RegisterDonateLogin

Nom Anor says, "It's da bomb!"

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

AKRO-CON JULY(*REVISED*) JULY 19 - 21, SUNDAY'S EPIC FOLLOWER PREVIEW Options
Cassus fett
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 5:52:23 AM
Groups: Member

From what we've seen that Boba Fett really does look epic and at 92 points he better be
thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 6:44:47 AM

editor wrote:
Once you can realize that these are "Epic Followers" and not "Epic Loners", the CE switcheroo becomes easier.

Meaning that EFs do not need constant Commander attention, but for some CE to SA conversions, they may need a teammate (another Epic Follower or more) to make things work.

The example on the Glossary card is Thrawn's swap; where you would need three (3) EF to pull it off; however, you would then be able to do a total of four (4) swaps -- one for Thrawn and one for each EF.

Think of it as a "buddy system", instead of an outright independent boost.

Considering the cost of the EF SA, around 4.5 pts, it's a heck of a deal to have access to unattainable abilities.

Yes, I was thinking that Imperials would be the most powerful faction to use with the EFs. They'd all gain Opportunist anyway (except for the droids), and having multiple swaps is huge. Plus access to ysalamiri, tempo control, etc.

However, I'm not real sure how the swap effect would work on the EFs. Would they be required to only swap among themselves, or would they be able to swap *any* allies within 600 squares? The first is probably safe enough. The second is **extremely** powerful, since one of the main tactics against Thrawn is to control his swap: if you can get him to swap early, you'll be pretty safe for the rest of the round. However, if your opponent can swap up to 4 times in a round, then you're pretty much toast.
editor
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 7:43:34 PM

From the EF Glossary Card: "At the end of this character's turn, 2 Epic Followers within 600 squares of this character who are the same size may switch positions."

Meaning that only EFs are able to swap during an EF turn, not any other Allies. 'Allies', per say, could only swap on Thrawn's turn.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, July 20, 2013 2:29:20 PM

editor wrote:
From the EF Glossary Card: "At the end of this character's turn, 2 Epic Followers within 600 squares of this character who are the same size may switch positions."

Meaning that only EFs are able to swap during an EF turn, not any other Allies. 'Allies', per say, could only swap on Thrawn's turn.

Yep, I was hoping that was the case. So in Imperial squads you'd have 1 swap with Thrawn, and then the EFs each swapping with eachother in cool and interesting ways.
editor
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 6:30:47 PM

Epic Followers Boba & IG-88 both have 120 hit points, the remaining four have 110 HP each.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:48:40 AM

editor wrote:
Epic Followers Boba & IG-88 both have 120 hit points, the remaining four have 110 HP each.
Good to know, thanks! I'll have the file finished and uploaded tonight. Hopefully Dan will have it up on SWMResources.com soon after that.
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:45:22 PM

Did the unfuzzy cards ever get posted? I'd be interested to see the finished products.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:40:46 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Did the unfuzzy cards ever get posted? I'd be interested to see the finished products.

I don't think they have but I can post up my set if needed.
editor
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 8:54:04 AM

I'll post the compiled PDF in the Customs forum as well as post the link here. Give me a day. Smile
editor
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 7:04:26 PM

Looks good from my end. If not, I'm sure someone will tell me. BigGrin

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13057