RegisterDonateLogin

Rules by fear.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Rebels New Animated Series Options
Joseph blob
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:57:57 PM
Groups: Member

That's right! The Clone Wars replacement is rolling in this fall to Disney Channel! Set between episodes 3 and 4 it will most likely not be as controversial on cannonicy as the Clone Wars. Oh, and Dave Filoni will return whith others. Read here: http://starwars.com/news/new-animated-series-star-wars-rebels-coming-fall-2014.html
SignerJ
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:05:36 PM

As I said somewhere else, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But if they start screwing around with canon, I'm done.
Joseph blob
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:12:32 PM

Most definitively...R.I.P. real Barriss Offee and Even Piell and all the other things mess up by Dave Filoni Crying Cursing
jak
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:18:10 PM

SignerJ wrote:
As I said somewhere else, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But if they start screwing around with canon, I'm done.

I agree!
LOL If we screw around with canons we could all be done!Bomb
501 Trooper
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:21:50 PM

There's not too much they can mess with, luckily besides the FU games and possibly some other stuff.
jak
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:23:02 PM

501 Trooper wrote:
There's not too much they can mess with, luckily besides the FU games and possibly some other stuff.

F U games are my favorite gamesFlapper
SignerJ
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 1:30:40 PM

jak wrote:
SignerJ wrote:

I agree!
LOL If we screw around with canons we could all be done!Bomb

"Cannon" has two ns.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:01:55 PM

jak wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:

I loved the Force Unleashed games, but I do think that the plot for 1 was a little too pushed. 2 was much better.
SignerJ
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:15:23 PM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
jak wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:

I loved the Force Unleashed games, but I do think that the plot for 1 was a little too pushed. 2 was much better.

Really? I think the exact opposite. I'm a big fan of the first Force Unleashed (especially its accompanying novel), but I don't really like the second one.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 2:26:40 PM

SignerJ wrote:
jak wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:

Really? I think the exact opposite. I'm a big fan of the first Force Unleashed (especially its accompanying novel), but I don't really like the second one.

I don't know, I just REALLY liked the graphics in 2, but yeah, the whole capturing Vader thing at the end was stretched, and they HAVE TO make a 3 to resolve this!
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 6:52:20 PM

SignerJ wrote:
jak wrote:
501 Trooper wrote:

I don't know, I just REALLY liked the graphics in 2, but yeah, the whole capturing Vader thing at the end was stretched, and they HAVE TO make a 3 to resolve this!

Dear God I hope not.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 7:24:16 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Tossing out the story from TFU can only be a good thing. How can anyone see the Rebellion originally being a plot by Vader and the Emperor as being good? I enjoyed the game, but with most games, the story was stupid. One thing I have noticed, as I have been reading the new Star Wars series by Brian Wood, I MISS the OT era. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie vs Vader and the Empire. So I will look forward to more Rebel vs Imperial goodness. I haven't exactly read much of the stories of this period, so canon isn't a major concern. (It helps that the likelyhood of the EUpocalypse with Episode VII has put it all into perspective)

Besides, if I get my Ahsoka death by Vader, it wins. Everything.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 7:48:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:

LOL
Cassus fett
Posted: Monday, May 20, 2013 7:58:00 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

LOL

ThumpUp LOL ThumbsUp Tongue
Joseph blob
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:43:55 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Tossing out the story from TFU can only be a good thing. How can anyone see the Rebellion originally being a plot by Vader and the Emperor as being good? I enjoyed the game, but with most games, the story was stupid. One thing I have noticed, as I have been reading the new Star Wars series by Brian Wood, I MISS the OT era. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie vs Vader and the Empire. So I will look forward to more Rebel vs Imperial goodness. I haven't exactly read much of the stories of this period, so canon isn't a major concern. (It helps that the likelyhood of the EUpocalypse with Episode VII has put it all into perspective)

Actually, I think the only material is the Courusant Knights books (which were already messed up by the Clone Wars), and the Dark Times comic books from which we get characters such as Dass Jennir and it also follows the story of Master K'Kruhk. All of these are rather unlikely to be effected by this show.
Darthbane53
Posted: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:15:59 AM

Sithborg wrote:
I MISS the OT era. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie vs Vader and the Empire. So I will look forward to more Rebel vs Imperial goodness. I haven't exactly read much of the stories of this period, so canon isn't a major concern. (It helps that the likelyhood of the EUpocalypse with Episode VII has put it all into perspective)

Its set before episode 4 and called REBELS so im not sure if we will regularly see any one except leia. If that, makes sense right?

On the upside im ecstatic that dave filoni is going to be on the crew again. He made the clone wars, now im an optimist for this show.
empirejeff
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 11:57:35 AM

Disney Channel is also making Girl Meets World.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 10:19:19 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

empirejeff wrote:
Disney Channel is also making Girl Meets World.

Which, as I grew up with the original, am extremely excited about. Though this is going to end up on Disney XD, not the Disney Channel.
Qui-Gon-DingDong
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 12:18:12 AM

I'll be really keen if they expand on the likes of Ferus Olin, Das Jennir, Jax Pavan and other jedi who survived the Purge.
markedman247
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 5:50:36 AM

Jax would need a major overhaul after the offed Master Piell. Not impossible as they can associate him with a different master.