RegisterDonateLogin

Does not speak Bocce.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars TOR tips Options
dreadtech
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:30:58 PM
Groups: Member

A few days ago CorranHornsux123 gave me a really good tip on how to beat two powerful enemies in the game. I will let CorranHornsux123 give the details as it was he's tip.

Anyway this got me thinking that maybe we should start a thread giving tips away on different aspects of the game here, such as how to defeat big enemies on your own. Where datacons are located. Anything else you think will help others.

My first tip would be, If you find a good peace of equipment that the character you are using cannot use or you already have better, then send it to one of your other characters via the postage system, so worth having a minim of two characters. or if you are above level 15 sell it on the galactic market and not to venders. you will probably get more credits if you are not too greedy. below level 15 there is really nothing you can gain that's worth selling, unless its from the cartel market. Remember that a lot from there cannot be sold. So again send it to your other characters.

My second tip, do not un-tick missions if you intend to go back when you are at a higher level, if you do you still get the rewords but you will not get the experience points for that mission. you will only get 6-11 points. this point system also applies if you redo any missions. So only worth it if its for fun.

Tip 3. Expand your power bars when you have more than can be shown on the one bar you have and remember to lock it, if you have accidently remove a ability press letter P on you key board to get it back.

Please list any other tips if you have any.

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:48:02 PM

Here's the tip i gave DreadTech its a Smuggler Tatooine mission and u fight up against Vaverone and Diago.

This quest is the last big one on Tatooine, and it is level 27. When I tried it, I was level 29. I died 10 times, and I’m not exaggerating. It took 11 tries for me to defeat this lol. I was just so close when I was trying different strategies that I would do it twice or three times with that strategy before I changed.

There are two paths to take. I only took the Lightside path, which is when you side with the Jedi against the Sith.

You are going to need your interrupt skills. These are Distraction, Flash Grenade, and Dirty Kick. The cooldowns on these skills are 12 seconds, 1.5 minutes, and 45 seconds, respectively. You need to know is that the Nariel and Vaverone can fight each other indefinitely without dying. Not only that, but Nariel immediately puts Diago in a Force Whirlwind for an indefinite period of time. That means as long as your companion is on passive going into the fight, you can take a second to think and position yourself, as nobody will be attacking you as long as you don’t attack them. (im guessing u picked light side because ur fighting Vaverone correct??).

Heres how i did it the one u want to kill first is Diago first, then Vaverone. I would use Corso for this, as his Harpoon Pull is handy, Make sure your companion has all of his AoE skills turned off, which you can do by right-clicking them so the little box in the upper right hand corner of the skill is not green anymore. Use Corso’s Harpoon Pull to pull Diago towards you and away from the Jedi/Sith battle. Make sure there is enough distance that you can safely use Flash Grenade and other AoE’s without them affecting Vaverone. Diago has two main skills: an attack similar to Charged Burst and a self-heal. The self-heal has a green icon (which you can see above his health bar when he is using the induction). The heal MUST be interrupted. If it is not, at least most of the time, you will die before he does. I found I could usually get off two Charged Bursts, maybe a little more and he would use the heal. So the skill order would be something like: Damage skill -> Damage skill -> Interrupt.

I would start with using two Charged Bursts, and then as you find rhythm, substitute other skills in for your CBs. Just be sure that if he starts his heal in the middle of an induction, move to cancel the induction and hit an interrupt. Get back in cover and start it again. You’ll want to alternate Distraction, Dirty Kick, Distraction, Flash Grenade, Distraction, Dirty Kick (if the cooldown is up), etc. Hopefully, you won’t need more than five interrupts to kill him. After Diago is dead, you can use Recuperate to get back to full health, as you will be out of combat. Vaverone and Nariel have been fighting for a long time. That means that Nariel has built up quite a bit of threat on Vaverone. At the same time, they have been keeping each other at a stand still. I would order your companion to be passive again, and just use Flurry of Bolts on Vaverone. Nothing more. That way, the rate is pushed slightly in your favor, but Vaverone never attacks you. When she is dead, rejoice! You’re done with Tatooine’s class quests for now.

Good luck!
dreadtech
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:27:19 AM

Cartel Items not worth buying

If you have speeder piloting 1, it really is not worth buy speeder piloting 2 or 3. What you gain is just not worth the cost.

As for speeder piloting 1 if you don't have it at the moment buy the Welcome Pack instead. You gain Speeder piloting 1 with the pack Plus your first mount and extras. It is on special offer at the moment and cost less than just having Speeder Piloting 1. (correct at time of writing this post 26/09/13)
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Friday, October 4, 2013 12:16:01 PM

Not really a tip but wanted to share a new outfit you can get. Its Cassus Fett's Set

Cassus Fett's Helmet
Cassus Fett's Body Armor
Cassus Fett's Greaves
Cassus Fett's Boots
Cassus Fett's Gauntlets
Cassus Fett's Wristguards
Cassus Fett's Belt

Cassus fett
Posted: Friday, October 4, 2013 2:30:40 PM

Hey It's me ;) :) :)
CorranHornsux123