Ainlee Teem (Rim Faction) 1 20.000000 %
Palpatine (Unaffiliated) 0 0.000000 %

Real Episode 1 No Confidence Vote Options
501 Trooper
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:01:01 AM
Groups: Member

corranhorn wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:
My view on this all is that without actually watching the movies or anything, how would the senators know if Amidala is telling the truth or not? The trade federation and Naboo had been not liking each other, so this could have been revenge of some sort. Also, Amidala refusing to let a committee check to see if she was telling the truth or not seems kind of sketchy. Finally, I would guess that because Alderaan and Naboo are very similar, Antilles would support Naboo. If I were a senator, and that was all I knew, I'd vote for Ainlee Teem. Now if anyone would like to say why they would vote for anyone else, that would be appreciated so voting people can see all the different views.

I would find it incredibly hard to believe that NO transmissions of an invasion by the Trade Federation of an entire planet reach the Senate.

Obviously, they didn't, because otherwise their wouldn't be debate on weather or not what Amidala said was true, but be debating their coarse of action.
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:05:51 AM

501 Trooper wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:
My view on this all is that without actually watching the movies or anything, how would the senators know if Amidala is telling the truth or not? The trade federation and Naboo had been not liking each other, so this could have been revenge of some sort. Also, Amidala refusing to let a committee check to see if she was telling the truth or not seems kind of sketchy. Finally, I would guess that because Alderaan and Naboo are very similar, Antilles would support Naboo. If I were a senator, and that was all I knew, I'd vote for Ainlee Teem. Now if anyone would like to say why they would vote for anyone else, that would be appreciated so voting people can see all the different views.

I would find it incredibly hard to believe that NO transmissions of an invasion by the Trade Federation of an entire planet reach the Senate.

Obviously, they didn't, because otherwise their wouldn't be debate on weather or not what Amidala said was true, but be debating their coarse of action.

No, I mean by the time they finished the debate. Not right sway.
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 8:06:51 AM

I have to disagree that Antilles would support Naboo becuase "Alderaan and Naboo are very similar". I don't really sdee how they are that similar, either, but you might see soething I don't.
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:09:31 AM

corranhorn wrote:
I have to disagree that Antilles would support Naboo becuase "Alderaan and Naboo are very similar". I don't really sdee how they are that similar, either, but you might see soething I don't.
Well, I believe they are both rim systems, rather peaceful, and as far as I know have good relations politically nd most likely econimicly
501 Trooper
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:20:43 AM

knappskirata wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
Well, I believe they are both rim systems, rather peaceful, and as far as I know have good relations politically nd most likely econimicly

Exactly.
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:06:19 AM

knappskirata wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

Alderaan's not a Rim system unless I'm very much mistaken. It was one of the first worlds colonised by humans. And honestly that's the only similarity there that is a reasonable basis to assume that he would automatically support Naboo. Alderaan has good relations with most of the worlds in the Republic.
501 Trooper
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:15:40 AM

corranhorn wrote:
knappskirata wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

Alderaan's not a Rim system unless I'm very much mistaken. It was one of the first worlds colonised by humans. And honestly that's the only similarity there that is a reasonable basis to assume that he would automatically support Naboo. Alderaan has good relations with most of the worlds in the Republic.

Besides that, they both are ruled in pretty much the same way, and have pretty much the same culture.
gwek
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:04:43 AM

knappskirata wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

With all due respect, I think there are a number of incorrect assumptions here.

Alderaan is a Core world that was integral to the founding of the Republic and remains an important part of trade. Politically and economically, the planet is powerful and has powerful friends.

On the other hand, Naboo is a backwater Rim world largely unknown on the galactic stage. Although they have resources, they are politically and economically disadvantaged enough that the planet is easy pickings for the Trade Federation (somthing that would NEVER happen with Alderaan). Their human population is significantly smaller than that of Alderaan. Further, the fact that there are almost three Gungans for every human (as well as the fact that the Gungan remain largely hidden) seems to indicate that Naboo is largely "rural" and undeveloped.

On the surface, they are both human-based monarchies, but in terms of political, economic, and geographic position, they are worlds apart.

Given that Antilles is a "son of the Core" just like Valorum, the most logical conclusion, to me, is that he would follow Valorum's lead of uselessness, unless there were some political advantage for him.
501 Trooper
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 5:17:50 PM

gwek wrote:
knappskirata wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

With all due respect, I think there are a number of incorrect assumptions here.

Alderaan is a Core world that was integral to the founding of the Republic and remains an important part of trade. Politically and economically, the planet is powerful and has powerful friends.

On the other hand, Naboo is a backwater Rim world largely unknown on the galactic stage. Although they have resources, they are politically and economically disadvantaged enough that the planet is easy pickings for the Trade Federation (somthing that would NEVER happen with Alderaan). Their human population is significantly smaller than that of Alderaan. Further, the fact that there are almost three Gungans for every human (as well as the fact that the Gungan remain largely hidden) seems to indicate that Naboo is largely "rural" and undeveloped.

On the surface, they are both human-based monarchies, but in terms of political, economic, and geographic position, they are worlds apart.

Given that Antilles is a "son of the Core" just like Valorum, the most logical conclusion, to me, is that he would follow Valorum's lead of uselessness, unless there were some political advantage for him.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll edit my reason for Ainlee Teem.
501 Trooper
Posted: Friday, March 8, 2013 6:13:41 PM

Bump