RegisterDonateLogin

Doesn't need to see your identification.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CVL Options
Jedi_Master
Posted: Friday, July 6, 2012 4:08:48 AM
Groups: Member

Greetings. On SWMgamers we have been playing a little competitive vassal league. Currently we have 12 players but we are always looking for more.

Current player list:

1: Jedi_Master
2: Thereisnotry
3: R5Don4
4: Greentime
5: Hinkbert
6: Johnnyb815 (AKA gungan)
7: Echo
8: Buttcabbge
9: Obikenobi1
10: Weeks
11: OhMyGOWK
12: DieAndBeMetal
13: SuperYodaMan
14: Commander_CoDy
15: Captain Typo
16: Minitank HT
17: MaliciousCrumb
18:
19:
20:

::Rules::

Scoring: Every game’s score is taken into account. Win to loss ratio and points scored to points scored against will also be factored in and winners determined by that method. (both individual and team) Notoriety for most games played and most points scored will be posted as well.

Rounds: Each round is a different style of game, 100pts, 200pts, tile wars 100&200 points, Dynamic duo, utini, and epic (500 point) if we have time. (currently finished with 200 point standard, starting 100 point)

Rules: After teams are determined, all players will be assigned a "roster" to play against for the round. Individuals can play any person on their roster as many times as they desire, however, only the first 3 games in a round against any one individual will be counted towards scoring. Once the majority of players have played their roster or time runs out for the round the next round will begin. Round 2 will be 100 point format, other rounds and their lengths will be determined at a later date.

Each round will only last a certain number of weeks (likely 3-8). If the majority of players have finished their games before then, we will move to the next round.

All games will follow the STAR WARS Miniatures SWMGPA Floor Rules. There is no time limit on games, however, reasonable game lengths will be implemented if it becomes an issue. If Vassal disconnects a player or a player has to leave a game, then the responsibility is on that disconnected or leaving player to contact his opponent and find a time to continue the game; if the disconnected or leaving player does not contact his opponent within 24hrs, then the player who did not get disconnected receives a forfeit victory. Forfeit victories count (point wise) as if the victor defeated the entire opposing squad AND count towards the three game limit unless both players agree to a rematch.

After the League has begun, new teams can be created from new members wishing to join in, however, the new teams can not begin play until the next round of the tournament. If a team has many inactive players, the team will be broken up or added on to with new members.

Winners: A winner will be determined at end of each round in the following two categories; highest win to loss ratio (number of wins secondary if a tie exists) and highest points scored to points given ratio. Each round, two winning teams will be determined as well, based on which team had the highest win to loss ratio and which team had the highest points earned to points scored against ratio. At the end of the league, the Team with most player wins in all rounds, wins the league.

The new 100 point constructed round begins this weekend. If you are interested in playing, post a reply and we will happily place you on a team. Signup will end on the 13th
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2012 9:19:50 AM

How long will the league be running? I'm interested in joining but, once I start my second year of college in September, the time I'll have to commit to the league will be seriously limited.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2012 11:08:16 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
How long will the league be running? I'm interested in joining but, once I start my second year of college in September, the time I'll have to commit to the league will be seriously limited.

I am planning on running it as long as people are interested. Each round will be 3-6 weeks in length though, so if you want to/need to drop out for a few weeks you can just skip a round.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Monday, July 9, 2012 1:54:48 PM

In that case, I'd be happy to join if you need more players, but you might want to line up an alternate player or two in case somebody (not necessarily me) does have to or wants to drop out to keep the teams fair. If me joining puts you at an odd number of players though and makes management of the teams more difficult, then I'll pass.
Commander_CoDy
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:09:06 PM

I am also interested in this but I have never used Vassal before. IF its possible I would like to observe a few games and see how it works.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:37:35 PM

Commander_CoDy wrote:
I am also interested in this but I have never used Vassal before. IF its possible I would like to observe a few games and see how it works.

