RegisterDonateLogin

Smells marginally better than the inside of a tauntaun.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

"Recent" Items on Homepage Options
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, July 29, 2012 11:59:08 PM
Groups: Member

I really like the new homepage layout that shows recent squads, customs, forum posts, and comments, as it allows me to see at a glance what forum topics and figures/squads are being discussed, and it gives users a chance, albeit briefly, to have their squads and customs showcased so as to increase the amount of feedback users will receive on them.

I would like to suggest, however, that these "Recent" categories, particularly the squads and customs, be restricted to only squads and customs that have been recently created, not modified or created; I recently modified several of my squads and custom figures and, to my dismay, found that all five slots for recent squads and two slots for recent customs had been taken up by things I had modified. I didn't want to take away from other users having those spots, nor did I want it to look like I was spamming or taking advantage of the new system, so I had to go back and make some of them private so that they wouldn't show up on the list right now. The only problem is that, when I return later to make them public, they'll show up again despite the fact that they aren't really "recent." I imagine this would be an easy fix; rather than the way it's set up now, just have the script written so that it looks at the date and time the squad/custom was created rather than the last modified date, and I think it would make a big difference in the frequency of the changes in the list and give each squad/custom a better chance of being reviewed.