RegisterDonateLogin

Can't see a thing in this helmet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Hutt100 2013 Options
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 11:59:31 PM
Groups: Member

In 48 hours, about 10 of us Lower Hutt, New Zealand, players will be taking part in the annual Hutt100. I'll let you know how it all goes - I think there are a lot of pieces from the newest pair of sets that could do well at 100 points, so I'm interested to see what comes up on top.

The 2011 champion squad featured Joorus C'Boath, Dash Rendar Renegade Smuggler, and a Kel Dor Bounty Hunter, the 2012 champion squad was built around Mace Legacy of the Light Side, while Poggle Bombs have been a major factor in both tournaments.
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, September 5, 2013 5:57:25 AM

Oh, sure ... give us 48 hours notice. That doesn't give me time to set arrangements and get there. And this on top of not getting the tickets to me in time for LowerHuttaCon.

Are you afraid of my awesome skills?

BigGrin

Have fun and let us know how it goes.
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, September 7, 2013 12:46:03 PM

I've always wanted to do this! Last night we had 8 squads - we could had 13 potentially, but 3 players couldn't make the start time, but came to hang out later, while a couple pulled out late with illness/family.

So we had these 8 squads - your challenge is to figure out/guess which squad went undefeated through Swiss and went on to win the final.

Game A
Wild Karrde
Talon Karrde, IB
Marn
Jarael
Klat Assassin* 2

vs Quin Drallig
Cin Drallig
new Quinlan Vos
R2 Astromech
Ugnaught

Game B
Elite Scouts
Admiral Daala
Elite Scout Troopers * 4
Stormtrooper Advance Scout
R7
Stormtrooper
Ugnaught

vs Kelborn's Guard
Kelborn
Mando Captain
Mando Scout * 2
Death Watch Saboteur

Game C
Little Ass and Big Ass
Cad Bane BH
Rodian Assassin
Poggle
MTB
Geonosian * 12
Ugnaught

vs Cad/new Assaj
Cad BH
new 35 point Assaj
+ support (lost the squad sheet for this, but by the time you add door control there's not much room left)

Game D
Kyle
Kyle Katarn
R2/C3PO Galactic Heroes
Marn
Jan Ors
R7

vs Furious Bane
Cad Bane BH
Aurra Sing Assassin
Kel Dor
R7
Mouse

The winners of game A and game B play each other in round 2, as do the winners of game C and game D.

The winners of those two games play each other in round 3, and the winner is the only squad to go through Swiss undefeated.

Which squad do you think went through and won Hutt100, 2013? Answers later today!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, September 7, 2013 4:14:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Play reports from theory-crafting...
GAME A
The two Jedi goes straight after Talon and his Disruptive/Force Bubble. Talon falls to Quin while he is boosted by Talon’s own CE. They take some damage on the way in, but they avoid Jarael’s shockstaff and they both have Soresu so the shooting damage is mitigated. Once Talon is gone, The Klats still pack a punch and with JaraelGMA/Marn are only able to take down one of the big Jedi but not both. If R2 gets picked off before they get to Talon or there’s a crucial miss on an attack on Talon, the whole game swings to the Fringe. But I don’t think that happens. Republic wins it.

GAME B
Troopers out-activate… after moving up but staying out of sight, they are able to charge out and take out the Captain, who has to stay close to provide Twin to the allies. Without the Captain, it takes 2 activations to take out one of the Elite Scout Troopers, so they outlast the Mandos. Daala wins.

GAME C
Poggle version out-activates, auto-win init. Go twice with Cad while the opponent does nothing. That lets him get into position to take out his opposite number. Ventress takes out Cad or the Rodian but can’t survive both plus all the bombs that will swarm her. Poggle version wins.

GAME D
Looks pretty even, but I’ll go with Kyle since they can Bodyguard off some damage to keep key people alive. Whatever they brought in with Bribery has Twin/Charging+10, which makes for a pretty nasty 10-point scrub.

