--Charging Commies--
25 Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor
48 Elite Rebel Commando x3
16 General Crix Madine
14 General Rieekan
11 Ithorian Commander
36 Wookiee Commando x4
(150pts. 11 activations)

I posted this awhile ago in the squads section and got no response. I think it could be competitive. Thoughts?
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 1:10:03 AM
Groups: Member

It is difficult to run Swarm squads even with good hit points, the IG-Lancer can make two Strafes with Twin and your whole squad is goneHuh
It may be able to stand up against some squads but you have to watch out for Seps with lancer or IG-88s, and Rebels with Disruptice and heavy cannons, New Republic with Disruptive, and of course GOWK squads.
dalibins
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:12:18 AM

Well...in retrospect one of the wookies can move 12 and kill the lancer in one hitat a plus 18. Thats a 9 pt fig dropping a 31 pt fig from across the map. Also the elites with twin and ion gun are dropping an IG in one turn but only a +7 there. And if they move that deep into the map to strafe they run the risk of hitting Crix Disruptive and losing their twin and w/e else.

I hear what you're saying but I think the squad you describe has just as much to worry about as I would against it.
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:40:38 AM

dalibins wrote:
Well...in retrospect one of the wookies can move 12 and kill the lancer in one hitat a plus 18. Thats a 9 pt fig dropping a 31 pt fig from across the map. Also the elites with twin and ion gun are dropping an IG in one turn but only a +7 there. And if they move that deep into the map to strafe they run the risk of hitting Crix Disruptive and losing their twin and w/e else.

I hear what you're saying but I think the squad you describe has just as much to worry about as I would against it.

I can agree with what you said in the first paragraph.

I will totally disagree with you on the latter. A well built lancer squad well get two strafes on your pieces (with or without Disruptive) so that will take out the wookie commandos.

I think the squad will also have issues with Yobuck squad also.

I am just not convinced that the commandos are all that great. I like your build it is certainly different from the norm. But again having played several commandos squads against really good opponents I just in the end am not impressed with what they can do. Now if you are a Rebel fan or a Commando fan more power to ya. You will enjoy yourself no matter what at least.
awesome
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:40:39 AM

Well once Han is dead your toast, and he is easy to take down, I made a rebel 150 that probably would defeat it on the squad search put in "rebel 150" by me.
dalibins
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:52:55 AM

Well Id be treating Han as a commander and keep him back.

Also thanks for the input guys...and Ive been trying to find a greivous, lancer squad on here and for some reason none are showing up in the search. Someone want to post or link me to a good example?
judgeito
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 7:28:00 PM

--commandoes--
42 Commando on Speeder Bike x2
18 Rebel Commando Strike Leader
32 Elite Rebel Commando x2
16 General Crix Madine
42 Veteran Rebel Commando x3
(150pts. 9 activations)

I like this as a commando squad.