RegisterDonateLogin

Created the rule of two "oo"s.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars TOR Questions Options
dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 1:15:21 PM
Groups: Member

Ok A few questions about the game.

1. What are the best crafts and crew skills to learn for each character.

2. What planets do you get the other companions, I have my starship and droid its the rest I am after for each character?

3. When you do get all the companions, which is the best one to take for each character.

4. Do light & dark side points make a difference? so far it does not seem to have.

5. What is the purpose of duals? Does it have any lasting affects if you win or lose, such as can they loot your items?

6. Is there any other advice you think new players to the game should know?

Ok the reason I am asking these question here is because I cannot get onto the sites forums, keeps saying "page not found" or "you don't have permission to see this page". I can login but that's about it.

Thanks for any replies.

Dave

PS, this was originally asking another question that's why the first few replies do not follow the topic, just seemed silly to start yet another thread when this one could just be adapted for these questions.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:52:49 PM

yes i have and i ask them about it and i got an email saying they were working on the site in some areas thats why its not working atm
dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:16:56 PM

Well glad I am not the only one. Thanks for your reply, hopefully it wont take them too long to get the site up and running.

Thanks again.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 3:20:50 PM

yep no problem(:
dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:34:28 PM

Topic changed to ask general questions about the game.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:59:16 PM

Here's the companion chart for the sith

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 3:01:17 PM

Here's a better chart lol it has Republic and Imperial

dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:15:47 PM

Ok gifts, I assume this is going to be gender related?

I think I understand it,

Any suggestions on crew skills? also how do companions learn crew skill? I understand how your player character works for this, but not the companions. Also do not understand how to send a companion off to do jobs independently of your character. I read some ware that this is possible.

Dave
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:08:33 PM

First, understand that you must have a companion to get any type of skill to craft, gather or run missions so as a general rule, if you have not left your starting planet you are not to this point yet. Also understand that crafting, gathering and mission (CGM) skills are really things your companion is doing for you (even though you can harvest/gather).

You can only pick a total of three skills. Only one can be a crafting skill.

Crafting Skills - You are limited to choosing just one of these. Choosing one that helps your specific class is suggested. So choosing Armstech as a Sith Inquisitor may not be the best move as it doesn't help you directly, but hey, you can still sell the items so it's not terrible, either. Great money-makers are Biochem and Cybertech but they can also be the most difficult to understand.

Gathering Skills - It is wise to choose one that goes with your crafting skill. If you don't care to craft, then choosing at least 2 is a good way to earn money, plus help the crafters in your guild get supplies. Slicing is special though. This does grant some parts, but also money and item drops. I highly suggest getting this if you don't plan on crafting.

Mission Skills - These are missions you send your companions on. If you go into your companion list you will see the mission skill you have chosen. Clicking it, you send your companion to gather things for you. Sometimes specific supplies or even schematics. While on a mission, your companion is unavailable so don't do these around bad guys!
dreadtech
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:30:47 PM

Thanks for the info. Really starting to enjoy the game, still lots I don't understand Crafting skills been one. Though the info you have given helps.

Is there any benefit doing duals with other players? or is it just for fun?

Does light/dark sides points do anything? so far it does not seem to make a difference other that affection for companions. Does it alter the story or change the Reponse options you can give in the story?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Saturday, August 31, 2013 7:14:34 PM

it does for some missions but not sure which ones and yes duals are for fun but u gain xp from them so there's good tht come from em lol ill check about the mission thing tho and i agree crafting is confusing