RegisterDonateLogin

Ounce for ounce, more nutritious than Ewok meat.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

100 pt ISP Speeder based team Options
HanShootsFirst
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:15:03 PM
Groups: Member

So I'm trying to craft a team around our oft neglected ISP Speeder. I was looking at the minis that provide supportive effects and it shows Garindan as one of them.

How can spotter 30 (or any of the spotter buffs for that matter) work if Garindan (or whoever) doesn't have Gunner or Mounted Weapon?

Also I'm using Republic and Fringe figs for the team and any ideas would be great.

Lastly, my card does not have Order 66 printed on it so I'm foregoing any Order 66 based buffs.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:19:57 PM

It was officially errata'd by WOTC right after it came out to have Order 66, so you should feel free to use any Order 66 buffs as the ISP does have it.
harryg
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:26:13 PM

It does have Order 66, I believe it was an errata, and spotter wouldn't work then, and you could use the new Infantry Support Platform, a remake of the speeder. If not, GOWK works great as does Captain Rex for double twin greater mobile with plus 4 plus 4. Or Obi Jedi general Rex and grand master yoda for plus 3 plus 3 triple twin greater mobile but that's expensive.
harryg
Posted: Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:28:31 PM

Oh crap didn't see 100 points that's gonna be tough maybe just Rex then.
HanShootsFirst
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 6:41:23 PM

Well then I guess I'll start with the Order 66 buffs, bring 'em on. I've done 2 games with it so far (both losses though) and the Medical Droid is fairly helpful but the most useful support piece I've tried was Captain Antilles with the fringe attack/damage boost (I know that's pretty situational but my bro and friends use a lot of fringe guys so it helps).

Other guys I've tried so far are Gungan Shieldbearers, Senate Guards, and Clone Gunners, all decent but not great (as I was beaten, lol).

Also, any good strategies to take down Nym would be helpful, he's pretty beastly at 100 pt plus I still want to use my ISP.

Thanks for the ideas so far guys.
SignerJ
Posted: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:36:09 PM

How about a Gungan Shieldbearer (60 pts), Yularen (81 points), and Jar Jar Binks (99 pts)?
Or, instead of Jar Jar, you could go with an Elite Clone Trooper Commander (96 pts) plus an Ugnaught (99 pts).

In the first suggestion, the Shieldbearer provides some staying power, Yularen provides an attack and damage boost, and Jar Jar is a massive annoyance.
In the second suggestion, the Shieldbearer provides some staying power, Yularen provides an attack and damage boost, the Elite Clone Trooper Commander gives a defense boost, and the Ugnaught provides door control and another activation.