RegisterDonateLogin

I recognized your Bloo stench when I was brought on board.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Anyone watch Classic Restos? Options
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:56:41 PM
Groups: Member

Hi all,
this is probably more for Oceania/PBS viewers stateside, but I'm wondering if anyone's seen or is a fan of
Fletch's "Classic Resto's"?

It's a custom vehicle lovers show, featuring all sorts of weird and wonderful machine from high performance modern street cars to the steam powered utility/pickup truck of the late 19th century. The shows title is short for Restoration, as most of the vehicles on it have been lovingly restored from some pretty abysmal conditions.
What makes the show for me really is the way Fletch can get with cars... he's sorta the Steve Irwin of Cars and vehicles, you know? BigGrin A very passionate man, but touchwood a stingray doesn't get Fletch...Crying

Fletch is planning to do a new spinoff series, as Oceania has some pretty awesome air museums. He's going to go around and get the story behind some awesome restored planes. We have an awesome air museum at Longreach and Canberra, and the plane that made the sound for the LAAT gunship... although the stateside USS Voyager museum in New York or the Smithsonian (let alone the 'graveyards' at either Cape Canaveral or in the Mojave in california) easily outshine anything oceania can offer in my honest opinion.
Sorry for the digression BigGrin Some of the new racing planes (such as in the Red Bull air races) are pretty neat too...

I hope Fletch covers some of the modern fighter craft, especially the Y22 (F35 I believe), which has been optimised for drone control. I'd settle for a good look inside an F-16 or F1-11...

If you get the chance, take a squiz at Classic Restos. Some of the Cadillacs and Dodge's on it are awesome. There's even a Buick Bullet on there, in full chrome.