Chewbacca was a hero.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 8:47:07 AM
Groups: Member

soon to be a Galactic HeroThumbsUp
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 9:01:26 AM

Yeah, but so was Grievous! Hero of the Confederacy!
dreadtech
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 4:31:57 PM

empirejeff wrote:
Chewbacca was a hero.

Really? there was me thinking he was a Wookie. but what's your point of this thread? saying that this character was a hero is pointless, as this applies to almost any good sided character.
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:07:22 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

dreadtech wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
Chewbacca was a hero.

Really? there was me thinking he was a Wookie. but what's your point of this thread? saying that this character was a hero is pointless, as this applies to almost any good sided character.

Steady on there, Tex. Negativity much? This is the "Off Topic" thread. You can happily ignore it if you like.
dreadtech
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:58:09 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
dreadtech wrote:
empirejeff wrote:
Chewbacca was a hero.

Steady on there, Tex. Negativity much? This is the "Off Topic" thread. You can happily ignore it if you like.

Your missing the point, an off topic thread is fine if it offers a subject to talk about, this was nothing more than a statement. which again is ok if it was in reference to something particular or in response to something particular, which this was not. I have many times in the past said that it not useful to criticize some else's wants or opinions on a particular subject. but starting a thread to give nothing more that a statement is pointless when its not in reference to anything.

If he had said I think Chewbacca was a hero because.... would have been more useful, but then again I am not that sure that would have been, because as far as I can see no one was saying otherwise.

So again what was the point of this thread? Do we really want to encourage members coming to this the "off topic" thread just to make statements and nothing more?
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:11:08 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Again, walk away. Don't read it. I'm not missing your point at all because your point was to deliberately have a go at someone else's opinion. Where in the world does it say that a statement is pointless? People do that all the time. And yes, I'd much rather encourage someone making a statement like this than encouraging someone to have a go at someone else because they didn't their statement. There's the door.
pegolego
Posted: Sunday, July 28, 2013 6:23:43 PM

There IS a totally off-topic thread, however, where this would be PERFECT Woot
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:29:17 AM

empirejeff wrote:
Chewbacca was a hero.

Ahh, but I disagree. He, along with his co-conspirators, was a traitor who abused his civilian rights in challenging the ruling government in a violent, non-democratic process.

dreadtech wrote:
... as this applies to almost any good sided character.

dreadtech wrote:
... because as far as I can see no one was saying otherwise

Ahh, but you must look at it "from a certain point of view." That is, the correct view. The Empire was the good, albeit sometimes misunderstood, side. They were the ones trying to unite the galaxy for a common cause.

:>)

Cassus fett
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:58:17 AM

Ha ha ha ^
dreadtech
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2013 6:49:47 PM

kezzamachine wrote:
Again, walk away. Don't read it. I'm not missing your point at all because your point was to deliberately have a go at someone else's opinion. Where in the world does it say that a statement is pointless? People do that all the time. And yes, I'd much rather encourage someone making a statement like this than encouraging someone to have a go at someone else because they didn't their statement. There's the door.

Your right the doors over there, go thought yourself. You said I did not have to post here. Did you have to? works both ways.

This thread is in affect spam, I have every right to say so and ask what the purpose of the thread was for.

So don't tell me to walk away. and to be blunt, I don't care if you think this thread is ok or not.

I could start a new thread every day with such items as

For your information...
Han solo was a drug pusher.

For your information...
The rebels were in-fact terrorists

For your information...

The only real heroes were R2 & c-3po

For your information...
Just because kezzamachine says its OK

But none are really suitable threads regardless weather or not this is an off topic thread. They are not giving useful information out or even offering a topic of conversation in the way they are put. Sure you could make them conversations. I could put.

For your information...
In star wars Han solo was a spice smuggler, so in that case was he just a drug smuggler and is it right to make him a hero? What do the other members of this community think?
This is just an example & not really interested in talking about that.

I know this is just 1 thread and the OP has not made a habit of doing these threads so not saying he should be banned or even given a warning. An explanation what the thread was intended for would be nice but now really cant bothered.

You can now post as much scorn about this post as you like, I wont be coming back to this thread in any case.

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Friday, August 2, 2013 7:59:57 PM

^^^
qvos
Posted: Saturday, August 3, 2013 3:07:11 AM

Pretty Funny stuffBlooMilk
Darth O
Posted: Saturday, August 3, 2013 3:53:44 AM

This is one of my new favourite threads.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, August 3, 2013 5:28:22 AM

I like grapes.
sharron
Posted: Sunday, August 4, 2013 3:46:04 AM

dreadtech wrote:
kezzamachine wrote:

Your right the doors over there, go thought yourself. You said I did not have to post here. Did you have to? works both ways.

This thread is in affect spam, I have every right to say so and ask what the purpose of the thread was for.

So don't tell me to walk away. and to be blunt, I don't care if you think this thread is ok or not.

I could start a new thread every day with such items as

For your information...
Han solo was a drug pusher.

For your information...

For your information...

The only real heroes were R2 & c-3po

For your information...
Just because kezzamachine says its OK

But none are really suitable threads regardless weather or not this is an off topic thread. They are not giving useful information out or even offering a topic of conversation in the way they are put. Sure you could make them conversations. I could put.

For your information...
In star wars Han solo was a spice smuggler, so in that case was he just a drug smuggler and is it right to make him a hero? What do the other members of this community think?
This is just an example & not really interested in talking about that.

I know this is just 1 thread and the OP has not made a habit of doing these threads so not saying he should be banned or even given a warning. An explanation what the thread was intended for would be nice but now really cant bothered.

You can now post as much scorn about this post as you like, I wont be coming back to this thread in any case.

I'd rather read someone saying something they like for no reason, than for someone to bag on someone else for doing so. You have no right to say that to empire jeff, and especially to Kerry. Show a little respect before you annoy even more people .
Dr Daman
Posted: Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:01:43 AM

juice man wrote:
I like grapes.

grapes are definitely my hero of the fruit bowl Wub
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 5:24:32 AM

dreadtech wrote:
For your information...

exactly

The Empire was the good side. The story was clouded by Obi-Wan and others manipulating the story to make themselves sound less heinous.
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:15:17 AM

The Death Star was an inside job!