play anymore. All this, of course, is a lot of waffle just to say, "I look forward to next time jak."

They're not tier 1, but I had a lot of fun playing the Aces. I'll post up a play-by-play as soon as I can.
Evman678
Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 1:15:20 PM

Haha I named mine #YOLO
emtjoe
Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 2:01:59 PM

captaingig wrote:
jak wrote:

I'm not quite sure what just happened here...but I think I like it.

I had a great time. I once again faced emtjoe rolling reserves like a god. Srsly Joe, don't put recon in that squad. You just might be able to roll reserves every init.
I can say I've never had a sillier match than I had with jak. The silliness, of course, occurring above the board. jak, unfortunately, has brain waves similar to mine and he knows exactly what to say to break down my concentration. We've determined he's a bad influence on me and, as such, my mommy says we can't play anymore. All this, of course, is a lot of waffle just to say, "I look forward to next time jak."

They're not tier 1, but I had a lot of fun playing the Aces. I'll post up a play-by-play as soon as I can.

I had recon in the squad thanks to Lobot, CLO. I just forgot to use it.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2012 5:03:20 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:
jak wrote:

Lorna says you're welcome at Chez Russell anytime, I on the other hand... Flapper

LOLLOL As to not to upset Gerry, I'll make my next visit when the Mrs. is home alone.LOL LOL