RegisterDonateLogin

It's not Bloo Milk's fault!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Strategy Sub Forum? Options
PGaither84
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:07:38 PM
Groups: Member

So, I don't see a dedicated strategy sub forum. I am not a n00b, but I am not a competitive player either. My experience is from the world of Magic the Gathering, not turn based miniatures gaming. I would love to see strategy articles and threads.

I found a few that are nice. General advice, such as targeting units that have not activated yet when appropriate is much better than retaliating against a unit that just attacked you.

I often like to play era skirmishes [Clones/Droids and Rebles/Imperials] without unique characters/heroes. What are some good tactics for those factions? I have a hard time with Clones. When given the chance, thanks to their base +6 attack, they are really reliable at hitting. However, "Clone Trooper Commander" is difficult for me to use. Granting only a +3 for not moving... I don't know if that's really worth it. Maybe it's a better ability with Heavy Weapons troopers than normal Clone Troopers. I have all kinds of questions, and would really like to see a dedicated forum.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:55:56 PM

I don't think a new subforum is really needed as both the General and Squad Critique forums can handle that load rater easily (General for general strategy like "How do I beat Tempo Control" and squad critique for "I need help building a Clone squad").

As for your other question, by limiting yourself to only non-uniques, Clone Troopers will consistently suck as they are then deprived of all decent commander effects that might help them survive or hit something. Under those limitations, you're probably best of going with a metric crap-ton of Star Corps Troopers supplemented with Gungan Shieldbearers.
corranhorn
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 1:41:53 PM

Using only Non-uniques will SEVERELY limit your options, especially when playing only RS thru UH. However, when using clones or stormies try to get them to secure firing positions and then take advantage of the CE.
Joseph blob
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 2:07:12 PM

If your using just non-uniques than the Elite Clone Trooper Commander is a must. He gives +4 defense to followers with order 66. Also you can filter the character search to non-unique republic commanders to get more ideas. If your putting fringe and v-set people in than I recommend the Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo, Bith Black Sun Vigo, Klatooinian Captain, Talz Chieftain, and the Rodian Hunt Master. You can look up their commander effects if you want.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 2:50:40 PM

I think a good non-unique clone squad would consist of a lot of 501st legion clone troopers and some 501st commanders. You could also throw in a bunch of fringe people if you want to cheat, like HK-50 assassin droids or ASN assassin droids. Another idea would be put in a rodian trader or two and a republic commando training sergeant to give them all grenades 30. Also, the non V-set republic commands are all non-unique.
corranhorn
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 4:18:41 PM

On another thread the OP said that he only has RS-UH