I will see if anybody has a game set up in the near future and let you know.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 8:51:25 PM

Go ahead and put me down for the league. If something comes up, I'll just deal with it then and hopefully it won't mess anything up.

Jedi_Master wrote:
Commander_CoDy wrote:

I will see if anybody has a game set up in the near future and let you know.

I'd be willing to play a game with you and try to walk you through it. Just send me a BM and let me know what times work for you (I'm in US Central time, which is GMT -6:00, I think). I'm kind of busy this week, but I should be able to squeeze in a game at some point.
Captain Typo
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 1:09:09 PM

Please add me to the sign-up list.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:33:55 PM

Done and done
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 8:53:32 PM

It would be nice if you could post the same stuff that you're posting about the league on Gamers here, as I (along with others, I expect) do not frequent Gamers and need to be updated about what's going on. For example, you say that we'll be assigned a "roster" of people we can play against each week and the 100-point constructed round begins this weekend, but I still haven't seen these "rosters" you speak of, yet there are already games logged in the standings thread. Are the "rosters" generated randomly, or do we just play against someone from one of the other teams? Can the round start early if people have already gotten their 3 games in from the previous round and those same people play against each other? Clarification on matters like these would be appreciated.

Also, just as a heads-up, I just started a new summer job that I'll be working about full-time hours at in addition to a part-time job I have in the evenings several days a week, so I may be hard-pressed to fit my opponents' schedules to get games in. I'm still interested, and I'll do my best to play when I can, but if it becomes too much of a problem, I'll let everyone know.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 3:54:17 AM

SuperYodaMan wrote:
It would be nice if you could post the same stuff that you're posting about the league on Gamers here, as I (along with others, I expect) do not frequent Gamers and need to be updated about what's going on. For example, you say that we'll be assigned a "roster" of people we can play against each week and the 100-point constructed round begins this weekend, but I still haven't seen these "rosters" you speak of, yet there are already games logged in the standings thread. Are the "rosters" generated randomly, or do we just play against someone from one of the other teams? Can the round start early if people have already gotten their 3 games in from the previous round and those same people play against each other? Clarification on matters like these would be appreciated.

Also, just as a heads-up, I just started a new summer job that I'll be working about full-time hours at in addition to a part-time job I have in the evenings several days a week, so I may be hard-pressed to fit my opponents' schedules to get games in. I'm still interested, and I'll do my best to play when I can, but if it becomes too much of a problem, I'll let everyone know.

Sorry about that, I see I deleted a few things on the edit I did not intend to. The "roster" only comes into effect if we have enough players to justify one (meaning it would be impossible to play all people not on your team in a round). At current, your roster is every player not on your team (10 games total). This will change when we do the epic round but for 100 point games 10 shouldn't be to time consuming.

The round officially started on sunday, however, signup ends this weekend for new players (after this weekend it will be impossible for a new player to finish their games in time). Also, the next round can start early if a player completes their roster and plays another who is also finished with their roster. Next round will be 200 point tile wars and will start on the 4th of august.

Don't worry if you can't get many games in. Just try to get at least one in before the next round so others can finish their games.
Minitank HT
Posted: Friday, July 13, 2012 6:24:52 PM

Please add me to the sign up list if its not too late :)
Jedi_Master
Posted: Sunday, July 15, 2012 8:06:38 AM

Minitank HT wrote:
Please add me to the sign up list if its not too late :)

You're fine, cutting it close but you're in.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Thursday, August 2, 2012 9:29:36 PM

Can you sign me up? I hope this is not too late!
Jedi_Master
Posted: Sunday, August 5, 2012 3:59:20 PM

MaliciousCrumb wrote:
Can you sign me up? I hope this is not too late!

You're in ^^
kitfisto10
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2012 11:52:45 AM

I may want to join (it depends on if I have time to play). I just have a question: How many people are on a team?
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Monday, September 3, 2012 11:58:56 AM

kitfisto10 wrote:
I may want to join (it depends on if I have time to play). I just have a question: How many people are on a team?

You can check the "CVL 200pt tile wars results page" topic in Vassal and online play.