RegisterDonateLogin

Is braver than I thought.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Quick AoO/Melee Reach question. Options
Zaphod
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:03:13 PM
Groups: Member

Got a quick question I need answered before a tourney today that I think I know the answer to.

If you have a piece with melee reach 2 (like a t1 heavy lifter droid) and someone moves towards you to base you in melee, can you take an attack of opportunity as soon as he moves into range of melee reach? Essentially getting a freebie attack when they move to base you?

Also if you are in range of the opposing character with your character that has melee reach and the opponent goes to move away from you, (Like two panels away and they decide to run away from the big hulking droid... cowards... Flapper ) do you get the AoO when they move away? I figure this question will be answered at the same time the first question is answered.

So I guess the simplest way of asking this is does AoO apply to the new range provided in melee by melee reach.

I'm thinking that the AoO goes off in both scenarios - since melee reach says that you count the opposing figure as adjacent when attacking.

Thanks in advance.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 9:13:38 PM
Groups: Member

No, Melee Reach is only in effect when the character is making an attack on their own turn.