RegisterDonateLogin

Roger, Roger!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Scenarios Options
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 8:12:02 AM
Groups: Member

I don't know about other people, but I really enjoy playing scenarios for Star Wars miniatures. My two questions are:
1. Can playing scenarios make you a better player? The reason behind this is that the teams are made where even though there is an objective you need to complete, you still need to think more about your moves so you don't get your team slaughtered by usually superior enemy team.
2. Does anyone know where to find scenarios online? I know Wizards has some in their archives, but they're mixed in with the full archives list and it's hard to find them. Also, I know that they have books with scenarios, but I don't own any of those except for the Attack on Endor scenario booklet I borrowed from a friend.
Mickey
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:20:49 AM

There are 3 scenario books printed I know. These are all called Ultimate Missions. There are Clone Strike, Revenge of the Sith and Rebel Storm. They come with maps as well. I do believe there is a Star Wars magazine that has printed a few also. I have downloaded several myself from the net. The Wizards site does have some. Here is a site that has several linked for you:

http://blogs.starwars.com/silverforce/20

Hope that helps. As far as making you better-well I'd say any play time in the game will familiarize yourself with the rules and show you some tactics that you can only get from playing others.
IG-108
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 2:04:24 PM

Thanks Mickey. That link to the list makes it a lot easier to get to the Wizards scenarios than looking through th entire archives.
And that brings up a side question. Is there any way I can get the board map from the Revenge of the Sith starter without buying the actual starter set? It's needed for a lot of the scenarios, and I don't have it. Same goes for the Ultimate Missions scenario book.
And with the Ultimate Missions, only a single copy of the Clone Strike Ultimate Missions is avaliable in one out of two of the gaming stores that I go to. So, other than that single copy, I'm out of luck on getting the others.
The Madman
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 2:51:43 PM

BM Sent to IG-108
Mickey
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2009 3:01:16 PM

I picked up the Clone Strike UM about a week ago on ebay for $6. All 3 copies are sold there but I warn you I got a great deal. Most of them go for around $20. The hard map I have not seen sold separately.