RegisterDonateLogin

Forget Jawa Juice--that's soo Clone Wars-era.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Competitive Vassal League 2.0, Sign Up Now Options
Jedi_Master
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:52:57 PM
Groups: Member

Alright guys, the first few months went alright but as the formats changed people became less interested. So, here it goes. The Competitive Vassal League will now change formats to a single format type and turn into a competitive vassal practice league. I am strongly suggesting we have a league night/time so everybody will know when they are likely to get a game in. There will be no teams at first, however, after one month we will break into teams based off records.

How it will work:

(Format)
Every game will play on a 200 point standard format. You can play any league member not on your team. Games will be scored by points given to points scored and by win to loss.

(Teams)
Winning teams will be determined every so many months (depending on demand) and the teams will rotate except for "anchor" members (those who played the most games on a given team or those who had the best records, determined by whichever method seems more appropriate at the time) Those members will be the team "captains" and choose who they want on their team for the next round. The first teams will be as follows; the top 4 players by win to loss ratio will each be on a team as a lead, then the top 4 players by games played will be on each team as a second. Then the bottom 4 players by win to loss will be on each team. Finally, the bottom 4 players will be on each team. (so, top 1 W/L, bottom 1 W/L, top 1 GP, bottom 1 GP will all be on the same team for the first round) Any ties/overlap will be handled by myself.

(Winners)
There will be multiple types of wins for this league. They are as follows: Team wins; Most games played, Highest win to loss ratio (Team must play at least 10 games to qualify), Highest points scored to points given ratio. Individual wins: Most games played, Highest win to loss ratio (Individual must play at least 10 games to qualify), Highest points scored to points given ratio.

(Rule Details)
If a player is disconnected from vassal, it is their responsibility to set up another game. Should they not contact both myself and the other player, the game will be considered a forfeit victory for the other player and scored as their win with a 200/0 score. The player disconnected can avoid this by proving they attempted to resolve the issue. Proof is BOTH of the following: saving the game after disconnect AND private message me a CC of a private message trying to schedule a game with the other player. The player wishing to score points like this must do the same to gain points for the game.

If both players can not come to an agreement on how a rule works, BOTH players will save a copy of the game and contact the rules guru of the league presenting their argument. The rule guru's word is final and the game will be completed from there. Neither party may play another game until the disputed game is completed and should either player fail to play the disputed game within ONE week, it will be ruled the same way as the forfeit rule (and be called completed, allowing both partied to play again.)

Players abusing any rules mentioned will be thrown out of the league.

Players: --please include swmgamers name in () if you have one--
1. Jedi_Master
2. MaliciousCrumb
3. Minitank HT
4. spryguy1981
5. Mando (obikenobi1)
6. (thereisnotry)
7. wannabe mexican
8. edi
9. Gren (ein_elf)
10. Darth O (OhMyGOWK)
This number can go well beyond 12.

Rules Guru:
Back up Rules Guru:
Back up Contact:

(seeking people for the above positions)

Game nights are Saturday and Sunday from 3pm Central time till 10pm Central time.

For time zone differences, Central is -6 Greenwich time. So, guys in the eurozone, add 7 hours to the time (so 10pm till 5am) and those in Auzzieland, turn PM into AM and add 2 hours.

Confused yet? http://www.physicalgeography.net/fundamentals/images/world_time2.gif and the central time zone is the -6. If you guys want, we can do an overseas league time as well (like, +4 being the center, and it being 3-10pm sat and sun on the +4 zone, whatever it is called)
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:51:18 PM

Count me in! Like the idea of a gaming night... makes it a lot more organized.ThumbsUp

I'll be LAST RESORT for backup rules guru... but don't put me down as it unless nobody else is willing to. I'm not the best for rules, but I'm better than nothing.Mellow

I'm also available a lot, so maybe pick me as a backup backup rules guru.BlooMilk
Darth O
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 1:26:29 PM

I won't be able to make game nights due to time difference, but I really enjoy the CVL. Is the other one still running?
Minitank HT
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 3:17:32 PM

Count me in, though I'm not sure how many nights i will be able to make due to the time lag
Jedi_Master
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2012 3:43:31 PM

Don't worry about time issues. You can play a game whenever you wish. I just wanted to make a time where people will usually be around.
wannabe mexican
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 1:38:48 AM

I think I'd be down for this. I'm in the UK for when it comes to calculating time difference
edi
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 1:49:35 AM

i can play, but im from poland, so again time difference
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:46:53 AM

Where and when are game times?
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:48:56 AM

I only know a few competitive people in my area. Do I always have to play against them? Will we post W/L on this forum?
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:51:06 AM

Jedi_Master wrote:
Don't worry about time issues. You can play a game whenever you wish. I just wanted to make a time where people will usually be around.

Do we have to play against someone else in the League? How do we play against others if no one in the league is in our area
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, September 17, 2012 4:22:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

VASSAL is a computer program that lets you play games online. There is a module for SWM. See:

http://www.swmresources.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=261&Itemid=113
Mando
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 2:31:45 PM

So are we free to play vassal games any other days during the week other than Saturday and Sunday and have them count towards this league?
Darth O
Posted: Monday, September 24, 2012 9:42:46 PM

By the way, I'm in :P
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2012 8:09:16 PM

Mando wrote:
So are we free to play vassal games any other days during the week other than Saturday and Sunday and have them count towards this league?

I think that's what he means, yes.
Jedi_Master
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:32:16 PM

Yeah, any time you can get a game in is fine. I just made the league day so people will have a time when they can more likely find somebody.
Darth O
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:46:39 PM

Oh yes, my Gamers name is OhMyGOWK. Sorry about that.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2012 5:33:02 PM

I don't necessarily know how active I'll be, but sign me up.
Darth O
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2012 6:10:51 PM

I can be the rules guru if no one is brave enough. I'm not perfect on everything, but at least I'm putting my hand up :)