ROUND 2:
A-B
R2 tows Drallig. Quin is Cloaked and gets Charging+10. So the Jedi have no trouble getting up to the troops before getting shot up. Problem is that they get shot up once they get there. Drallig falls easily – only able to take out the Stormtrooper scrub and one Elite. However, Quin has Shii-Cho and the +4 Defense means 25 defense and Cloaked. So each trooper has to get adjacent just to take one shot at less than a 50/50 chance. Then they die after getting adjacent. They need 3 of their shots to hit, and only 4 troopers to do it after Drallig takes care of his two troopers. Might get more than one adjacent at time, so maybe 6 or 7 shots total. If the Imperials run away to avoid giving him Shii-Cho, Quin heads straight for Daala. Lucky rolls (or a careless advance by the Republic) could easily swing it to the Imperials, but if Quin takes Shii-Cho and can get up close enough to keep it active, I give it to the Republic. Tough call.

C-D
Marn gets to bring in another Twin/Charging+10 scrub. Maybe a Weequay Pirate, who can hide 12 squares away unseen… comes charging in for two +12 attacks for 30dmg and 20dmg. Disruptive removes 120 potential damage from the Poggle bombs. Cad and the Rodian aren’t able to take out all that firepower on their own, even with activation and init control. Especially as part of the damage is absorbed by a Bodyguard. Kyle wins this one.

FINALS
Republic Drallig VS Kyle/Marn
Marn brings in a Rodian Raider who has Triple/Twin GMA and is able to take out R2 after the Republic engages. (Plus the Ugnaught) With a low attack, all it does is annoy the Jedi. Without R2, Kyle and Jan Ors are able to play keep away from the 2 big Jedi while CE suppression slows them down further. But both Republic Jedi have Soresu, so they are able to deflect much of the damage that is thrown their way. It doesn’t take long to catch and kill Jan and Marn, but they are running interference for Kyle. Kyle then has to face off against both of them, but he’s been playing keep away so he is full health while both of them are at half health. After catching Kyle, Quin gets a Twin off and he puts 60 damage on. Then Cin runs 12 squares to get within 6 to prepare for the next round. NR still easily out-activates since Republic only has 2 Jedi at this point. The droids move in close enough to give Kyle his twin back (and take away Quin’s). Rodian Raider keeps missing the Jedi as he moves in, too. Kyle blasts away Quin. Cin wins init and nearly kills Kyle, but Kyle hangs on to win it with the droids and a Rodian still alive, too.

So my guess is… Kyle/Marn.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Saturday, September 7, 2013 5:28:27 PM

My guesses:

GAME A: Quin Drallig over Wild Karrde who can't do enough ranged damaged before the Jedi close in.

GAME B: Elite Scouts over Mandos. The activation edge helps the Imps stay out of Opp trouble from the Mandos.

GAME C: Assaj can really hurt somebody from range but they can't overcome the bombs. LA&BA advance.

GAME D: I really like Kyle w/ Jan but w/ no Luke or Ganner he just doesn't have enough mobility to really shine. Cad and Aurra move on.

SEMI'S AB: Quin Drallig vs Elite Scouts. This one could go either way but the Imps have to get to Drallig from range. Each Jedi can take out a Scout per activation and once 1 or 2 falls they are going to have a tough time finishing Cin and Vos.

SEMI'S CD: Cad and Aurra deffinitely have a better shot than Cad Assaj but I don't think its quite enough.

FINALS: R2 dies to either the Rodians accurate or Cads Sniper. Cin Drallig avoids some ranged damage but not enough. The bombs kill him off and get Vos for enough to let Cad finish him off.

Cad and Bombs win the day (as long as the bombs don't get zapped by a Furious earlier).

That's my guess.
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, September 7, 2013 7:00:01 PM

Also, outtakes - all of the 5 people who planned to be there but couldn't let me know their squads:

We had:
Fringe: Talon Karrde, 5 Klats, R7
Fringe: Talon Karrde, Morrigan Corde, 2 Klats, Todo 360
Vong: Subcommander, Quorreal, 3 Warriors, 2 Praerorite Scouts, Zyg Slaver
Republic: the exact same Cin Drallig/Quinlan Vos squad
Rebel: don't remember exactly, but featured Luke Hero of Endor

I was pretty anti 100 last year, as it seemed like Poggle and Mace were the two best options (maybe something with Rebels too?), but there are some new low cost commanders (Talon, Subcommander, Daala) that fit into 100 really well, and it seems a lot more diverse now. Does anyone still play 100?