RegisterDonateLogin

You can waste time with your friends later.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star trek movie Options
empirejeff
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:43:49 PM
Groups: Member

It was pretty good. Above average Star Trek movie, and a pretty awesome movie. The first hour is brilliant. Then it becomes a action movie movie and I do not care for the Dictator's action scenes.
Cassus fett
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 1:45:08 PM

Not cool. Talking about star trek on a STAR WARS site. ;)
Joseph blob
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 3:43:29 PM

This is heresy!!!!! Talking about Star Trek on a major Star Wars website...it was pretty awesome thoughBlushing Blushing
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:03:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Cassus fett wrote:
Not cool. Talking about star trek on a STAR WARS site. ;)

Well, considering how the director now inherently links the two...

I loved Into Darkness. It was fun. The twist was a bit poorly kept, but the acting was a joy to watch. And the role reversals was an entertaining tribute, if the cop out was telegraphed ahead of time (unlike the first time around).
Darthbane53
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:53:02 AM

Seeing it last night game me hope for Abrhams directing 7. I believe it was a great movie. I didnt care for the fight with Kahn and the Klingons, WAY to much screen cutting, like once a second. But when the frame was still it was pretty blasted awesome. Also wasent to crazy about the extreme number of extreme close ups, but thats me nit picking, all in all it was an EXCELLENT movie. I genuinely enjoyed it. Coming from an 18 year old star wars fan who has only seen two star trek medias, the new movies lol, Its scifie. I dont see JJ screwing up star wars after how well he did with trek.
empirejeff
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 10:07:35 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
Seeing it last night game me hope for Abrhams directing 7. I believe it was a great movie. I didnt care for the fight with Kahn and the Klingons, WAY to much screen cutting, like once a second. But when the frame was still it was pretty blasted awesome. Also wasent to crazy about the extreme number of extreme close ups, but thats me nit picking, all in all it was an EXCELLENT movie. I genuinely enjoyed it. Coming from an 18 year old star wars fan who has only seen two star trek medias, the new movies lol, Its scifie. I dont see JJ screwing up star wars after how well he did with trek.

Actually if you watch the TOS episode Space Seed and then watch The Warth Of Khan, it would give the scene with Prime Spock meaning.

Attention Trekkies! Watch Jeopardy! today to find out if you have what it takes to boldly go where no man has gone before with a category all about Star Trek!
gwek
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:34:20 AM

I'm going to take a dissenting view. I thought the movie was pretty lousy. There are some good moments, some very good performances, and some decent action scenes, but it's marred by internal logic flaws, gaping plot holes, and cartoonish characterization. This review sums up many of my issues with it:

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/05/24/Star-Trek-Into-Darkness-review

This is an incredibly disappointing entry from a team of talented folks. The fact that these guys have the future of the Star Wars franchise scares the heck out of me. They turned what could have been a solid movie into a series of "
wink-wink, nudge, nudge" jokes. I've been thinking for a while that although Abrams is a very strong creator, his actions sequences often lack the epic grandeur that Star Wars requires. The best be could muster here was something comparable to an opening sequence in a Star Wars movie. Troubling indeed.

Deserving special mention: Simon Pegg. For all his frothing-at-the-mouth hatred about how the Prequel Trilogy raped his childhood dreams, he plays Scotty with the nuance of Woody Woodpecker and the charm of a braying goat. although others are clearly actively channeling their predecessors, Pegg does a lousy impression worthy of a slow season of Saturday Night Live.

Simon Pegg is the Jar Jar Binks of the new Trek franchise and he should not be allowed anywhere near the Sequel Trilogy.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:37:12 AM

The new movie was incredibly entertaining.
Simon Pegg was hilarious.

I'm looking forward to seeing what JJ Abrams will do for Star Wars.
Prestige Worldwide
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:11:30 AM

It was a 4/10. It didn't follow the original Kahn movie close enough. Though I didn't actually watch it, I just browsed a few Youtube clips and could tell I didn't like it.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:21:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

You gave a movie you didn't see, a 4/10 based on a few clips and the fact that it didn't follow the plot of a movie it wasn't based on it was referencing?
Prestige Worldwide
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:35:29 AM

Look, after seeing a few clips I could just tell it wasn't going to be a good movie or something I'd want to see. And after reading a few reviews online that criticized the movie I had to agree with them.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:37:46 AM

I can't take anyone's opinion seriously when their evidence is from Breitbart.com
kitfisto10
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:03:18 AM

I liked the movie, I would have changed a few things, some which have already been mentioned.

SPOILER ALERT:

I thought Spock got too emotional at the end, I know he's half human, but it just seemed like too much.

I also thought, after thinking about it, that one aspect of it was too similar to the first movie. In the first movie, the classic crew of the Enterprise was never intended to all be together, only Spock and Checkov were assigned to the bridge to begin with, but they all ended up together in the end.

In this movie, I almost felt like the same thing was happening again, with Spock being reassigned and then Scotty leaving. It was not a big deal, but it just did not sit right with me.

And still need to cut down on the lens flare.

I enjoyed the humor and the action, loved Benedict Cumberbatch. I also liked the moral dilemma Kirk was presented with, to help Khan or Admiral Marcus, I thought that part of the plot was perfectly played.

So, was it perfect. No. But was it a good movie. Yes. And I look forward to more Star Trek and Star Wars VII.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:26:06 PM

It seams that Spock & Kirk were super beings, using brawn over brains to solve a never ending stream of
life threatening situations.
Never saw Spock try to beat some one to death.
He needed a big S on his chest, so we'd expect super hero actions

not my fav Star Trek movieThumbDown
Joseph blob
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 3:41:18 PM

jak wrote:

It seams that Spock & Kirk were super beings, using brawn over brains to solve a never ending stream of
life threatening situations.
Never saw Spock try to beat some one to death.
He needed a big S on his chest, so we'd expect super hero actions

not my fav Star Trek movieThumbDown

There have been a few times where Spock got into a scuffle in the original show Scared
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:31:31 PM

If anything you have to compare this to Space Seed not Warth Of Khan.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:49:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

empirejeff wrote:
If anything you have to compare this to Space Seed not Warth Of Khan.

To be fair, the movie sort forces the comparison, by remaking a key scene from that movie.

As for the Spock throwdown, he did attempt the nerve pinch.

I found it very entertaining. The story may not be completely solid, but this crew is just fun to watch.
qvos
Posted: Saturday, June 1, 2013 11:34:56 AM

Loved it! Great Movie.... Even though it was TrekBlooMilk BlooMilk
empirejeff
Posted: Sunday, June 2, 2013 5:01:20 PM

Section 31 would make a great movie if done right.

The DS9 episode Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges is a perfect example of the kind of them they can bring to a story.
qvos
Posted: Sunday, June 9, 2013 3:39:01 AM

empirejeff wrote:
Section 31 would make a great movie if done right.

The DS9 episode Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges is a perfect example of the kind of them they can bring to a story.
Ive never watched DS9 but I'm going to be starting it soon.